(TOR/CHI) - 1st, 2nd, Anderson, Gogolev for McCabe, Lafferty, 5th, 5th

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: McSorley
This will age well when Matthews, Nylander, and Marner are gone and Toronto is a bottom 5 team again.

Don't worry, if Matthews leaves, they'll just get McDavid when he becomes a UFA
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 39
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: dgibb10
Amirov has brain cancer.
Robertson is made of glass
Knies is a strong prospect
Niemela and Hirvonen are meh at best
Minten is young, could develop, but likely nothing special

As an aside from the little reports out there I'm somewhat hopeful we'll be able to say amirov HAD brain cancer instead of has soon... Poor guy
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 40
Nitpick those articles all you want. They literally RANKED them.

And both Wheeler (who didn't think niemela was worth mentioning at all in his best prospects list) and Pronnman ranked Shakir better. SIgnificantly.

All that about Niemela and they still say his CEILING is a high end 3rd pair, low end 2nd pair.

Interesting on niemela, I've been higher on him entering this year but essentially haven't heard much this year. Who gave him that outlook? Is that a wheeler quote?
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 41
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,124
Quoting: BCAPP
As an aside from the little reports out there I'm somewhat hopeful we'll be able to say amirov HAD brain cancer instead of has soon... Poor guy

Tragic story and I feel bad but I highly doubt he ever plays NHL hockey after something like that. Hopefully I'm wrong
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 42
I Love J Boqvist
Interesting on niemela, I've been higher on him entering this year but essentially haven't heard much this year. Who gave him that outlook? Is that a wheeler quote?

Yeah, per wheeler "He projects as a No. 4-5 at his ceiling and a No. 6-7 at his floor."
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 44
Quoting: MadLin27
They also have a lot of guys right on the cusp.

Holmberg, Mcmann, Steeves, Abruzzese, SDA.

Leafs are in great shape. I know that is upsetting to you.

I'm a huge Leafs fan. It's quite possible none of those guys ever play over 100 NHL games. It's quite probable none of them are more than okay 3rd liners on a good day.

McMann looked good at times, but we have to remember he's almost 27. The amount of nhlers that have done anything notable with under 10 NHL games played at his age is quite slim...

I like Steeves but even I admit every organization has guys like Steeves and abruzzese. They're those NHL tweeners

I've been impressed by Holmberg, but I think we need to recognize his NHL upside is likely engvall...

SDA has a tiny chance to being an offensive nhler but likely will be like abruzzese and Steeves.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 45
Yeah, per wheeler "He projects as a No. 4-5 at his ceiling and a No. 6-7 at his floor."

Gotcha. Dang. I was pretty hopeful a couple years back when he was dominating the world Juniors. But the lack of progress this year was not a great sign.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 46
I Love J Boqvist
Gotcha. Dang. I was pretty hopeful a couple years back when he was dominating the world Juniors. But the lack of progress this year was not a great sign.

He has not been great this year fs, arguably taken a step backwards rather than forwards
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 46
Tragic story and I feel bad but I highly doubt he ever plays NHL hockey after something like that. Hopefully I'm wrong

I'll be glad if he's healthy. Poor kid. It sounds like the Leafs are helping with his care which makes me happy. If he has a significant hockey career (let alone NHL) and is healthy that's all bonus
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 59
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
I'm a huge Leafs fan. It's quite possible none of those guys ever play over 100 NHL games. It's quite probable none of them are more than okay 3rd liners on a good day.

McMann looked good at times, but we have to remember he's almost 27. The amount of nhlers that have done anything notable with under 10 NHL games played at his age is quite slim...

I like Steeves but even I admit every organization has guys like Steeves and abruzzese. They're those NHL tweeners

I've been impressed by Holmberg, but I think we need to recognize his NHL upside is likely engvall...

SDA has a tiny chance to being an offensive nhler but likely will be like abruzzese and Steeves.

If you read the context of the original argument, it was that the Leafs "have a terrible prospect pool".

My point was... No they don't. They actually have a pretty good prospect pool.
Anyone can point at a B level prospect and say they aren't going to make it...

Between Knies, Niemela, Hirvonen, Minten, Robertson, Grebyonkin, Amirov, Kral, Steeves, Mcmann, Holmberg, SDA, Voit, Abruzzese, etc.... the Leafs have a good crop.
Not saying its a top system, but way deeper than most contending teams, especially in our division.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 23 h 20
Quoting: MadLin27
If you read the context of the original argument, it was that the Leafs "have a terrible prospect pool".

My point was... No they don't. They actually have a pretty good prospect pool.
Anyone can point at a B level prospect and say they aren't going to make it...

Between Knies, Niemela, Hirvonen, Minten, Robertson, Grebyonkin, Amirov, Kral, Steeves, Mcmann, Holmberg, SDA, Voit, Abruzzese, etc.... the Leafs have a good crop.
Not saying its a top system, but way deeper than most contending teams, especially in our division.

I think most rankings I've seen out them around high teens low 20s which is probably fair. It's not great it's not terrible. Low end of average.
28 févr. 2023 à 8 h 13
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
I think most rankings I've seen out them around high teens low 20s which is probably fair. It's not great it's not terrible. Low end of average.

Who would have thought that making the playoffs every year, trading 1st round picks to help make a run and drafting late would leave you with less "superstar" prospects.

Crazy concept.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 8 h 36
Quoting: Ritzy
Who would have thought that making the playoffs every year, trading 1st round picks to help make a run and drafting late would leave you with less "superstar" prospects.

Crazy concept.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or trying to say I'm dumb. I obviously agree.

I think we have trade a moderate amount of futures and have actually drafted quite well for our spots (all of sandin (graduated), niemela, knies, moldenhauser, Robertson, are trending quite well for their draft position)
28 févr. 2023 à 10 h 41
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or trying to say I'm dumb. I obviously agree.

I think we have trade a moderate amount of futures and have actually drafted quite well for our spots (all of sandin (graduated), niemela, knies, moldenhauser, Robertson, are trending quite well for their draft position)

Not saying you're dumb at all.

Just saying there's a reason why TOR's prospect pool wouldn't rank high in comparison to others. Very similar to other contending teams.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 11 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: AK50
However, next GM is screwed. Leafs only have 1 1st(2024) and no 2nds for the next 3 years.

A lot of teams are clearing out all their high draft picks these days. When looked at in isolation, most of these trades make sense, until you turn around and realize the cupboard is bare. The cumulative effect of trading all your draft picks doesn’t seem like a sustainable way to run a team. It’ll be interesting to see what these teams do to restock when the time comes. They could sign UFAs, but you’re not likely to find many bargains on that market. Will there be bidding wars for undrafted players? Will they try to trade roster players for draft picks? Will they take on cap dumps in return for picks or prospects? I guess they have a few options. I’m curious to see how well they’ll work.
1 mars 2023 à 22 h 56
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,686
Is McCabe and Lafferty better than the Leafs they replaced? I dunno.
1 mars 2023 à 22 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,952
Quoting: palhal

Its been 1 game relax lul

Teams got new guys need to mesh it takes time
1 mars 2023 à 23 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: aadoyle
Its been 1 game relax lul

Teams got new guys need to mesh it takes time

I know but is McCabe an improvement over Sandin? Gee, the Leafs are carrying 9 NHL Dmen, I like depth but geez how do nine guys mesh?
1 mars 2023 à 23 h 3
Hakuna Matata
I know but is McCabe an improvement over Sandin? Gee, the Leafs are carrying 9 NHL Dmen, I like depth but geez how do nine guys mesh?

One game is not enough time to judge hes on a new team with a new partner in a new system

Takes time to adjust

Sandin grew up in the system, McCabe was with CHI and BUF 2 different teams with Diff systems. He will adjust
1 mars 2023 à 23 h 21

You mean Engvall and Sandin? I think they should be once they get settled. I haven't seen either of them play much, but it sounds like they play more of a playoff style, which is what the Leafs wanted most. I remember thinking Lafferty was annoying when he was with Chicago, so that's probably a good thing.
1 mars 2023 à 23 h 32
Gee, the Leafs are carrying 9 NHL Dmen, I like depth but geez how do nine guys mesh?

I suspect Timmins will spend the rest of the season in the press box now that they have Gustafsson. That still leaves one too many but they say Dubas isn't done dealing. One defenseman out and one more forward in would be about right, though I'd feel better if they got some goalie insurance. I'm disappointed they didn't get Korpisalo, but LA needed him more.
1 mars 2023 à 23 h 38
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: jr400
I suspect Timmins will spend the rest of the season in the press box now that they have Gustafsson. That still leaves one too many but they say Dubas isn't done dealing. One defenseman out and one more forward in would be about right, though I'd feel better if they got some goalie insurance. I'm disappointed they didn't get Korpisalo, but LA needed him more.

Certainly the Leafs could go with 9 Dman, but as you suggest more likely eight. They can't waiver any Dmen, but they do have three forwards with the Marlies they could bring in case of injury Holmberg, Steeves, and McCann who all three can be go back with forth if cap allows.
1 mars 2023 à 23 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: jr400

Leafs dont need a goalie

Sammy is a monster at home 17-2-1

Murray a road warrior 8-3-1

Then u got Wall whose peaking in
3 mars 2023 à 18 h 29
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,451
Modifié 6 avr. 2023 à 17 h 4
Neither Anderson nor Gogolev have any trade value.

Lafferty is worth about a 4th round pick.

With that, a 5th + a 4th + a 3rd at best is worth a late 2nd, more or less.

When you narrow it down, it's a Top 10 protected 1st round pick in 2025 for McCabe + 50% retention.

Chicago is retaining on McCabe until 2025 ...

However ...

The only two players on the Leafs signed thru 2025 are Morgan Rielly and Calle Jarnkrok.

We could be looking at a completely different Leafs team then.

This could go either way.

Fair deal.
5 avr. 2023 à 17 h 19
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948

McCabe, 1000000% yes. Lafferty, yes, but not by much
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage