Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2023 2024 Offseason Discussion - Draft Day And Free Agency

30 août 2023 à 18 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Modifié 30 août 2023 à 18 h 30
Quoting: leafs101
he's been great, but still - not Makar. And we have no Toews.

We will honestly never know as playoff Rielly may have put up similar offensive numbers to Makar if our team didnt falter out of the second round thats how scary good he was. Game 5 especially if NHL wasnt lazy with its pucks may have got them the game winner.

As sure Makar had 8 goals and 21 assists in 20 games. Rielly had 4 goals (should be 5) and 8 assists in 11 games and honestly if we could have continued the FLA series he may have been the reason for a comeback.

Meanwhile for Toews sure we dont got him but we got Brodie who posted the second-best xGA per minute impact by RAPM of the analytics era and if McCabe gets a full training camp and finds his game like he did in Buffalo we got something. Also factor in Liligren who if he gets his act together like we saw before TDL apply the same.
30 août 2023 à 22 h 29
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,814
Quoting: Juice
I'm not going to read too much into the Keefe re-upping.

2yrs basically prevents him from being dead-man walking. Takes away a built-in excuse for the players if it's a slow start.

But 2yrs isn't a huge vote of confidence and can't imagine MLSE would hesitate to fire him if a better candidate (ahem, Quenville) suddenly becomes available and the record isn't where they want it.

On coach Q...I also doubt the league would green-light his return unless it's to a smaller market, maybe.

It's only money to MLSE. Bell and Rogers will just raise our telecom services. Gee how much money did they waste when they terminated Ferguson Jr, Ron Wilson Burke and Nonis.....oh and Babcock. Gee, paying 27.5m for Horton NOT to pay, as a cap move.
Juice a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 23 h 6
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,658
Quoting: palhal
It's only money to MLSE. Bell and Rogers will just raise our telecom services. Gee how much money did they waste when they terminated Ferguson Jr, Ron Wilson Burke and Nonis.....oh and Babcock. Gee, paying 27.5m for Horton NOT to pay, as a cap move.

MLSE doesnt have a president right now, and word is rogers is directly meddling and are (as usual for rogers) being needlessly cheap
oneX a aimé ceci.
31 août 2023 à 1 h 37
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,636
Quoting: Random2152
MLSE doesnt have a president right now, and word is rogers is directly meddling and are (as usual for rogers) being needlessly cheap

I would like to see Bell or Bell+another party buyout Rogers out of MLSE simply because all the stupidity that comes out from the Rogers side of ownership.

I'm not even against Rogers getting a hockey team of it's own in Toronto and managing it like they manage the Jays...just leave the Leafs alone.
Random2152 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
31 août 2023 à 1 h 53
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: oneX
I would like to see Bell or Bell+another party buyout Rogers out of MLSE simply because all the stupidity that comes out from the Rogers side of ownership.

I'm not even against Rogers getting a hockey team of it's own in Toronto and managing it like they manage the Jays...just leave the Leafs alone.

If the Leafs don't run a half billion dollar budget (or more) every year its an organizational failure
oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 16 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Honestly I feel it was good Leafs signed Bertuzzi to a 1 year deal rn over a long term deal

As if he does well we can extend him at the TDL no harm no foul. If he struggles dont got to pay to move him
1 sept. 2023 à 22 h 54
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,814
Quoting: Random2152
If the Leafs don't run a half billion dollar budget (or more) every year its an organizational failure

????? If the Leafs spent half a billion, the money would be going to the executives
Leafs are still limited to just 83.5m on NHL players. Now they have to pay travel, medical, Marlies, arena, coaches, GMs, scouting administration, pensions, money to the NHL. But anything over that is kinda wasteful. I imagine the Leafs spend as much as any team in the NHL.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 23 h 48
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: palhal
????? If the Leafs spent half a billion, the money would be going to the executives
Leafs are still limited to just 83.5m on NHL players. Now they have to pay travel, medical, Marlies, arena, coaches, GMs, scouting administration, pensions, money to the NHL. But anything over that is kinda wasteful. I imagine the Leafs spend as much as any team in the NHL.

Thankfully in this modern age, there are plenty of things to spend money on that can help the product one way or another.

And if we aren't spending it, with ownership pockets this deep, it's organizational failure
6 sept. 2023 à 11 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,085
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I actually quite like the Benoit signing. Now give me Noah Gregor

Thank you Treliving
6 sept. 2023 à 11 h 39
McMann Season
Mentions "j'aime": 967
Thank you Treliving

I haven’t seen Gregor play, what’s he like?
6 sept. 2023 à 12 h 43
Hakuna Matata
https://www.fearthefin.com/noah-gregor-2023-player-review/

Kind of would have preferred Heinen on a PTO

As at least we would be potentially adding another 2-way forward over a 1 way all offense guy lul
6 sept. 2023 à 14 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: CameronSquires
I haven’t seen Gregor play, what’s he like?

Speed is the name of the game. He's shown flashes of really being something. I think he could have a Michael Bunting like breakout in the right situation (that's not to say he *is* Michael Bunting though. Very different styles)
CameronSquires a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 14 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
https://twitter.com/CraigSMorgan/status/1699483347494560141?s=19

Gimme
6 sept. 2023 à 14 h 47
McMann Season
Mentions "j'aime": 967
Speed is the name of the game. He's shown flashes of really being something. I think he could have a Michael Bunting like breakout in the right situation (that's not to say he *is* Michael Bunting though. Very different styles)

Do you think leafs will sign him even in their current situation?
6 sept. 2023 à 15 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: CameronSquires
Do you think leafs will sign him even in their current situation?

Not sure, but I hope they do
6 sept. 2023 à 16 h 10
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Not sure, but I hope they do

Would you want to see him get time in the lineup over someone like McMann, Abruzzese or even Steeves?
GM_SZK a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 17 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Would you want to see him get time in the lineup over someone like McMann, Abruzzese or even Steeves?

For me no as when you read what SJS fans are saying about him he just seems like what we want McMann to be only worse defensively.

As rn the issue with the lineup other than Kampf, Jarnkrok, Marner, and Lafferty we dont got many defensive forwards. I would include Matthews if he PK'd and sure Knies did in NCAA but dont overwork the kid lul

But yea at least all 3 of those guys have done it in some capacity

Now if the Leafs PTO'D Heinen that would have made more sense to me as we saw 2 seasons ago that guy can play well and if you moved Jarnkrok bam there's the replacement

Either way seems like an odd choice
Trickster a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 17 h 41
Puckhead
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 339

Not McMann but the other two? I don't think either is close to Gregor...Gregor has NHL games, goals, HITS even...never can have too much depth especially around the end of camp when the Leafs will probably lose or have to get rid of some guys due to cap constraints?
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 17 h 44
Puckhead
Modifié 6 sept. 2023 à 18 h 2
...speaking of any one solve the Leaf cap issue yet or have ideas besides a blockbuster?

My vote is just dump Jarnkrok, I checked out Nashville and they have no guys on the depth chart that had 20 goals last year...surely they could get a 2cd out of them?

In less games Gregor had 10 goals to Jarnkrok's 20 and way more hits...AND he did not play on the Leafs top 6 most of the year...he has done the same as Jarnkrok in the playoffs...nothing...
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 18 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: GM_SZK
...speaking of any one solve the Leaf cap issue yet or have ideas besides a blockbuster?

My vote is just dump Jarnkrok, I checked out Nashville and they have no guys on the depth chart that had 20 goals last year...surely they could get a 2cd out of them?

In less games Gregor had 10 goals to Jarnkrok's 20 and way more hits...AND he did not play on the Leafs top 6 most of the year...he has done the same as Jarnkrok in the playoffs...nothing...

I agree. I really like Jarnkrok, but his 2.1m is a clear spot on the roster that can be replaced. He was literally invisible when he was pulled away from Matthews. Now that we have quality contributors to play along side Matthews in Bertuzzi / Knies, I see no discernable spot on the roster for Jarnkrok. I don't want to trade the guy for peanuts, but if we had to clear cap, I think his makes sense
GM_SZK et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 18 h 11
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Modifié 6 sept. 2023 à 18 h 37
Not McMann but the other two? I don't think either is close to Gregor...Gregor has NHL games, goals, HITS even...never can have too much depth especially around the end of camp when the Leafs will probably lose or have to get rid of some guys due to cap constraints?

He is 25 and has played 178 NHL games. I'd say at this point you pretty much have a tweener. I'd rather see what we have in our depth before giving out ice-time to other teams castaways but that's' me.

And just for the record of those 10 goals (6 of them came in the final 10 games)

Edit:

Just to add to this:

Steeves will be 24 this year with 123 games of AHL experience
Abruzzese is 24 with 69 AHL games and 11 NHL games

Call me crazy but I'd rather know what we have in our own players before taking on other teams tweeners. How many more games does Steeves/Abruzzese need before other fans want to see them get a chance.
Trickster, aadoyle, GM_SZK and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 18 h 51
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,757
Quoting: aadoyle
For me no as when you read what SJS fans are saying about him he just seems like what we want McMann to be only worse defensively.

As rn the issue with the lineup other than Kampf, Jarnkrok, Marner, and Lafferty we dont got many defensive forwards. I would include Matthews if he PK'd and sure Knies did in NCAA but dont overwork the kid lul

But yea at least all 3 of those guys have done it in some capacity

Now if the Leafs PTO'D Heinen that would have made more sense to me as we saw 2 seasons ago that guy can play well and if you moved Jarnkrok bam there's the replacement

Either way seems like an odd choice

I would have also liked Heinen.
I want to see what we have a few of our guys though.

I'm talking about McMann, Steeves and Abruzzese.

No secret but rather bury Reaves and see at least one of them get a shot.

Reaves is not contributor on contender in my eyes.

I also do not support trading away Jarnkrok, he will have chance to exceed expectations this year with the mix.

Move Lafferty and/or Timmins first, period.
palhal et oneX a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 18 h 57
Puckhead
He is 25 and has played 178 NHL games. I'd say at this point you pretty much have a tweener. I'd rather see what we have in our depth before giving out ice-time to other teams castaways but that's' me.

And just for the record of those 10 goals (6 of them came in the final 10 games)

Edit:

Just to add to this:

Steeves will be 24 this year with 123 games of AHL experience
Abruzzese is 24 with 69 AHL games and 11 NHL games

Call me crazy but I'd rather know what we have in our own players before taking on other teams tweeners. How many more games does Steeves/Abruzzese need before other fans want to see them get a chance.

San Jose is a mess, I wonder if he even wanted to be there?

I really don't see a spot in anyone's top 13 forwards for Abruzzese or Stevees...they were great college players and are good AHLers and my guess is they could go to Europe and be top guys...but NHL...not right now for sure...and not ever I think...hope I am wrong, they seem like good guys and hard workers...just not skilled enough for a top 6 and not rough/tough enough for a bottom six...imo

Gonna be a fun camp to watch!
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 19 h 3
Puckhead
Quoting: Trickster
I would have also liked Heinen.
I want to see what we have a few of our guys though.

I'm talking about McMann, Steeves and Abruzzese.

No secret but rather bury Reaves and see at least one of them get a shot.

Reaves is not contributor on contender in my eyes.

I also do not support trading away Jarnkrok, he will have chance to exceed expectations this year with the mix.

Move Lafferty and/or Timmins first, period.

Reaves contributes if he is in the press box for 82+(16 to 28) games...period...

On the ice even if he plays 50 games and throws 150 hits thats more than Steeves or Abruzzese can do now...you don't want a kid as a 13th forward...or 12th more likely as Keefe likes that 11/7 scheme...the first time Reaves sticks up for one of the Leafs Sissy4...I mean Core4...you and others may change change there minds...maybe
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2023 à 19 h 48
Just Keep Swimming
Reaves contributes if he is in the press box for 82+(16 to 28) games...period...

On the ice even if he plays 50 games and throws 150 hits thats more than Steeves or Abruzzese can do now...you don't want a kid as a 13th forward...or 12th more likely as Keefe likes that 11/7 scheme...the first time Reaves sticks up for one of the Leafs Sissy4...I mean Core4...you and others may change change there minds...maybe

It's time to take your meds, Gramps

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage