Forums/Armchair-GM

EK65 package for Scheifele

Créé par: Ledge_And_Dairy
Équipe: 2021-22 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 4 févr. 2022
Publié: 5 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I want to start out by saying I find it very unlikely Scheifele gets traded but I though I would give it a go anyways

For the Scheifele trade here is the breakdown in comparison to the EK65 deal
- 1st (conditions?)
- 1 of Pelletier/Zary/Coronato (Norris equivalent)
- Dube (Tierney equivalent)
- Valimaki (DeMelo equivalent)
- Ryan Francis (Balcers equivalent)
- Cond. 2023 2nd (transfers if Calgary make the semi's, if they do not Winnipeg gets the 2022 3rd)
- Higher of Calgary's two 2022 2nds

However this will likely not work due to cap constraints so I am replacing Dube and Valimaki with Monahan. I believe this will be better for Winnipeg as DeMelo only returned a 3rd and Tierney likely doesn't return a 1st for Ottawa, whereas I can see Monahan returning a 1st+ next deadline if retained.
Transactions
CGY
  1. Chisholm, Declan
  2. Scheifele, Mark
Détails additionnels:
- Cond. 2023 2nd (transfers if Calgary make the semi's in this year's playoffs, if they do not Winnipeg gets the 2022 3rd)
WPG
  1. Francis, Ryan [Liste de réserve]
  2. Monahan, Sean
  3. Zary, Connor
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
  6. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CGY)
OTT
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (FLA)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $72 413 416 $0 $15 000 $9 086 584 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AG, AD, C
RFA - 3
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
749 250 $749 250 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 6
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
801 666 $801 666 $ (Bonis de performance15 000 $$15K)
AG, C
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
UFA - 3
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 950 000 $1 950 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $ (625 000 $$625K625 000 $$625K)
AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 févr. 2022 à 4 h 16
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,407
That would be a horrible idea for the Flames. Scheifele has turned into a total floater, which is funny because his hands also seem to have left his body. He is smashing the glass floor when it comes to career lows in almost any category you can think of, including effort and attitude.

Steer clear, Big Tuna. Head for open waters. And don't do the Jets any monster favors, thanks.
5 févr. 2022 à 4 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,735
Quoting: mokumboi
That would be a horrible idea for the Flames. Scheifele has turned into a total floater, which is funny because his hands also seem to have left his body. He is smashing the glass floor when it comes to career lows in almost any category you can think of, including effort and attitude.

Steer clear, Big Tuna. Head for open waters. And don't do the Jets any monster favors, thanks.

He's 1 year removed from being one of the most elite centers and top 10 scorers in the league though. I think with Monahan's struggles he is well worth the risk.
5 févr. 2022 à 4 h 42
mokumboi
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
He's 1 year removed from being one of the most elite centers and top 10 scorers in the league though. I think with Monahan's struggles he is well worth the risk.

I'm aware of his history. Have you seen him this season? It's baaaaad. Teammates are not so cryptically calling him out and everything. He recently got benched in the 3rd period of a game they won 4-1 on the road . Maybe he hasn't officially "jumped the shark" yet, but he's certainly in the act of trying to jump it.
5 févr. 2022 à 4 h 47
Démarrer sujet
I'm aware of his history. Have you seen him this season? It's baaaaad. Teammates are not so cryptically calling him out and everything. He recently got benched in the 3rd period of a game they won 4-1 on the road . Maybe he hasn't officially "jumped the shark" yet, but he's certainly in the act of trying to jump it.

So he's trying to get traded. Reminds me of Dubois who seems to be doing fine now. I dont think this means he will be bad or unmotivated on a contender though
5 févr. 2022 à 4 h 51
mokumboi
So he's trying to get traded. Reminds me of Dubois who seems to be doing fine now. I dont think this means he will be bad or unmotivated on a contender though

Heh. Not sure how you got there, or how such behavior would be okay if that was the case. I'll just hope for your team's sake and mine that the Flames have a clearer head about his sharp and ever sharpening decline.
5 févr. 2022 à 6 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Heh. Not sure how you got there, or how such behavior would be okay if that was the case. I'll just hope for your team's sake and mine that the Flames have a clearer head about his sharp and ever sharpening decline.

Being lazy and disengaged is not a decline though
5 févr. 2022 à 8 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,722
Elite D-men have more value than 1st line centers. Karlsson was pretty much still the best in 2016-17

He had surgery after that long playoffs run though and has never been the same after that but still had a lot of value, but still not as much as fans think in general in return for star players.

Mark Scheifele has been one of my favorite non-Sens players for years but he is now almost 29 y/o and forwards tend to decline around that age. I think he still has good years left in him but it would be surprising to see a team give that kind of package to get him.

I'm kinda of an expert on that Karlsson deal, and I was one of the very few to like the return, even though I hated the traded (and the force-fed rebuild) of course. I said a few times (on another site) that the 1st round pick was a good piece because I could see the Sharks missing the playoffs on that 2nd year after they let Pavelski go. I thought something around 10th OA though, not 3rd OA! I was also a big believer in Josh Norris but of course didn't know he had 40 goals potential. Same for Balcers, I didn't know him much but really liked what I have seen/read in my research

But to compare with the package in the OP, I'd like to contribute my 3 cents :

- 1st (conditions?) : if you think they have the same value, conditions could be similar here

- 1 of Pelletier/Zary/Coronato (Norris equivalent) : Pelletier I'd say and his 20 y/o AHL rookie season almost matches Norris' so far. I like Zary and Coronato but not the same level of prospect as what Norris was.

- Dube (Tierney equivalent) : I'm the farthest thing you could find from a Tierney fan but he was more proven and better than Dube, so more value

- Valimaki (DeMelo equivalent) : DeMelo was a throw in, he had cleared waivers a few months prior. Valimaki was actually a very good prospect not that long ago who has been struggling this season. He still has some residual value left, DeMelo had zero value

- Ryan Francis (Balcers equivalent) : I think Balcers was a much better prospect. He was seen as a Sharks top-3 prospect and was the Barracuda best player in his 20 y/o AHL rookie season

- Cond. 2023 2nd (transfers if Calgary make the semi's, if they do not Winnipeg gets the 2022 3rd) : a 2nd is a 2nd

- Higher of Calgary's two 2022 2nds : a 2nd is a 2nd
5 févr. 2022 à 8 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,502
I think the "replacing Dube and Valimaki with Monahan" hurts your case a bit as many know about Monahan struggles, playing 4th line, etc and Dube/Valimaki are good young pieces with upside.

Maybe, trade away Monahan in a separate deal?
5 févr. 2022 à 8 h 25
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,461
Interesting idea.

Would think WPG wants CGY to replace Zary with Pelletier, but other than that it's pretty solid.
5 févr. 2022 à 8 h 45
mokumboi
Being lazy and disengaged is not a decline though

Ehh we could debate about that for a while, but that's only part of it anyway. For instance, he had a career shooting % of over 16 coming into the season, and right now he's at 11% for the year. It's a whole bouquet of suck, really.
5 févr. 2022 à 9 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I think the "replacing Dube and Valimaki with Monahan" hurts your case a bit as many know about Monahan struggles, playing 4th line, etc and Dube/Valimaki are good young pieces with upside.

Maybe, trade away Monahan in a separate deal?

Monahan hasnt played 4th line since October. That is a pretty outdated claim. Yes he's struggled in comparison to his former self but he is still performing at a top 9 center caliber. Look at Gostisbehere for example. He was basically left on the side of the road by Philly, now he's revitalized his value decently well for next years TDL.

On another note Scheifele has also clearly underperformed this year
5 févr. 2022 à 9 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 5 févr. 2022 à 9 h 36
Quoting: Xspyrit
Elite D-men have more value than 1st line centers. Karlsson was pretty much still the best in 2016-17

He had surgery after that long playoffs run though and has never been the same after that but still had a lot of value, but still not as much as fans think in general in return for star players.

Mark Scheifele has been one of my favorite non-Sens players for years but he is now almost 29 y/o and forwards tend to decline around that age. I think he still has good years left in him but it would be surprising to see a team give that kind of package to get him.

I'm kinda of an expert on that Karlsson deal, and I was one of the very few to like the return, even though I hated the traded (and the force-fed rebuild) of course. I said a few times (on another site) that the 1st round pick was a good piece because I could see the Sharks missing the playoffs on that 2nd year after they let Pavelski go. I thought something around 10th OA though, not 3rd OA! I was also a big believer in Josh Norris but of course didn't know he had 40 goals potential. Same for Balcers, I didn't know him much but really liked what I have seen/read in my research

But to compare with the package in the OP, I'd like to contribute my 3 cents :

- 1st (conditions?) : if you think they have the same value, conditions could be similar here

- 1 of Pelletier/Zary/Coronato (Norris equivalent) : Pelletier I'd say and his 20 y/o AHL rookie season almost matches Norris' so far. I like Zary and Coronato but not the same level of prospect as what Norris was.

- Dube (Tierney equivalent) : I'm the farthest thing you could find from a Tierney fan but he was more proven and better than Dube, so more value

- Valimaki (DeMelo equivalent) : DeMelo was a throw in, he had cleared waivers a few months prior. Valimaki was actually a very good prospect not that long ago who has been struggling this season. He still has some residual value left, DeMelo had zero value

- Ryan Francis (Balcers equivalent) : I think Balcers was a much better prospect. He was seen as a Sharks top-3 prospect and was the Barracuda best player in his 20 y/o AHL rookie season

- Cond. 2023 2nd (transfers if Calgary make the semi's, if they do not Winnipeg gets the 2022 3rd) : a 2nd is a 2nd

- Higher of Calgary's two 2022 2nds : a 2nd is a 2nd

Thank you for the detailed and in-depth response, much appreciated. You and Mokumboi may be right that this is on the steeper end of prices and as I said in the description I find it very unlikely that he is traded at all this year.

As for your response to my trade breakdown:

Quote:

I get what you mean about Pelletier being the most comparable simply because of current development. However I think it should be noted that in the most recent prospect rankings by TheHockeyWriters Zary was still ranked above Pelletier and Coronato only a few spots below. Also Zary's struggles in the AHL season this year are largely due to his injury keeping him out of the lineup for so long followed up by Stockton's success and line chemistry. When Zary joined the team he was placed on the 4th line simply because coaching didn't want to mess with anything up front. He has slowly been trying to climb through the ranks. Zary's short AHL stint last year when playing with the same linemates as Pelletier (Philips and Ruzicka/Gawdin) should provide some evidence of that.

Quote:

I don't agree with this, Dube's been snake-bitten this year. Last year (his age 22 year) Dube was on pace for 35 points. This year his xGF is currently at 54.96% yet his GF is at only 38.00%, in 17/18 Tierney had a GF of 48.36% and xGF of 48.06%. Both players average 3rd line ice time.

Quote:

Interesting, I was not aware he had cleared waivers that year. A year ago I guess I could have said Kylington but that is obviously no longer the case

Quote:

Ryan Francis is a bit younger than Balcers was at the time and is regarded relatively highly as a prospect for the Flames. He had an excellent QMJHL season last year that earned him an honorary invite to both training camps this year where the best way to describe would be an unpolished gem. Due to CHL rules though he had to go back to the minors after barely any games with Stockton though. Francis was ranked 10th in Flames prospects by TWC in December and 9th by THW in August
5 févr. 2022 à 10 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,502
Monahan hasnt played 4th line since October. That is a pretty outdated claim. Yes he's struggled in comparison to his former self but he is still performing at a top 9 center caliber. Look at Gostisbehere for example. He was basically left on the side of the road by Philly, now he's revitalized his value decently well for next years TDL.

On another note Scheifele has also clearly underperformed this year

If WPG are trading Scheifele, they probably aren't looking for Monahan back.

Send Monahan to another team in Gostisbehere-like trade.
Then do the above deal with Dube and Valimaki.
5 févr. 2022 à 10 h 23
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
I understand the idea. But when I think about the jets trading scheifele. It’s likely 1 big piece or a big piece and a pick coming back. They’re going to be looking for a top end RW/C or RD prospect with a pick. I just think a package deal like this isn’t what they’d go for. Just my thoughts though.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2022 à 10 h 37
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,403
Personally I'd rather keep Chisholm, he looks promising.

If it was me making the deal think I'd be wanting a straight futures package for Scheifele so not sure about Monahan but get that there needs to be some cap going back to Winnipeg.
5 févr. 2022 à 10 h 38
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,403
Quoting: tsyls
I understand the idea. But when I think about the jets trading scheifele. It’s likely 1 big piece or a big piece and a pick coming back. They’re going to be looking for a top end RW/C or RD prospect with a pick. I just think a package deal like this isn’t what they’d go for. Just my thoughts though.

Can we just send him to Columbus for Laine?.. lol 😆
tsyls a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2022 à 11 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,095
I think that the Jets turn that down. Too much quantity, too little quality. Any of those pieces would make a nice add on to a main piece, except for Monahan, although I know you have him there for cap purposes. It's just missing the main piece.
5 févr. 2022 à 11 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If WPG are trading Scheifele, they probably aren't looking for Monahan back.

Send Monahan to another team in Gostisbehere-like trade.
Then do the above deal with Dube and Valimaki.

Maybe in a 3-way like the Duchene trade. They wont trade Monahan before they no they can get Scheifele though
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2022 à 11 h 27
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,722
Thank you for the detailed and in-depth response, much appreciated. You and Mokumboi may be right that this is on the steeper end of prices and as I said in the description I find it very unlikely that he is traded at all this year.

Welcome!

I get what you mean about Pelletier being the most comparable simply because of current development. However I think it should be noted that in the most recent prospect rankings by TheHockeyWriters Zary was still ranked above Pelletier and Coronato only a few spots below. Also Zary's struggles in the AHL season this year are largely due to his injury keeping him out of the lineup for so long followed up by Stockton's success and line chemistry. When Zary joined the team he was placed on the 4th line simply because coaching didn't want to mess with anything up front. He has slowly been trying to climb through the ranks. Zary's short AHL stint last year when playing with the same linemates as Pelletier (Philips and Ruzicka/Gawdin) should provide some evidence of that.

I might be higher on Pelletier than most though because of him being a QMJHL product but thanks for the Zary insight. Next season will be important for him. Coronato could also be the best of the 3. Hard to say which one will develop the best

I don't agree with this, Dube's been snake-bitten this year. Last year (his age 22 year) Dube was on pace for 35 points. This year his xGF is currently at 54.96% yet his GF is at only 38.00%, in 17/18 Tierney had a GF of 48.36% and xGF of 48.06%. Both players average 3rd line ice time.

Yeah but actual results matter more. Tierney had 17 goals 40 pts in his 23 y/o season, Dube is on pace for 8 goals and 22 points. Maybe he turns it up in the 2nd half but as of NOW, we could say that Tierney had more value at the moment of the EK trade than Dube has now.

Interesting, I was not aware he had cleared waivers that year. A year ago I guess I could have said Kylington but that is obviously no longer the case.

Yeah it shows that things can change quickly. I would say that Vali has much more value than DeMelo had at that moment, which was at most a 7th round pick

Ryan Francis is a bit younger than Balcers was at the time and is regarded relatively highly as a prospect for the Flames. He had an excellent QMJHL season last year that earned him an honorary invite to both training camps this year where the best way to describe would be an unpolished gem. Due to CHL rules though he had to go back to the minors after barely any games with Stockton though. Francis was ranked 10th in Flames prospects by TWC in December and 9th by THW in August

Interesting, and thanks for the links always interested to look at this kind of ranking

Look at this one, Balcers being Sharks #2 behind Merkley but just in front of Ferraro, Norris and Gambrell

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2018/08/09/san-jose-sharks-prospects/

Pronman at The Athletic had Norris and Balcers at 3 and 4 respectively, as “legit NHL prospects”.

I think Balcers was easily considered a better prospect than Francis is now. Doesn't mean Francis can't be better
Ledge_And_Dairy et soooonk a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage