(PIT/CBJ) - Nylander, 2026 6th (PIT) for Bemström

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

23 févr. à 15 h 29
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
Quoting: edeangel84
I don’t like the condition but it’s easy to not have him score 6 goals… scratch him when he’s close.

LOL, yea that's looks good to other players and their agents, everyone here said the same thing about the Oilers and C. Brown when he went 0 points in his first 9 games; scratch him or waive him to stop the $3 million bonus clause getting activated. The Oilers know that kind of d-bag move would stop other UFAs from signing with them in the future.
23 févr. à 17 h 42
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Nylander and Bemström are pending restricted free agents after the 2023-2024 season.

Nylander is a goal scorer in the AHL. He has not scored often in the NHL to remain with the Buffalo Sabres, Chicago Blackhawks, and Pittsburgh Penguins. The Blue Jackets could extend Nylander on a one-season, two-way bridge contract. If Nylander does well, then he could stay in Columbus beyond the 2024-2025 season. If he does not fare well, then he can be an unrestricted free agent after the 2024-2025 season.

Bemström has potential with the Penguins. I think Bemström's numbers could be higher if the Blue Jackets had better talent and were winning games. Can Bemström produce in goals and assists in the Penguins' system?

The Blue Jackets should have sent a fourth-round or fifth-round pick with Bemström to the Penguins.
23 févr. à 19 h 53
and proud of it
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
What are those conditions tho?
23 févr. à 20 h 10
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,458
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
What are those conditions tho?

If Bemstrom scores six goals for Pittsburgh this season, the 6th turns into a 3rd for 2026.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
23 févr. à 22 h 36
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
LOL, yea that's looks good to other players and their agents, everyone here said the same thing about the Oilers and C. Brown when he went 0 points in his first 9 games; scratch him or waive him to stop the $3 million bonus clause getting activated. The Oilers know that kind of d-bag move would stop other UFAs from signing with them in the future.

Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em

But that’s not remotely the same thing, one involves screwing a guy out of a big bonus and the other involves saving ourselves from losing a 3rd rounder instead of a 6th for a depth player.
23 févr. à 22 h 40
and proud of it
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
Quoting: sensonfire
If Bemstrom scores six goals for Pittsburgh this season, the 6th turns into a 3rd for 2026.

That's crazy
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
24 févr. à 2 h 12
MajorMoose
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602
Quoting: Tonir87
Maybe they didnt had cap space then? I think he was waiwers in November? So his Cap hit would been higher for Pens (Mean almost 100% of 900 000dollar). Or do PIT still need to pay full cap hit (this year) or is cap hit divided on days? I am not fully sure about rule. Second what i think is, that now they roster size stay in 48/50. So if they would taken Bemström from waiwers, they would been able to add only 1 contract more in rest of the season. Now giving Nylander they still stay in 48/50. Contract management can be important in trade deadline if you are buyer. For draft pick, i think they had to pay it, because Bemström potential is bit higher and he can see NHL time in PIT and Nylander wasnt able to see NHL time in PIT.

Sorry if my english is bit hard to read, bit difficult topic to explain with my lvl of english.

Could've been not having roster space at that time
Tonir87 a aimé ceci.
24 févr. à 14 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,359
So last game of season, out of playoffs, Bemstrom at 5 goals…who gets healthy scratched?
25 févr. à 14 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,974
Quoting: NHLfan10506
So last game of season, out of playoffs, Bemstrom at 5 goals…who gets healthy scratched?

Watch them do what Holland did with Brown and his bonus....NOTHING

That guy got a 3.25m bonus just for skating lul
27 févr. à 6 h 14
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,228
I suppose Bemstrom is better than the plethora of never-weres/has beens that PIT has been collecting.

And certainly it finally ends this idea that Leaf fans (and PIT fans) have that Nylander is any good.

I like Bemstrom, always have, hes a nice offensive bottom 6 guy, who is probably a 13th-15th forward on a good team, but can generate a bit of offense. But really its just another PIT shot in dark for another piece of duct tape to cover the fact that the organization lacks talent beyond 9 forwards.

The junk that they've been collecting: Hinostroza, Andrea JOhnsson, Will butcher, ty smith, Nieto, Acciari, Johnstone, Harkins, Pulijarvi, Phillips, Zohorna, Shea, etc.... is mind boogling.

All just duct tape, and while Bemstrom is a step up from most of those, if you told me he would fetch a 3rd rounder (which he most likely does, unless the coach healthy scratches him to stop him), I'd be shocked. SO PIT win, unless he actually scores 6 goals and then its a loss, because expiring bemstrom isnt worth a 3rd.
5 mars à 6 h 48
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
It’s very early but Nylander has 4 goals 2 assists in CBJ, Bemstrom only has 1 goal in Pittsburgh
vmark a aimé ceci.
5 mars à 8 h 46
wheelchair briere
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
Columbus should lock up Nylander to $11.5 million or so...
vmark a aimé ceci.
10 mars à 13 h 7
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Great, another example of Sullivan and his staff misevaluating a player and selling him for cheap... when Bemstrom came over the local media was like "HE'S GOT A GREAT SHOT"..... YEAH GUESS WHO ELSE HAS ONE?!

THE GUY THEY TRADED

I've watched all Nylander's plays with Columbus... I guess Sullivan told him to dump it in every shift instead of SNIPING IT

He immediately looks better than like 6 dudes on our team RIGHT NOW on a technically much WORSE team...
HE HAS MORE GOALS IN COLUMBUS THAN Harkins/Acciari/Nieto have COMBINED FOR ALL SEASON...

how did we not realize this guy needed more minutes and a longer leash to unleash the .50 Cal???

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING..?!
10 mars à 13 h 10
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: vmark
Great, another example of Sullivan and his staff misevaluating a player and selling him for cheap... when Bemstrom came over the local media was like "HE'S GOT A GREAT SHOT"..... YEAH GUESS WHO ELSE HAS ONE?!

THE GUY THEY TRADED

I've watched all Nylander's plays with Columbus... I guess Sullivan told him to dump it in every shift instead of SNIPING IT

He immediately looks better than like 6 dudes on our team RIGHT NOW on a technically much WORSE team...
HE HAS MORE GOALS IN COLUMBUS THAN Harkins/Acciari/Nieto have COMBINED FOR ALL SEASON...

how did we not realize this guy needed more minutes and a longer leash to unleash the .50 Cal???

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING..?!

It's pretty common in the NHL, give a skill guy, offensive roles and teammates and he'll produce. Pittsburgh simply didn't play him right. I mean, just watch Vega's, and Seattle's expansion seasons. Depth players and rejects turned into everyday good NHLers.
vmark a aimé ceci.
10 mars à 15 h 20
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It's pretty common in the NHL, give a skill guy, offensive roles and teammates and he'll produce. Pittsburgh simply didn't play him right. I mean, just watch Vega's, and Seattle's expansion seasons. Depth players and rejects turned into everyday good NHLers.

Yea, Sullivan/staff didn't play him right, just like they haven't been playing POJ right, and how they never gave Smith a chance, and how the PP was terrible this year, and how Granlund scored 1 goal in 20 games here... the list goes on

We are not being led by competent people who make things work... it's Byslma all over again damnit! I thought we already did this plot line in another season!
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 12 h 14
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
So does Pit get a 3rd Rd pick for Nylander scoring 6 goals for the BJ's >?

LOL

Dubas

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage