SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 Gm Game - Messages to the BOG/Commisioner

24 sept. 2018 à 12 h 9
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
So if a player is sent to the minors IRL, do they need to be sent down in the game too?

I think you have to field an NHL roster.
That being said you can a few AHL player on your roster as injury replacements.

Not sure if they can be on there all season, would have to check the official rules document.
24 sept. 2018 à 12 h 19
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
So if a player is sent to the minors IRL, do they need to be sent down in the game too?

Yes, waiver-eligible players will have to pass through our waiver system to be sent down. We have not set up the formal waiver system yet but we plan to do so before the beginning of the season.

To answer differently, you have the option to play any skaters you want within the rules: "Teams must have at least 15 players on the active roster who played in 10 or more NHL games in the past year (or once the season starts, players who have 10+ GP in 2018-19 would count towards the 15 player minimum too." However, our scorekeeping uses real stats from this season, so rostering a skater that was sent down IRL will not benefit you in any way.
24 sept. 2018 à 12 h 21
GM - Canucks
Quoting: A_K
However, our scorekeeping uses real stats from this season, so rostering a skater that was sent down IRL will not benefit you in any way.

Does it benefit the tank?
24 sept. 2018 à 12 h 33
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: TMLSage
Does it benefit the tank?

Yes. It's worth mentioning that the rules were originally put in place before we designed a scoring model that tracks real stats (TOI, GP, etc.), so we may decide to revisit the "veteran/NHL-skaters" minimum requirements now that we will have more real stats at our disposal. This will depend on our evaluation of whether tanking teams are bending the rules or not...
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 3
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Is there any way to see a list of openings for GM or AGM positions? Is it on this thread?
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Quoting: TheROYalty33
Is there any way to see a list of openings for GM or AGM positions? Is it on this thread?

Hey, I'm the Ottawa GM and if you wanted to be one of my AGMs that'd be cool. You have to have Twitter though
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 23
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Hey, I'm the Ottawa GM and if you wanted to be one of my AGMs that'd be cool. You have to have Twitter though

I think I found you on twitter. How many AGMs do you currently have?
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TheROYalty33
I think I found you on twitter. How many AGMs do you currently have?

2 currently
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 28
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Yes, waiver-eligible players will have to pass through our waiver system to be sent down. We have not set up the formal waiver system yet but we plan to do so before the beginning of the season.

To answer differently, you have the option to play any skaters you want within the rules: "Teams must have at least 15 players on the active roster who played in 10 or more NHL games in the past year (or once the season starts, players who have 10+ GP in 2018-19 would count towards the 15 player minimum too." However, our scorekeeping uses real stats from this season, so rostering a skater that was sent down IRL will not benefit you in any way.

Is there any way to take how their playing in the AHL and put it into the stats somehow?
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Is there any way to take how their playing in the AHL and put it into the stats somehow?

No, it's set up using NHL stats.
flamesfan419 a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 34
Lets Go Blues

Nope, that would be a pretty huge undertaking with very little payback.
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 35
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
Yes. It's worth mentioning that the rules were originally put in place before we designed a scoring model that tracks real stats (TOI, GP, etc.), so we may decide to revisit the "veteran/NHL-skaters" minimum requirements now that we will have more real stats at our disposal. This will depend on our evaluation of whether tanking teams are bending the rules or not...

THIS would be absolutely HORRIBLE. The reason I say that is because the direction of not only my team, but a few others to strive to reach the bottom and fight it out over the lottery picks, changing the rules yet again this far into the game pretty much means we destroyed our teams for nothing. Do you understand how hard it is to search out players whose corsi numbers are the right mix to help a team slide down int he standing, yet still having those players meet the min 10 NHL game requirement,

If the rules are going to continue to change this far in, and by "this far in" I mean the game began way back in May, 4 months ago and in that time the game has burned through 2 incarnations of the BOG, an original scoring system which has since been tweaked "after" most all teams started to build in a specific direction, now we're being told we need to run our players through waivers in order to send them down prior to the season starting which means a lot of teams risk losing players for nothing this close to the season starting, I imagine every team has at leat one or more players who won't survive passing through waivers in this game (vultures) lol...........we should have just did the full restart when the NEW BOG took over since they are now altering various small/large aspects of the game. Which I'm sure we all can agree is completely understandable as there is a new group with new voices.

As with anything I post, DO NOT read any sort of anger into this. Everyone knows I sometimes just like to voice my opinion, which is not generally welcomed by all who read it. So again it's just me sharing my thoughts.
If things change, they change and we'll all adapt...but at what point does the "changing" stop.

Maybe, I'm misunderstanding the original point, which isn't that hard to believe as it wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. If that's the case, just ignore me.....BUT GET OFF MY LAWN Winking with Tongue Out squinting with tongue out Sticking Out Tongue
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 35
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Modifié 24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 41
Nope, that would be a pretty huge undertaking with very little payback.

Plus, there's no public sources that release Corsi, GSAA, etc for AHL.
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 39
Black Lives Matter
Am i the only one who thinks that not every player should need to be an NHLer to count toward the stats?
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 40
Modifié 24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 46
Am i the only one who thinks that not every player should need to be an NHLer to count toward the stats?

How would you calculate Dal Colle's AHL stats?
Daryl a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 42
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: flamesfan419
THIS would be absolutely HORRIBLE. The reason I say that is because the direction of not only my team, but a few others to strive to reach the bottom and fight it out over the lottery picks, changing the rules yet again this far into the game pretty much means we destroyed our teams for nothing. Do you understand how hard it is to search out players whose corsi numbers are the right mix to help a team slide down int he standing, yet still having those players meet the min 10 NHL game requirement,

If the rules are going to continue to change this far in, and by "this far in" I mean the game began way back in May, 4 months ago and in that time the game has burned through 2 incarnations of the BOG, an original scoring system which has since been tweaked "after" most all teams started to build in a specific direction, now we're being told we need to run our players through waivers in order to send them down prior to the season starting which means a lot of teams risk losing players for nothing this close to the season starting, I imagine every team has at leat one or more players who won't survive passing through waivers in this game (vultures) lol...........we should have just did the full restart when the NEW BOG took over since they are now altering various small/large aspects of the game. Which I'm sure we all can agree is completely understandable as there is a new group with new voices.

As with anything I post, DO NOT read any sort of anger into this. Everyone knows I sometimes just like to voice my opinion, which is not generally welcomed by all who read it. So again it's just me sharing my thoughts.
If things change, they change and we'll all adapt...but at what point does the "changing" stop.

Maybe, I'm misunderstanding the original point, which isn't that hard to believe as it wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. If that's the case, just ignore me.....BUT GET OFF MY LAWN Winking with Tongue Out squinting with tongue out Sticking Out Tongue

First off, waivers have been planned this entire time, it is a requirement that all GMs are aware of since we always follow the IRL waiver-eligibility rules to keep the game fair.

I'll just say that this game is very fluid. In every iteration of the game (v1/v2/v3) there have been rule changes during the season. It's the nature of making a game on the fly and working out the kinks. In this case, I wouldn't say we're interested in changing "the spirit of the rule", just that we may tweak the rule on filling out rosters with NHL players since we can now easily track GP or TOI. We don't want teams full of junior players when it is our intention to keep the game realistic for all players. Generally speaking, the rules are made, people bend the rules to their advantage, and the rules are revised.
Daryl, flamesfan419 et Bo53Horvat a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 51
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
First off, waivers have been planned this entire time, it is a requirement that all GMs are aware of since we always follow the IRL waiver-eligibility rules to keep the game fair.

I'll just say that this game is very fluid. In every iteration of the game (v1/v2/v3) there have been rule changes during the season. It's the nature of making a game on the fly and working out the kinks. In this case, I wouldn't say we're interested in changing "the spirit of the rule", just that we may tweak the rule on filling out rosters with NHL players since we can now easily track GP or TOI. We don't want teams full of junior players when it is our intention to keep the game realistic for all players. Generally speaking, the rules are made, people bend the rules to their advantage, and the rules are revised.

Perhaps because this is my first time being involved from the start of a season I may be unclear on what you mean by waivers eligible.
Do you mean we are following what is happening right now in real life where teams have to run any & all players who they are assigning to the minors through waivers??
Because if so, none of us can set our rosters until you get that up and running in game, and that's where I say teams will lose players for nothing because you can bet there are guys who will claim players just because they can. Having been around for part of v2 I knew that waivers were a thing and there was an order for claiming...my point centers around if this is being done prior to our season starting in 9 days just like the real NHL
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 54
Perhaps because this is my first time being involved from the start of a season I may be unclear on what you mean by waivers eligible.
Do you mean we are following what is happening right now in real life where teams have to run any & all players who they are assigning to the minors through waivers??
Because if so, none of us can set our rosters until you get that up and running in game, and that's where I say teams will lose players for nothing because you can bet there are guys who will claim players just because they can. Having been around for part of v2 I knew that waivers were a thing and there was an order for claiming...my point centers around if this is being done prior to our season starting in 9 days just like the real NHL

Not everyone who is placed on waivers IRL, is required to. Only players that are waivers eligible and you want to send to your farm team. You can check whether a player is waiver eligible or not here on CF. Just search up the player and if they have a green down arrow, they do not need to get sent through waivers (Ex. Callan Foote).
24 sept. 2018 à 13 h 59
Lets Go Blues
Modifié 24 sept. 2018 à 14 h 19

Yes, any player who is waiver eligible will have to be placed on waivers in order to be demoted when it is time to finalize 23-man rosters. We will have the thread open before the season starts. We are currently establishing the starting waiver order, hence the delay.

When you say teams will claim players "just because they can", keep in mind that a player claimed off of waivers cannot be traded until the offseason (edit: unless they clear waivers again prior to the trade), and if the player is placed on waivers by the acquiring team at any point, the original team may re-claim him and assign him to the AHL.

We plan to avoid an issue that we found in v2 - in v3 a team that successfully claims a player will immediately move to the bottom of the list. We hope that this eliminates teams from preying on the waiver list, especially during the opening waiver flurry that will happen this week.
flamesfan419 et ricochetii a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2018 à 14 h 28
GM - Canucks
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
How would you calculate Dal Colle's AHL stats?

Dal Colle scores in the AHL?
Didn't realize he had stats.
LicMysak a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2018 à 22 h 41
Black Lives Matter
So let's say a team doesn't have 12F 6D 2G who are playing in the NHL. Then what?
24 sept. 2018 à 22 h 59
Démarrer sujet
So let's say a team doesn't have 12F 6D 2G who are playing in the NHL. Then what?

Then that's an issue
Daryl a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2018 à 23 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Then that's an issue

Well I'm screwed then... thought we had to abide by the 15 NHL rule... if this had been a thing before, then rosters wouldnt have been blown to kingdom come... Guess I'll have to use all the picks/prospects I acquired to make a suitable roster
24 sept. 2018 à 23 h 10
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: jmac490
Well I'm screwed then... thought we had to abide by the 15 NHL rule... if this had been a thing before, then rosters wouldnt have been blown to kingdom come... Guess I'll have to use all the picks/prospects I acquired to make a suitable roster

Did somebody give the impression that the 15 NHL player rule could be excused?
25 sept. 2018 à 0 h 13
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Yes, any player who is waiver eligible will have to be placed on waivers in order to be demoted when it is time to finalize 23-man rosters. We will have the thread open before the season starts. We are currently establishing the starting waiver order, hence the delay.

When you say teams will claim players "just because they can", keep in mind that a player claimed off of waivers cannot be traded until the offseason (edit: unless they clear waivers again prior to the trade), and if the player is placed on waivers by the acquiring team at any point, the original team may re-claim him and assign him to the AHL.

We plan to avoid an issue that we found in v2 - in v3 a team that successfully claims a player will immediately move to the bottom of the list. We hope that this eliminates teams from preying on the waiver list, especially during the opening waiver flurry that will happen this week.

Yes please. It's been ridiculous previously how many players GMs were able to claim.
I'd also suggest making sure teams have a contract spot available to claim a player BEFORE submitting a claim. If you don't have a spot for a player, you shouldn't be able to pick them up and then correct it later. If you're sitting at 50 contracts, then other teams that only have 45-49 contracts should have a chance to use their contract spots. Hopefully then teams will be more selective about who they sign/claim, instead of just grabbing everyone they possibly can in hope of turning a profit eventually.
(Note I'm talking about contracts only, not roster spots. Picking someone up and then sending one down, isn't an issue if you aren't over the contract limit.)
A_K a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage