Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,095
Lfg!!!!
22 avr. à 21 h 54
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,113
Two things I feel I need to share.

1) Sammy had a good game, I have been very sour on him and he still worries me but he played well.

2) Edmunson had a quiet and effective game. So long as he keeps it simple he can be decent.

Big win, let's go
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 21 h 55
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
Okay nvm I apologize to Lybushkin didnt see Coyle hit Sammy

But Bertuzzi why did you do that lul. Dont be taking lessons from Domi

I can't believe how often Marchand gets away with diving. Anything hits him and he's toppling over. ****ing rat
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 21 h 55
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,295
He's gonna be a 20 + goal scorer next year 100%

Even put aside the fact that he's had two of our best chances despite not being able to bury them - he looks composed out there. They had me tearing my hair out with how often they were just dumping the puck in for a giveaway, but on multiple occasions he would be in a position to do that and instead play it back to keep possession and still get a change in.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 21 h 56
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,232
Good win all around, if they can play like that for the rest of the series I think they can pull off the win here. Definitely don’t want to get overconfident but if they play like we know they can, they got this.
oneX a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 21 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,070
Modifié 22 avr. à 22 h 4
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Even put aside the fact that he's had two of our best chances despite not being able to bury them - he looks composed out there. They had me tearing my hair out with how often they were just dumping the puck in for a giveaway, but on multiple occasions he would be in a position to do that and instead play it back to keep possession and still get a change in.

To me put him with Matthews next year. We cant bring back Bertuzzi anyway if we want to improve this Dcore why cant he play with him

Like if Robertson had 14 goals and 13 assists for 27 points in 56 games if we give him more mins and he plays all 82 games I could see a 20-25 goal 50 point guy easily

Can apply the same to McMann (when healthy) and other guys one day.
oneX a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 22 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
I can't believe how often Marchand gets away with diving. Anything hits him and he's toppling over. ****ing rat

Marchand gets away with a lot but when you catch him or can goat him into losing his temper its a treat

He is both a hero for the bruins but has also cost them games with that temper
oneX a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 22 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Will say this Bruins going with Ullmark after Swayman won them game 1 is still baffling

Its like what the Wild did last year after Gustavsson won them game 1 with one of the best performances seen in forever but no go Fleury game 2

In the end same result
22 avr. à 22 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Honestly the young kids have impressed me so far and more are soon gonna be on their way

Knies, Holmberg, Robertson dont look out of place

The third line gets pushed around but holy **** they have had some dynamite chances these past 2 games. Especially Robertson

And come 2026 and beyond we could see more join the ranks

Minten, Cowen, Grebyonkin, Quillan, Webber, Niemela, etc.
22 avr. à 22 h 9
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,672

1) Sammy had a good game, I have been very sour on him and he still worries me but he played well.

2) Edmunson had a quiet and effective game. So long as he keeps it simple he can be decent.

Big win, let's go

No no no. Edmunson needs to sit. He has not been good at all
22 avr. à 22 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 22 avr. à 22 h 23

Big win, let's go

Everyone top to bottom was good. Could we nitpick yes but meh we won who cares

Just tone down the temper to not give BOS easy PP's.

Liked the physicality, liked the big lines stepping up, liked everyone stepping up after that awful last min to period 1

And if they can play like that Game 3, 4, and 5 they set especially if Willy returns
Saskleaf et RipNasty a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 23 h 5
Sadness
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 973
I was angry with Sammy all game 1 and period 1 here, but after that he was pretty lights out which was encouraging. Good stuff
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 23 h 17
Rip
Quoting: Random2152
No no no. Edmunson needs to sit. He has not been good at all

I thought he's been awful as well but he made a lot of low key smart plays today that broke up some chances. I don't know who I would play over him in any case. Brodie if Keefe could keep himself from overplaying him maybe but the moment he's in the lineup, Keefe's giving Brodie 25 minutes a night.
22 avr. à 23 h 18
Rip
Quoting: CameronSquires
I was angry with Sammy all game 1 and period 1 here, but after that he was pretty lights out which was encouraging. Good stuff

It's still going to be nerve wracking but hey if he settles in, great!
22 avr. à 23 h 19
Rip
Everyone top to bottom was good. Could we nitpick yes but meh we won who cares

Just tone down the temper to not give BOS easy PP's.

Liked the physicality, liked the big lines stepping up, liked everyone stepping up after that awful last min to period 1

And if they can play like that Game 3, 4, and 5 they set especially if Willy returns

Willy will be such a difference maker, I bet he's good to go for game 3. An extra night will help.
22 avr. à 23 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Willy will be such a difference maker, I bet he's good to go for game 3. An extra night will help.

He better be otherwise im gonna go wtf is going on
23 avr. à 1 h 41
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,636
Quoting: Saskleaf
Good win all around, if they can play like that for the rest of the series I think they can pull off the win here. Definitely don’t want to get overconfident but if they play like we know they can, they got this.

Yep, that we can agree on. Problem is, that doesn't happen every game.

I'm gonna go one step further and say Matthews has to build on this effort tonight especially when you consider Marner really hasn't done much in this series so far.

As for the goaltending...well, playing like this will really help both goalies and will need both IMO.
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 1 h 44
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,636
To me put him with Matthews next year. We cant bring back Bertuzzi anyway if we want to improve this Dcore why cant he play with him

Like if Robertson had 14 goals and 13 assists for 27 points in 56 games if we give him more mins and he plays all 82 games I could see a 20-25 goal 50 point guy easily

Can apply the same to McMann (when healthy) and other guys one day.

I like this idea. Also..consider how Robbie will look under a different coach. Actually that can be applied to all the young players on this team.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 10 h 56
Rip
Quoting: oneX
I like this idea. Also..consider how Robbie will look under a different coach. Actually that can be applied to all the young players on this team.

The problem with Robertson on the top 2 lines is he isn't a puck retriever. Matthews needs a puck retriever (Hyman, Bunting and now Bertuzzi) and a playmaker (Nylander, Marner or Domi). Robertson is a shooter as well and is too small to go get pucks in the corner. It will effectively nullify their ability to cycle the puck and make them an almost exclusively a rush line. Not optimal at all.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 11 h 26
Leafs going to Leafs
Mentions "j'aime": 3,039
Also I don't love marner, I just don't make up reasons to hate him. If he doesn't figure out the playoffs this year then he may have to be traded but I certainly hope he figures it out.

He's not figured it out for the past 8 years... What makes you think he'll figure it out now while playing top 6...

Give him bottom 6 comp, like PLD and Lindholm and nurse his confidence when Willy comes back...
Trickster et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 11 h 34
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Blaming Marner for that Pastrnak goal is crazy, that lands on Benoits shoulders.

Marner is a great player whose given a short leash. He's either forced to be Matthews' personal assistant or carry the load of Tavares and Knies. Under another coaches system, Marner would pot 40 goals.

If we were to trade him (which would be a huge mistake), I actually don't hate Random2152 's idea. I'd love to get Doan out of Arizona / Utah, big fan of that kid. I think Crouse would be an unmitigated disaster under Keefe though, he seems to struggle with players like that. Unless you are a low maintenance speedy 2 way winger, you won't find success under Keefe. He completely fails to utilize those wildcard players to their strengths. The only teams that make sense for Marner IMO are New Jersey and Utah. Again though, I'd be crushed to see him dealt

https://hockeystatcards.com
https://hockeystatcards.com/single

Marner was giving worse production than REAVES last night...

And Pasta was Marner's man, the Leafs were playing Man on Man defence... Can't let Boston's most dangerous guy in the slot w nobody around him
Trickster a aimé ceci.
23 avr. à 11 h 37
Leafs going to Leafs
Gotta give flowers to Lyubushkin as well...

He played fantastic last night
23 avr. à 11 h 54
Rip
Quoting: Leafsfan98
He's not figured it out for the past 8 years... What makes you think he'll figure it out now while playing top 6...

Give him bottom 6 comp, like PLD and Lindholm and nurse his confidence when Willy comes back...

It's not a confidence issue with him right now. I don't think his ankle is 100% yet. His edge work just isn't as strong as we have seen. Hopefully he'll get better each game as he gets his strength back.
23 avr. à 11 h 55
Rip
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Gotta give flowers to Lyubushkin as well...

He played fantastic last night

I am not sure you watched the game. He had several moments of nervousness. He chases the play too often. I would see he was one of the weaker defenceman in the game. Him and Benoit had a lot of tough moments that resulted in TO being hemmed into their own zone.
23 avr. à 11 h 56
Leafs going to Leafs
It's not a confidence issue with him right now. I don't think his ankle is 100% yet. His edge work just isn't as strong as we have seen. Hopefully he'll get better each game as he gets his strength back.

Is that what happened vs Florida? Vs Tampa x2? Vs Montreal?

When Reaves has better advanced analytics then you when you are supposed to be the 2nd best player on your team... It's a confidence thing or it's a he can't do it thing... Bet on the confidence part and put him with Knies and Holmberg G3 if Willy's back

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage