Forums/NHL

502021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - #8

15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 29
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: yikes
I don’t think either gets that done.

I’m saying like

Brannstrom, 2021 2022 firsts (top 3 protected), Formenton, JBD, Roster player (just an example) it’ll cost

I feel like that's significantly more than Eichel got lol, our 2022 1st if in the 4-8 range (likely) will be better than Krebs+Vegas's 2022 1st, and the 2023 1st is probably worth more than Tuch+2nd. And Chychrun isn't close to Eichel, obviously. Our 1sts should be off the table full stop, but I feel like what you said without the firsts is probably a realistic deal for Chychrun. Like Brannstrom is worth a 1st. JBD is worth a 1st. Formenton is worth a 2nd, maybe a late 1st. White has some value still, probably like a 2nd or 3rd, but he's a decent NHLer now which is more appealing than a 14th pick in this draft.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 35
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
In all seriousness, I think about that Dahlin-to-Los Angeles post from a couple days ago that was really well done and would be completely unsurprised to see Chychrun in either Anaheim or Los Angeles. I think the Kings are more likely, but the only piece either team is really desperately missing is that top-pair LHD for their future.

I think the package proposed was Kempe, Turcotte, the 2022 1st, and a 2022 2nd: it's structured identically to the Eichel trade and honestly, I'd take that and run if I were Arizona so long as the first rounder was only top-3 protected.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 38
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
In all seriousness, I think about that Dahlin-to-Los Angeles post from a couple days ago that was really well done and would be completely unsurprised to see Chychrun in either Anaheim or Los Angeles. I think the Kings are more likely, but the only piece either team is really desperately missing is that top-pair LHD for their future.

I think the package proposed was Kempe, Turcotte, the 2022 1st, and a 2022 2nd: it's structured identically to the Eichel trade and honestly, I'd take that and run if I were Arizona so long as the first rounder was only top-3 protected.

if arizona trades chychrun i will never watch a game again.

horrible sspot that this team is in right now.

very dissapoting to see.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 38
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,840
Quoting: Alfie11
I feel like that's significantly more than Eichel got lol, our 2022 1st if in the 4-8 range (likely) will be better than Krebs+Vegas's 2022 1st, and the 2023 1st is probably worth more than Tuch+2nd. And Chychrun isn't close to Eichel, obviously. Our 1sts should be off the table full stop, but I feel like what you said without the firsts is probably a realistic deal for Chychrun. Like Brannstrom is worth a 1st. JBD is worth a 1st. Formenton is worth a 2nd, maybe a late 1st. White has some value still, probably like a 2nd or 3rd, but he's a decent NHLer now which is more appealing than a 14th pick in this draft.

Oh yeh but I think Buffalo got rinsed on the Eichel trade and lost by a MILES - not a great comparable when Buffalo got shafted.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 45
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: csick
I’m just not sure we need Chychrun. We need more defensive guys. I’d be all over Carlo tho.

Chabot-Carlo
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Thomson

JBD included for Carlo.

Quoting: MatthewsFan
Personally, I don't see the fit with OTT, it starts with Sanderson (which I'm sure would be a non starter for OTT)

IMO OTT needs to address there 2nd line, they need a legit proven goal scorer. Yes the D is bad but I'd rather just wait for the prospects to come up.

Quoting: Alfie11
Idk what we'd give up though. Sanderson is off the table. Pinto should be. Brannstrom is a no-brainer to include. Maybe we include White to match salary/give them an interesting young forward that could use a change of scenery. But we aren't trading this year's 1st. Maybe Greig? Maybe one of JBD or Thomson? I could see one of Jarventie or Formenton being included, and any non-1st pick is fair game. Do you think there's a 4-5 piece package in there that's interesting enough to get him?

The other question is, do we even need him? Like he's an all offense left shot defenseman. We have Chabot, who is better at that. Sanderson is going to be in our top 4 soon and is also a left shot. Can Chychrun play the right side, or do we force Sanderson to play the right side with one of those two guys? If the Sens are open to having 3 insanely good lefties in our top 4 then I'd be down, we need good defensemen full stop, so I'm not going to complain. Just not sure which package gets it done. Brannstrom+White+Jarventie+2nd+2nd? That's like a 1st equivalent (who is NHL ready), a good prospect worth roughly a late 1st/early 2nd, an early 2nd and late 2nd, and then White, who is a young middle six centre.

I think Chychrun is a fine defender who excels at goal scoring. But that doesn’t mean he’s not good at defence.

I think you go

Chabot - Zub
Chychrun- Holden?
Sanderson - Thomson
JBD/ Mete

Shoot Zaitsev to the sun. You have a rock solid top 4 and a 3rd pair who can learn and ease into the pro game and provide 20 min if need be; or play a smooth 12-16 and even expose teams when they have to deal with that top 4 and then you throw out these two hungry kids who are talented. You can actually push for the playoffs and not have to worry “we have a rookie in Sanderson and Thomson playing 17-21 and 13-18”. You basically have a potentially elite D core and then you just have to focus on getting a scoring winger for Stutzle. Think about, Ottawa could actually be confident in winning a round if they make the playoffs next year. I’m less confident if I see:

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Holden?
? - Thomson/ JBD
Zaitsev/ Mete

Ottawa needs to start winning and we’re seeing it right now; if the Sens actually could ice a consistent and competitive complete roster, this team could be scary. Starting with Chychrun imo begins that process and shows the players that “yeah we’re still building, but we believe in you guys”. Just my thought.

You got two problems:

A) we are too strong on defence, we have Chabot, Chychrun, JBD, Sanderson, Thomson, Zub and we’re too deep on the left

B) we’re too thin on defence and could still add a 17-22 min D man to help the kids.

Personally I want the problem that I can deal with not the problem that requires me to go out and make a deal.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 48
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,130
I think Chychrun is a fine defender who excels at goal scoring. But that doesn’t mean he’s not good at defence.

I think you go

Chabot - Zub
Chychrun- Holden?
Sanderson - Thomson
JBD/ Mete

Shoot Zaitsev to the sun. You have a rock solid top 4 and a 3rd pair who can learn and ease into the pro game and provide 20 min if need be; or play a smooth 12-16 and even expose teams when they have to deal with that top 4 and then you throw out these two hungry kids who are talented. You can actually push for the playoffs and not have to worry “we have a rookie in Sanderson and Thomson playing 17-21 and 13-18”. You basically have a potentially elite D core and then you just have to focus on getting a scoring winger for Stutzle. Think about, Ottawa could actually be confident in winning a round if they make the playoffs next year. I’m less confident if I see:

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Holden?
? - Thomson/ JBD
Zaitsev/ Mete

Ottawa needs to start winning and we’re seeing it right now; if the Sens actually could ice a consistent and competitive complete roster, this team could be scary. Starting with Chychrun imo begins that process and shows the players that “yeah we’re still building, but we believe in you guys”. Just my thought.

Really putting Sanderson on the 3rd pair? He’s going to be a 1st pair guy lol
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 52
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
<a href=Capture-2.png">

Let the bidding begin

At this point MOVE the team. Bettmans bailing out the titanic with a yogurt cup at this point
NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121, yikes and 3 others a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 53
EklundCelebriniSmith
Really putting Sanderson on the 3rd pair? He’s going to be a 1st pair guy lol

I mean it’s bold to assume that Sanderson can handle elite QoC. I’m not saying he can’t but I don’t see harm in a kid starting on the third pair. I mean not a direct comparable but Ferraro started on the third and worked his way up within two years and now he’s a bonafide top 4 kid (well he’s actually a top pair guy playing 24+ min a night, but we’ll be humble and say he’s a top4 lmao). Sanderson obviously holds much more potential but if Sanderson plays 14-18 min a night and gets extra assignments and exposes other 3rd pairs and middle 6’s; thats confidence building and not a bad thing. And hey if he needs a steady and slow minutes some nights like 12-14 while he develops he has that opportunity on the third pair. He can learn from Zub, Chabot, Chychrun and more importantly not have to be stressed on. Protect the assets. Just cause he’s on the third pair doesn’t mean he’ll play 8 min.
BeterChiarelli et Roysboy72 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 57
KFTW
I mean it’s bold to assume that Sanderson can handle elite QoC. I’m not saying he can’t but I don’t see harm in a kid starting on the third pair. I mean not a direct comparable but Ferraro started on the third and worked his way up within two years and now he’s a bonafide top 4 kid. Sanderson obviously holds much more potential but if Sanderson plays 14-18 min a night and gets extra assignments and exposes other 3rd pairs and middle 6’s; thats confidence building and not a bad thing. And hey if he needs a steady and slow minutes some nights like 12-14 while he develops he has that opportunity on the third pair. He can learn from Zub, Chabot, Chychrun and more importantly not have to be stressed on. Protect the assets. Just cause he’s on the third pair doesn’t mean he’ll play 8 min.

You’re still blocking him for the future. Also Sanderson is like Seider and Power not like Ferraro. The guy is an absolute stud that will be playing 20 mins a night from his first game and dominating
capsfan2121 et Roysboy72 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 58
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
I mean it’s bold to assume that Sanderson can handle elite QoC. I’m not saying he can’t but I don’t see harm in a kid starting on the third pair. I mean not a direct comparable but Ferraro started on the third and worked his way up within two years and now he’s a bonafide top 4 kid. Sanderson obviously holds much more potential but if Sanderson plays 14-18 min a night and gets extra assignments and exposes other 3rd pairs and middle 6’s; that confidence building not a bad thing. And hey if he needs a steady and slow minutes some nights like 12-14 while he develops he has that opportunity on the third pair. He can learn from Zub, Chabot, Chychrun and more importantly not have to be stressed on.

I'd personally take this approach as well: you could always elevate Sanderson throughout the season to the second pairing.

What I don't particularly agree with is bringing in the kind of player that would block Jake from that #2LHD spot over the course of his ELC, and I think Chychrun is that sort of piece. The Senators need that premier, minute-munching RHD - I haven't the faintest clue as to who that could be, maybe Marino - and would expect the kinds of assets being proposed for Chychrun to be thrown instead at the greater position of need.

Names like Nemec and Jiricek are likely in-range of the Senators' first rounder this year, but I think he falls outside their window of availability. Either young man would be just making the NHL as the Senators are starting to look to be one of the powerhouses of the Atlantic.
capsfan2121, csick, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 13 h 59
KFTW
I'd personally take this approach as well: you could always elevate Sanderson throughout the season to the second pairing.

What I don't particularly agree with is bringing in the kind of player that would block Jake from that #2LHD spot over the course of his ELC, and I think Chychrun is that sort of piece. The Senators need that premier, minute-munching RHD - I haven't the faintest clue as to who that could be, maybe Marino - and would expect the kinds of assets being proposed for Chychrun to be thrown instead at the greater position of need.

Names like Nemec and Jiricek are likely in-range of the Senators' first rounder this year, but I think he falls outside their window of availability. Either young man would be just making the NHL as the Senators are starting to look to be one of the powerhouses of the Atlantic.

I agree. We need that Defensive RHD guy
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 1
EklundCelebriniSmith

I agree. We need that Defensive RHD guy

I just don’t see any RHD available of the quality of Chychrun and more high picks is more of the same and lengthens the rebuild. Chychrun does actually play on the ride a good amount after checking frozen tools. But the point being I don’t think Ottawa should focus on “let’s develop a RHD for 2026”.

You’re still blocking him for the future. Also Sanderson is like Seider and Power not like Ferraro. The guy is an absolute stud that will be playing 20 mins a night from his first game and dominating

I don’t see it as that much of an impass and I’m not saying Sanderson is like Ferraro - but I think many teams fall victim to themselves for expecting kids to play 20 min a night for 82 games.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 2
KFTW
I just don’t see any RHD available of the quality of Chychrun and more high picks is more of the same and lengthens the rebuild. Chychrun does actually play on the ride a good amount after checking frozen tools. But the point being I don’t think Ottawa should focus on “let’s develop a RHD for 2026”.

I would try to get Connor Murphy. He’s on a good deal . And Chicago might be rebuilding
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 3
Oh yeh but I think Buffalo got rinsed on the Eichel trade and lost by a MILES - not a great comparable when Buffalo got shafted.

Really? I thought ultimately they got about fair value for him, given the fact that his value was going downhill daily and all the question marks around his health. Like I was proposing Monahan+Dube+1st+Zary for a while, which is fairly comparable to what they ended up getting. Chychrun has been mediocre this year, is signed for 2 less years, and LD is less valuable than 1C. With that as the most recent major trade for a superstar, there's no shot he gets more than Eichel got. I'd probably take Turcotte+Kempe+protected 1st+2nd from the Kings if that was offered. Ottawa probably won't part with as high end of a piece as Turcotte (unless you view Brannstrom in that tier, which he used to be, but Smith is tanking his value by not giving him the time he deserves), but could do 5 pieces that are closer to NHL ready and still pretty high tier.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 6
EklundCelebriniSmith
Nashville also adds 6 plays atleast today to the COVID list.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 15

This is a good take. If Chychrun shot right, or could play the right side (idk if he can/does, I don't watch Coyotes games lmao) then I'd be all over it. But really, Chabot and Sanderson are both #1 defensemen, or will be soon, and they shoot left, so we just need to fill out the right side with solid enough complementary pieces. I'm hopeful that with Zub, Thomson, and JBD we already have them (Zub is a good defensive guy now, JBD is a good defensive guy who will be a top 4 RD in probably 2 years, Thomson is a good 2-way guy who will probably be a top 4 RD in 1-2 years), but you never really know. Getting a guy like Marino, Carlo, Cernak, or Murphy would be fantastic. I wouldn't be looking at Nemec and Jiricek, partially because we already have 2 high-end RD prospects + Zub, partially because their timeline is a couple years off, and partially because they also project as #1 defensemen, and having 3 #1 guys seems like overkill when we need help up front, so we should be focusing on a forward for sure (preferably a C or RW, but honestly a LW could work too, just play Stutzle at C and Pinto at RW).
capsfan2121 et BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Can Arizona just fold and the nhl takes care of the contracts that some of the players don’t get picked up in the fold draft. Please stop Arizona just stop
zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 41
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,105
For me, Uncle Lou is going to act. Dobson + Raty + 2023 1st for Chychrun

Dobson is untouchable, he’s not going anywhere. That is an awful trade for the islanders.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 43
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: Db1899
Dobson is untouchable, he’s not going anywhere. That is an awful trade for the islanders.

This must be why I am only an ACGM.

Give to get was the premise.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 43
No not Dobson. U want a Chychrun-Dobson pairing. Salo + Raty + 2 1sts

The islanders are last team that should be trading for Chychrun. They have two defenseman better than him, it makes no sense to waste a bunch of assets on a defenseman. If the isles are going to trade a 1st, it has to be for a forward
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 44
KFTW
Quoting: Db1899
The islanders are last team that should be trading for Chychrun. They have two defenseman better than him, it makes no sense to waste a bunch of assets on a defenseman. If the isles are going to trade a 1st, it has to be for a forward

Would love to see a Bailey + Holmstrom + 1st for a top 6 winger
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 45
This must be why I am only an ACGM.

Give to get was the premise.

I get that, I just think Chychrun makes no sense for the isles to target
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 14 h 45