SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/WPG) - Monahan for 2024 1st (WPG), 2027 3rd (WPG)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

4 févr. à 11 h 22
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,373

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll be shocked if the Habs get a 1st round pick for Sean Monahan.

— JFresh (@JFreshHockey) January 31, 2024

Of course JFraud said this, no wonder so many here are in shambles, they quote this guy's 'numbers' like a Learning Book for Dummies. Imagine quoting Learning Economics for Dummies at a FTC Bureau. That isn't far off from the same energy
habitantlecolon et ColonelX a aimé ceci.
4 févr. à 14 h 10
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Monahan was probably the most rookie move you can do for a team in rebuild.. Timing was **** ! forgot the paper and use your logic... that guy make you miss Bedard Fantilli Carlson and Celebrini chances in 2024.. for Reinbacher , the 1st in 2024 around 6-9 and 2 x late 1st ??? when you already got tone of prospect and over 20 picks in 2024-2025.... dont really care about these 2 free late 1st tbh lol summer 2024 was the time to go get a Monahan... whats done s Done hen ! Confused
5 févr. à 13 h 35
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
from a hockey stand point, this clearly makes the Jets way better. They aren't good in the dot, in fact it's one of their only legit weaknesses and they went and got someone who will help them a bunch there. He might resign. But in general, they needed that help, so if he stays healthy, this was a good move by them. What, they gave up a late first and another pick if they win the Cup?

Nobody in WPG gives a flyin eff about those pieces. They have a legit cupboard of mid 1st round picks coming up. Good to see them actually make an impact trade for once.

They going to resign DeMelo, Dillon, and Monahan?
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
8 févr. à 9 h 24
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Quoting: Sm0k3y
Monahan was probably the most rookie move you can do for a team in rebuild.. Timing was **** ! forgot the paper and use your logic... that guy make you miss Bedard Fantilli Carlson and Celebrini chances in 2024.. for Reinbacher , the 1st in 2024 around 6-9 and 2 x late 1st ??? when you already got tone of prospect and over 20 picks in 2024-2025.... dont really care about these 2 free late 1st tbh lol summer 2024 was the time to go get a Monahan... whats done s Done hen ! Confused

So 25 games and 6 goals qualifies as the reason they missed out on Bedard?! what?
ColonelX a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 13 h 45
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Quoting: Sm0k3y

That gotta be one of the wildest comment i ever saw.

First of all, Montreal finished with the 5th odds, 8-9 pts ahead of 2nd, 3rd and 4th. So you are telling me that Monhan by himself was responsible for these 5 wins? He's got 6 goals and played for a quarter of the season. Moreover, it is odds, and the difference in odds between the fifth (MTL) and the 3rd (CHI, who actually won) was 3%. You are telling me you'd give a first for 3% of increased odds at Bedard?

This year, Mo was a game changer, not gonna lie. But you are crazy if you believe MTL is as bad as ANA, SJS and CHI. I'd say without mo we'd be closer to the 46 pts OTT are having.. which is like.. another 2,5%.

Imagine refusing 2 first for not even 3% increased odds at the lottery.
KSIxSKULLS, Pompadour_de_Armstrong, drambui and 3 others a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 19 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,019
Was a bit surprised on this one but then when I saw the 3rd is conditional its fine
3 mars à 21 h 29
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
I mean, you can’t argue the results
3 mars à 22 h 10
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,275
Quoting: IconicHawk
I mean, you can’t argue the results

Was the best center available
6 mars à 2 h 53
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,373
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Was the best center available

He’s been the perfect player in the bumper for the Jets on the PP. 8 goals in 12 games yet all the detractors kept saying he’d have no role on any PP and his numbers were inflated in Montreal.
95% got this wrong in every way possible
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
6 mars à 5 h 36
WentWughes
Quoting: Andy_Dick
He’s been the perfect player in the bumper for the Jets on the PP. 8 goals in 12 games yet all the detractors kept saying he’d have no role on any PP and his numbers were inflated in Montreal.
95% got this wrong in every way possible

I'm pretty sure I said that's exactly what he would do (in this thread) and was shut down pretty quickly. I've learned that 99% don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
il y a 22 heures
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,001
Yikes... This trade's awful for Winnipeg

Monahan underperformed in the playoffs and the Jets got bounced in 5...

On the bright side, I called this from a mile away
il y a 21 heures
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,776
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Yikes... This trade's awful for Winnipeg

Monahan underperformed in the playoffs and the Jets got bounced in 5...

On the bright side, I called this from a mile away

Kind of hard to blame Monahan when the Jets defense was non-existent and the team allowed 5 goals or more EVERY playoff game (Hard to blame Hellebuyck too since he's also made the most saves of any goalie in the 1st rd so far)...
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
il y a 21 heures
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Kind of hard to blame Monahan when the Jets defense was non-existent and the team allowed 5 goals or more EVERY playoff game (Hard to blame Hellebuyck too since he's also made the most saves of any goalie in the 1st rd so far)...

1A in 5 games as the 2C is brutal... Especially the Jets spending a 1st round pick on him to preform in these playoffs

Helly was also brutal but the Jets
il y a 19 heures
WentWughes

There's a reason I have that guy blocked....
il y a 17 heures
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
There's a reason I have that guy blocked....

So you think 1 assist in 5 games is acceptable for a 1st?!?!?!!?!?!?
il y a 17 heures
Leafs going to Leafs

Just to add, we all agree the Foligno deal was bad for TO, right?

Monahan and Foligno had the same amount of playoff points with Foligno playing 1 less game...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage