SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Jalen Chatfield (3 Years / $3,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

13 juin à 18 h 57
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 698
I mean everyone knows CAR was going to lose a defenseman this year, so it shouldn't be a surprise they signed the guys they could.
Not sure how this stacked out in the end. Pesce out the door and a guy who got 15 minutes per game last year probably gets 5 more.
If we are being real honest about it, I think they should try to move Burns out and resign Pesce. But it is what it is.
Wojtek a aimé ceci.
13 juin à 19 h 49
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 620
Quoting: Holly_The_Hockey_Cat
Only the Hurricanes would let Guentzel go, and prioritize signing a 3rd pair D man to more than he's worth! LOL

Who says they’re letting Guentzel go? They still have a few weeks to try to sign him. I think Tulsky’s just getting started. I can’t believe Chatfield is the only UFA they’re trying to keep.

I think they acquired Guentzel knowing he was probably going to hit free agency, otherwise he wouldn’t have been available in the first place. That he fit in so well was a nice surprise, but it makes it more difficult for them to keep him because he knows somebody will probably give him a stupid contract if he hits the market, now that he’s proven he can adapt to a different team dynamic. But I’ll be surprised if they’re not able to bring back one or two of the other guys.
13 juin à 20 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,709
Quoting: fullblowncaniac90
But his xABCDEF/60 proves that he’s a bottom pair AHL defenseman smh

Seriously, rather have Dylan Coghlan in the lineup. Let’s also get rid of our captain and make KK 2C
fullblowncaniac90 a aimé ceci.
13 juin à 20 h 7
Quoting: Holly_The_Hockey_Cat
Only the Hurricanes would let Guentzel go, and prioritize signing a 3rd pair D man to more than he's worth! LOL

Well you just revealed you didn’t watch a second of canes hockey the last two years. Also almost like negotiations with the biggest UFA of the class are more complicated than negotiations with a 5th D. He’s also absolutely worth this, literally the exact contract I predicted.
13 juin à 21 h 26
Good nerd
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 529
So they have a sturdy guy that knows the team's system and is responsible enough fill in on the 2nd pairing at while the highly touted young guys come up? And his cap hit is reasonable enough that you don't blink putting him back down into the 3rd pairing once the young guns are ready? For the reality facing the Canes this offseason, this contract is a homerun.
13 juin à 22 h 44
Rebuilding
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 270
Slavin-Burns
Orlov-Chatfield
Vet-Morrow
Vet
13 juin à 22 h 49
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,916
Good contract for a rock solid RHD
14 juin à 9 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,066
Feel that this is going to be the new "normal" for a #5 blueliner in the NHL under the new cap environment.

Good signing for Carolina as they need some stability at D as they look to transition away from (at least 2 of) Pesce-Skjei-Burns over the next few years and into Morrow-Nikishin
14 juin à 11 h 37
Quoting: Habs_22_14_20
Slavin-Burns
Orlov-Chatfield
Vet-Morrow
Vet

Ferraro/Dillon and probably TDA lol
Habs_22_14_20 a aimé ceci.
14 juin à 14 h 3
back to mediocrity
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 81
so Pesce is gone.

Eric Tulsky thank you for reading my ACGMs as I predicted 3x3.

Now waiting for @Caniac2000 's opinion
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
14 juin à 16 h 5
Living the dream
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,023
Talk about the ultimate feel-good story! I think Chatfield would've gotten less if he shot lefty, but for a 3RD, this is fine.
14 juin à 17 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,376
Quoting: tupty
So they have a sturdy guy that knows the team's system and is responsible enough fill in on the 2nd pairing at while the highly touted young guys come up? And his cap hit is reasonable enough that you don't blink putting him back down into the 3rd pairing once the young guns are ready? For the reality facing the Canes this offseason, this contract is a homerun.

This kind of good signing will get you a lot of instant goodwill... he's a very good player who can play up and down the lineup with relative ease. This is also a great AAV and term for both sides and helps give more certainty going forward

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage