MTL
  1. Coghlan, Dylan
  2. Nikishin, Alexander [Liste de réserve]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
CAR
  1. Kuzmenko, Andrei
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Kuzmenko is extended for 4 years, $5M AAV.
VAN
  1. Drury, Jack
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de NYR
Logo de CAR
Logo de VAN
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $81 145 250 $112 500 $1 850 000 $1 354 750 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 8
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 16
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,506
Quoting: DarcyTucker
His age would put him in the 2019 draft class, so it's still impressive. Many NHLers are NHLers because their team lacked talent and it allowed them to see NHL ice. Think Jacob Middleton who was looking like a career AHLer and probably never would have been called up if not for the Sharks blueline. 5 goals, 12 points, positive goal differential on that bad team isn't worthy of a "career 7th D" label. Thats macdermid or borowiecki. I disagree with the value above whatsoever

I'd add to that Jaycob Megna, who's looking like the new Marc Methot next to a rejuvenated Erik Karlsson. Any team could have had him around three times over this past decade, yet he's shaping up to be a coveted deadline target. People think that those surprise NHLers are necessarily bad players because they wouldn't play on better teams, but sometimes it's just good players who haven't been given the opportunity and look like diamonds in the rough.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 17
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,719
Its a easy pass from MTL.

Best case scenario is the 1st round pick becomes as good of a player as Arber is but without the extra elements Arber brings A likely 28-32 pick isnt even a guaranteed NHLer.

Even if he doesnt progress much he still is already a NHL dman with a NHL calibre shot and heavyweight skills. He has a long future in the NHL
Mental_yuppi a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 17
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Black61
He is the 6th youngest dmen to be a nhl regular this year. The average draft position of everyone younger than him is 9th overall.

I never realized that. It's actually crazy.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,078
Quoting: Hockyluv21
The thing is that there is going to be a one year gap between when Skjei goes to UFA and when Nikishin is ready for the NHL. How do you bridge that? Either through a trade like this or a one year UFA stopgap. The question is what options are going to be available that offseason and which one is willing to sign for only one year (especially one that can give comparable production)?

You can play Pesce on his offside and run Morrow (Pesce played his offside in 2018-19 for most of the year and is capable to do it). You could play Chatfield, Coghlan in the top 4. Give a kid a shot. They could always explore the trade market if it doesn't go to plan, but I still don't think moving Nikishin is a good idea, and I don't think Arber is the right target. He's a fun, ideal 7th D man. He's not got the kind of tools to become a genuine top 4 guy.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 21
Quoting: SevenLeg
I never realized that. It's actually crazy.

This is why the doubters look so stupid.

Everyone younger them him is projected to be a franchise dmen. Several of the guys OLDER than him are projected to be franchise/top pairing guys. Yet he is apparently the ONLY ONE who has no growth in his game. Its garbage that reeks of jealousy.
SevenLeg, drambui et Mental_yuppi a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 24
Hop on the Slaftrain

Everyone younger them him is projected to be a franchise dmen. Several of the guys OLDER than him are projected to be franchise/top pairing guys. Yet he is apparently the ONLY ONE who has no growth in his game. Its garbage that reeks of jealousy.

I disagree that it's a hard pass though. Nikishin isn't just a random throw-in. He's legit but remains a question mark due to his contract status in the KHL. I'd want Montréal to hold onto Xhekaj as long as it's reasonable to do so, but if something above is proposed they have to take it IMO. I'm looking at the Predators who could have had a haul for Jeannot last year and is now looking like a one-year wonder.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,003

The fact that Montreal has a crappy defense and he is playing early because of it has nothing to do with that it. Montreal is welcome to keep him as the OP package is a gross overpay.
turtlemountain a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 31
I disagree that it's a hard pass though. Nikishin isn't just a random throw-in. He's legit but remains a question mark due to his contract status in the KHL. I'd want Montréal to hold onto Xhekaj as long as it's reasonable to do so, but if something above is proposed they have to take it IMO. I'm looking at the Predators who could have had a haul for Jeannot last year and is now looking like a one-year wonder.

jeannot is 25 years old not 21. He was in the ECHL a couple years ago. That is way more of a potential one hit wonder than where Arber is now.

The habs have the deepest prospect pool in the NHL. They will have likely 3-4 picks in the first 40 this upcoming draft. They dont need multiple pieces that add up to Arber. The only way you trade Arber is for a garunteed better player which this deal does not offer.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,018

Those defensemen younger than him in the NHL also comes with a higher pedigree though. It’s great that Xhekaj has gotten an opportunity to play in the NHL and make a name for himself. But you gotta be realistic: he’s unlikely to have as high of a ceiling as those guys who were high end picks.

Xhekaj today is a low impact bottom pairing guy who is fun to watch. He might continue to progress to play higher impact minutes in the NHL. But Montreal fans seem all too eager to pencil this guy in as a bona fide top pairing NHL defenseman. That’s just not the likely outcome of his development. No sour grapes here.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 39
Hop on the Slaftrain
jeannot is 25 years old not 21. He was in the ECHL a couple years ago. That is way more of a potential one hit wonder than where Arber is now.

The habs have the deepest prospect pool in the NHL. They will have likely 3-4 picks in the first 40 this upcoming draft. They dont need multiple pieces that add up to Arber. The only way you trade Arber is for a garunteed better player which this deal does not offer.

Agree to disagree then, because I think that between the 1st and Nikishin, the odds to end up with a better defenseman are high enough to take it.

hs3kJVS.jpg
Tintin a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 41
Hurricane Waddell
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,608
KK has as many points as Matthews over the last 5 games, clearly he’s just as good as AM now. Discussion over. #FunWithMath

No, just Kotkaniemi as long as Carolina fans live in delusion.
31 déc. 2022 à 13 h 49
Agree to disagree then, because I think that between the 1st and Nikishin, the odds to end up with a better defenseman are high enough to take it.

hs3kJVS.jpg

Hes 75th on that list but Arber is already 18th in goals and 60th in points among dmen IN THE NHL.

They are both 2001 born players and Arber is already producing at the NHL level.
31 déc. 2022 à 14 h 1
Quoting: turtlemountain
Those defensemen younger than him in the NHL also comes with a higher pedigree though. It’s great that Xhekaj has gotten an opportunity to play in the NHL and make a name for himself. But you gotta be realistic: he’s unlikely to have as high of a ceiling as those guys who were high end picks.

Xhekaj today is a low impact bottom pairing guy who is fun to watch. He might continue to progress to play higher impact minutes in the NHL. But Montreal fans seem all too eager to pencil this guy in as a bona fide top pairing NHL defenseman. That’s just not the likely outcome of his development. No sour grapes here.

You know there is a middleground between top pair and bottom pair? Commonly referred to as the 2nd pair. By even the most conservtive projections a player where Arber is now ends up as a 2nd pair guy. Add in his enforcing skills and that is a major asset.

Just because a player went undrafted doesnt mean years later they are still beholden to that valuation. Aho is worth way more than KK but KK was the top 3 pick.

His biggest barrier in 2019 to being a NHLer was his skating. He now skates at an above average level for a NHLer (especially a dman). That changed his projection.
31 déc. 2022 à 14 h 6
You know there is a middleground between top pair and bottom pair? Commonly referred to as the 2nd pair. By even the most conservtive projections a player where Arber is now ends up as a 2nd pair guy. Add in his enforcing skills and that is a major asset.

Just because a player went undrafted doesnt mean years later they are still beholden to that valuation. Aho is worth way more than KK but KK was the top 3 pick.

His biggest barrier in 2019 to being a NHLer was his skating. He now skates at an above average level for a NHLer (especially a dman). That changed his projection.

Yes, I am aware there are three pairings lmao.

I can see you very strongly believe that Xhekaj will continue a linear development curve and become a #3-4 defenseman. I disagree with you and think it’s unrealistic to call that “conservative”. My belief here is that, like many other players that play for Montreal, he is vastly overrated by Montreal fans.

I get it, he’s a fan favorite and a good story. But I’m selling high on Xhekaj and taking this package every day if I’m a Montreal GM.
Tintin a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 14 h 15
Yes, I am aware there are three pairings lmao.

I can see you very strongly believe that Xhekaj will continue a linear development curve and become a #3-4 defenseman. I disagree with you and think it’s unrealistic to call that “conservative”. My belief here is that, like many other players that play for Montreal, he is vastly overrated by Montreal fans.

I get it, he’s a fan favorite and a good story. But I’m selling high on Xhekaj and taking this package every day if I’m a Montreal GM.

Linear development is top pair as I have pointed ut multiple times he has far ahead of his age group. Expecting a 21 year old dmen already with productive NHL numbers to be a #4 dman down the road is conservative.
31 déc. 2022 à 14 h 23
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,515
while thats a fairly good offer for wifi, not sure how that makes sense for Mtl. i like that russian guy a lot, but you have to keep your elc contract that are doing well if you want to rebuild. like people said earlier, he is a fan favorite and could end up a decent middle pair guy, people forget how young he is and could develop a lot. maybe nikishkin ends up the better player, who knows but at that time for Mtl it makes more sense to keep Wifi.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 15 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 565
Of course, Nino cost us a whopping 'Victor Rask'.
31 déc. 2022 à 16 h 12
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,375
Quoting: gavinray
Xhekaj has been one of the worst defenceman in the league statistically, doesn't make sense for Car. He isn't going to be a top 4 dman

Im not a huge Xhekaj fan (just had a thread where i said he was the most overrated on the Habs) but he's literally been saddled with garbage partners like Wideman and a team with no structure. What do you expect? Guhle's numbers are also horrid but if you think he isnt a future star then you know very little when watching the game outside useless fancy stats that change meaning every day.
31 déc. 2022 à 16 h 14
Banni
This is why you should stick to your own team

He's no Ethan Bear. The greatest defenseman to have ever lived according to some!
31 déc. 2022 à 16 h 16
Banni
Dude is in the NHL because he plays for a team without as much established NHL talent on the blue line. Again, a nice story but the guy would be a 7D or in the AHL for most other teams in the league.

He’s about to turn 22 in a few weeks. Making the jump straight from the CHL is great, but less impressive than if he were in his D+1 or something.

He’ll probably continue to develop and become a more consistent player, but realistically he’s unlikely to become more than a bottom pairing NHL regular. For an undrafted guy, that’s pretty awesome. But let’s not kid ourselves and put him in the same conversation as Power, Sanderson, etc.

Its clear you are oblivious to how old nhl dmen actually are

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?report=bios&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20222023&seasonTo=20222023&gameType=2&position=D&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,15&sort=birthDate&page=0&pageSize=50

He is the 6th youngest dmen to be a nhl regular this year. The average draft position of everyone younger than him is 9th overall.

Its pretty stupid you cant see the middleground between bottom pair and potential franchise dman. His realistic projection at this point is a 3-4 dman.

Calling Xhekaj a 7th dman shows how delusional this guy is. Same guy that said Edmundson is bottom pair. Lets face it everyone is bottom pair according to him that doesnt play as well as Makar or if they attained true greatness.. Sam Girard. The softest player in the league.
31 déc. 2022 à 16 h 25
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
Calling Xhekaj a 7th dman shows how delusional this guy is. Same guy that said Edmundson is bottom pair. Lets face it everyone is bottom pair according to him that doesnt play as well as Makar or if they attained true greatness.. Sam Girard. The softest player in the league.

I mean, on any half decent defensive squad Edmundson and Xhekaj would not be playing as big of a role as they are for the Habs. With a healthy roster, Edmundson is the #4 in Montreal by TOI (behind Matheson, Savard, Guhle). Most contending teams have a better top 4 than that. Which pushes the dude down the lineup. Same with Xhekaj. I think “delusional” is a stretch here.

MTL
31 déc. 2022 à 18 h 52
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 175
Quoting: willdog37
A lot to pay for a third-pairing enforcer. Montreal would easily accept

Leads all rookie defenseman in goals but cool
31 déc. 2022 à 19 h 40
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Mental_yuppi
Leads all rookie defenseman in goals but cool

Not exactly a very strong rookie class. While 5 goals is impressive for Xhekaj, he only has a 2.1 expected goals which means he is kind of getting lucky. He is not really generating offense. He also has considerably more giveaways than takeaways, especially in the defensive zone.

More Xhekaj stats:

-4 GAR (goals above replacement) This is very bad
-0.7 WAR (wins above replacement) Not good
-2.9 EVD (even strength defense) Not good
-0.4 EVO (even strength offense) Not actually that good offensively

While he is a fun player to watch, he is realistically nothing more than a #5 with a good story
turtlemountain et Tintin a aimé ceci.
31 déc. 2022 à 21 h 0
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 175
Quoting: Juiceman
Not exactly a very strong rookie class. While 5 goals is impressive for Xhekaj, he only has a 2.1 expected goals which means he is kind of getting lucky. He is not really generating offense. He also has considerably more giveaways than takeaways, especially in the defensive zone.

More Xhekaj stats:

-4 GAR (goals above replacement) This is very bad
-0.7 WAR (wins above replacement) Not good
-2.9 EVD (even strength defense) Not good
-0.4 EVO (even strength offense) Not actually that good offensively

While he is a fun player to watch, he is realistically nothing more than a #5 with a good story

Guy playing his first pro games and you have his career all planed out for him, nice
31 déc. 2022 à 21 h 38
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Mental_yuppi
Guy playing his first pro games and you have his career all planed out for him, nice

Well what else am I supposed to go off of? Definitely an inspirational story, but he has shown nothing that suggests that he is more than a very good physical bottom pair d man

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage