Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 3 - Winter Blues

11 janv. à 21 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,110
Modifié 12 janv. à 2 h 32
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Again, didn't watch 1rst or 2nd but they were all over Isles in 3rd... 3 totals shots is pretty impressive

Can you show me the clip for Gio

They had 9 shots on goal would not call them being all over the Isles. As it was basically 5 more shots. Isles were better for the majority of this game we played 3 mins of good hockey thats really it. U cant win that way

As for Gio

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1745620585348997155

Leafs got their ass hand to them. Like the guys I highlighted above awful and Jones man that better be a one off or were ****ed
11 janv. à 21 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 11 janv. à 22 h 8
So Brad moves when?

As this Dcore is not gonna get it done

Tonight they got murdered

But yea probs one of the worst losses of the season
11 janv. à 23 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
Quoting: aadoyle
So Brad moves when?

reeeeelax.

9pts in the last 10 and after one sloppy game you're ready to bench guys.

Can you imagine if we had a coach that made knee-jerk reactions based on one game?

Healthy scratch a guy if he's failing to live up to requirements or expectations you've given him over 3+ games

Felt like we were getting bullied a bit tonight and couldn't get the puck out of the zone for long stretches. But it's one game in a long season and we still came away with a point.

On to the next.
12 janv. à 0 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 janv. à 0 h 52
Quoting: Juice
reeeeelax.

9pts in the last 10 and after one sloppy game you're ready to bench guys.

Can you imagine if we had a coach that made knee-jerk reactions based on one game?

Healthy scratch a guy if he's failing to live up to requirements or expectations you've given him over 3+ games

Felt like we were getting bullied a bit tonight and couldn't get the puck out of the zone for long stretches. But it's one game in a long season and we still came away with a point.

On to the next.

Keefe's words not mine for benching

Kampf got HS for a misplay that lead to a CBJ goal and Keefe said we need to set an example

Gio led to the tieing goal so yea have to hold standard as it cant just be Kampf and oh u know yea

But would not surprise me as Keefe constantly going back on his word

In general they played bad 0 excuse

Had a 3-1 lead gone, got outplayed and special teams were garbage

There schedule wont have easy opponents and cant be playing like this otherwise yea its gonna get ugly again
12 janv. à 0 h 50
Keefe's words not mine for benching

Kampf got HS for a misplay that lead to a CBJ goal and Keefe said we need to set an example

Gio led to the tieing goal so yea have to hold standard

In general they played bad 0 excuse

They didn't dominate the play the way they had the past 4 games. Islanders...like they usually do, gave the leafs a lot to handle. But they were leading or tied for a large chunk of the game and got scored on twice on the PK.

And Keefe's words were that Kampf is a guy they rely on to be defensively responsible and there were too many mental mistakes occurring. It wasn't - hey, he made one bad giveaway and now he's benched.

You can't have a team of players scared to make a mistake
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 0 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 janv. à 1 h 1
They didn't dominate the play the way they had the past 4 games. Islanders...like they usually do, gave the leafs a lot to handle. But they were leading or tied for a large chunk of the game and got scored on twice on the PK.

And Keefe's words were that Kampf is a guy they rely on to be defensively responsible and there were too many mental mistakes occurring. It wasn't - hey, he made one bad giveaway and now he's benched.

You can't have a team of players scared to make a mistake

Zita's tweet lul

https://twitter.com/josephdzita/status/1745620628785279402

And from Alters article "head coach Sheldon Keefe says there will be "less tolerance" for defensive mistakes,"

So um yea if Gio who lead to goal 3 is not a HS then Keefe's words mean ****. As that mans also been a problem recently and was on for 2 against

As if u dont hold the same standard we get no where and Kampf goes so wait why was I the only one.

Its only fair Gio gets the same thing as if not then once again were doing the walk back on **** we say and Keefe will be 3/3
12 janv. à 1 h 1
Did u not read Zita's tweet lul

And from Alters article "head coach Sheldon Keefe says there will be "less tolerance" for defensive mistakes,"

So um yea if Gio who lead to goal 3 is not a HS then Keefe's words mean ****

As if u dont hold the same standard we get no where. Kampf did the same thing in CBJ game and Keefe HS him

Don't care about that dude's tweet.

Less tolerance for mistakes does not equal zero tolerance for mistakes

If you want to argue that Gio has made multiple mistakes and should sit...fine....but people are quick to get up on their pedestal and try and throw someone's words against them without truly listening to the words being spoken and how they're spoken.

The fanbase is passionate...that's great...I love it...sometimes I just think people are so used to fantasy or video games and they forget there's a human aspect to professional sports.
Leafsfan98 et RipNasty a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 1 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 janv. à 1 h 14
Don't care about that dude's tweet.

Less tolerance for mistakes does not equal zero tolerance for mistakes

If you want to argue that Gio has made multiple mistakes and should sit...fine....but people are quick to get up on their pedestal and try and throw someone's words against them without truly listening to the words being spoken and how they're spoken.

The fanbase is passionate...that's great...I love it...sometimes I just think people are so used to fantasy or video games and they forget there's a human aspect to professional sports.

Rip Kampf 2024 guess we use him as the Guinea pig then walk back on what we say afterword's

Doesnt surprise me as Keefe walking back on his words nothing new. Thought it was Dubas making him do it nope lul

Broke a guys Ironman streak and said we got new standards for defense mistakes

And then we see Gio do a mirror of what Kampf did and was bad defensively on the PK before yea hold him accountable. Oh no thats fine u get a pass..no no no

Thats not how that works lul. If Kampf got a HS for a giveaway that lead to a goal same has to happen to Gio otherwise we go no where

Gio has not been great at times and we saw it tonight on the PK.

If Lagesson or Timmins not in and hes playing then yea Keefe faith meter is below 0. As if we keep walking back on our words for "new standards" where we going?

Anyways this better be a one off performance otherwise gonna be a bad couple of weeks as no more Ana and SJS to bully
12 janv. à 1 h 10
Modifié 12 janv. à 9 h 6
Rip Kampf 2024 guess we use him as the guineapig then walk back on what we say afterwords eh Keefe

Doesnt surprise me

Broke a guys Ironman streak and said we got new standards for defense mistakes

And then we see Gio do a mirror of what Kampf did. Oh thats fine u get a pass

Thats not how that works lul. If Kampf got a HS for a giveaway that lead to a goal same has to happen to Gio otherwise we go no where

End of story

Bro...you're lost on this argument and can't see past your own thoughts here.

Are you in the coaches office with Kampf to know what was said to him? If it was said previously and not corrected? No. Did Keefe say he scratched Kampf for a one-time giveaway? No.

I'm no Keefe supporter...but under no circumstances did Keefe imply that any defensive mistake was going to result in benchings or scratchings. Just didn't happen no matter how much you or Zita want to try and throw it in his face
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 1 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Bro...you're lost on this argument and can't see past your own thoughts here.

Are you in the coaches office with Kampf to know what was said to him? If it was said previously and not corrected? No. Did Keefe say he scratched Kampf for a one-time giveaway? No.

I'm no Keefe supporter...but under no circumstances did Keefe imply that any defensive mistake was going to result in benchings or scratchings. Just didn't happen so matter how much you or Zita want to try and throw it in his face

Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe says there will be "less tolerance" for defensive mistakes, according to David Alter of Sports Illustrated.

Keefe followed that up by announcing that centre David Kämpf would be a healthy scratch for Saturday's game against Carolina as an example of that new focus.

If u need the whole article: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-keefe-to-clamp-down-on-defensive-errors-benches-david-kampf/

So if were going by what he said there Gio's got to be next as Kampf did a giveaway that lead to a CBJ goal that ultimately lead to 6-5 OT loss. Gio using that same standard did the same thing vs. NYI where he gave it to Isles and they tied it 3-3

Again Keefe's words not mine

As if giving away the puck like that does not lead to a healthy scratch to enforce these new standards what will. As a vet like that cant be doing giveaways like that.

Anyways lets see but if Gio gets a pass its basically so I guess no standard then lul
12 janv. à 1 h 18
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe says there will be "less tolerance" for defensive mistakes, according to David Alter of Sports Illustrated.

Keefe followed that up by announcing that centre David Kämpf would be a healthy scratch for Saturday's game against Carolina as an example of that new focus.

So if were going by that focus Gio's next

Again his words not mine. As if Gio gets a pass what we doing

I would love for you to explain to me your interpretation of the words "less tolerance"
12 janv. à 1 h 24
Hakuna Matata
I would love for you to explain to me your interpretation of the words "less tolerance"

U give the puck to the opponent off a lazy play and they score on us that should = a one way trip to the pressbox for anyone.

Cause we saw the play that got Kampf scratched in Carolina. It was his giveaway on the Fantilli tying goal along with in Keefe's words not having a good defensive game

Well using his words and supposed standards

Did Gio not do the same thing?

1. Tying goal off a giveaway by him

2. -2 on the PK and looked out of sorts

Seems like it has all the makings for the same thing to happen

So yea Keefe u claim to have new standards use em
12 janv. à 1 h 26
U give the puck to the opponent like Gio did and they score on us then have fun in the pressbox

Cause we saw the play that got Kampf benched. It was his giveaway on the Fantilli tying goal. And according to Keefe didnt have a good game

Well did Gio not do the same thing?

There we have it

I'll give you a better example.

WIth each of your last responses, I've had less tolerance for your ignorance of the facts

With your last response, I have zero tolerance to continue

Have a good night
12 janv. à 1 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 12 janv. à 2 h 47
Anyways lets hope Keefe stays true to his word with his supposed new defensive standards otherwise yea not good. But then again this is what he does so would not surprise if Kampf scapegoat

Besides even if its a punishment its good for a 40 year old Dman to get rest as we dont want to run him into the ground and for him to suck in playoffs again. As we dont want him doing that in game 6 vs FLA or BOS do we lul

Put Lagesson in and give the 40 year old some rest

Also kind of funny how they 6-2-3 when Matthews scores 2 or more goals if it wasnt for loser points would feel wrong lul
12 janv. à 8 h 3
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,056
They had 9 shots on goal would not call them being all over the Isles. As it was basically 5 more shots. Isles were better for the majority of this game we played 3 mins of good hockey thats really it. U cant win that way

As for Gio

And dont get me started with Willy there be 2 clips of that guy that would make me want to HS him to as he decided not to cover today

Leafs got their ass hand to them. Like the guys I highlighted above awful and Jones man that better be a one off or were ****ed

They had way more chances and 90% of the 3rd was spent in the Islanders' end

That Gio giveaway was tipped though... Not like Kampf give-away and it wasn't a risky play, should Keefe start scratching guys who whiff on passes too?

Jones wasn't very good tn but whatever... Rebound Sat vs Avs and RW as my expectation is to win 2/3 of these games before the road trip
12 janv. à 8 h 53
Rip
Mentions "j'aime": 3,157
Quoting: MatthewsFan
You are not going to get the perfect player but I definitely love his ability to move the puck.

GDl6IHUacAARBNb.jpg

It would be nice to see him paired with a more traditional stay at home D (McCabe)

McCabe isn't a stay at home D. He's often all over the ice.
12 janv. à 8 h 57
Rip

If hes not then Keefe is just once again backtracking on his words

Of course he will. Keefe sucks
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 8 h 58
Rip
Honestly Leafs are lucky to even get a point

They played like **** for 57 mins of this game.

A 3 min stretch of good hockey was all I saw

Nylander, Brodie, Domi, Liligren, Giordano awful

Heck Jones dont get off free either as those giveaways in the third were awful

Guess whatever magic they had in Cali is gone

The numbers certainly don't agree with your assessment. They were the better team at even strength but sucks on the special teams.
12 janv. à 9 h 0
Rip
So Brad moves when?

You never fail to overreact to a loss
Juice a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 10 h 1
Leafs going to Leafs
TBH, I get all the Marner talk, but the four priorities the Leafs should get done before the start of next year are, in order;

1. Matthew Knies 8 year extension
2. Defence upgrade in FA
3. JT low AAV extension
4. Joseph Woll mid term extension
Saskleaf et oneX a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 10 h 39
TBH, I get all the Marner talk, but the four priorities the Leafs should get done before the start of next year are, in order;

2. Defence upgrade in FA
3. JT low AAV extension

It's a good list.

I can't imagine what the ask would be from Knies' agent on an 8yr deal. The kid has been very impressive though
Saskleaf et oneX a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 11 h 9
Leafs going to Leafs
It's a good list.

I can't imagine what the ask would be from Knies' agent on an 8yr deal. The kid has been very impressive though

And? Leafs have the power in negotiations rn... Use it... Get it from 4.5 to 5.5 on an 8 year deal
oneX a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 12 h 13
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,760
It's a good list.

It's a good list.

I'd give him the Batherson deal.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et oneX a aimé ceci.
12 janv. à 12 h 24
And? Leafs have the power in negotiations rn... Use it... Get it from 4.5 to 5.5 on an 8 year deal

Doesn't mean you can force him to take 8yrs
12 janv. à 12 h 43
Rip

2. Defence upgrade in FA
3. JT low AAV extension

You have to get Marner signed before the season starts. Last thing Treliving needs is to see him go off on his contract year for 130 points.

Knies to 8 years is either incredibly risky or a pipe dream. You are either giving him more than he deserves right now hoping he becomes what you are paying him for, or you give him 2-3 year bridge and then 8 after.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage