SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 48
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,096
Quoting: aadoyle
They shot themselves in the foot 4 times thats what I have concluded. This was very winnable but they kept hurting themselves especially when VGK tied it with that SHG with 0 response

And that OT shift was embarrassing especially for Marner 0 effort to get back

Marner was GASSED, he shouldn't have started OT. He had an absolutely incredible game all in all
8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,079
Quoting: Nathaniel
Marner was GASSED, he shouldn't have started OT. He had an absolutely incredible game all in all

Didnt look gassed just looked beat and didnt put any effort into trying to get back Smith was out and yet he wasnt tired.

Either way not a good OT for either him Matthews or Rielly and that will need to be addressed as if that will be the effort whats the point of getting to OT.

But man Marner especially 3 OT's hes been brutal

Kallgren deserved better
8 nov. 2022 à 21 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2022 à 22 h 22
Didnt look gassed just looked beat and didnt put any effort into trying to get back Smith was out and yet he wasnt tired.

Either way not a good OT for either him Matthews or Rielly and that will need to be addressed as if that will be the effort whats the point of getting to OT.

But man Marner especially 3 OT's hes been brutal

Kallgren deserved better

Identical to San Jose OT - Leafs win draw, Marner loses puck, Leafs don't get it back, and lose. Matthews and Rielly dont help things either and thats starting to become a problem.

Keefe needs to work on 3 on 3 a bit next to Dzone exits with the Dman youngsters as thats been an issue recently
8 nov. 2022 à 23 h 11
Hakuna Matata

ZAR-Kampf-Malgin is doing what ZAR-Kampf-Kubel was supposed to do

I think we dound a winner
9 nov. 2022 à 1 h 43
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,640
Malgin has honestly impressed me at times putting up a good play here and there

Hopefully he can keep it up

Edit: He and Engvall have been our best guys tonight which is both intriguing and concerning

IMO Malgin should not have been taken out of the lineup. I feel he has played well enough to stay in the whole time. Even Holmberg has played well enough to stay in the lineup so I really don't understand taking out guys that haven't played their way off the lineup.
9 nov. 2022 à 2 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
IMO Malgin should not have been taken out of the lineup. I feel he has played well enough to stay in the whole time. Even Holmberg has played well enough to stay in the lineup so I really don't understand taking out guys that haven't played their way off the lineup.

Motivation as before he was put back Malgin did disappear now he seems to have found his spot
9 nov. 2022 à 12 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Oh I really want him on the Leafs

NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 12 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Oh I really want him on the Leafs

I like him but man Trenin on the 3rd line would be fun
9 nov. 2022 à 12 h 47
Hakuna Matata

Honestly wasnt sure about him but he grew on me. Keefe's comments werent wrong
9 nov. 2022 à 12 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Honestly wasnt sure about him but he grew on me. Keefe's comments werent wrong

Welcome aboard
9 nov. 2022 à 13 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Murray back potentially Saturday

Good as the comeback revenge tour needs to start
9 nov. 2022 à 15 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Man if it wasnt for the term I would say Toronto should explore claiming Mike Rielly

As breakouts and rush defense have been 2 issues for us. But with that extra year of term idk lets just put him in the maybe. As Mike to me is more of a k fill in and lets see whats going on with Muzzin for next season (i.e. retire/trade/LTIR/etc)
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 5
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,096
Man if it wasnt for the term I would say Toronto should explore claiming Mike Rielly

As breakouts and rush defense have been 2 issues for us. But with that extra year of term idk lets just put him in the maybe. As Mike to me is more of a k fill in and lets see whats going on with Muzzin for next season (i.e. retire/trade/LTIR/etc)

Why would you claim Reilly when Zaitsev is on waivers??? /s

In all seriousness, I cant believe Boston is waiving him AGAIN. They were lucky he cleared last time
Saskleaf et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 17 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
Why would you claim Reilly when Zaitsev is on waivers??? /s

In all seriousness, I cant believe Boston is waiving him AGAIN. They were lucky he cleared last time

Zaitsev is the 2nd worst Dman in the NHL behind Vlasic so of course we should claim him wink

In all seriousness I feel Mike Rielly wouldnt be a bad choice to explore as if there is a free top 4 Dman available on a semi-good deal why not. As why waste 2 1sts for Chycrun lul
10 nov. 2022 à 13 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Really hope he comes back healthy and strong. Looked good in the preseason, once Samsonov comes back too, it will help this team so much down here stretch having two dependable goalies to count on
10 nov. 2022 à 13 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
10 nov. 2022 à 13 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Really hope he comes back healthy and strong. Looked good in the preseason, once Samsonov comes back too, it will help this team so much down here stretch having two dependable goalies to count on

If he can give us 35 games and put up a 0.910 im honestly good. Gives Sammy more than enough rest while also allowing him to continue to make Washington look like fools

As to me priority should be on Sammy as hes just entering his prime and if he continues putting up good numbers we may have found our full time starter who you can fork over that 5mill x 5 year deal someone else wanted but for obvious reasons didnt deserve
10 nov. 2022 à 19 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Pretty nuts

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2022 à 20 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 nov. 2022 à 21 h 5
Pretty nuts

I noticed they really dont look engaged 3 on 3 at all

I think its time for a shakeup if u ask me

Matthews-Nylander-Giordano

Tavares-Marner-Liligren

Kerfoot-Jarnkrok-Rielly

As Rielly is always cheating offense and when it goes the other way out of position and ****ed.
10 nov. 2022 à 21 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Man Dubas dodged a very big bullet not extending Jack Campbell

Imagine being stuck with that 5mill x 5 year deal and Campbell putting up a 4.27 GAA/0.873 SV

Guess stealing guys from Toronto came back to bite them lul

And while yes he took on Murray remember its for this season and next season and not for 5 YEARS
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2022 à 22 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Dont know if its do-able but Dubas and Rutherford have in the past had successful trades with each other and while Rutherford aint the GM is Canucks continue to struggle maybe we can maneuver a deal to go get Garland

As we apparently wanted Garland before the Canucks got him but with the Hockey gods hating us at the TDL he was hurt.....

Seems to be a funny pattern with that with either the guy we want being on a team who just barely squeaks in or is hurt (i.e. Garland and Granlund)

But going back I think Garland would be a very nice piece for Toronto's top 9

Deal can involve this years first, Kerfoot for money going the other way, and one or two prospects.
11 nov. 2022 à 5 h 50
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,672
Dont know if its do-able but Dubas and Rutherford have in the past had successful trades with each other and while Rutherford aint the GM is Canucks continue to struggle maybe we can maneuver a deal to go get Garland

As we apparently wanted Garland before the Canucks got him but with the Hockey gods hating us at the TDL he was hurt.....

Seems to be a funny pattern with that with either the guy we want being on a team who just barely squeaks in or is hurt (i.e. Garland and Granlund)

But going back I think Garland would be a very nice piece for Toronto's top 9

Deal can involve this years first, Kerfoot for money going the other way, and one or two prospects.

I kind of want to keep the 2023 1st. Would rather find another way to get Garland. Id be down with moving the 2024 1st though.

Also while Garland has great underlyings, i dont think he has a crazy amount of value due to lack of production. I think youve overestimated his cost here
11 nov. 2022 à 12 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
I kind of want to keep the 2023 1st. Would rather find another way to get Garland. Id be down with moving the 2024 1st though.

Also while Garland has great underlyings, i dont think he has a crazy amount of value due to lack of production. I think youve overestimated his cost here

Thats getting traded. No way Dubas on the final year of his deal is not exploring using it to try and save his job. It will be on a guy with term anyways so I got 0 concern

Garland got 4 years so use it. Heck lets say Patty Kane wants to come you got to honestly explore it as even if its a rental man thats gonna be the best rental we have ever went and got lul

As skipping trading 2 1sts in 2 years not a good idea for a competing team especially when they need to start making an impact.
11 nov. 2022 à 12 h 12
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,672
Thats getting traded. No way Dubas on the final year of his deal is not exploring using it to try and save his job. It will be on a guy with term anyways so I got 0 concern

Garland got 4 years so use it. Heck lets say Patty Kane wants to come you got to honestly explore it as even if its a rental man thats gonna be the best rental we have ever went and got lul

As skipping trading 2 1sts in 2 years not a good idea for a competing team especially when they need to start making an impact.

Lmao at dubas "saving his job"

Dont buy into the media's crap
11 nov. 2022 à 12 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Lmao at dubas "saving his job"

Dont buy into the media's crap

Not even that. I find GM's on the final year of their deals often make the best trades seen and get at least a 1-2 year extension

Either way that 2023 1st is 100% on the table this year as Matthews is coming due soon and needs extending got to make a TDL Splash and there should be some good targets

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage