Forums/Armchair-GM

Jackets trade up

Créé par: Jacketsman61
Équipe: 2023-24 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 13 juin 2023
Publié: 14 juin 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Hefty price to move up one spot but…Fantilli to me is worth it. If the Jackets try to move Laine to C, this could be the move that happens. I like Carlsson but the ability to have Fantilli down the middle now out weighs his potential.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Fantilli, Adam
3925 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
CBJ
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Boqvist, Adam
  2. Roslovic, Jack
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (CBJ)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de WPG
Logo de CBJ
Logo de BOS
Logo de ANA
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de NYI
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de VGK
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2483 500 000 $73 714 166 $0 $4 550 000 $9 785 834 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
AG, C
RFA - 1
Fantilli, Adam
925 000 $925 000 $
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
975 000 $975 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 8
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
RFA - 2
2 333 333 $2 333 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
DD
RFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 juin 2023 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,949
The Ducks laugh you off the phone

ANA needs Fantilli more than any team in the league, they arent trading the pick

If they were this offer is laughable, even one spot would take a kings ransom
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 9 h 26
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,055
Quoting: Salzy

ANA needs Fantilli more than any team in the league, they arent trading the pick

Is Fantilli really that much better than Carlsson?
14 juin 2023 à 9 h 30
Quoting: jonh514
Is Fantilli really that much better than Carlsson?

Maybe not, but Fantilli is the exact type of player Verbeek covets and the Ducks have been desperate for
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 9 h 32
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,055
Maybe not, but Fantilli is the exact type of player Verbeek covets and the Ducks have been desperate for

A Center with size? So is Carlsson...
14 juin 2023 à 9 h 59
Quoting: jonh514
A Center with size? So is Carlsson...

thats a pretty vague description of either player...

Fantilli plays a more "powerful" game and is the best skater in the draft (yes even better than Bedard in that aspect)

Carlsson is obviously an amazing prospect, but there is uncertainty around him being a centre at the NHL level, he may be further along defensively but the Ducks have the best defensive prospect pool in the league and Fantilli has better offensive tools imo

Theres no wrong choice between the two, but given their strengths and play styles, Fantilli is a better fit to me for ANA

"Centre with size" is a pretty poor descriptor of these two
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 10 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 564

Let's be realistic here. The Ducks might not want to move the pick, but to say this is a laughable offer is completely false. This is a great offer if they want to move back a spot. If they don't, then obviously no offer is worth it, but let's keep rational and civil discourse.
14 juin 2023 à 10 h 17
Quoting: newballcoach
Let's be realistic here. The Ducks might not want to move the pick, but to say this is a laughable offer is completely false. This is a great offer if they want to move back a spot. If they don't, then obviously no offer is worth it, but let's keep rational and civil discourse.

a #4 Dman best case and a 3rd line C is great? Laughable may have been an exaggeration but saying its great is the exact same
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 10 h 24
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,748
a #4 Dman best case and a 3rd line C is great? Laughable may have been an exaggeration but saying its great is the exact same

I don't think there's much here that entices the Ducks to take it, but...

Theres no wrong choice between the two, but given their strengths and play styles, Fantilli is a better fit to me for ANA

...you're also making it sound like Fantilli and Carlsson is about even, so I'm curious what the price would be?

I'd rather have Fantilli too, but if they're as close as a lot of scouts say they are, it would be unreasonable for the Jackets to trade, say, Johnson and their first to move up one spot. In that case, a good puck-moving 2RD/4th D-man who's 22 might be a good starting point (even if we swap out Roslovic for a different piece or pick).
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 10 h 35
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,872
thats a pretty vague description of either player...

Fantilli plays a more "powerful" game and is the best skater in the draft (yes even better than Bedard in that aspect)

Carlsson is obviously an amazing prospect, but there is uncertainty around him being a centre at the NHL level, he may be further along defensively but the Ducks have the best defensive prospect pool in the league and Fantilli has better offensive tools imo

"Centre with size" is a pretty poor descriptor of these two

Carlsson was the youngest center to ever play for Sweden at the WC. There’s no doubt he’s a center
pocke a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 10 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 888

Boqvist is a very good player and could be even better. The Ducks need D. I know they have some prospects but their prospects are just that, prospects. Boqvist is a proven player that if he can stay healthy could be a big time point producer on the back end. To also get Roslovic who can be re-signed and anchor the rebuild is also big. To move back one spot and still get a C that probably has one of the highest ceilings in the draft is a pretty good offer. Anaheim is not close to contention and is about 3 or so years away from doing so. They have time to develop and don’t need the immediate impact player. In fact one could argue getting Fantilli could hurt the rebuild more.
14 juin 2023 à 11 h 4
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
I don't think there's much here that entices the Ducks to take it, but...

...you're also making it sound like Fantilli and Carlsson is about even, so I'm curious what the price would be?

I'd rather have Fantilli too, but if they're as close as a lot of scouts say they are, it would be unreasonable for the Jackets to trade, say, Johnson and their first to move up one spot. In that case, a good puck-moving 2RD/4th D-man who's 22 might be a good starting point (even if we swap out Roslovic for a different piece or pick).

Yeah saying laughable was an overexaggerating on my part, isnt the first time and wont be the last haha, I stand by saying it isnt great, I dont think its enough for the Ducks to not just stick and take ther guy. (we could have traded down for McTavish and didnt, I just dont see it)

Playstyles is the biggest difference between the two, and Fantilli is more what ANA needs, and seems to be more of a "Verbeek Guy" I do think Fantilli is clearly ahead of Carlsson, but I do see the argument saying Carlsson>Fantilli, im just on the Fantilli>Carlsson side

Oh 100% the Jackets have no reason to trade up, even at the above cost it doesnt make sense, stick and take whoever is there at 3. I just think theres no reason for ANA to trade down unless they get something ridiculous, even just to slide back to 3.
CaseyFlyman et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 11 h 9
Quoting: Jacketsman61
Boqvist is a very good player and could be even better. The Ducks need D. I know they have some prospects but their prospects are just that, prospects. Boqvist is a proven player that if he can stay healthy could be a big time point producer on the back end. To also get Roslovic who can be re-signed and anchor the rebuild is also big. To move back one spot and still get a C that probably has one of the highest ceilings in the draft is a pretty good offer. Anaheim is not close to contention and is about 3 or so years away from doing so. They have time to develop and don’t need the immediate impact player. In fact one could argue getting Fantilli could hurt the rebuild more.

"Proven player that if he can just stay healthy" So that would mean he isnt proven... Availability is the best ability and thats the one he's shown the least

If Roslovic is an anchor for a rebuild, whoever the team is thats using him for that is going to be stuck in purgatory for years and years, Roslovic is a 3C on a good team ANA has no need for more mid six forwards.

You've completely lost me lmao " In fact one could argue getting Fantilli could hurt the rebuild more." How does that even begin to make sense?

I guess Bedard hurts the Hawks then since they're clearly much further behind than the Ducks.

No clue how getting a player that would be 1st OA in almost any other draft would even begin to hurt any rebuild regardless of what stage its at, thats just counter-intuitive
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 407
No sense in trading up to me, imo.

Carlsson has proven performance in his D-1 and DY. Fantilli has a monster DY. Both are insane prospects and I would have a really hard time choosing between them at #2. Instead, I rest easy knowing I don't have to make the decision and get the same value.

I generally agree with you, but do want to point out that Boqvist is a unique case. He's a 22 year old PP1 QB who is a big-volume creator in the offensive zone. He's a flawed player and I don't know that he meshes with the Duck's puck-moving style (especially with Drysdale, Zellweger, many of the other young Ducks D already in the system), so I'm not trying to belabor the point that this is an offer you have to take or anything. If he doesn't improve at all, you can envision him as a sheltered 3rd-pairing, but PP1, player on a Stanley Cup winner.

I also don't know that Anaheim has the left half-wall one-time threat that makes Boqvist a perfect fit for the powerplay. Boqvist's shot threat and passing-vision are perfect for playing next to a Laine-type. Anaheim has a lot of lefty talent for the PP already.
14 juin 2023 à 13 h 38
Indy
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Modifié 14 juin 2023 à 13 h 44
Quoting: pocke

I also don't know that Anaheim has the left half-wall one-time threat that makes Boqvist a perfect fit for the powerplay. Boqvist's shot threat and passing-vision are perfect for playing next to a Laine-type. Anaheim has a lot of lefty talent for the PP already.

They don't really. Their true need is a LW Playmaker this year but that's an easy fix by moving Zegras over and getting a center. Its not copium because I been on the fantilli train all year but I been seeing serious discussion that Carlsson might be the better option to offset some of Zegras' weaknesses by Carlsson being better at Fantilli with puck possession and defensive soundness. At the end of the day though Duck's will choose Fantilli as Zegras at his best when is more of a facilitator playmaker that can occasionally pull off a trick shot and needs that board work that fantilli can bring but also how Fantilli can drive to the net.

Honestly Carlsson is the ideal player for the Blue Jackets at the end of the day too which is why I hope all that Smith stuff is Portzline being his usual self just stirring up **** because it amuses him. They really need a sound hockey IQ/defensive player who can drive through the neutral zone if the first line is going to be JG-Carlsson-Marchenko the next few years with Carlsson being driver through the zone and JG/Carlsson trying to set up Marchenko/Z and having Jiricek at the back of the line to protect the rush on a turnover but also delivering a long range artillery blow.
pocke a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 13 h 53
not a he )
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,379
Quoting: Indy
They don't really. Their true need is a LW Playmaker this year but that's an easy fix by moving Zegras over and getting a center. Its not copium because I been on the fantilli train all year but I been seeing serious discussion that Carlsson might be the better option to offset some of Zegras' weaknesses by Carlsson being better at Fantilli with puck possession and defensive soundness. At the end of the day though Duck's will choose Fantilli as Zegras at his best when is more of a facilitator playmaker that can occasionally pull off a trick shot and needs that board work that fantilli can bring but also how Fantilli can drive to the net.

Honestly Carlsson is the ideal player for the Blue Jackets at the end of the day too which is why I hope all that Smith stuff is Portzline being his usual self just stirring up **** because it amuses him. They really need a sound hockey IQ/defensive player who can drive through the neutral zone if the first line is going to be JG-Carlsson-Marchenko the next few years with Carlsson being driver through the zone and JG/Carlsson trying to set up Marchenko/Z and having Jiricek at the back of the line to protect the rush on a turnover but also delivering a long range artillery blow.

I've been having this conversation on the Ducks hfboard off and on. Neither team will regret their choice, but the style fits are pretty obvious for each player. Fantilli just fits so perfectly with what Verbeek is building, and so does Carlsson fit with what Jarmo is assembling.

Also, FWIW, in today's Athletic mock draft, Portzline did the Jackets entry and has them picking Carlsson.
pocke et Indy a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2023 à 14 h 3
Quoting: Indy
They don't really. Their true need is a LW this year but that's an easy fix by moving Zegras over and getting a center. Its not copium because I been on the fantilli train all year but I been seeing serious discussion that Carlsson might be the better option to offset some of Zegras' weaknesses by Carlsson being better at Fantilli with puck possession and defensive soundness. At the end of the day though Duck's will choose Fantilli as Zegras at his best when is more of a facilitator playmaker that can occasionally pull off a trick shot and needs that board work that fantilli can bring but also how Fantilli can drive to the net.

Smith doesn't make any sense to me. I can't see a world where a scout sees something more valuable to the Blue Jackets in Smith's game than Carlsson's.

I can see Anaheim liking Carlsson partly because there's some weird smoke about Fantilli wanting to stay closer to home. He seems like he could be a big family kid especially after reading Wheeler's write-up. Feels like copium as well but you don't normally hear that kind of stuff.

Fantilli also gets bonus points for going to Michigan. Narauto is very good at developing players. Fantilli also works in the offseason with him, which is the same group as Werenski, Kyle Connor, JT Compher. Considering the layers that Werenski has added to his game since his rookie year, I think I'd be incredibly confident in projecting him to close to his ceiling.

Either way I'm hard chilling at 3 and picking either Carlsson or Fantilli.
14 juin 2023 à 14 h 3
Quoting: squashmaple
I've been having this conversation on the Ducks hfboard off and on. Neither team will regret their choice, but the style fits are pretty obvious for each player. Fantilli just fits so perfectly with what Verbeek is building, and so does Carlsson fit with what Jarmo is assembling.

Also, FWIW, in today's Athletic mock draft, Portzline did the Jackets entry and has them picking Carlsson.

Sweet relief
Indy et squashmaple a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage