Forums/Armchair-GM

Injuries laid my team low so this offseason magic wand make my Jackets Grow

Créé par: Indy
Équipe: 2023-24 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 16 avr. 2023
Publié: 16 avr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Jarmo is going to want to focus on this summer on getting more experienced veterans to prove to ownership that he doesn't want to be the youngest team in the league anymore and transition out of a rebuild. He will spend a fair amount of draft capital to do so to signal that he ready to take the next step.

-Spite the change in front office Flyers will still want to trade off Hayes as they want to start a rebuild instead of a buyout. Blue Jackets need a more consistent player in the center to hold down until (Carlsson) is ready to play in 2/3 years time. Blue Jackets will ask for some retention as they need to make defensive moves to sure up their Blue Line and help them pay for Marchenko/KJ/Chinahov/Sillinger's bridge deals next year that could eat up to 10 mil off the cap for 24-25 season.

Jarmo will want to focus on the 2 glaring weaknesses of the team: Blue Line and Goaltending. While in this team I do not expect all of these transactions to happen but for fun I am going to say they all will!

-Jarmo has already signaled that the 1st overall from the kings will be for a top4 D. Most would expect a LHD (and probably will be) but in this team I am going to use it for Murphy. Murphy doesn't want to deal with a rebuild in Chicago and will wave to "come home" to Ohio and along side Gudbranson be an experience veteran helping our up and coming Dmen like Jiricek, Cuelmans, Mateychuck and Svoliz arrive. Ideally this combined 8 mil will be used one day for their bridge deals for whoever of these D candidates make the league.

-Jarmo is going to use the money originally allocated for Gavrikov and try to overpay Graves to come here. We need 3 or so years for Mateychuck to be fully developed and not rushed/ruined like we have in the past. With this payment we don't need to worry about rushing him to the league. Hopefully this will seem like an overpayment for the rest of the league and he will come here to get "paid"

-Zadorov is a band-aid for 1 year as a Bean-Gudbranson combo was one of the worst in the league at a point this year. Zadorov will be a Bean rental so we don't need to rush Svoliz into the league until injuries start to happen. Also between Zadorov/Gudbranson hopefully these two big boys will help clear anyone who is parking near the crease on D-Zone faceoffs that plagued this team during the year.

-Bean is sent to Ducks to help with their current defensive situation which is probably worse than ours. I put 3rd here but I would take a 4th Ducks fans. Hopefully this bandaid will help your team out as Bean isn't THAT BAD but I personally don't like the current Bean-Gudbranson pairing.

-Goaltending is also a major concern for the team. I am going to sell "high" on Boqvist as I seen from Buffalo fans they would like to have an offensive oriented RHD. Buffalo has a major issue with their Goalie situation so we are going to do a hockey trade to help them out. I couldn't decide which one to put in this but seems like there's a major love/hate relationship with UPL there so we are going to take him off their hands. We are going to have Tarasov stay down in the AHL and see if Elvis is ready to go and UPL to back up. If either get's hurt Tarasov comes up. As all 3 have to clear waivers (well Elvis technically does but nobody is going to take it) this is a major risk but we are in a situation where SOMETHING needs to happen here. This is by far are most pressing issue to deal with this summer to figure out and there is no magic bullet.

You will notice "WHY NO JIRICEK (or Sillinger?)". Well I want them to start in the AHL and then come up to be permanent fixtures on this team once the injuries start to happen because they always do. Sillinger is probably going to end up as a 2/3C and McKown is playing strong. If Sillinger gets his game back this would allow much needed flexibility in the team positioning allowing Jenner to go back to LW if back issues are starting to become a concern again. Voronkov starts the fall in AHL similar to Marchenko and probably would be the 3/4th callup (I can see TFW coming up as #3).

If Jiricek is ready to go by the time the TDL comes around Peeke will be dealt to permanently make room for him. Robinson will be either dealt this summer or by TDL. Texier, if he comes back, will probably be dealt or given a bridge deal if he truly wants to commits to this team. The idea is to have a strong team for now but trade off aging contracts to pay for the kids as the cap is expected to rise in the next year or two to further help get our boys their bridge deals!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2925 000 $
2925 000 $
2775 000 $
2775 000 $
2775 000 $
2900 000 $
11 525 000 $
2950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
46 000 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (MIN)
CBJ
  1. Hayes, Kevin (2 500 000 $ retained)
PHI
  1. Bemström, Emil
  2. Roslovic, Jack
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (CBJ)
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (CBJ)
CHI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
CBJ
  1. Luukkonen, Ukko-Pekka
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (BUF)
BUF
  1. Boqvist, Adam
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (WPG)
CGY
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CBJ)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (CGY)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de BUF
Logo de MIN
Logo de BOS
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de VGK
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $73 621 429 $0 $2 950 000 $9 878 571 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
1 071 429 $1 071 429 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
AG, C
RFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
C
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
975 000 $975 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
837 500 $837 500 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Flames de Calgary
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
950 000 $950 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 36
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,750
Modifié 16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 46
Peeke is the CLB D man we need, Bean probably turns out to be a fine player, but we need RHD, and the one open spot we have on Left needs to be a veteran defensive D for Drysdale.

Your assessment is detailed and well reasoned, I hope there are more ACGM's like this on the site. I think UPL could become a good NHL backup in the right setting, and CBJ seems to collect a lot of Finnish players. I wonder if they will take a swing at Pulljujarvi next season and see if Juolevi is worth giving a prove it contract to and see if the WJC magic still exists.
Indy et Friendly_Cannon a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 39
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,371
Overpay for Murphy, yikes.
Indy, Friendly_Cannon, squashmaple and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Peeke is the CLB D man we need, Bean probably turns out to be a fine player, but we need RHD, and the one open spot we have on Left needs to be a veteran defensive D for Drysdale.

Noted
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: mokumboi

Probably and thinking the same thing too but I just wanted to see what others thought to confirm it. I hate seeing other's undersell the value of experienced players so I probably went too far the other way on this one.
Friendly_Cannon a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 50
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 730
actually like this idea for sabres
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,913
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Your assessment is detailed and well reasoned, I hope there are more ACGM's like this on the site. I think UPL could become a good NHL backup in the right setting, and CBJ seems to collect a lot of Finnish players. I wonder if they will take a swing at Pulljujarvi next season and see if Juolevi is worth giving a prove it contract to and see if the WJC magic still exists.

🫡
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: GeneralLandro
🫡

I'll note that for the future. I am not ready to "sell" on Peeke as we need an RHD until Jiricek is ready to "arrive" to this team for good. He's almost there but he's still quite young.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,122
This feels kinda light for boqvist? i dont watch him much admittedly but it feels like he's a candidate for a bounce back season.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 3
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,750
Quoting: Indy
I'll note that for the future. I am not ready to "sell" on Peeke as we need an RHD until Jiricek is ready to "arrive" to this team for good. He's almost there but he's still quite young.

Understandable. Our needs are also for a 1st pairing RHD to play with Fowler, as such we probably take a swing at a free agent this season. Peeke would probably be playing above his head in the situation. If Murphy wants out of Chicago, he would be on our radar as well.
GeneralLandro a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: Stadel
This feels kinda light for boqvist? i dont watch him much admittedly but it feels like he's a candidate for a bounce back season.

He is but he’s played very sheltered here in Columbus. There’s nothing wrong with him and probably like my Murphy trade respected the other side too much. I hate seeing post like “take our garabage for your best prospects ” trades
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 13
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,259
This is well thought out and I like alot of the moves, but the graves signing isn’t necessary. With the zadorov trade plus mateychuk, svozil in the ranks. I would believe we wouldn’t need that long term contract on the books. Just stop gaps to bridge us to the future.

My last issue is with, as you addressed, the sillinger absence. (Jiricek is fine, hasn’t shown squat, which is fine. Keep him where he’s comfortable until he’s ready).
McKown is a cool story but atm he’s meh. He’s played great for us in his first few games but I don’t hold stock in last games. I’d love to be proven wrong but just don’t see it next year. Especially if we are tying to compete.
Overall very good. Just a tad over ambitions with additions and new young players.
Indy a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: The_Cannon
This is well thought out and I like alot of the moves, but the graves signing isn’t necessary. With the zadorov trade plus mateychuk, svozil in the ranks. I would believe we wouldn’t need that long term contract on the books. Just stop gaps to bridge us to the future.

My last issue is with, as you addressed, the sillinger absence. (Jiricek is fine, hasn’t shown squat, which is fine. Keep him where he’s comfortable until he’s ready).
McKown is a cool story but atm he’s meh. He’s played great for us in his first few games but I don’t hold stock in last games. I’d love to be proven wrong but just don’t see it next year. Especially if we are tying to compete.
Overall very good. Just a tad over ambitions with additions and new young players.

Intended. I originally wanted to do a 6x2/3 but I thought if that moved happened IRL it wouldn't happen similar to most teams only wanting to give Gudbranson 4x3 yet we threw the extra year. Like I said in my description I did not expect everything to happen but also I wanted to bait out to see opinions on how a team like this would be. The idea is getting back to the playoffs soon and I wanted to see if someone would say "This team is still ****" or "looks promising". Really the problem with ACGM is you can't really "barter" between the offers and seems like I went too far the other way trying to appease the other side as I hate "TAKE OUR GARBAGE FOR BOONE" posts from certain Canadian teams.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 25
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,239
CBJ are not playoff contenders, Sens, Pens, Caps and Sabres make it before them.

Which is why Bettman needs to try the 80 game regular season, best of 3 playoff qualifier for teams 7v10, 8v9 so that 20 teams make the playoffs.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
CBJ are not playoff contenders, Sens, Pens, Caps and Sabres make it before them.

Which is why Bettman needs to try the 80 game regular season, best of 3 playoff qualifier for teams 7v10, 8v9 so that 20 teams make the playoffs.

They will NEVER remove games. Owners want that MONEY!!!!!!!!! Though pre-season games can be cut in half as they hardly don't make gate.
GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 35
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,259
Intended. I originally wanted to do a 6x2/3 but I thought if that moved happened IRL it wouldn't happen similar to most teams only wanting to give Gudbranson 4x3 yet we threw the extra year. Like I said in my description I did not expect everything to happen but also I wanted to bait out to see opinions on how a team like this would be. The idea is getting back to the playoffs soon and I wanted to see if someone would say "This team is still ****" or "looks promising". Really the problem with ACGM is you can't really "barter" between the offers and seems like I went too far the other way trying to appease the other side as I hate "TAKE OUR GARBAGE FOR BOONE" posts from certain Canadian teams.

That makes sense. with that taken into consideration.
Lol I live for the Boone trades. They give me serotonin.

Really well done. I’ll miss boqvist and or peeke when we definitely move one of them this off-season but my money is on peeke.
Indy a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 38
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,239
They will NEVER remove games. Owners want that MONEY!!!!!!!!! Though pre-season games can be cut in half as they hardly don't make gate.

If the option was every team loses 1 home game but the chances to make the playoffs increase by 4 more teams... Owners may say yes, so many bubble teams would kill to at least get 1 playoff home gate profit.
Indy a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: The_Cannon
That makes sense. with that taken into consideration.
Lol I live for the Boone trades. They give me serotonin.

Really well done. I’ll miss boqvist and or peeke when we definitely move one of them this off-season but my money is on peeke.

Which is why I went with Boqvist first in this situation. Buffalo is going to badly want to reinforce their team to FINALLY get them in the playoffs. I know Buffalo fans really want a bit more pop, especially from their defense, and I know they have an asset management mess with their goalies so I thought it be the ideal moment for a hockey trade.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 43
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,122
He is but he’s played very sheltered here in Columbus. There’s nothing wrong with him and probably like my Murphy trade respected the other side too much. I hate seeing post like “take our garabage for your best prospects ” trades

Yeah I get that for sure. I respect a well thought out acgm. As a buf fan, im starved of those, so I have to look elsewhere lol. Its possible being a righty and former top-ish prospect that boqvist's reputation pushes his value beyond what he should be worth. In that case, I get why Jarmo would want to cash in.

All I'd say is, his shooting talent intrigues me, and I'd like to see what that looks like in an unsheltered role. Because the problem with sheltering someone is you're also not giving them much opportunity to grow. Its difficult cause CBJ want to make the playoffs asap, but I think its a decent high risk/reward play to give him some rope to see what happens. If nothing else, the increased point total would make him a good trade piece. RHD from SWE will always carry trade value.
Indy a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 48
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,847
Flames might be interested in Bean + Boqvist for Kylington + Vladar

Big-Z says he wants to be a Flame for life but if you could make CGY an offer they can’t refuse, you might be able to reunite the Twin Towers in Zadorov & Gudbranson again
Indy a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Modifié 16 avr. 2023 à 21 h 12
Quoting: KingofRnR
Flames might be interested in Bean + Boqvist for Kylington + Vladar

Big-Z says he wants to be a Flame for life but if you could make CGY an offer they can’t refuse, you might be able to reunite the Twin Towers in Zadorov & Gudbranson again

The idea with Calgary in this trade is y'all have some tough decisions to make here soon but still trying to be competitive as you locked down a fair amount of contracts after JG leaving but not much space to work with. I am just further picking on Calgary to see if we can't "help" make of those decisions easier for you...plus I am a fan of Zadorov . I think he's criminally underrated.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,610
Quoting: mokumboi

lol. A late 1st for a solid top 4 defensive minded defenseman with term on an affordable contract? Yeah... Such an overpay.
16 avr. 2023 à 21 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: Garak
lol. A late 1st for a solid top 4 defensive minded defenseman with term on an affordable contract? Yeah... Such an overpay.

Originally I wanted to give you our 2nd pick (which is 34) but I felt like your GM would counter with the first. Now I think Kings are going to beat the oilers (much to both us and oilers fans dissatisfaction because I live for team chaos). 10 spots basically but like in most of my trades I went with the ones more favorable towards the other side to prevent the "trade for our garbage posts". If I did it again I probably would do the CBJ 2nd and try to find an LHD for the kings 1st as Jarmo is dead set on trading off that pick but Murphy is on my radar for this team for the reasons you listed above because I feel like this team needs another veteran along side Gudbranson to help facilitate a young D squad coming up to the show.
Garak a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 21 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,610
Originally I wanted to give you our 2nd pick (which is 34) but I felt like your GM would counter with the first. Now I think Kings are going to beat the oilers (much to both us and oilers fans dissatisfaction because I live for team chaos). 10 spots basically but like in most of my trades I went with the ones more favorable towards the other side to prevent the "trade for our garbage posts". If I did it again I probably would do the CBJ 2nd and try to find an LHD for the kings 1st as Jarmo is dead set on trading off that pick but Murphy is on my radar for this team for the reasons you listed above because I feel like this team needs another veteran along side Gudbranson to help facilitate a young D squad coming up to the show.

Well, as long as the package is equivalent to that late LA 1st, CHI would probably accept. So, the 2nd and a prospect or young roster forward would probably get it done. Not really sure who CBJ has that CHI would be interested in though.
Indy a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 12
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,847
The idea with Calgary in this trade is y'all have some tough decisions to make here soon but still trying to be competitive as you locked down a fair amount of contracts after JG leaving but not much space to work with. I am just further picking on Calgary to see if we can't "help" make of those decisions easier for you...plus I am a fan of Zadorov . I think he's criminally underrated.

We don’t need as much help as you might think

We currently are over the Cap by approximately $2mil with a Full 23 Man Roster, but if we Trade Vladar’s $2.2mil, bring up Wolf @ $813k and play a 22 Man Roster we’re fine

We could also Trade Kylington’s $2.5mil and bring up Poirier or Dube’s $2.3mil and bring up Zary, Jones or Petterssen, we could even Trade Toffoli’s $4.25mil, Tanev’s $4.5mil and Hanifin’s $4.95mil if need be. Heck, if Backlund at $5.35mil or Lindholm at $4.85mil want to move on from CGY, they can easily be moved as well, so some would be tough decisions for sure, but we have several options available to us, check it out:

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/693917
Indy a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Indy
Quoting: KingofRnR
We don’t need as much help as you might think

We currently are over the Cap by approximately $2mil with a Full 23 Man Roster, but if we Trade Vladar’s $2.2mil, bring up Wolf $813k and play a 22 Man Roster we’re fine

We could also Trade Kylington’s $2.5mil and bring up Poirier or Dube’s $2.3mil and bring up Zary, Jones or Petterssen, we could even Trade Toffoli’s $4.25mil, Tanev’s $4.5mil and Hanifin’s $4.95mil if need be. Heck, if Backlund at $5.35mil or Lindholm at $4.85mil want to move on from CGY, they can easily be moved as well, so some would be tough decisions for sure, but we have several options available to us, check it out:

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/693917

Nice job on walking the tight rope. I figured you would try to move heaven and earth to try to keep Lindholm but in the end there's going to be some version of Sophie's choice to be made there and I am sure you're aware that if CBJ doesn't land their 1C candidate this draft year you're going to see some offers from CBJ fans wanting not only Johnny to wear the union blue.
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage