SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

2 nov. 2022 à 21 h 18
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,096
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I think if you were to ask CLB fans if they ever thought Bjorkstrand would get traded they’d tell you are nuts lol. Personally I believe Peeke’s extension makes it easier to trade now that teams know what his AAV is and are not getting just an RFA. CLB does have a lot of RD’s, it’s possible he could be made available.

Severson scares me too much: he is a UFA, the cost to acquire him, the cost to retain him, and makes some very questionable defensive plays that always seem to go into the back of the net.

If Peeke does become available, then yeah Id take a swing at acquiring him happily
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 21 h 32
Amirov Forever
Really liking what I'm seeing tonight, but Im still upset that Robertson isnt playing
Saskleaf et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 21 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,079
Quoting: Nathaniel
Really liking what I'm seeing tonight, but Im still upset that Robertson isnt playing

If Robertson could play C man the opportunity for him

As to me from tonight I think veteran swede 3C and a guy to give Holl a break in the pressbox is what we should prioritize
2 nov. 2022 à 22 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983

Ya not reading into anything from tonight. PHI is terrible and lucky that Hart is back to his old form otherwise they’d be at the bottom of the standing.

The test will be this weekend against CAR and BOS
Saskleaf et NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
2 nov. 2022 à 22 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
If this Leafs can continue this play

It is so freakin effective

3 nov. 2022 à 0 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Not saying I want a change in coach but man its kind of funny how potentially soon 3 of the greatest coaches in the modern NHL could be available to us for 2023

Quenneville (not encouraging it but he did lead Chicago to 3 cups)

Trotz (turned an isles team with **** defense into a team who pushed Tampa to the brink twice)

Sullivan (Pittsburgh continues to struggle got to think they explore firing him)
oneX a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2022 à 1 h 40
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,640
Quoting: aadoyle
Not saying I want a change in coach but man its kind of funny how potentially soon 3 of the greatest coaches in the modern NHL could be available to us for 2023

Trotz (turned an isles team with **** defense into a team who pushed Tampa to the brink twice)

Sullivan (Pittsburgh continues to struggle got to think they explore firing him)

Sullivan is intriguing. I don't know about the other names you mentioned because they heavily lean on veterans and that doesn't seem to work well these days.
3 nov. 2022 à 2 h 58
Which witch is which
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 28
Closest thing to a complete game we've seen all year.
Tavares is playing like a beast.
I think tonights game confirms much of what I said earlier in the thread... the season has been a tale of two teams, the top 6 and the bottom 6. Tonight the bottom 6 raised their game and it clearly showed how this elevates the team. Engvall alas was still useless and Holl had one of the most miserable shifts I think I've ever seen... a fall, two give-aways and out of position twice all in 60 secs. He got booed... and honestly I felt kind of sorry for him. He's really struggling and the Leafs need to find a way to reset this guy and get him back in NHL form.
Yes, the beat up on the average Flyers who came off a back-to-back, but this was an important win to get some confidence back. The most important part of the game was seeing the way the team rallied around Mathews and stood together when things got rough. Yet, I have to think that would not have happened if Simmonds was in the line-up. I realize Wayne is limited in his role on the team, but having "that guy" - the enforcer... is important. I would keep Simmonds over Engvall every day of the week, if for no other reason he's a tough option when things get edgy.
3 nov. 2022 à 3 h 2
Which witch is which
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 28

Hiring Quenneville would be a public relations disaster. personally I think the guy should never coach again. He was a Hall Of Fame coach and quite frankly should NEVER be admitted to the Hall for his role in the cover-up of sexual assault on a Chicago player.
3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

I really do hope he gets healthy but not moving him this past offseason was such a mistake
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2022 à 22 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 nov. 2022 à 23 h 42

I really do hope he gets healthy but not moving him this past offseason was such a mistake

Look here is the thing to move Muzzin it would have cost a 1st and maybe a decent prospect or Toronto would have had to take on an equally bad deal (Lucic for Neal example)

Nobody was taking on that deal especially with the injury history

Did u want another potential Jarvis situation?

Sandin already proved hes not top 4 and Gio is to old so in a sense keeping him was key to the leafs defensive structure and PK

It was a freak accident it happens but when he was here our PK was so much better than it has been since the accident. All they should do is utilize his LTIR and go get a fill in and bring him back come playoff time. Then for 2023 maybe discuss a retirement/LTIR stay
3 nov. 2022 à 23 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Iggwilv
Hiring Quenneville would be a public relations disaster. personally I think the guy should never coach again. He was a Hall Of Fame coach and quite frankly should NEVER be admitted to the Hall for his role in the cover-up of sexual assault on a Chicago player.

I mean yes but there are roadblocks he has to go through anyways. If the league approves then it is something to consider

Think of it like the Kane situation as honestly despite that guys issues would have been perfect for our team
4 nov. 2022 à 0 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Look here is the thing to move Muzzin it would have cost a 1st and maybe a decent prospect or Toronto would have had to take on an equally bad deal (Lucic for Neal example)

Nobody was taking on that deal especially with the injury history

Did u want another potential Jarvis situation?

Sandin already proved hes not top 4 and Gio is to old so in a sense keeping him was key to the leafs defensive structure and PK

It was a freak accident it happens but when he was here our PK was so much better than it has been since the accident. All they should do is utilize his LTIR and go get a fill in and bring him back come playoff time. Then for 2023 maybe discuss a retirement/LTIR stay

We have no idea what it would cost.

They need to add more scoring.
4 nov. 2022 à 0 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2022 à 0 h 27
We have no idea what it would cost.

They need to add more scoring.

It would cost a 1st trust me

As if Monahan cost a 1st to move teams would ask for a 1st to take Muzzin as 2 years of 5.625mill and that injury history = not cheap to move
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2022 à 0 h 29
Hakuna Matata

As if Monahan cost a 1st to move teams would ask for a 1st to take Muzzin as 2 years of 5.625mill and that injury history = not cheap to move

And Leafs can now add scoring with him on LTIR as they can spend up to 5.625mill over as hes not coming back from the looks of things

So bring in a 2-3mill Dman and a 2.5mill forward
4 nov. 2022 à 0 h 29
Amirov Forever

Cap dumps are tough to compare though. Look at the return Arizona got in the Kassian trade compared to the return Chicago got in the Mrazek trade.

I'd be content with keeping Muzz for now. His future looks a little cloudy at the moment, in which case he sits on LTIR and doesn't count against the cap. If he does return, then we have a quality veteran defenseman.
4 nov. 2022 à 0 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Cap dumps are tough to compare though. Look at the return Arizona got in the Kassian trade compared to the return Chicago got in the Mrazek trade.

I'd be content with keeping Muzz for now. His future looks a little cloudy at the moment, in which case he sits on LTIR and doesn't count against the cap. If he does return, then we have a quality veteran defenseman.

The difference is the price and injury history

Muzzin is making 5.625m this year and next year and has a history of concussions and other injuries

In this flat cap world nobody is taking that cheaply

Kassian and Mrazek meanwhile were making less than 4mill and other than Mrazek Kassian was still useable as hes just an overpaid winger. Mrazek could have got way worse as man we were lucky with Chicago as if this was a vet GM would have probs been Mrazek and 1st for 7th. Chicago was in need of a goalie and so did the trade

Monahan is the best comparable as he was coming off injury and Calgary wanted to shed cap so the 1st was required. Teams knew Toronto wanted to shed cap and so probs asked the same for Muzzin but knowing our luck that 1st would have become Jarvis 2.0
4 nov. 2022 à 0 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
And Leafs can now add scoring with him on LTIR as they can spend up to 5.625mill over as hes not coming back from the looks of things

So bring in a 2-3mill Dman and a 2.5mill forward

My issue now is the Leafs now have to use the little assets they have to now address the problems on secondary scoring and defence (although I’m very comfortable with a left side Rielly Gio Sandin and RD of Brodie Liljegren).

They should have address these issues in free agency, NOT 10+ games into the season
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2022 à 1 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2022 à 1 h 20
My issue now is the Leafs now have to use the little assets they have to now address the problems on secondary scoring and defence (although I’m very comfortable with a left side Rielly Gio Sandin and RD of Brodie Liljegren).

They should have address these issues in free agency, NOT 10+ games into the season

The thing is though Kerfoot, Jarnkrok, or Engvall could get hot like Mikheyev did last year and just start chipping in. Specifically I think Jarnkrok can be that guy. Its up to him and Keefe though to give him the opportunity to do so. In general bringing in a bottom 6 guy wont be that expensive

Remember Colorado paid a 2nd + High B prospect for RFA Lehkonen

As I said above with MTL's situation we could potentially get Dadonov without giving up much as once hes off IR someone will need to be waived
4 nov. 2022 à 1 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
The thing is though Kerfoot, Jarnkrok, or Engvall could get hot like Mikheyev did last year and just start chipping in. Specifically I think Jarnkrok can be that guy. Its up to him and Keefe though to give him the opportunity to do so. In general bringing in a bottom 6 guy wont be that expensive

Remember Colorado paid a 2nd + High B prospect for RFA Lehkonen

You are pretty set in your ways, all good, cause so am I.

Not sure how many more years (this MIGHT be the last one by the way) for you to realize the core 4 NEEDS help.

Jarnkrok has a career high 16 goals back in 2017.
Kerfoot has a career high of 19 goals back in 2017
Engvall has a career high of 15 goals last year (before that it was 8)

All of them have a combined 8 goals in 129 playoff games. I’m sorry but if you believe they guys are getting hot it’s not happening.

And something not getting talked about enough is Bunting lack of finish this year. Now we are only 11 games in but his shooting % is 5 points lower than last year will be interesting to see if that continues. I’m getting less and less willing to see them give him a long term deal.

Again, can’t stress enough how much this team needs at least 1 IF not two more scorers
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2022 à 1 h 39
Hakuna Matata
You are pretty set in your ways, all good, cause so am I.

Not sure how many more years (this MIGHT be the last one by the way) for you to realize the core 4 NEEDS help.

Jarnkrok has a career high 16 goals back in 2017.
Kerfoot has a career high of 19 goals back in 2017
Engvall has a career high of 15 goals last year (before that it was 8)

All of them have a combined 8 goals in 129 playoff games. I’m sorry but if you believe they guys are getting hot it’s not happening.

And something not getting talked about enough is Bunting lack of finish this year. Now we are only 11 games in but his shooting % is 5 points lower than last year will be interesting to see if that continues. I’m getting less and less willing to see them give him a long term deal.

Again, can’t stress enough how much this team needs at least 1 IF not two more scorers

The guy I would love and hes a playoff scorer who shouldnt cost a tonne

Trenin. The guy every series seems to score playoff goals

Nashville got to many forwards and so a deal could be made. Another guy out of MTL Dadonov. MTL got to many guys and so if we play our cards right could get him for almost nothing
4 nov. 2022 à 12 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Just send him to the minors at this point 🤦‍♂️If you are not going to play him. The kid needs mins
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2022 à 12 h 29
Amirov Forever

Just send him to the minors at this point 🤦‍♂️If you are not going to play him. The kid needs mins

Keefe's handling of young players is infuriating. Same thing happened with Sandin and Lili.
4 nov. 2022 à 12 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Keefe's handling of young players is infuriating. Same thing happened with Sandin and Lili.

Yup, I just don’t get it. It’s impossible to know what they have in him. I was really hoping once he got called up he’d get a much longer leash
4 nov. 2022 à 14 h 21
Hakuna Matata

I will say against the Bruins I dont want Robertson on the ice as knowing the rats they gonna swarm him and get him hurt. Now against the Hurricanes he should be in

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage