Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #5: The Final Stretch

29 avr. à 20 h 25
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,856
Quoting: aadoyle
Look at Dubas first year in Pitt man basically wasted an amazing Crosby season

Again you keep missing it Karlsson is soon gonna be 34 and is with ret making 10m and would cost TOR assets to get. You go oh Montour or Skjei make 6-7 who cares thats still cheaper than EK and they younger and cost 0 assets to get

Save the assets and go get the free agents who play a similar role, are younger, will be cheaper, and wont cost us any assets

Montour at 5.75-7m is still better than going and wasting assets on EK who will be 37 when that deal's done.

Staying clear was the wise move

Yeah bro the Leafs look like a great team with really amazing decisions and wise moves?

Ilya, Edmundson, Bertuzzi, Kampf, Reavo, Klingberg

Dubas didn’t make a team underperform, then when he begins to sell they over perform. They played themselves out of the playoffs firstly, then played themselves out of Buium or Iginla.

Again… like your choice of Montour and Skeji = throwing away this season, because they’re currently signed. You also act like acquiring Karlsson for a first + prospect to get him at 8-9m aav (since at 10m he cost just basically a first) is super expensive. Sure whatever I disagree we often overvalue picks and prospects as fans.

Let’s follow your choice though.
If you acquire either at TDL then extend - that would cost the same as Karlsson. The Leafs would presumably be a better team with Karlsson or Montour so this should be a later first.

So your either getting Karlsson for a 1st + for a FULL year at 33
Or Montour for half a season plus a 6y, 6.5m extension for the same price at 30… with statistically and historically worse production.

Which again; you’re assuming Montour/ Skeji will continue to put up 40+ points at 6.5m x 6 years

How is that not the same as me saying Karlsson could put up 70+ with Toronto?

I’m stating : the Leafs + Karlsson would be a far better team THIS year.
You’re stating the Leafs will be a far better team NEXT year and still suck this year by not acquiring…

Idk maybe I’m crazy for believing in Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Rielly, + Karlsson. Maybe I shouldn’t believe in this core like it seems many Leafs fans don’t anymore.

Maybe being aggressive, wild, and bold like Vegas actually is just a bad move and sucks.
29 avr. à 20 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,143
Modifié 29 avr. à 21 h 23
Quoting: yikes
Yeah bro the Leafs look like a great team with really amazing decisions and wise moves?

Ilya, Edmundson, Bertuzzi, Kampf, Reavo, Klingberg

Dubas didn’t make a team underperform, then when he begins to sell they over perform. They played themselves out of the playoffs firstly, then played themselves out of Buium or Iginla.

Again… like your choice of Montour and Skeji = throwing away this season, because they’re currently signed. You also act like acquiring Karlsson for a first + prospect to get him at 8-9m aav (since at 10m he cost just basically a first) is super expensive. Sure whatever I disagree we often overvalue picks and prospects as fans.

Let’s follow your choice though.
If you acquire either at TDL then extend - that would cost the same as Karlsson. The Leafs would presumably be a better team with Karlsson or Montour so this should be a later first.

So your either getting Karlsson for a 1st + for a FULL year at 33
Or Montour for half a season plus a 6y, 6.5m extension for the same price at 30… with statistically and historically worse production.

Which again; you’re assuming Montour/ Skeji will continue to put up 40+ points at 6.5m x 6 years

How is that not the same as me saying Karlsson could put up 70+ with Toronto?

I’m stating : the Leafs + Karlsson would be a far better team THIS year.
You’re stating the Leafs will be a far better team NEXT year and still suck this year by not acquiring…

Idk maybe I’m crazy for believing in Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Rielly, + Karlsson. Maybe I shouldn’t believe in this core like it seems many Leafs fans don’t anymore.

All pending UFA's and all cost less to get than what Pitt traded for to get EK. Can move on without worry or they dont cost so much that they bother us. Can always bury Reaves for nothing once cap goes up.

Again you keep trying to justify it but its just silly.

TOR trading for a 34 year old making 10m even with ret would have been an awful move for TOR

We dont need 5 guys in double digits lul and moving Marner or Willy to fit him would have been stupid. The slowdown can happen at any moment and we dont need a giant anchor rn.

Just go sign Montour for 5-7m and save the assets
29 avr. à 20 h 31
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,856
Modifié 29 avr. à 20 h 36
All pending UFA's and all cost less than what EK would have got. Plus younger

Again you keep trying to justify it but its just invalid

Trading for a 34 year old making 10m even with ret would have been an awful move for TOR end of story bye

Man I love seeing you just ignore 90% of whay I say then continuing like you’ve made unreal points that are inarguable.

Lmfao. Look at your current team bro. That’s the end of the story because unless the gods got a miracle here the cores over and the story’s done this year.

Cant wait for Brad to keep cooking. If Montour has a good playoffs he will cost 7.5 + for a Canadian team and that further feeds my point of the gamble being just as massive as Karlsson in your eyes.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 avr. à 21 h 28
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,530
Dave Hakstol and David Quinn were both fired

Hakstol I could see coming from a mile away, I’m more impressed that Quinn even made it to the new year, let alone the end of the season
29 avr. à 21 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: IconicHawk
Dave Hakstol and David Quinn were both fired

Hakstol I could see coming from a mile away, I’m more impressed that Quinn even made it to the new year, let alone the end of the season

Not surprised as SEA did take a giant step back even though that prior season was them overachieving

Honestly I see Evason taking over SEA and for SJS just promote someone within wont be good for a while anyways just put anyone there to tank Granato, a statue, the food coordinator, anyone will do
29 avr. à 21 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Fla overcame their demon

Really thought it would be a 7 game series
Rolfadinho a aimé ceci.
29 avr. à 22 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 326
Good series Tampa fans.
BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
29 avr. à 22 h 9
Hakuna Matata
TBL is gonna be interesting to watch this summer

Do they keep Stamkos or does he walk like Palat and Killorn

Do they bring back the pending UFA's

Lets see
Rolfadinho et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
29 avr. à 23 h 47
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 979
TBL is gonna be interesting to watch this summer

Do they keep Stamkos or does he walk like Palat and Killorn

Do they bring back the pending UFA's

Lets see

Yeah they have about $10 mil and 2-3 players/positions to fill. Stamkos vs Duclair seems obvious unless Stammer takes a 8x$5mil type deal (knowing he won't play 8 years) but that still leaves their D with the same group (less Dumba).

If they do move on from Stamkos they have some young wing prospects that might get a look (Duke, Howard, Goncalves, Gauthier at the top of the list).

Can't imagine Stamkos leaving but if he went to Toronto; holy crap Leaf-land would explode
30 avr. à 0 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,121
Got a new thread made up seeing as though this one is nearly at max capacity. See you all there!

New thread
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. à 1 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,933
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Yeah they have about $10 mil and 2-3 players/positions to fill. Stamkos vs Duclair seems obvious unless Stammer takes a 8x$5mil type deal (knowing he won't play 8 years) but that still leaves their D with the same group (less Dumba).

If they do move on from Stamkos they have some young wing prospects that might get a look (Duke, Howard, Goncalves, Gauthier at the top of the list).

Can't imagine Stamkos leaving but if he went to Toronto; holy crap Leaf-land would explode

D same group but add Sergachev. He only played 34 games. Lilliberg showed he can at least hang and Crozier wasn't terrible. They could go into next season
Hedman Sergy Cernak Lilliberg Perbix Crozier and a healthy Vasy and stay in the mix then see what the can do come trade deadline.
Wouldn't be surprised if they add a TJ Brodie type as a reclamation project. JBB loves his projects.

You gotta bring stammer back. He was their best forward this series and came up with some really big plays defensively too. Laid the body. Lead by example. not to mention he's a 40goal scorer. There isn't anyone in this group that could lead as well as him so if you let him walk you're putting your team back a ways.

One or two if those guys you mentioned will mix in for sure. Duke has got Tampa forward written all over him.
30 avr. à 7 h 49
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,430
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Got a new thread made up seeing as though this one is nearly at max capacity. See you all there!

New thread

^New thread @BeterChiarelli
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage