SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #3: After Further Review...

18 févr. à 21 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: mokumboi
What on Earth are you two looking at? He was tapping his post. He didn't even know the player was behind him. The player skated toward him. And Binnington immediately went to check on him/apologize for the accident.

The motivated perception around here is surreal.

This is the same league that awards power plays to teams that accidentally clip their own teammates with their own sticks, what are you looking for here?

This is also the same league that penalizes the follow-through of a shot as high sticking. The league has been pretty consistent with the whole "you must be in control of your stick at all times" shtick. Would be a lot easier to see in the replay if those tinted glasses of yours weren't casting everything in a shade of Blues.

Compared to the average working man, the league made Binnington fork over the equivalent of $40. Again, mountain of a molehill.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 21 h 36
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
Quoting: Rolfadinho
I like both Colorado & Dallas plus Florida at their current odds. I agree that Edmonton & Vancouver are overrated, but I would add Boston as well. They always seem to underachieve in the postseason.

Prob the only one not huge on FLO tbh
18 févr. à 21 h 49
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,356
What on Earth are you two looking at? He was tapping his post. He didn't even know the player was behind him. The player skated toward him. And Binnington immediately went to check on him/apologize for the accident.

The motivated perception around here is surreal.

I was born at night, but I wasn’t born last night.
BeterChiarelli et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 22 h 11
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,352
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Would be a lot easier to see in the replay if those tinted glasses of yours weren't casting everything in a shade of Blues.

Oh stop it. It was as incidental as it gets. What a mosquito bite of a hill to die on. But no, I'm the one who's seeing things... glorious. tears of joy

Btw should mods be making personal attacks like this? Seems rather unbefitting, no?
18 févr. à 22 h 17
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
The department of player endangerment (DoPE) needs to be ****ing drug tested. They just hit Binnington with a max fine for "high sticking" Evangelista yesterday.

Uhhh small problem with that story, jacknuts...

Now watch them reduce Rielly's already laughably low suspension. The NHL front office can **** straight off.

There’s no way you’re mad about that lol. It’s a 5000 freaking dollar fine. Literal definition of a nothing burger. Ironic from someone who spends a lot of their time complaining about Toronto fans and media.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 22 h 27
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Oh stop it. It was as incidental as it gets. What a mosquito bite of a hill to die on. But no, I'm the one who's seeing things... glorious. tears of joy

Btw should mods be making personal attacks like this? Seems rather unbefitting, no?

Incidental or not, as Beter points out, the NHL wants you to be responsible for your stick at all times, Binnington clocking Evangelista in the face, however, incidental, goes against having control of your stick at all times
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 févr. à 22 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Modifié 19 févr. à 7 h 10
Binnington for sure was trying to hit him. Not his face. A lot of goalies do this (run interference on grinding forechecker who’s chasing a d with the puck). You can hear skaters. You see them go back there. It’s silly to think binner had no idea there was a dude there. He was being sneaky. He caught him in the face, deserves the fine. He’s not going to stop doing it forever, just will aim lower next time. He caught a penalty too. Binnington isn’t going to stop being binnington.

You don’t have to believe me. The league handled that. They believe he did it on purpose because the alternative is that the opposing player skated into binnington, or it’s just a minor and that’s it. There’s no way they’d fine a player for another player running into them, and they don’t hand out a 5k fine for every high sticking penalty. He stuck his stick out to harass and it was a little too good.

Binnington fought in the AHL, flipped out In the AHL, tried to fight Marc Andre Fluery, has tried to fight position skaters, flipped out numerous times in the NHL. He’s gonna smack a guy when he skates by every now and then. He makes hockey fun and he’s a Stanley cup champion. He’s our cactus.
18 févr. à 22 h 38
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,352
Quoting: Saskleaf
There’s no way you’re mad about that lol. It’s a 5000 freaking dollar fine. Literal definition of a nothing burger. Ironic from someone who spends a lot of their time complaining about Toronto fans and media.

It's a max fine bit of discipline for incidental contact. Presumably because it's Binnington. The amount is not the issue. And everyone, including the two arguing the obvious for some bizarre reason, go on about how the NHL discipline is all over the map and weird and inexplicable.

Somehow, when certain people say it, they're a homer of whatever. Like this isn't weird and inexplicable and not in line with all the other weird stuff they do. We have intentional cross checks and slewfoots getting max fines. The only nothing burger here is the basis for any discipline at all. Unless you think Bunnington has a rear view mirror on his helmet and the no look precision of a ninja, it was completely incidental.

I can't even believe this is in question. Wild.
18 févr. à 23 h 54
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
It's a max fine bit of discipline for incidental contact. Presumably because it's Binnington. The amount is not the issue. And everyone, including the two arguing the obvious for some bizarre reason, go on about how the NHL discipline is all over the map and weird and inexplicable.

Somehow, when certain people say it, they're a homer of whatever. Like this isn't weird and inexplicable and not in line with all the other weird stuff they do. We have intentional cross checks and slewfoots getting max fines. The only nothing burger here is the basis for any discipline at all. Unless you think Bunnington has a rear view mirror on his helmet and the no look precision of a ninja, it was completely incidental.

I can't even believe this is in question. Wild.

Oh please. You really expect me to believe Binnington, a guy with a track record of this sort of thing, didn’t mean to hit him? Sure he obviously didn’t aim specifically at his head or anything since he couldn’t see him but to say Binner didn’t mean to have his stick out is kind of stupid. But like I said, it’s a $5000 fine. Who cares. It might be deserved, maybe not, and it’s definitely not a suspension or anything. But let’s not act like it’s an egregious mistake by the DOPS and the NHL is clearly anti STL
19 févr. à 1 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,959
Didnt get to see it so saw the highlights but wow did Dobson **** up that pass

Had so much time to make a play but just gifted Panarin an amazing goal.
19 févr. à 11 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage