SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(WSH/TOR) - Edmundson for 2024 3rd (NYI), 2025 5th (CHI)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 mars à 12 h 34
Beargold
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 165
It seems like Tre is content with his skilled core and wants big guys to make it harder to play in the Leafs' end. Don't hate the strategy; let's just hope it pans out. Curious that they're not addressing defending a top line, but I suppose all it takes is one solid hit (assuming they can actually catch someone).
7 mars à 12 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,955
Quoting: mv21227
He’s also just a good dman, especially defensively and physically. Even on a terrible Anaheim team his xGF% at 5v5 is above 50% (their only dman above 50%). You seem upset because of what happened in the playoffs last year

Once again we go to the charts. Sometimes charts make guys look great when they aint thats the problem with analytics these days. Its clouded judgement. These guys may not have the great analytics but come playoffs be valuable due to its nature

Edmunson has been on multiple playoff runs 2 SCF runs. He helped the Blues win a cup even with these analytics in question. Thats what people got to focus on. Yes Analytics are good but so is experience and getting to the SCF twice in a 3 year span aint bad
7 mars à 12 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,342
Quoting: aadoyle
Once again we go to the charts. Sometimes charts make guys look great when they aint thats the problem with analytics these days. Its clouded judgement. These guys may not have the great analytics but come playoffs be valuable due to its nature

Edmunson has been on multiple playoff runs 2 SCF runs. He helped the Blues win a cup even with these analytics in question. Thats what people got to focus on. Yes Analytics are good but so is experience and getting to the SCF twice in a 3 year span aint bad

You do know Gudas played in the SCF last season right?

And is Pat Maroon better than Mitch Marner for a playoff team because Maroon won 3 straight cups while Marner has only made it past the first round once? And because Maroon is physical and built for playoff hockey while Marner isn’t?
7 mars à 12 h 49
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,839
Typical Brad Treliving move. We’ll see if Edmundson’s health holds up, but there’s nothing exciting to see here
7 mars à 12 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mv21227
You do know Gudas played in the SCF last season right?

And is Pat Maroon better than Mitch Marner for a playoff team because Maroon won 3 straight cups while Marner has only made it past the first round once? And because Maroon is physical and built for playoff hockey while Marner isn’t?

He did it once. Edmunson has been on multiple long runs thats the thing. Its experience and other factors that makes him valuable and considering the depth he will be third pair here in a role that will fit well for him.

And while Maroon is not better than Marner 3 cups be nothing to slouch on. Even better players can struggle to win it all.

In the end as said before this is the kind of guy you want for playoff hockey as its a different world out there
7 mars à 12 h 55
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 160
trading 4 picks for rental depth D rather than paying up for Tanev is a choice. Wes Clark has done a good job in the later rounds so losing depth picks isn't nothing for the leafs.

If nothing else he's a 6'5 hard hitting jerk, these players are built for the playoffs, also toughness is fun to watch.

I just hope the league doesn't start cracking down on crosschecking in the playoffs now that the leafs have some greasy players
7 mars à 12 h 59
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: F50marco
I got to say, I'm not digging the Leafs moves thus far. They didn't really overpay or anything for Eddy or Bush for that matter but man they better have something more pertinent in the works. Eddy/Bush cannot be your solution defensively.

I mean... Brad hasn't made a move to dig his moves
7 mars à 13 h 0
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
If the numbers lined up, I would agree with you, but the Analytics for Edmundson are terrible, almost as bad as Ilya's. Look at any SC Winner and their analytics will be elite.

I've seen plenty of teams in the last few years who picked up players with poor analytics that had successful playoff runs.
Chiarot and Schenn to name a couple
7 mars à 13 h 0
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,022
Another negative impact dman to go with Lyubushkin. Love this for Leafs fans lol
7 mars à 13 h 2
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Fair deal but I don't see how Edmundson and Lyubushkin are the answer to the Leafs' problems

Brad's counting on the Matthews show... Because he's provided no support besides guys who won't let people touch Matthews
7 mars à 13 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: F50marco
I got to say, I'm not digging the Leafs moves thus far. They didn't really overpay or anything for Eddy or Bush for that matter but man they better have something more pertinent in the works. Eddy/Bush cannot be your solution defensively.

After watching playoff hockey especially last season and some years I disagree due to one factor

We saw the formula for going far

Big physical Dcore. FLA and VGK especially like Jesus you could not get near that VGK net

Playoffs are where analytics seem to die and size and power seem to be the answer as other than Pitt that one year where they won the cup with some mix and match guys most of the other time its just been Dcores with size that get it done
7 mars à 13 h 19
MajorMoose
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602
Treliving can't help himself when it comes to 3rd pairing defenseman
7 mars à 15 h 6
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Quoting: CapFriendly
Trade confirmed: [url=/teams/mapleleafs]Toronto Maple Leafs[/url] - [url=/teams/capitals]Washington Capitals[/url]

Not sure why everyone freaks out over a 3rd & a 5th rounder.....they rarely pan out. Over the last 10 years, all of the Leafs 3rd rounders COMBINED have played 41 NHL games and 28 of those were Joseph Woll. 225 for 5th rounders, and 174 of those games were by Dakota Joshua, who doesnt even play for the Leafs anymore.
7 mars à 15 h 46
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Why does Toronto keep giving up draft capital for 3rd pairing D men? I'd rather just keep the draft picks unless we are going to be getting a top 4 RHD.
7 mars à 19 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I cristised Dubas because he was terrible at asset management, overpaying guys, and not getting the correct things. If Leafs ever had a competent starting goalie, they've won 5+ rounds with Dubas. Also the Tavares signing was one of the worst signings in Maple Leaf history, Sorry, but that has to be said.

And then Treliving gave Nylander pretty much the same contract (but a year longer) at the same age Tavares was when they signed him. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
rollie1967 et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 20 h 5
Crazy
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 234
Surprised they got that much tbh
7 mars à 21 h 37
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Edmundson is fine on the 3rd pairing...but how many 3rd pairing left shot dman do you need? with so little capital to work with, I dont see how adding him moves the needle at all. No depth up front, not enough talent on the back end..and the goaltending is below average for a playoff team.
7 mars à 22 h 15
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
I liked Edmundston in St. Louis and in Carolina (they traded Justin Faulk for him because they wanted another defensive defenseman), and he has a couple of good playoff runs under his belt, one ending with a cup. I haven’t seen him play much since the Montreal cup run, but I hear he’s not that good anymore. I hope those reports are wrong, otherwise I’m not sure he’ll be much of an upgrade over whoever he displaces in the lineup. (Benoit?)

With the number of empty shelves in their draft pick cupboard, I question giving up two picks for him, even though one of them is only a 5th. I feel like the 3rd should have been enough, even with 50% retention, but maybe there were multiple bidders. Good return for Washington.
7 mars à 22 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: jr400
I liked Edmundston in St. Louis and in Carolina (they traded Justin Faulk for him because they wanted another defensive defenseman), and he has a couple of good playoff runs under his belt, one ending with a cup. I haven’t seen him play much since the Montreal cup run, but I hear he’s not that good anymore. I hope those reports are wrong, otherwise I’m not sure he’ll be much of an upgrade over whoever he displaces in the lineup. (Benoit?)

With the number of empty shelves in their draft pick cupboard, I question giving up two picks for him, even though one of them is only a 5th. I feel like the 3rd should have been enough, even with 50% retention, but maybe there were multiple bidders. Good return for Washington.

Giving up 2 low picks is nothing if you have your 1st as you can always trade down
7 mars à 23 h 42
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: jr400
And then Treliving gave Nylander pretty much the same contract (but a year longer) at the same age Tavares was when they signed him. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Not going to argue with you. They managed to find a GM who had some good spots for a GM with 0 good spots.
8 mars à 3 h 5
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Why does Toronto keep giving up draft capital for 3rd pairing D men? I'd rather just keep the draft picks unless we are going to be getting a top 4 RHD.

Imagine having Matthews, Marner and Nylander in their prime and you're clinging on to your late 1st RD pick in what is supposed to be a weak draft with your life? Mid-ass GM, mid-ass, unserious franchise.

— NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) March 8, 2024

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage