SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #1: Beg for Bedard

7 juin 2023 à 22 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,952
Quoting: capsfan2121
I wonder if Gav will go to the khl after his contract ends. Maybe that’s why he wanted a short term deal.

Nah hes banking on himself and waiting for the cap to go up

Despite what his advisors told him hes probs thinking instead of 6mill x 5 years I can get more down the road
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 23
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Quoting: aadoyle
Whats he supposed to say yea I asked to be traded out of WPG come on

Players will say one thing than do another. Remember what happened in Columbus.

Wanted out but then extended then played like **** then asked to be traded again

When he resigned, there was probably a chance he could still fix his relationship with the team but then yeah we all know how that story played out
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 25
Hakuna Matata

I have a feeling I know what could happen. Were gonna see WPG do something similar to what MTL did at the draft

First they will trade PLD to MTL

Then they will trade Hellybyuck to Carolina

After the dust settles they will use some of the new assets they got and go get Hart to be the replacement.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: IconicHawk
When he resigned, there was probably a chance he could still fix his relationship with the team but then yeah we all know how that story played out

Chevy really ****ed up this trade from the start

Laine had no desire to go but got bullied out and now look what happened. PLD 3 years later 0 interest in staying

RIP

Watch the returns gonna be FLA 1st + Dvorak and maybe Beck for a sign and trade PLD. Talk about lost value lul
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 33
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Does the habs need pld

No. They have a great 2C in Suzuki already.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 34
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
I wonder if Gav will go to the khl after his contract ends. Maybe that’s why he wanted a short term deal.

Or he is anticipating a large salary cap jump when his contract ends
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 35
Tintin over 1122
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: Juiceman
Or he is anticipating a large salary cap jump when his contract ends

Just read that.

That could backfire so fast
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 36
Tintin over 1122
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166

Plus they have Dach.
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 10
Hakuna Matata

Plus they have Dach.

Dach played mostly on Suzuki's wing

The plan most likely is if they get PLD to go

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Hoffman-PLD-Anderson
Pinard-Evans-Gurianov
Armia-Pitlick-Gallagher
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 14
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
A “how to” in not getting your RFA’s to stay

A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan

That tweet both made me laugh and facepalm

I could easily see a team like Carolina call about him heck maybe even SEA and NJ. Like unless ANA wants to fast track the rebuild I dont see many bottom feeders going hey gimmie
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 42
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Noted playoff team Ottawa Senators. You'd expect their RFAs to be willing to buy into the plan after their recent runs of unparalleled success, but I guess DeBrincat is just selfish 🤷‍♂️

On a serious note, there's nothing more pathetic than messaging that crap to players. People really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. I can't even count how many Leafs fans wanted Sandin's head for him taking so long to sign only for it to come out that his mom was diagnosed with cancer. These guys aren't our saviors, they aren't just the guys on TV, they're actual people. Stay classy "DJ Out Season", stay classy
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 50
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The thing is I’m not sure Winnipeg will get the return they want, MTL has no incentive to acquire PLD now when they could get him for free in FA, all the other 30 NHL teams won’t pay too much for a rental they assume will leave after 1 year. Winnipeg might have to settle for meh as a PLD return

I still don’t get this narrative of “PLD is going to Montreal no matter what so Montreal can get him basically for free in a trade”. What’s to stop another team from trading for PLD, PLD liking it in his new home and resigning long term? Sure Montreal seems like the front runner for Dubois but they aren’t getting him for Dvorak and the 31st overall pick just because he supposedly won’t go anywhere else (which is mostly speculation).
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
I still don’t get this narrative of “PLD is going to Montreal no matter what so Montreal can get him basically for free in a trade”. What’s to stop another team from trading for PLD, PLD liking it in his new home and resigning long term? Sure Montreal seems like the front runner for Dubois but they aren’t getting him for Dvorak and the 31st overall pick just because he supposedly won’t go anywhere else (which is mostly speculation).

Think of it like Fox refusing to sign with CGY and CAR to go to the Rangers (wanted to go since day 1) except instead of the College out Clause PLD just holding his team hostage. As lets be real if he wanted to stay in WPG why a 1 year deal. Why not a 5-8 year deal. This guy basically ****ed them over now as with that out MTL can basically go

Heres the 31 OA pick from FLA + Dvorak whose struggling + Beck who would be the only good thing in that package for a 24 year old 2c who can give u 70 points
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 55
Go leafs go
Think of it like Fox and the Rangers except instead of the College out Clause PLD just holding his team hostage

Two things on that: one, correct me if I’m wrong, is it not largely speculation that he will refuse to play anywhere but Montreal? And two, Fox got 2 seconds in return, which is a big haul for the expiring rights to a college player.
8 juin 2023 à 1 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Two things on that: one, correct me if I’m wrong, is it not largely speculation that he will refuse to play anywhere but Montreal? And two, Fox got 2 seconds in return, which is a big haul for the expiring rights to a college player.

Its an nice haul for a guys rights but got to admit Carolina would much rather have Fox

In this case its a bit different as basically WPG can ask for a big package but MTL can go why should we hes gonna come one way or another how about this

I got a feeling its gonna be something like FLA 1st + Dvorak and Beck

As its pretty evident PLD wants to go to MTL. He was at the draft for a reason. He may say one thing but why be there come on. You thought MTL was gonna trade for Dach then flip him for u

But hey now u can potentially be teammates

Now within a year things may have changed but for now the signs are pointing to him wanting MTL.

zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 1 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Honestly after the PLD trade request came about this vid popped out

And man the guys aint wrong were in a new era in the NHL

Now they use Pete (dont know why would have used Dubois) but yea I got a feeling we gonna see more and more of this
8 juin 2023 à 6 h 37
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271

Laine had no desire to go but got bullied out and now look what happened. PLD 3 years later 0 interest in staying

RIP

Watch the returns gonna be FLA 1st + Dvorak and maybe Beck for a sign and trade PLD. Talk about lost value lul

If Montreal Trades that for a guy who
- Doesn't want to resign in Winnipeg
- Coming to Montreal in 1 year

I will be pissed. Should be at maximum a 2nd + B Prospect.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 6 h 40
WentWughes

He has to sign a contract with a new team. He's an UFA next year. He already requested to be traded off 2 teams. It's known league wide he wants to go to Montreal which means at best you're getting him for 1 year (if he'll even sign). It was reported he won't resign with Winnipeg meaning they either trade him for what they can get or he doesn't play this year and he's gone next year for nothing.
8 juin 2023 à 6 h 42
WentWughes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it was NYR or nothing for Fox, he wanted to sign with them, but I'm assuming he would sign with other teams, unlike PLD
8 juin 2023 à 7 h 36
Bedard23
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476

RIP

The trade has looked like a giant L for both teams
8 juin 2023 à 9 h 24
Go leafs go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He has to sign a contract with a new team. He's an UFA next year. He already requested to be traded off 2 teams. It's known league wide he wants to go to Montreal which means at best you're getting him for 1 year (if he'll even sign). It was reported he won't resign with Winnipeg meaning they either trade him for what they can get or he doesn't play this year and he's gone next year for nothing.

Ok, yes I know there have been a lot of reports. Is it anything beyond speculation? Has PLD ever said he wants to go to Montreal? Because the only things I’ve seen him say are he never requested a trade.

Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it was NYR or nothing for Fox, he wanted to sign with them, but I'm assuming he would sign with other teams, unlike PLD

No I’m pretty sure it was New York or nothing (though perhaps that included the isles I don’t know).
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 9 h 25
Go leafs go
Its an nice haul for a guys rights but got to admit Carolina would much rather have Fox

In this case its a bit different as basically WPG can ask for a big package but MTL can go why should we hes gonna come one way or another how about this

I got a feeling its gonna be something like FLA 1st + Dvorak and Beck

As its pretty evident PLD wants to go to MTL. He was at the draft for a reason. He may say one thing but why be there come on. You thought MTL was gonna trade for Dach then flip him for u

But hey now u can potentially be teammates

Now within a year things may have changed but for now the signs are pointing to him wanting MTL.

I will believe it when I see it
8 juin 2023 à 9 h 50
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
I will believe it when I see it

Dubois will never openly say “I only want to go to Montreal”, however, that has been confirmed by so many different sources that I would expect Winnipeg is severely handcuffed
Saskleaf et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 10 h 29
Go leafs go
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Dubois will never openly say “I only want to go to Montreal”, however, that has been confirmed by so many different sources that I would expect Winnipeg is severely handcuffed

I agree signs seem to be pointing towards him ending up in Montreal, but I just don’t think Montreal is getting him for pennies on the dollar like most people think. Like I’ve seen people suggest Dvorak and 31 for PLD, I just don’t see that is all I’m saying.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage