SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

3 août 2021 à 8 h 44
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
All things considered; I’m going to assume Eichel eventually gets his advanced disc replacement surgery.

Do we even think it’s worth paying 3-5 quality assets for a guy who is literally dealing with a spinal/ neck issue (not something like a shoulder or core injury) and doing a never before seen surgery? I want Eichel to move but at the same time idk if there’s a justifiable reason to pay a ransom. Especially when telling your owner to pay a guy 10milly and could be LTIR for a while. He won’t be playing the season opener either way.

The more time passes the more I think there could be a ugly end to the Eichel/ Sabres situation (I would not call the current discourse ugly).
BuFfaLOFaN, A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 8 h 55
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: yikes
All things considered; I’m going to assume Eichel eventually gets his advanced disc replacement surgery.

Do we even think it’s worth paying 3-5 quality assets for a guy who is literally dealing with a spinal/ neck issue (not something like a shoulder or core injury) and doing a never before seen surgery? I want Eichel to move but at the same time idk if there’s a justifiable reason to pay a ransom. Especially when telling your owner to pay a guy 10milly and could be LTIR for a while. He won’t be playing the season opener either way.

The more time passes the more I think there could be a ugly end to the Eichel/ Sabres situation (I would not call the current discourse ugly).

I'm just hoping it doesn't end in a Eichel gets the surgery cause the team won't let him and they void his contract. That's worst case scenario for me.
3 août 2021 à 9 h 1
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
I'm just hoping it doesn't end in a Eichel gets the surgery cause the team won't let him and they void his contract. That's worst case scenario for me.

If Eichel gets voided that will be one of the most shocking events in recent years. Maybe I’m over selling that but that would be huge.

Sabres would get nothing and Jack would become that hottest thing since sliced bread (lol jk).
BuFfaLOFaN et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 9 h 20
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

If Eichel gets voided that will be one of the most shocking events in recent years. Maybe I’m over selling that but that would be huge.

Sabres would get nothing and Jack would become that hottest thing since sliced bread (lol jk).

Would his contract be voided, or would he be suspended without pay? Like Byfuglien was when he didn’t report to camp.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 9 h 23
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,381
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Would his contract be voided, or would he be suspended without pay? Like Byfuglien was when he didn’t report to camp.

He’d first be suspended without pay but at a certain point Buffalo may be forced to just terminate him, instead of holding him hostage
BuFfaLOFaN et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 10 h 20

That would be huge, the biggest FA to hit the market in a long time... Bigger than JohnnyT, anyone I can think of rn.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 11 h 30
Former Hockey Fan
That would be huge, the biggest FA to hit the market in a long time... Bigger than JohnnyT, anyone I can think of rn.

It’s close between him and Panarin, although Eichel gets the edge of being 2 or 3 years younger at the time he would hypothetically hit the market.
3 août 2021 à 11 h 35
It’s close between him and Panarin, although Eichel gets the edge of being 2 or 3 years younger at the time he would hypothetically hit the market.

I wouldn't call it close. Eichel would be a way bigger deal.
yikes a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 11 h 35
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
He’d first be suspended without pay but at a certain point Buffalo may be forced to just terminate him, instead of holding him hostage

Well the Sabres would obviously still be trying to trade him, except it’s less urgent because Eichel is losing money and the surgery is no longer a pressure point to get something done.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 11 h 37
Former Hockey Fan
I wouldn't call it close. Eichel would be a way bigger deal.

Oh, you were talking about the money. I was talking about the quality of player. And I guess he could get $12+ million, but definitely not this off-season, since no one can afford him at that number right now.
LeafsFan4Ever34 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 11 h 44
Oh, you were talking about the money. I was talking about the quality of player. And I guess he could get $12+ million, but definitely not this off-season, since no one can afford him at that number right now.

Both, I'd say quality, money, importance, buzz... I'd say every team except for maybe 6 would be able to upgrade their 1C. I mean teams like PIT, EDM, TOR, COL, and FLA don't need him as a C but still...
yikes a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 11 h 56
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Actually a few teams can lol. Ottawa can definitely afford to even after signing Tkachuk/Batherson/Mete. Seattle would have around 17mil to sign Eichel and Dunn, which is reasonable. Anaheim could probably do it too, they have like 19mil with Comtois/Steel to resign but those deals shouldn’t break the bank to the point where they can’t field a competitive offer to a free agent Eichel.
3 août 2021 à 12 h 4
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

Zinger, yikes et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 12 h 49
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Devil1122

So odd (not surprising tho it’s been known for months now the team wants him gone) - his days when we had Jumbo and Pavs was so good; supposedly there was a great relationship.. gotta think with less prominent leadership things changed.
Devil, A_Habs_fan et areax91 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 28
Speak of the Devil

Saskleaf, Zinger et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 34
Speak of the Devil
Trade Rumors
Igor Shesterkin will likely sign a contract, 5-6 years worth $5.75M-$6M - Vince Mercogliano
Would not be surprised if Anton Khudobin is the Oilers starting goalie next season - Jeff Marek
Blue Jackets believe Max Domi does not fit with the team and they are trying to trade him - Elliotte Friedman
Penguins are trying to move Marcus Pettersson - Elliotte Friedman
Jets are trying to move Sami Niku - Elliotte Friedman
Timo Meier to NJ rumors have been flatly denied- Elliotte Friedman
Devils are looking for a top 6 winger. Fitzgerald isn't going to chase but if the right move is there, he will do it - Corey Masisak
EsoYeezus69 et Zinger a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 35
EklundCelebriniSmith
So odd (not surprising tho it’s been known for months now the team wants him gone) - his days when we had Jumbo and Pavs was so good; supposedly there was a great relationship.. gotta think with less prominent leadership things changed.

Adding to this;

It’s interesting how many people don’t see value from leadership.

For example:

Logan Couture is stellar player, and teammate (I could assume). But as a captain; he was deserving but not… how should I put it.. ideal? He’s clearly a good leader but not a prominent or ideal leader. Pavelski and Thornton have a aura and create a atmosphere. I can relate it too a time I met Nick Foligno. Foligno gives off a leadership vibe. Bergeron; he gives off a giant vibe. Bergeron is like every players favourite guy and he’s a great leader. Williams, Toews etc.

I think the Sharks are a great example to use that Devil linked above. The team wants Kane gone. Whereas with Jumbo and Pavs; there was no voids and no kinks. There was a great relationship not just within the team but surrounding the team. Now with Couture, a good leader but not a G R E A T leader; there’s a void. No longer loud and prominent figures that don’t just have the stature of a leader but also the atmosphere of a leader. This is NOT A KNOCK piece of Couture. Couture is deserving of the C, just like McDavid was for example. But that does not mean they’re amongst the best leaders. Another example would be Tavares; who’s a good leader but not the best (this is also not knocking Tavares (when he’s down you can see it in his game and pace)). For example in Ottawa; that lack of a captain is filled by Tkachuk, Chabot, and DJ Smith (coach). And it’s clearly working in Ottawa but without DJ Smith tho; none of it would work imo.

There is immense value in leaders and a necessity that is often over looked by fans and SOMETIMES management.
A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15 et areax91 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 37
Speak of the Devil
Other rumors
Golden Knights did not fully trust MAF in net - Elliotte Friedman
All signs point to Spencer Knight being the Panthers starter - Elliotte Friedman
Stars and Predators made big pitches to Ryan Getzlaf in free agenct - Elliotte Friedman
Kings outbid the Rangers for Phillip Danault - Elliotte Friedman
Lou does not want teams to know his cap situation (rumor is that Palmieri and Parise are signed). Lou is trying to make a move first - Elliotte Friedman
AndrewLadd, EsoYeezus69 et Zinger a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 38
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Trade Rumors
Igor Shesterkin will likely sign a contract, 5-6 years worth $5.75M-$6M - Vince Mercogliano
Would not be surprised if Anton Khudobin is the Oilers starting goalie next season - Jeff Marek
Blue Jackets believe Max Domi does not fit with the team and they are trying to trade him - Elliotte Friedman

Starting a post with “Trade Rumours” immediately followed by “Igor Shesterkin” was kind of a shock lol

Probably could find a taker for Domi fairly easily if retention is in the cards.

Not sure anyone should want Pettersson at this point, but there’s probably a team that thinks he’s good for some reason. Cody Ceci keeps getting contracts after all.

Niku’s been in trade rumours for years and passed through waivers a couple times if I’m not mistaken, it might just be that nobody thinks he’s good. Winnipeg’s blueline hasn’t exactly been loaded the last few years.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 41
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Other rumors
All signs point to Spencer Knight being the Panthers starter - Elliotte Friedman
Stars and Predators made big pitches to Ryan Getzlaf in free agenct - Elliotte Friedman
Lou does not want teams to know his cap situation (rumor is that Palmieri and Parise are signed). Lou is trying to make a move first - Elliotte Friedman

That last one ab the islanders is very interesting and it seems like something Lou would do tbh. I’m excited (and a little nervous) to see what’s up his sleeve
A_Habs_fan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 53
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Alfie11
Starting a post with “Trade Rumours” immediately followed by “Igor Shesterkin” was kind of a shock lol

Probably could find a taker for Domi fairly easily if retention is in the cards.

Not sure anyone should want Pettersson at this point, but there’s probably a team that thinks he’s good for some reason. Cody Ceci keeps getting contracts after all.

Niku’s been in trade rumours for years and passed through waivers a couple times if I’m not mistaken, it might just be that nobody thinks he’s good. Winnipeg’s blueline hasn’t exactly been loaded the last few years.

Lol I should have changed that. I hope he does get traded though.

Domi should go to Seattle. He could play 1C for them

I could see Pettersson getting traded for a mid round pick
3 août 2021 à 13 h 53
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: AndrewLadd
That last one ab the islanders is very interesting and it seems like something Lou would do tbh. I’m excited (and a little nervous) to see what’s up his sleeve

Washlstrom for Tarasenko is up there I think 😬
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2021 à 13 h 57
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Im a little confused by the rumor but it does seem like something Lou would do

The Islanders have 23.6M to sign Beau, Pelech, Sorokin, Parise, and Palmieri

Beau ​= 5M
Pelech = 7M
Sorokin = 5M
Parise = 1M
Palmieri = 5M

They could squeeze it in. Im interested to see what that trade will be
3 août 2021 à 14 h 2
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Trade Rumors
Devils are looking for a top 6 winger. Fitzgerald isn't going to chase but if the right move is there, he will do it - Corey Masisak

Hopefully we can get a top 9 scoring forward from either the Oilers or a 3rd team if there's going to 3 way trade between the Stars, Oilers and the mystery team. Even if some deluded Stars fan think so, we won't be even close to winning the cup if we have Faksa on our 3rd line. We need 3 scoring lines and 1 defensive line, not half and half. Our run to the finals was one of the worst things to happen, it gave Bowness all the leverage to return as our head coach, he's an assistant coach not a main one.
3 août 2021 à 14 h 3
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Other rumors

Thank god he stayed on the Ducks, if he was going to Dallas he would've most likely gotten 5 million+.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage