SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vancouver Canucks signed Filip Hronek (8 Years / $7,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

19 juin à 2 h 46
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 65
Quoting: jpsnow13
Well well well. If this isn't the Toews deal everybody (who can look at comparables) knew he would get.

Glad I can stop aguing with people trading for him with ridiculous offers because "Vancouver can't afford him". Canuks finally built a decent Dcore, they were not to take it appart after only one season duh.

Now They will probably resign Myers for 3M AAV. I pray they move on instead of keeping that meathead.

Decent D-core? Literally who?? They have Hughes and that's it. Hronek is a second pair d-man who can't be seprated from Hughes or his value drops from a cliff.
19 juin à 6 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 815
Quoting: CapFriendly
[url=/players/filip-hronek]Filip Hronek[/url] has signed a new contract with the Vancouver Canucks.

This is such a bad contract. He piled un the points playing with Hughes and is actually terrible defensively. Reason he was moved out of Detroit. Wow this is bad.
19 juin à 7 h 24
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,629
Quoting: OshietheBeast
Decent D-core? Literally who?? They have Hughes and that's it. Hronek is a second pair d-man who can't be seprated from Hughes or his value drops from a cliff.

Literally added Hronek, Soucy, Cole and Zadorov.

I would invite you to search the literal meaning of the word "decent". I didn't even go as far as "good", so maybe you could tone down the outrage a bit.

They won the Pacific, a playoffs round and lost in 7 against a SC finalist. That's not bad and they didn't do that with Hugues only.
19 juin à 9 h 26
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 633
I think if this comes in 1-1.5 mil less there is no issue.
I know the cap went up, but he's just not a 7+ mil player.
19 juin à 9 h 26
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 48
Voted no because it's one of the last few signings that we'll get to see on CapFriendly frown
19 juin à 9 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 178
Am I the only one who thinks this is a sign and trade? An 8-year deal with no nonmovement protections for this first year screams draft day trade to me.
19 juin à 10 h 51
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,196
No more Rielly for Hronek trades! Thank you Alvin
19 juin à 11 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,373

You’re completely ignoring Hronek’s play his last 2 years in Detroit

Zadorov, Soucy, and Cole were all acquisitions that played well for us last season. Myers also had his best season in Vancouver. The Canucks defense played great all season long
rrgdsafgerwrgwr et rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 15 h 20
Mentions "j'aime": 906
Quoting: Trickster
His cap hit is 9.5 million?
Are you sure?? Could have sworn 4.75 million.

$4.75 million each year times two years is $9.5 million.
But he only costs $9.2 million in salary over those two years.

Quoting: Trickster
I don't think Beauvillier and Mikheyev are comparable, moving on.

Yeah, Mikheyev is the better deal and should get more in return.
19 juin à 15 h 27
Mentions "j'aime": 906
Quoting: ChucktheFNG
Am I the only one who thinks this is a sign and trade? An 8-year deal with no nonmovement protections for this first year screams draft day trade to me.

Nope. He has no trade protections because that's the rules with the CBA. Players can't have trade protection until they are UFA eligible.
rrgdsafgerwrgwr a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 21 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 286
i was hoping for about 1million less per year, and a year shorter..but not a big deal. They need somebody on the rightside besides Juulsen- and although there are lots of RD UFAs this year- theyre all 2nd or 3rd pairing dmen.
20 juin à 2 h 16
Quoting: jpsnow13
Literally added Hronek, Soucy, Cole and Zadorov.

I would invite you to search the literal meaning of the word "decent". I didn't even go as far as "good", so maybe you could tone down the outrage a bit.

They won the Pacific, a playoffs round and lost in 7 against a SC finalist. That's not bad and they didn't do that with Hugues only.

Soucy and Cole and not part of a d core in any NHL team hahahahaha what are you smoking?? Cole is horrendous and Soucy can't defend at all
20 juin à 2 h 18
Quoting: mv21227
You’re completely ignoring Hronek’s play his last 2 years in Detroit

Zadorov, Soucy, and Cole were all acquisitions that played well for us last season. Myers also had his best season in Vancouver. The Canucks defense played great all season long

Oh my. You need to check some numbers before you call that D-core a core. They're a liability and their errors literally cost them games
20 juin à 2 h 59
Oh my. You need to check some numbers before you call that D-core a core. They're a liability and their errors literally cost them games

Here are some numbers
•The Canucks were 5th in goals allowed per game
•6th in shots allowed per game
•8th in xGA
•6th in 5v5 xGA
•6th in xGA/60 in the playoffs
•4th in 5v5 xGA/60 in the playoffs
•Soucy and Cole both ranked in the top 25 in xGA/60 among all defensemen in the NHL this season. Top 15 if you only include dmen who played 500+ minutes at 5v5

The defense played great this season. Maybe you should check some numbers before making things up
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
20 juin à 3 h 2
Soucy and Cole and not part of a d core in any NHL team hahahahaha what are you smoking?? Cole is horrendous and Soucy can't defend at all

Soucy and Cole were both top 15 among dmen with 500+ minutes in xGA/60. If you wanna talk about defensemen who can’t defend then we can talk about the Capitals d core
20 juin à 3 h 4
Soucy and Cole were both top 15 among dmen with 500+ minutes in xGA/60. If you wanna talk about defensemen who can’t defend then we can talk about the Capitals d core

You think I care about how good the Caps are now? Lmao, I'm not a fan boy who can't take criticism. Caps are absolutely terrible. I don't care, Leonard, Lapierre and McMichael are coming soon so it's an end of an era in Washington. And they won the cup btw, something Nucks haven't done and will never do with this "d-core".
20 juin à 3 h 7

And yes Soucy and Cole did very well... Against the opponents, 3th and 4th lines. They got absolutely smoked against 1st and 2nd lines and got exposed out of position multiple times in the playoffs. They're weak and easy to exploit.
20 juin à 3 h 13
And yes Soucy and Cole did very well... Against the opponents, 3th and 4th lines. They got absolutely smoked against 1st and 2nd lines and got exposed out of position multiple times in the playoffs. They're weak and easy to exploit.

Cole had the 3rd best xGA/60 among dmen with 100+ minutes in the playoffs (6th among all dmen)

You haven’t used anything to back up your argument apart from an opinion. Why don’t you check numbers before spewing nonsense
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
20 juin à 3 h 17
You think I care about how good the Caps are now? Lmao, I'm not a fan boy who can't take criticism. Caps are absolutely terrible. I don't care, Leonard, Lapierre and McMichael are coming soon so it's an end of an era in Washington. And they won the cup btw, something Nucks haven't done and will never do with this "d-core".

If Lapierre and McMichael are the second and third names leading that new era be prepared for an era of being a bottom feeder…
20 juin à 3 h 21
Cole had the 3rd best xGA/60 among dmen with 100+ minutes in the playoffs (6th among all dmen)

You haven’t used anything to back up your argument apart from an opinion. Why don’t you check numbers before spewing nonsense

How so? You aren't paying attention to the level of competition he's against most of the time. He fared well playing around 12 minutes a game and against 3rd and 4th lines. He didn't fare well against anything else. So he's not a major part of any d-core, he's replacement level player. Someone who can be scrached for an AHL lvl player.
20 juin à 3 h 21
If Lapierre and McMichael are the second and third names leading that new era be prepared for an era of being a bottom feeder…

Lmao yea sure buddy you would know.
20 juin à 3 h 29
How so? You aren't paying attention to the level of competition he's against most of the time. He fared well playing around 12 minutes a game and against 3rd and 4th lines. He didn't fare well against anything else. So he's not a major part of any d-core, he's replacement level player. Someone who can be scrached for an AHL lvl player.

Once again, you aren’t backing that up with stats. Cole was an above average #4/5 dman all year long

Soucy (who you said couldn’t defend) was used in a matchup role alongside Myers against McDavid in round 2. McDavid had 3 pointless games and 2 games with only 1 point. Pretty good results against the best player in the world
20 juin à 3 h 30
Lmao yea sure buddy you would know.

Those two aren’t a major part of any forward core, they’re replacement level players. Guys who can be scratched for AHL level players
20 juin à 3 h 33
Once again, you aren’t backing that up with stats. Cole was an above average #4/5 dman all year long

Soucy (who you said couldn’t defend) was used in a matchup role alongside Myers against McDavid in round 2. McDavid had 3 pointless games and 2 games with only 1 point. Pretty good results against the best player in the world

Because you are pulling your numbers out of your ass! Look at Soucy's numbers from evolving hockey, he's terrible lmao 🤣
20 juin à 3 h 35
Those two aren’t a major part of any forward core, they’re replacement level players. Guys who can be scratched for AHL level players

I don't care what you think of two young players 🤣 I'm not a "fan" cheering die hardly for a team and making excuses why they lost. Nucks have 0 cups won because they always end up making dumb deals such as this Hronek one and that's the bottom line.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage