Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,672
Quoting: aadoyle
Holl

Rielly-Jensen
Sandin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren

As to me its pretty clear with how quiet they are of Muzzin that guy's not coming back this season if not at all. But because the team has figured things out without him there is no real rush to make a trade. Or the guy they want is not available yet

Jensen has been really good in Washington and honestly a Rielly-Jensen pairing would be pretty good. This allows for Brodie to make a nice second pairing with Sandin who should get another shot at LD and should do better with a stronger partner. And then finally you get Gio-Liligren who nobody could complain about last year as that pairing was fire.

I don't think the cost to benetfit makes sense to do so when Brodie-Holl can be so effective.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 12 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Random2152
I don't think the cost to benetfit makes sense to do so when Brodie-Holl can be so effective.

It’s a small sample but hard to argue with their results. For me right now the issue is finding a consistent 3rd line that can score. He be top six is getting back to their dominant selfs abs the 4th line of ZAR Kampf Malgin has been excellent. They need a 3C desperately. The Dcore is more then capable right now.

Fg-gp0LWYAYwgyt?format=jpg&name=large
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 13 h 17
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: MatthewsFan
It’s a small sample but hard to argue with their results. For me right now the issue is finding a consistent 3rd line that can score. He be top six is getting back to their dominant selfs abs the 4th line of ZAR Kampf Malgin has been excellent. They need a 3C desperately. The Dcore is more then capable right now.

Fg-gp0LWYAYwgyt?format=jpg&name=large

I think a 3rd built with necc on the wing is a good start. He doesnt do much himself but he improves everyone around him so i want him there. I suppose bunting works too looking at our current lines.

My biggest question is what is Yarnkrok? He is just kind of there. Honestly if we moved him for nothing id be okay with it right now
8 nov. 2022 à 13 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
I think a 3rd built with necc on the wing is a good start. He doesnt do much himself but he improves everyone around him so i want him there. I suppose bunting works too looking at our current lines.

My biggest question is what is Yarnkrok? He is just kind of there. Honestly if we moved him for nothing id be okay with it right now

He is Kerfoot insurance for the following years. But with a much better shot. He has 3 goals (2 being at 5 on 5; only 1 less than Tavares who has 3) For a team starving for some offence in the bottom six, he is at least contributing there. They NEED a play driving C on that 3rd line soooooooo bad. For the time being a top six comprised of (Bunting Matthews Marner/ Kerfoot-Robertson Tavares Nylander) should be plenty of offence to hold up till the TDL. The 4th line is really starting to come together with ZAR Kampf Malgin, it's that 3rd line that can't really get anything going.

Engvall (who is proving last year was a fluke) is still excellent at skating with the puck in transition (he just can't do anything with it) Jarnkrok has a very good shot and has shown the abiltiy to get into those soft areas of the ice and show off his shot:

He just needs a better C to get him the puck. His defensive play speaks for itself. If they could go Robertson Blank Jarnkrok, that could be something.

Puis Suter, Adam Henrique, Morgan Geekie, Nico Sturm, Scott Laughton (no idea if any of these guys are available, just some targets)
8 nov. 2022 à 14 h 5
Just Keep Swimming
He is Kerfoot insurance for the following years. But with a much better shot. He has 3 goals (2 being at 5 on 5; only 1 less than Tavares who has 3) For a team starving for some offence in the bottom six, he is at least contributing there. They NEED a play driving C on that 3rd line soooooooo bad. For the time being a top six comprised of (Bunting Matthews Marner/ Kerfoot-Robertson Tavares Nylander) should be plenty of offence to hold up till the TDL. The 4th line is really starting to come together with ZAR Kampf Malgin, it's that 3rd line that can't really get anything going.

Engvall (who is proving last year was a fluke) is still excellent at skating with the puck in transition (he just can't do anything with it) Jarnkrok has a very good shot and has shown the abiltiy to get into those soft areas of the ice and show off his shot:

He just needs a better C to get him the puck. His defensive play speaks for itself. If they could go Robertson Blank Jarnkrok, that could be something.

Puis Suter, Adam Henrique, Morgan Geekie, Nico Sturm, Scott Laughton (no idea if any of these guys are available, just some targets)

Yeah, i dont measure offense by % driven results. We can do better.
Yarnkrok hasnt done anything notable. He has been NAK with an $8M contract.

But i agree that we would like a nice 3C. Problem is i really am not interested in the cost to acquire one right now. A horvat rental would be great but he is going to cost the moon and he just isnt worth that.
Most of the guys you propose are either on bad deals or non factors at 3C. Just not interested. The others arent avalable.
8 nov. 2022 à 14 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Yeah, i dont measure offense by % driven results. We can do better.
Yarnkrok hasnt done anything notable. He has been NAK with an $8M contract.

But i agree that we would like a nice 3C. Problem is i really am not interested in the cost to acquire one right now. A horvat rental would be great but he is going to cost the moon and he just isnt worth that.
Most of the guys you propose are either on bad deals or non factors at 3C. Just not interested. The others arent avalable.

All good. I don’t want them going after any big UFA’s either (especially the cost to get them)
8 nov. 2022 à 15 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,076

Very good sign, hopefully he is not out too long

My guess is Murray will be back for the second half of the back to back Saturday as hes been skating for a week now and will be at a full practice tomorrow.

Samsonov will probs be back against the Sabers the following Saturday
8 nov. 2022 à 15 h 56
Hakuna Matata

Jarnkrok in general is a very consistent player which I like. In Nashville he was one of those guys who if he got to the middle of the ice would make you pay and in the carolina game he showed it. And in general I have been noticing him starting to find his game which is good news for us as hes one of the guys we need to start replacing the Kase's and Mikheyev's who left. If next year or at the TDL Leafs can get a legit 3c and have him as the RW we in for some fun

As imagine Knies-Eller-Jarnkrok
8 nov. 2022 à 16 h 5
Hakuna Matata
All good. I don’t want them going after any big UFA’s either (especially the cost to get them)

Well maybe Kane. As what if Kane does the Pavelski treatment (i.e. returns on a 1 year 5.5 mill deal) but even if hes just a rental if hes willing to come and we know how good he is you got to maybe risk it. As it could also show Matthews your willing to give to try and get

As just imagine Kane with Matthews. It would allow Marner to go be with JT permanently and allow Nylander to be moved down to create 3 proper scoring lines

Bunting-Matthews-Kane
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Engvall-Jarnkrok-Nylander
Kerfoot-Kampf-Malgin
8 nov. 2022 à 16 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Well maybe Kane. As what if Kane does the Pavelski treatment (i.e. returns on a 1 year 5.5 mill deal) but even if hes just a rental if hes willing to come and we know how good he is you got to maybe risk it. As it could also show Matthews your willing to give to try and get

As just imagine Kane with Matthews. It would allow Marner to go be with JT permanently and allow Nylander to be moved down to create 3 proper scoring lines

Bunting-Matthews-Kane
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Engvall-Jarnkrok-Nylander
Kerfoot-Kampf-Malgin

I just don't want them parting with any more picks for rentals. In the past 2 years they have given up a 2022 2nd round pick, 2023 2nd round pick, 2024 3rd round pick, 2025 2nd round pick, 2023 7th round pick, 2022 5th round pick, 2022 3rd round pick, 2021 1st round pick, 2022 4th round pick and only have Giordano to show for it and no playoff success.
Saskleaf et NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 16 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2022 à 16 h 57
I just don't want them parting with any more picks for rentals. In the past 2 years they have given up a 2022 2nd round pick, 2023 2nd round pick, 2024 3rd round pick, 2025 2nd round pick, 2023 7th round pick, 2022 5th round pick, 2022 3rd round pick, 2021 1st round pick, 2022 4th round pick and only have Giordano to show for it and no playoff success.

Thats what u do when u want to try and win

Picks dont matter

Just dont go and spend 4 1sts like Florida did in a single season
8 nov. 2022 à 16 h 29
Hakuna Matata

Picks dont matter

Just dont go and spend 4 1sts like Florida did on rentals

For instance

Colorado spent last year a

A 1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Timmins, Barron, and Helleson

Meanwhile Tampa in 3 years

5 1sts,2nd 3rd, 4th, Nolan Foote, Johnsson, Raddysh, Katchok, Joseph
8 nov. 2022 à 17 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Picks dont matter

Just dont go and spend 4 1sts like Florida did in a single season

No, that’s called poor asset management. CAR has been a contender for years and has drafted (8,13,7) times in the past 3 years.

FgC2BSSagAARWUY?format=png&name=large

The Leafs inability to trade their players at their highest value while adding picks or prospects to their pool is extremely frustrating.

They have selected only 8 times in the part 2 years on only have 5 picks (4 if ARI coverts the 2025 2nd to a 2023 3rd).
8 nov. 2022 à 17 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
For instance

Colorado spent last year a

A 1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Timmins, Barron, and Helleson

Meanwhile Tampa in 3 years

5 1sts,2nd 3rd, 4th, Nolan Foote, Johnsson, Raddysh, Katchok, Joseph

And both have Cups to show for it. None of the moves made have had any impact for the Leafs
8 nov. 2022 à 17 h 17
Hakuna Matata
No, that’s called poor asset management. CAR has been a contender for years and has drafted (8,13,11) times in the past 3 years.

FgC2BSSagAARWUY?format=png&name=large

The Leafs inability to trade their players at their highest value while adding picks or prospects to their pool is extremely frustrating.

They have selected only 8 times in the part 2 years on only have 5 picks (4 if ARI coverts the 2025 2nd to a 2023 3rd).

Carolina has been a contender but hasnt gone anywhere. One could argue last year they regressed as not winning a roadgame is pretty sad.

And while they still have improved I dont see them as a serious threat in comparison to Vegas, Tampa, etc as knowing Freddie he gonna blow a game 7 and they gonna run him out of town.

In recent years the guys who have won have spent. Only ST. Louis and the Caps are the outlier the last 5 cups as they didnt need to make big trades
8 nov. 2022 à 17 h 17
Hakuna Matata
And both have Cups to show for it. None of the moves made have had any impact for the Leafs

Thats the risk you take but its a risk that you got to make especially in a tough division

As if Colorado or Tampa didnt win their cups you know how bad that would be. They saw oppertunities to improve and did it

This year I got a feeling Leafs will be looking for similar players with term who can make an impact and there are a few good names to be potentially had

Meier
Kane
Toews
etc
8 nov. 2022 à 17 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Thats the risk you take but its a risk that you got to make especially in a tough division

As if Colorado or Tampa didnt win their cups you know how bad that would be. They saw oppertunities to improve and did it

This year I got a feeling Leafs will be looking for similar players with term who can make an impact.

Hope so too
8 nov. 2022 à 17 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2022 à 17 h 31
Hope so too

With a bunch of good teams struggling the shopping bag could end up with some fun names that we never would have expected

But I still feel potentially Timo Meier could be a Leaf.

Other nice choices = Garland, Mangiapane, Niederreiter, ETC

Only untouchable Matthew Knies
8 nov. 2022 à 19 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2022 à 19 h 40
Might be growing pains but man Sandin this season not good

2 really bad giveaways leading to embarrassing goals for the opposition in 2 different games

Still hes 22 so I hope he learns and grows from this as I feel he will be very good for us
8 nov. 2022 à 19 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2022 à 20 h 36
Might be growing pains but man Sandin this season not good

2 really bad giveaways leading to embarrassing goals for the opposition in 2 different games

Still hes 22 so I hope he learns and grows from this as I feel he will be very good for us

And now Liligren is joining the fun oh boy

Stop giving VGK gifts lul

Edit: He got another goal so guess he made up for that
8 nov. 2022 à 20 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Honestly from this game and the 2 others

I like the top 6, Kerfoot despite what we say honestly should stay the LW as he has looked good

I really like this 4th line as despite it being mix/match it works

The third line is where I have concerns as Engvall is not a 3c and when he is away from Kampf he has looked bad. Maybe a trade should be explored to go find a 3c to play with Jarnkrok and one of Bunting or Robertson (both guys seem to rotate)

So

Kerfoot-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Nylander
Bunting-?-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Kampf-Malgin
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Its not even Christmas and our swedes decide to give out gifts

That SHG was avoidable but Nylander had to slow it lul
8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Despite getting a point to make it 5/6 against Carolina, Boston and Vegas this loss felt very avoidable

Simple mistakes and turnovers ****ed em

Keefe gonna have to talk with Marner and Rielly as that OT shift was shameful
8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 35
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,096
The loss stung, but I thought it was more or less a decent game. Not a fan of Keefe deploying tired bodies in OT, Mitch got caught too wide and Smith got a clear break right at the net. A couple of sloppy plays, but that wasn't one of those losses where I walk away completely hopeless. Can't win all 82, atleast we took a point
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 42
Quoting: Nathaniel
The loss stung, but I thought it was more or less a decent game. Not a fan of Keefe deploying tired bodies in OT, Mitch got caught too wide and Smith got a clear break right at the net. A couple of sloppy plays, but that wasn't one of those losses where I walk away completely hopeless. Can't win all 82, atleast we took a point

They shot themselves in the foot 4 times thats what I have concluded. This was very winnable but they kept hurting themselves especially when VGK tied it with that SHG with 0 response

And that OT shift was embarrassing especially for Marner 0 effort to get back

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage