SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

6 nov. 2022 à 13 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,950
Modifié 6 nov. 2022 à 13 h 41
Toronto should call Nashville about Tolvanen whose been a HS 4 of his last 5 games

Send Engvall and a 2025 3rd and go get him
jr400 a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 13 h 36
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036

Yes.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 14 h 21
Hakuna Matata
One Dman people rarely talk about but has been connected to the Leafs twice is Nate Schmidt

So for context

We tried to get him back in the Vegas expansion draft and were very close but Vegas backed down at the last second (Were gonna give a 1st and 4th I believe)

A few years later when Vegas wanted Pitrangelo Leafs and Vancouver apparently were in talks for him. Leafs were the front runner but then backed down as the Brodie talks went better than expected leaving him for Vancouver to take.

Now I wonder do they re-explore acquiring him and its tough as hes not the best option he seems to be someone they like and want
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 15 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

Fukcin love this!!!
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 15 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Fukcin love this!!!

Samsonov/Petruzelli tandem
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 17 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Knew Robertson was gonna play tonight as I said before its matchups

As knowing Boston they would have went for those special plays they love and he would be on IR
6 nov. 2022 à 17 h 31
Hakuna Matata
As the saying goes u can tell when its the second half of a back to back.

Leafs sloppy PK as that stretch pass leading to the setup and Noesen goal should have never happened. Leafs really need another big Body Dman

But at the same time Kallgren got to make that save but it seems hugging his post is an issue this year as 3 goals he has allowed were from that

Oh well
6 nov. 2022 à 17 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 nov. 2022 à 18 h 33
Malgin has honestly impressed me at times putting up a good play here and there

Hopefully he can keep it up

Edit: He and Engvall have been our best guys tonight which is both intriguing and concerning
6 nov. 2022 à 18 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 nov. 2022 à 19 h 1
Keefe brought out the blender and I have loved it

So much more energy and thrill then compared to first period

Kerfoot-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-Jarnkrok-Engvall
Reese-Kampf-Malgin

Still think we need a Dman as im not thrilled with the pairings

But man our depth guys have really looked good tonight.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 19 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Ok Keefe, your new second line: Robertson Tavares Marner

Saskleaf et NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 19 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Ok Keefe, your new second line: Robertson Tavares Marner

I think we found the combos we needed as I have liked the moves

No joke he would have at least 5 or 6 goals rn

Now can someone go teach kerfoot to finish

AS THIS IS THE 7TH TIME HES HAD A WIDE OPEN NET AND MISSED

Could have 5 or 6 goals rn if he payed more attention
6 nov. 2022 à 19 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Nylander just did Slavin dirty
6 nov. 2022 à 19 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
It’s been a while since we were on the end of one of these ones. Hats off to Kallgren

NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
7 nov. 2022 à 0 h 50
Which witch is which
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 28
Leafs 2022 season so far...
I'm so confused.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 nov. 2022 à 16 h 37
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Hello leafs fans.

caufield has more goals than matthews rn

Have a great day leafs fans
7 nov. 2022 à 16 h 44
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
Quoting: zk97
Hello leafs fans.

Well habs fans.

You team sucks.

By habs fans.
7 nov. 2022 à 17 h 15
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Quoting: Saskleaf
Well habs fans.

You team sucks.

By habs fans.

thank you very much for the compliment have a great day
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 nov. 2022 à 17 h 33
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,191
thank you very much for the compliment have a great day

You are very welcome. Have a great day.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
7 nov. 2022 à 17 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 nov. 2022 à 18 h 4
Hello leafs fans.

But hes tied with Tavares wink who people says was washed and old

WE ARE SEEING A LEGEND COME BACK TO SCORE 50 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 nov. 2022 à 19 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 nov. 2022 à 19 h 48
Honestly if Washington continues to struggle Dubas should go shopping and go get some guys including a Dman that people dont talk about much and ironically this guy was almost a Leaf till Babcock ****ed it up

That person is Nick Jensen

For context Dubas was in the process of making a trade with Detroit for Jensen. Babcock found out and said you go get this guy I will bench this guy. And so the trade never happened RIP

With Washington struggling and with Jensen being a UFA and putting up good defensive numbers over the years maybe there is a trade to be had.

And not just him as Washington has a lot of good rentals for us at the TDL (i.e. Strome, Sheary, Jensen, Orlov, Hathaway, and Ellers)
7 nov. 2022 à 20 h 41
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: aadoyle
Keefe brought out the blender and I have loved it

So much more energy and thrill then compared to first period

Kerfoot-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-Jarnkrok-Engvall
Reese-Kampf-Malgin

Still think we need a Dman as im not thrilled with the pairings

But man our depth guys have really looked good tonight.

Yeah, those lines looked good. I wonder if he’ll keep them together for the next game, when they attempt to complete a 4-day sweep of the league’s top 3 teams. (Yesterday’s loss knocked Carolina out of the top three, but they were third in points percentage going in.)

I thought it was interesting that after seeing what Keefe’s move did for the Leafs in the 2nd, Brind’Amour shuffled his lines a bit for the 3rd. (Interesting because my one criticism of Brind’Amour is that he seems reluctant to make adjustments when things aren’t working.) But while I thought Keefe’s adjustments brought more balance to the lines, Brind’Amour did the opposite, putting their three top scorers (Aho, Svechnikov and Necas) on the same 5-on-5 line for the first time this season. Carolina did come out stronger after that, but even the stacked line couldn’t get one past Kallgren. I don’t expect him to stick with that combination, but I wonder when his patience with Kotkaniemi will run out. He looks fine until the puck gets near his stick.
7 nov. 2022 à 20 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: jr400
Yeah, those lines looked good. I wonder if he’ll keep them together for the next game, when they attempt to complete a 4-day sweep of the league’s top 3 teams. (Yesterday’s loss knocked Carolina out of the top three, but they were third in points percentage going in.)

I thought it was interesting that after seeing what Keefe’s move did for the Leafs in the 2nd, Brind’Amour shuffled his lines a bit for the 3rd. (Interesting because my one criticism of Brind’Amour is that he seems reluctant to make adjustments when things aren’t working.) But while I thought Keefe’s adjustments brought more balance to the lines, Brind’Amour did the opposite, putting their three top scorers (Aho, Svechnikov and Necas) on the same 5-on-5 line for the first time this season. Carolina did come out stronger after that, but even the stacked line couldn’t get one past Kallgren. I don’t expect him to stick with that combination, but I wonder when his patience with Kotkaniemi will run out. He looks fine until the puck gets near his stick.

Nah, as then u tip your hat to opponents. Go back to the old lines and when your in a jam bring out the blender like this as then the other teams like **** what can I do.
8 nov. 2022 à 5 h 45
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,594
Quoting: aadoyle
Honestly if Washington continues to struggle Dubas should go shopping and go get some guys including a Dman that people dont talk about much and ironically this guy was almost a Leaf till Babcock ****ed it up

That person is Nick Jensen

For context Dubas was in the process of making a trade with Detroit for Jensen. Babcock found out and said you go get this guy I will bench this guy. And so the trade never happened RIP

With Washington struggling and with Jensen being a UFA and putting up good defensive numbers over the years maybe there is a trade to be had.

And not just him as Washington has a lot of good rentals for us at the TDL (i.e. Strome, Sheary, Jensen, Orlov, Hathaway, and Ellers)

But who comes out though?

Since being paired together, Brodie-Holl has been one of the best performing d pairs in the league.
Ive thought that Liljegren has looked excellent, and we know that Mo isnt moving.
Gio has been good as well and frankly we are trying to find more room for Sandin who has been good offensively and is still developing.

Like do we get better by removing one of the kids for Jensen? Im not sure we are.

Plus we need to know for sure whats going on with Muzz before we do anything back there.

Honestly I like the team. Id maybe do a depth add at most for the f core but frankly I dont want to part with many assets right now and im not sure we need to
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 9 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Very good sign, hopefully he is not out too long
Saskleaf, NorthernLeafsFan05 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 12 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2022 à 12 h 26
Quoting: Random2152
But who comes out though?

Since being paired together, Brodie-Holl has been one of the best performing d pairs in the league.
Ive thought that Liljegren has looked excellent, and we know that Mo isnt moving.
Gio has been good as well and frankly we are trying to find more room for Sandin who has been good offensively and is still developing.

Like do we get better by removing one of the kids for Jensen? Im not sure we are.

Plus we need to know for sure whats going on with Muzz before we do anything back there.

Honestly I like the team. Id maybe do a depth add at most for the f core but frankly I dont want to part with many assets right now and im not sure we need to

Holl

Rielly-Jensen
Sandin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren

As to me its pretty clear with how quiet they are of Muzzin that guy's not coming back this season if not at all. Maybe we see him via playoffs but I would be susprised if hes back by January for instance. But because the team has figured things out without him there is no real rush to make a trade. Or the guy they want is not available yet

Jensen has been really good in Washington and honestly a Rielly-Jensen pairing would be pretty good. Plus should not cost a lot to get. This allows for Brodie to make a nice second pairing with Sandin who should get another shot at LD and should do better with a stronger partner. And then finally you get Gio-Liligren who nobody could complain about last year as that pairing was fire.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage