Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,923
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Anybody on the radar? Especially looking at top pair guys to put with Rielly

Trade targets:
Seth Jones
Colton Parayko
I wonder about Adam Larsson in Seattle and Braden Schneider in NYR (RFA) too

Free agents aren't bad this year (depending upon who re-signs with current team):
Brett Pesce
Brandon Montour
Chris Tanev
Matt Roy

Pesce is my top target for any team needing a RD.

Doubt he can ask for much more then his current AAV due to his lack of production - he’ll just be looking for some term.

He’ll be 30 next NOV.

Probably a 4-4.75m aav x 4-6 years.

He stays in Carolina or is a top target - he brings exactly what many teams top 4 needs - a stable DFD. And he’s a RD which makes him all the more lucrative.

Toronto for example could go for Pesce to slap next Rielly and then target some more to build a stronger 2nd pair.
21 mai à 11 h 16
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
Anybody on the radar? Especially looking at top pair guys to put with Rielly

Trade targets:
Seth Jones
Colton Parayko
I wonder about Adam Larsson in Seattle and Braden Schneider in NYR (RFA) too

Free agents aren't bad this year (depending upon who re-signs with current team):
Brett Pesce
Brandon Montour
Chris Tanev
Matt Roy

I feel like Pesce and Montour seem to be the big fish targets with Tanev being the replacement one...

I have this weird feeling, though, Marner's going to VGK for Theodore+ coming back...
CantStopWontStop et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 11 h 17
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: yikes
Pesce is my top target for any team needing a RD.

Doubt he can ask for much more then his current AAV due to his lack of production - he’ll just be looking for some term.

He’ll be 30 next NOV.

Probably a 4-4.75m aav x 4-6 years.

He stays in Carolina or is a top target - he brings exactly what many teams top 4 needs - a stable DFD. And he’s a RD which makes him all the more lucrative.

Toronto for example could go for Pesce to slap next Rielly and then target some more to build a stronger 2nd pair.

That's it? If Pesce's only asking 4 for 6 years... Toronto could prob afford:

Rielly-Pesce
McCabe-Montour
Eddy-Lilly
Benoit

While still keeping Bert and Domi
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 11 h 38
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Quoting: Leafsfan98
That's it? If Pesce's only asking 4 for 6 years... Toronto could prob afford:

Rielly-Pesce
McCabe-Montour
Eddy-Lilly
Benoit

While still keeping Bert and Domi

Well some people will argue like “IF PESCE IS ONLY ASKING THAT MUCH WHY WOULDNT CAROLINA SIGN HIM”

But how can a guy with a career high of 30p ask for more?
He got 18p this year.

He’s obviously a DFD - but I can’t see anyone paying DFD highly anymore. We saw Vlasic’s contract lol. If a DFD can’t keep up his defensive play - he becomes a healthy scratch level player.

So it’s up to Pesce imo. I’d want the Sharks to sign him too. He’s a player I want. But I can’t see a contending team like Toronto saying here is a 5x5 for 20 points.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 11 h 42
Leafs going to Leafs
Well some people will argue like “IF PESCE IS ONLY ASKING THAT MUCH WHY WOULDNT CAROLINA SIGN HIM”

He got 18p this year.

He’s obviously a DFD - but I can’t see anyone paying DFD highly anymore. We saw Vlasic’s contract lol. If a DFD can’t keep up his defensive play - he becomes a healthy scratch level player.

So it’s up to Pesce imo. I’d want the Sharks to sign him too. He’s a player I want. But I can’t see a contending team like Toronto saying here is a 5x5 for 20 points.

I'd think Toronto would pony that up bc it's not just Pesce whom you're helping, you're helping out Rielly and McCabe as well

And the Leafs PK sucks so they need help there as well
21 mai à 12 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,047

He got 18p this year.

I'm fairly certain that Pesce will get a contract between $5 and $6 mil AAV with 5-6 years term.
21 mai à 12 h 8
I feel like Pesce and Montour seem to be the big fish targets with Tanev being the replacement one...

I have this weird feeling, though, Marner's going to VGK for Theodore+ coming back...

Theodore's role certainly has diminished in Vegas with the Hanifin signing. But he seems more like Rielly than anyone else and guess I thought TML needed more stout defensive guys given that they already have offensive blueliners in the mix.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 13 h 16
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,527
Tampa has reacquired McDonagh from Nashville? Do they know their cap situation?
Turbo et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 13 h 19
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 133
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Do they know their draft picks situation?
yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 13 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,691

maybe they know Stamkos is gone
21 mai à 13 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,691
Quoting: Turbo
Do they know their draft picks situation?

Do they even know there's a draft?
yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 13 h 25
Leafs going to Leafs
Theodore's role certainly has diminished in Vegas with the Hanifin signing. But he seems more like Rielly than anyone else and guess I thought TML needed more stout defensive guys given that they already have offensive blueliners in the mix.

TML just needs better blue liners lol...
21 mai à 13 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,369
TML just needs better blue liners lol...

There's a bit more than that but that should be the starting point

TOR needs

1. Balance in the forward group not just try to be top heavy

2. A dcore combining size, puck movement, scoring and physicality

3. A starting goalie who can play 42-55 games
21 mai à 13 h 33
Hakuna Matata
TBL must have something planned as to why they brought back McDonagh as I thought Sergechev was fine at second pair and Lilleberg did fine at third pair towards the end

Also surprised no retention involved
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 13 h 34
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: aadoyle
There's a bit more than that but that should be the starting point

TOR needs

1. Balance in the forward group not just try to be top heavy

2. A dcore combining size, puck movement, and physicality

3. A starting goalie who can play 42-55 games

I.E. Better defenders
yikes a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 13 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 mai à 13 h 45
I.E. Better defenders

Not better so much as finding the right guys. You can build a dcore relatively the same as last year but if those guys excel in the right area's your blue line is missing your set.

TOR Dcore last playoffs was fine the problem was they couldnt move the puck. They matched the physicality aspect and the blocked shots, defense but the issue came offensively and maneuverability wise.
21 mai à 13 h 46
Hakuna Matata
I think TBL plan is gonna be like what they did with Namestnikov trade Sheary and Jeannot for a lesser return to create more cap space

Think Brisbois is gonna bite the bullet on the Jeannot front and go you know what I ****ed up gonna just get rid of this now
Turbo a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 13 h 56
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 133
I think TBL plan is gonna be like what they did with Namestnikov trade Sheary and Jeannot for a lesser return to create more cap space

Think Brisbois is gonna bite the bullet on the Jeannot front and go you know what I ****ed up gonna just get rid of this now

Jeannot was the first name that came to mind for me. Idk what the market for him is, it's hard for me to judge him objectively since I always thought that trade was terrible from the start, but Tampa can't really afford to give up assets to move him if that's what it would take. His buyout is pretty manageable with 1.5m in cap savings this year at just a 762k cap cost next year
21 mai à 14 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Jeannot was the first name that came to mind for me. Idk what the market for him is, it's hard for me to judge him objectively since I always thought that trade was terrible from the start, but Tampa can't really afford to give up assets to move him if that's what it would take. His buyout is pretty manageable with 1.5m in cap savings this year at just a 762k cap cost next year

When TBL got rid of Namestnikov no assets were needed. They just took a lesser player and did some ret.

I think you could do the same

TOR kind of did the same years ago trading 3.4m Johnsson for Joey Anderson who made league min
21 mai à 14 h 3
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
I'm fairly certain that Pesce will get a contract between $5 and $6 mil AAV with 5-6 years term.

Nothing wrong that - but that’s a scary contract.

If he can’t provide his solid defensive work, gets injured more, or just falls off a little overall - he immediately becomes an overpaid 3rd pair, number 5-7.

I’m rooting for him tho, not against.
21 mai à 14 h 7
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
When TBL got rid of Namestnikov no assets were needed. They just took a lesser player and did some ret.

I think you could do the same

TOR kind of did the same years ago trading 3.4m Johnsson for Joey Anderson who made league min

San Jose has got nearly 40m in cap space and they’re in the market for adding veteran depth and experience.

I’d be on the lookout to see Grier helping out these teams for assets in return. I think he wouldn’t be against taking on both (4+ mil) for bottom 6 depth / having some guys with experience in the locker room.
21 mai à 14 h 16
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,527
After going 7-1 in round 1, I went 2-2 in round 2

My round 3 preds are:
Florida in 7
Dallas in 6
21 mai à 14 h 25
TBL must have something planned as to why they brought back McDonagh as I thought Sergechev was fine at second pair and Lilleberg did fine at third pair towards the end

Also surprised no retention involved

San Jose has got nearly 40m in cap space and they’re in the market for adding veteran depth and experience.

I’d be on the lookout to see Grier helping out these teams for assets in return. I think he wouldn’t be against taking on both (4+ mil) for bottom 6 depth / having some guys with experience in the locker room.

Also thinking through the Predators plan with this move also. Could open up a spot for Spencer Stastney (LD) who impressed them in his stint there this past year or free them up to chase someone in free agency. Preds have decent cap space with only Jason Zucker and Alex Carrier as notable UFA's. I like Sherwood too but he'll be cheap in any case.

They have lots of young forward talent in the pipeline that have gained succesful and solid pro experience in Milwaukee.

IMO, if they are going to maintain their playoff spot and challenger for deeper runs then they could use another top 6 Center as ideally Novak is a 3C with PP usage and not a 2C. Elias Lindholm with Ryan O'Reilly would be a very good 1-2 punch down the middle and he plays Trotz-Brunette style hockey.
21 mai à 14 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Also thinking through the Predators plan with this move also. Could open up a spot for Spencer Stastney (LD) who impressed them in his stint there this past year or free them up to chase someone in free agency. Preds have decent cap space with only Jason Zucker and Alex Carrier as notable UFA's. I like Sherwood too but he'll be cheap in any case.

They have lots of young forward talent in the pipeline that have gained succesful and solid pro experience in Milwaukee.

IMO, if they are going to maintain their playoff spot and challenger for deeper runs then they could use another top 6 Center as ideally Novak is a 3C with PP usage and not a 2C. Elias Lindholm with Ryan O'Reilly would be a very good 1-2 punch down the middle and he plays Trotz-Brunette style hockey.

NSH to me rn is in no man's land. They need to make a choice soon on what direction they want to go. Rebuild or compete

Josi, Forsberg, ROR, and Saros aint getting any younger

Imo they should look to trade some of the vets and kind of be bad for a while amass some nice assets then go for it again rather than waste Saros, Josi, Forsberg, etc.
21 mai à 15 h 1
NSH to me rn is in no man's land. They need to make a choice soon on what direction they want to go. Rebuild or compete

Josi, Forsberg, ROR, and Saros aint getting any younger

Imo they should look to trade some of the vets and kind of be bad for a while amass some nice assets then go for it again rather than waste Saros, Josi, Forsberg, etc.

You can see that they are building for the future but not doing a full tear-down. A tear-down is the worst way to build a team, IMO. The losing just takes a massive toll.

They brought in the vets to be a "shield" for the younger players to acclimate and grow into the NHL and show them how to be winners, play/practice the right way, be good pro's/teammates, and have favorable matchups by playing down in the lineup. This also helped build a winning culture in their AHL squad too.

They have Wood, Kemell, Molendyk, Svechkov, Schaefer, and L'Heureux to go along with Evangelista, Tomasino, Parssinen, Del Gaizo, and Afanasyev and of course Askarov.

If they move Saros they will get even more assets in return and with Askarov there it might not alter their performance that much.

I think they are sitting in a great spot for near-term success.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage