SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vancouver Canucks signed Filip Hronek (8 Years / $7,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

18 juin à 18 h 33
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 59
On a short term deal, people were speculating 8m+, so the deal is good for the first few years, and other people are saying it will only be good when the cap goes up, so for the second half of the deal. Ultimately, I think that means it will be a solid deal from start to finish, only risk is if he personally drops in the last year or two of the deal, but I'd say a good signing.
18 juin à 18 h 40
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,419
Quoting: JarvisforSelke
He has a massive drop-off in effectiveness when without Hughes... he's getting his value inflated playing with him

I know he said he wasn't hurt but I have real doubts about that. He basically couldn't shoot properly for the back half of the season which is his best asset. Even when he wasn't producing he was still a legit top pair dman. Also, most dman will have a drop off when they aren't playing with Hughes.
18 juin à 18 h 43
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,804
While this will stop Hronek trades, the Mikheyev trades are gonna go over board.

Mikheyev makes 4.75 million aav and makes 5 plus million in real money, none of which is bonus money, further more he has another year remaining.

This makes him unattractive in trades, it should cost a 1st plus to dump him.
18 juin à 18 h 48
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,350
Quoting: TheAlien
I know he said he wasn't hurt but I have real doubts about that. He basically couldn't shoot properly for the back half of the season which is his best asset. Even when he wasn't producing he was still a legit top pair dman. Also, most dman will have a drop off when they aren't playing with Hughes.

I mean his was super pronounced like most of his major analytical categories got below 50%.

43.87 CF%
44.8% xGF%
46.03 SCF%
44.63 HDCF%
18 juin à 18 h 55
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 906
Quoting: Trickster
While this will stop Hronek trades, the Mikheyev trades are gonna go over board.

Mikheyev makes 4.75 million aav and makes 5 plus million in real money, none of which is bonus money, further more he has another year remaining.

This makes him unattractive in trades, it should cost a 1st plus to dump him.

They got a 5th for Beauvillier, so there's no way it will cost a 1st to trade Mikheyev.
Newgod77, AK50, Prime_Jimbo and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 18 h 58
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
They got a 5th for Beauvillier, so there's no way it will cost a 1st to trade Mikheyev.

Beauvillier didn't have another year remaining and was not owed more money than his cap hit.
palhal, jpsnow13 et Xavier02 a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 19 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 906
Quoting: Trickster
Beauvillier didn't have another year remaining and was not owed more money than his cap hit.

He's owed $9.2 million with a cap hit of $9.5 million. And this is still not worth a 1st to buy out.
18 juin à 19 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,404
Quoting: Canesfan21_
This makes no sense lmao. Completely different players and situations. Both are fine contracts.

I think Chatfield came in about a million too high. Especially for a team in CAR's position. Clearly a notch below the top teams in their conference, and not enough cap space to hold onto the players they have now - never mind get better. 3rd pair isn't where I'd be overly generous, when you can't hold onto all of your top six forwards.
18 juin à 19 h 21
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
He's owed $9.2 million with a cap hit of $9.5 million. And this is still not worth a 1st to buy out.

His cap hit is 9.5 million?
Are you sure?? Could have sworn 4.75 million.

I don't think Beauvillier and Mikheyev are comparable, moving on.

Good day sir.
18 juin à 19 h 24
Good nerd
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 514
I am neutral on the signing. I'm just here to watch VAN and CAR fans take unnecessary pot shots at each other. popcorn
18 juin à 19 h 41
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,479
Wish he was still in Detroit
vmark a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 19 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,629
Quoting: gmgb
I think Chatfield came in about a million too high. Especially for a team in CAR's position. Clearly a notch below the top teams in their conference, and not enough cap space to hold onto the players they have now - never mind get better. 3rd pair isn't where I'd be overly generous, when you can't hold onto all of your top six forwards.

They can’t really get better from what they have now roster wise. It’s never been a players problem with the canes, it’s always been coaching and style of play
18 juin à 19 h 46
AusCanuck
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 122
Eh probably a net neutral for Carolina... Lose out on a top-pairing RHD but probably eliminates the Canucks as a suitor for Jake Guentzel

They can still afford 9-9.5 for Guentzel, but that probably involves dumping Mikheyev and letting Zadorov walk
18 juin à 19 h 50
Quoting: AusCanuck
They can still afford 9-9.5 for Guentzel, but that probably involves dumping Mikheyev and letting Zadorov walk

You guys have to go pay for a middle pairing defensemen and they are going to be very expensive if this signing and the Chatfield signing indicates anything and that's not even talking about the other holes on the roster.
18 juin à 19 h 52
AusCanuck
You guys have to go pay for a middle pairing defensemen and they are going to be very expensive if this signing and the Chatfield signing indicates anything and that's not even talking about the other holes on the roster.

They probably re-sign Myers for $3M then play someone cheaper on the 3rd pair
18 juin à 19 h 54
JT Miller for Hart
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 820
Term is great, but the money…
Yeesh. I draw a hard at 7 mil but even that’s a bit rich. He was pretty mid in the post season. Think trading him should’ve been the route so we can allocate money for top end talent. I get guys want to get paid and hey, who doesn’t? But, if took a bit of a discount (even down 100k), it’s a lot more comforting to know he wants to play for Vancouver rather than the highest bidder.
It’s ok, not a huge fan though.
18 juin à 19 h 55
They probably re-sign Myers for $3M then play someone cheaper on the 3rd pair

Having that cap for Guentzel is assuming that Jim doesn't make a boneheaded signing... he's kind of known for making some very bad moves in Free Agency. I see something more likely being going after two top-6 players to give LWers for EP and Miller
18 juin à 19 h 59
AusCanuck
Having that cap for Guentzel is assuming that Jim doesn't make a boneheaded signing... he's kind of known for making some very bad moves in Free Agency. I see something more likely being going after two top-6 players to give LWers for EP and Miller

Well Jim isn’t the GM, Allvin is. He did very well in free agency last year, signing Mikheyev the year before has been his only poor signing so far
rrgdsafgerwrgwr a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 20 h 0
Well Jim isn’t the GM, Alvin is. He did very well in free agency last year, signing Mikheyev the year before has been his only poor signing so far

It's Jim Rutherford he's always running the show even if he's not technically the GM... trust it from a guy who's team was used to be run by him. Kuzmenko also wasn't great.
18 juin à 20 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,404
Quoting: Canesfan21_
They can’t really get better from what they have now roster wise. It’s never been a players problem with the canes, it’s always been coaching and style of play

They're still lacking a game breaking forward, the back end is likely losing some good players, and the goaltending is still suspect.

Maybe Jarvis becomes the man. Maybe all the over 30 defencemen won't regress. Maybe Andersen can stay healthy. I wouldn't bet on all that, but they could beat the odds.
18 juin à 20 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,629
They're still lacking a game breaking forward, the back end is likely losing some good players, and the goaltending is still suspect.

Maybe Jarvis becomes the man. Maybe all the over 30 defencemen won't regress. Maybe Andersen can stay healthy. I wouldn't bet on all that, but they could beat the odds.

We lose guys to free agency every year and every year they’ve replaced or even topped their production one way or another. Not worried there

Honestly at this point the goaltending is more of the concern than the forwards
18 juin à 20 h 35

I disagree with your assessment... I think the big problem has been the lack of an elite goaltender or elite goaltending performances in the playoffs... you have to be perfect to win a cup without it. I have hopes that Pyotr can be that guy
18 juin à 22 h 4
Mentions "j'aime": 575
I think this has more potential down side than up side, but it’s probably market value. This is at least as much about keeping Hughes happy. Whether Hronek is good without Hughes won’t matter for at least three years.
18 juin à 22 h 43
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 528
And it becomes more and more obvious why Detroit traded him…
19 juin à 2 h 35
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 65
This is going to age like milk. Hronek is decent offensively but the Nucks already have Hughes. Would've made much more sense to go after reliable two-way defenders that are UFA's and let Hronek walk. This is overpaying like 2M a season and won't look good in a couple of years.
Canucks doing Canucks things. Won't win with deals like this.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage