SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #6: The Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup

27 mai à 23 h 32
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,720
OIL pissed that away.
Benn put STARS on his back and the rest they say is history...
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
28 mai à 10 h 32
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 516
Modifié 28 mai à 13 h 20
Quoting: aadoyle
He wants way to much money and he didnt look great the second half of the season.

Last thing we should want is a guy asking for 8.5m when he aint worth it

It’ll be interesting to see what role and team Hronek ends up with. He seems stuck between “good enough to put up serious points, minutes, results when Quinn Hughes is the pairing - like the numbers n min n results make him look full on top pairing 8 years no question”, and the other extreme “Steve Yzerman traded me for picks and I want a giant bag and I’m gonna get paid some for numbers that are probably inflated”. Is pretty tough, but at the same time, he wouldn’t probably cost that much to acquire, so there’s temptation i feel. There just aren’t many nhl defenseman his age on the planet, let alone available to acquire, and he doesn’t, afaik, have a serious injury history, but idk, he could have long term lingering stuff.

I like Justin Faulk but I’d take Hronek (with good knees, hips, shoulders) over him knowing I’m not getting the paper performance from Quinn Hughes pairing min. Blues need to get younger on D, even if I had to pay a bit more aav and give up a future asset. That won’t happen cause movement clauses but I’d be for it. Our dude perunovich is Quinn Hughes lite - would be a good top 4 pairing perhaps.
28 mai à 13 h 11
I was looking at Justin abdelkader’s career randomly and saw this detail about his old movement clause:

(Sourced from this site)

“ CLAUSE DETAILS: NTC in 2016-17 to 2019-20; Modified NTC in 2020-21 to 2022-23 (If Detroit misses playoffs or Abdelkader is not among the Top 9 F in TOI, he can be traded to any team - clause resets in each of the last 3 years)”

Is that common? I didn’t know they could do this. It would be cool if this type of stuff were reported.

I think the league would benefit if, in general but not always, that player movement clauses were directly tied to team performance. No playoffs no clause type of stuff. Or no playoffs? Your full no move is now just no move to 10 teams. Maybe id even like it if this were a standard that always occurred unless contract is 35+.
28 mai à 13 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 221
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Adam Fox?

I honestly believe it's gonna be Laffy. He's younger than Fox and I think the team is gonna try to name a captain that'll be the captain for as long as possible
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
28 mai à 13 h 16
Kris Kreider????????????

If anyone deserves it its him

Rumor has it that he didn't want to be the captain the last time, which is why Trouba got the C, so I don't think he'll be the captain
28 mai à 13 h 23
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Mitch Marner?

Would you all like a package that included a Necas and maybe a Pesce and a pick? I bet that deal could exist. I wonder what happens to Guentzel. I want Guentzel to go back to Pittsburg even tho i complain about him because maybe bunting provides enuff depth that they can limit Guentzel’s minutes, get more from him each shift, but less shifts. I don’t dislike Jake Guentzel, I dislike guaranteeing him 22 minutes a game because Crosby gets that much. It ruins his effectiveness. Carolina played him 17–18 min and he flourished. You can’t have a winger that can be explosive playing nonstop, they lose that energy burst.
28 mai à 13 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,472
Seems a lot of teams are just hiring assistants now to be their HC

SEA names Dan Bylsma

Now I believe the only team left looking is SJS

Still some interesting options available. Evason, Woodcroft, etc
28 mai à 16 h 17
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,060

SEA names Dan Bylsma

Bylsma not really an "assistant"; he was HC of 2 NHL teams, and was the HC of their AHL team
28 mai à 18 h 4
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,297
Quoting: HockeyScotty
If players "police themselves" then someone needs to take out Trouba. Penalty free

It’s more likely that someone eventually takes a late run at Fox or Panarin.
28 mai à 18 h 24
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,206
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Would you all like a package that included a Necas and maybe a Pesce and a pick? I bet that deal could exist. I wonder what happens to Guentzel. I want Guentzel to go back to Pittsburg even tho i complain about him because maybe bunting provides enuff depth that they can limit Guentzel’s minutes, get more from him each shift, but less shifts. I don’t dislike Jake Guentzel, I dislike guaranteeing him 22 minutes a game because Crosby gets that much. It ruins his effectiveness. Carolina played him 17–18 min and he flourished. You can’t have a winger that can be explosive playing nonstop, they lose that energy burst.

Pesce's a UFA, so I'd rather get something else over Pesce's value and sign him in FA...
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
28 mai à 18 h 45
Quoting: edeangel84
It’s more likely that someone eventually takes a late run at Fox or Panarin.

But then they have to deal with Trouba's revenge. Better just to take a shot at him in a "legal" play and give him a taste of his own medicine
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
28 mai à 18 h 48
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,297
But then they have to deal with Trouba's revenge. Better just to take a shot at him in a "legal" play and give him a taste of his own medicine

I agree with you but that seems to be the way it goes now. Until the league suspends these thugs on skates this will continue.
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
28 mai à 19 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

Pesce is a UFA so it wont work as going for rights is to risky
28 mai à 20 h 36
Lavi should change up the PP a little bit, he should put Laffy on the first unit and one of Panarin or Mika on the second
28 mai à 20 h 38
Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast
Lavi should change up the PP a little bit, he should put Laffy on the first unit and one of Panarin or Mika on the second

Oh well the first unit just scored, never mind lol
28 mai à 20 h 48
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,557

SEA names Dan Bylsma

Dan Bylsma, that’s a name I haven’t heard in ages, and he’s somehow only 53, feels like he’s been 53 for the last 15 years
aadoyle et Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
28 mai à 20 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: IconicHawk
Dan Bylsma, that’s a name I haven’t heard in ages, and he’s somehow only 53, feels like he’s been 53 for the last 15 years

Im honestly surprised with SEA going with him over Evason or Woodcroft
28 mai à 20 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Still dont understand why CAR let Trocheck walk he fit in so well with them and 5.65m for a 2c is nothing better and while its more he would be better bang for the buck then KK
28 mai à 21 h 32
Still dont understand why CAR let Trocheck walk he fit in so well with them and 5.65m for a 2c is nothing better and while its more he would be better bang for the buck then KK

Perhaps he didn't want to return there...
28 mai à 21 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast
Perhaps he didn't want to return there...

Who knows but if you really think about it if they offered the same contract and the 8th year he would still be a Cane. Heck even if they had to up it to 6m should have did it

Cause he even said about staying at the time "That’s still the goal, to be here. I love being a Hurricane and having a chance to win every year is where you want to be. So hopefully we can figure something out."

But I think they lowballed him
28 mai à 23 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 365
Panthers - Rangers is now a best of 3.
Db1899 et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
29 mai à 0 h 17
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Chris Kreider. I have never given you the respect you deserve. Today I'll admit it. You're amazing.

https://x.com/spittinchiclets/status/1795642002337665331?s=42
29 mai à 0 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Rangsey
Chris Kreider. I have never given you the respect you deserve. Today I'll admit it. You're amazing.

https://x.com/spittinchiclets/status/1795642002337665331?s=42

We just need one more and we got the tri-fecta lul

Muzzin making Tkachuck throw a tantrum

Kreider doing this

Whats next
29 mai à 0 h 45
they lowballed him

insert this response for all Carolina Hurricanes contract negotations from coaches to players.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
29 mai à 13 h 18
Hakuna Matata
insert this response for all Carolina Hurricanes contract negotations from coaches to players.

Honestly u could just use the Pawn Stars meme for it for even more simplification lul

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage