SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

502021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - #8

14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 45
Daddy
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Personally I think their success on PP without Marner is they are all shooting threats on the man advantage. Having that extra shooter (Kase) is creating extra space. They had moved Marner off the half-wall for his inability to be a shooting threat. Mitch has his moments when he moves around but I feel like that can bunch up and clog up the middle of the ice. Having a bunch of shooters spread out forces the PK to be much more aggressive thus creating even more dangerous shooting lanes, especially when they are moving the puck around quickly.

I hope once healthy they look at creating two evenly matched units:

PP1
Spezza Nylander Matthews
Kase Rielly

Simmonds Tavares Marner
Bunting Sandin

But I stress, this team is undoubtedly better with a healthy Mitch Marner!!

Also, unrelated but Dreger is such a wanker. Every time a Leaf player is having success he goes off with “well this guy is pricing himself out of Toronto” 🖕🏻Dregs

I'm pretty sure Marner started off the year in the middle of the ice on the PP but then was moved back to the halfwall after only a few games. That's how I remember it, I very well could be wrong though. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Marner in the bumper on PP1 bcuz let's be honest he's never going to get taken off PP1. With two shooting threats on the half wall in Nylander and Matthews, Marner's creativity and playmaking in the middle could be very useful in a tight area that the bumper spot on the PP plays in. The only shooting he would do would be point blank one timers from the low slot when the net front guy sneaks out to the near post and receives a pass and one touches it to the guy in the bumper, which Marner can handle, he's not really a shooting threat on the halfwall at all, but he is from the low slot. Being able to create offence from the bumper on the PP is super effective as it forces a tighter PK formation, which means more space for the shooters on the halfwall.
capsfan2121 et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Quoting: aadoyle
I thought the game was over lul

Personally I think their success on PP without Marner is they are all shooting threats on the man advantage. Having that extra shooter (Kase) is creating extra space. They had moved Marner off the half-wall for his inability to be a shooting threat. Mitch has his moments when he moves around but I feel like that can bunch up and clog up the middle of the ice. Having a bunch of shooters spread out forces the PK to be much more aggressive thus creating even more dangerous shooting lanes, especially when they are moving the puck around quickly.

I hope once healthy they look at creating two evenly matched units:

PP1
Spezza Nylander Matthews
Kase Rielly

Simmonds Tavares Marner
Bunting Sandin

But I stress, this team is undoubtedly better with a healthy Mitch Marner!!

Also, unrelated but Dreger is such a wanker. Every time a Leaf player is having success he goes off with “well this guy is pricing himself out of Toronto” 🖕🏻Dregs

Help
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 48
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

Haven't made fun of the Kraken in a while
They picked Gavin Bayreuther over Max Domi
capsfan2121, BeterChiarelli, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Devil1122

Who
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,075
Quoting: capsfan2121
Who

Some depth guy who ended up signing back with the jackets

Francis strikes again

Domi on the Kraken would have been so good for them but they chose to go with a AHL depth guy over him
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
some depth guy who ended up signing back with the jackets

That draft was terrible for the kraken
aadoyle, zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 54
Hakuna Matata

They robbed some teams and let other teams get a pass during the draft

I enjoy their suffering lul
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
They robbed some teams and let other teams get a pass during the draft

I enjoy their suffering lul

Me too I’m not a fan of that team at all. But to be fair I hate every team that isn’t the caps and maybe the leafs but slightly
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 57
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,840
Quoting: csick
Batherson has been carrying and Norris is a sniper. Tkachuk is everywhere and forces his way in front of the net. It’s the perfect line and they all complement each other. Also credit to Chabot, he’s been amazing this year

Oh you mean ***Olympian Athlete Thomas Chabot
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 57
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197

Understatement.

Although I think GMs learned from Vegas not got getting robbed in all four pockets. Doesn't excuse some of the baffling picks Francis made.
capsfan2121 et yikes a aimé ceci.
14 déc. 2021 à 23 h 58
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: AustonMatthews3443
I'm pretty sure Marner started off the year in the middle of the ice on the PP but then was moved back to the halfwall after only a few games. That's how I remember it, I very well could be wrong though. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Marner in the bumper on PP1 bcuz let's be honest he's never going to get taken off PP1. With two shooting threats on the half wall in Nylander and Matthews, Marner's creativity and playmaking in the middle could be very useful in a tight area that the bumper spot on the PP plays in. The only shooting he would do would be point blank one timers from the low slot when the net front guy sneaks out to the near post and receives a pass and one touches it to the guy in the bumper, which Marner can handle, he's not really a shooting threat on the halfwall at all, but he is from the low slot. Being able to create offence from the bumper on the PP is super effective as it forces a tighter PK formation, which means more space for the shooters on the halfwall.

I agree, there is no chance Marner comes off PP1. Most likely they load it back up. But it’s hard to not look at the success they are having right now, like even when they don’t score they look super dangerous. But that’s why I’m just an ACGM
AustonMatthews3443 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 0 h 1
Hakuna Matata
I agree, there is no chance Marner comes off PP1. Most likely they load it back up. But it’s hard to not look at the success they are having right now, like even when they don’t score they look super dangerous. But that’s why I’m just an ACGM

Imagine just a hypothetical

Dubas gets Kane for double retention

PP unit 1

Nylander-Tavares-Matthews
Rielly-Kase

Unit 2

Kane-Bunting-Marner
Sandin-Spezza

Or something along those lines as then unit 2 becomes even scarier than it is rn and we get some balance

Heck do what the Oilers do and rotate Nylander and Kase for Kane and Marner and go with

Kane-Tavares-Matthews
Rielly-Marner as the sub unit 1
15 déc. 2021 à 0 h 1
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,840
So a handful of Sharks fans may have said this before (I definitely stopped believing it and you know what I was wrong)(maybe someone like @FunMustBeAlways) if the Sharks give up on Noah Gregor they are gonna regret it

This guy could be so good.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 0 h 3
Ovchinnikov 137
Imagine just a hypothetical

Dubas gets Kane for double retention

PP unit 1

Nylander-Tavares-Matthews
Rielly-Kase

Unit 2

Kane-Bunting-Marner
Sandin-Spezza

If I’m alone in this that’s fine, I don’t want Kane anywhere near the Leafs. Let some other team deal with him.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 0 h 5
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: yikes
So a handful of Sharks fans may have said this before (I definitely stopped believing it and you know what I was wrong)(maybe someone like FunMustBeAlways) if the Sharks give up on Noah Gregor they are gonna regret it

This guy could be so good.

🤔👌
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 0 h 6
Daddy
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Modifié 15 déc. 2021 à 0 h 12

100% agree, they look much more dangerous rn. It's just a question if that is because Kase is there? Or is it because they have two shooting threats on the halfwall with Nylander replacing Marner? To me, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so I would leave it as is, but it's inevitable Marner will be back on PP1, fingers crossed in the middle.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 0 h 12
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: AustonMatthews3443
100% agree, they look much more dangerous rn. It's just a question if that is because Kase is there? Or is it because they have two shooting threats on the halfwall with Nylander replacing Marner? To me, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so I would leave it as is, but it's inevitable Marner will be back on PP1, hopefully in the middle.

Even with Spezza there, who has a ridiculous shot, super dangerous. Again I’m with, no chance he comes off but at least if things go south in the playoffs you know you can have another unit to go to
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 1 h 8
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
COVID can’t stop Bruce Boudreau from winning
Teams are seriously losing to a d core of: Poolman, Myers, Juulsen, and Burroughs
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 1 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Juiceman
COVID can’t stop Bruce Boudreau from winning
Teams are seriously losing to a d core of: Poolman, Myers, Juulsen, and Burroughs

I was really rooting for you guys today.
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 6 h 17
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403
Quoting: Devil1122

Well Domi was supposed to be out for some time to start the year but was suddenly healthy on day 1 pretty much
zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 7 h 54
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 26

Jackets lose 4-3 against the Vancouver Canucks.

-Lines are getting more consistent, and consistency is something i like, but the team’s consistently putting out the lines that I don’t like. #FreeYegor.

-WE BLEW A 3-0 LEAD. TO THE GODDAMN CANUCKS. Pain.

-Jake Bean had a chance to win it for us, he had Halak dead to rights, and he HIT THE POST. The upright giveth, and the upright taketh away.

-In 14 of the last 14 road games, we’ve given up more than 3 goals. Those defensive prospects can’t come soon enough.

-I’ve seen some people put the blame on Lars for this crappy performance, and I can’t say i agree fully. He’s playing a bunch of dead wood (*cough* Danforth *cough* ) instead of the actual assets we have. On the other hand, the PLAYERS are the ones that let their foot off the gas at the end and blew the lead. Once Patty gets back into the lineup, I’d say to send down Danforth (PLEASE, Lars) and put Chinakhov in at 2LW.

Laine - Jenner - Bjorkstrand
Chinakhov -Sillinger - Voracek
Domi - Roslovic - Nyquist
Robinson - Kuraly - Texier

It does come at the expense of scratching Greg, but you can’t please everyone.
A_Habs_fan et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 8 h 17
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
I really dislike the red tails and red wolves. Warriors sound a lot better. Also our sewage spills on our fans

And this isn't even the first time they've spilled sewage on fans this year. I'm glad I chose to be a Bills fan (back when they had Kyle Orton), instead of supporting Dan Snyder and his horror show.

Behold, likely the only Washington fan happy to watch a game in FedEx Field.

https://twitter.com/russianmachine/status/1470591835152297986?s=20
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 8 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
And this isn't even the first time they've spilled sewage on fans this year. I'm glad I chose to be a Bills fan (back when they had Kyle Orton), instead of supporting Dan Snyder and his horror show.

Behold, likely the only Washington fan happy to watch a game in FedEx Field.

https://twitter.com/russianmachine/status/1470591835152297986?s=20

Is this the trade with the wtf fan jersey and oshie. What a great story. Oshie is a real on. And it was a blockbuster deal.
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2021 à 8 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
zoe-tom-wilson-mask-headline2.jpg?fit=1200%2C650&ssl=1 what a good guy
15 déc. 2021 à 8 h 25
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753

Any team would love to have him as a goalie coach.
NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage