Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

9 août 2021 à 20 h 19
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: Devil1122

Jesus.

$10M+ dollars is equivalent to almost 750 000 000 rubles. In one year.

Kirill better start building that Scrooge MacDuck money bin right about now lmao.

Honestly, Guerin is f*cked. With the $14M cap penalty buying out Suter and Parise kicking in, they have virtually no money to match the amount of money Kirill's getting anywhere else.

I'm starting to think we're going to see a Kaprizov trade before the Eichel one.
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, Devil and 3 others a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 20 h 34
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: SevenLeg
Teammates who have controlled scoring chances the most when they were together on the ice (min. 100 minutes) :

Regular Season

1-Pierre-Édouard Bellemare & Logan O'Connor (COL)
2-Pierre-Édouard Bellemare & Matt Calvert (COL)
3-Joel Hanley & Mark Pysyk (DAL)
4-Sam Bennett & Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA)
5-Ethan Bear & Jesse Puljujärvi (EDM)
6-Carter Verhaeghe & Keith Yandle (FLA)
7-Noah Hanifin & Derek Ryan (CGY)
8-Samuel Girard & Jacob MacDonald (COL)
9-André Burakovsky & Jacob MacDonald (COL)
10-Pierre-Édouard Bellemare & Jacob MacDonald (COL)

Playoffs

1-TJ Brodie & Morgan Rielly (TOR)
2-Mitchell Marner & Auston Matthews (TOR)
3-Brendan Gallagher & Artturi Lehkonen (MTL)
4-Zach Hyman & Auston Matthews (TOR)
5-Nicolas Hague & Zach Whitecloud (VGK)
6-Taylor Hall & David Krejci (BOS)
7-Brad Marchand & David Pastrnak (BOS)
8-Matt Grzelcyk & David Pastrnak (BOS)
9-Charlie McAvoy & David Pastrnak (BOS)
10-Phillip Danault & Artturi Lehkonen (MTL)

The moral of the story -- don't mess with Pierre-Édouard Bellemare and Jacob MacDonald

I refuse to believe numbers 1,2 and 4 in the playoffs
Saskleaf et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 20 h 35
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,495
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34

It's no secret that the Leafs were controlling the majority of the scoring chances in the playoffs. They got literally goaltended.
LeafsFan4Ever34, A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 20 h 36
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34

They might have done nothing offensively but they clearly did something defensively hence those stats
LeafsFan4Ever34 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 20 h 36
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
It's no secret that the Leafs were controlling the majority of the scoring chances in the playoffs. They got literally goaltended.

It means a lot to hear that from a habs fan lol
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 20 h 50
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,192
Teammates who have controlled scoring chances the most when they were together on the ice (min. 100 minutes) :

Regular Season

1-Pierre-Édouard Bellemare & Logan O'Connor (COL)
2-Pierre-Édouard Bellemare & Matt Calvert (COL)
3-Joel Hanley & Mark Pysyk (DAL)
4-Sam Bennett & Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA)
5-Ethan Bear & Jesse Puljujärvi (EDM)
6-Carter Verhaeghe & Keith Yandle (FLA)
7-Noah Hanifin & Derek Ryan (CGY)
8-Samuel Girard & Jacob MacDonald (COL)
9-André Burakovsky & Jacob MacDonald (COL)
10-Pierre-Édouard Bellemare & Jacob MacDonald (COL)

Playoffs

1-TJ Brodie & Morgan Rielly (TOR)
2-Mitchell Marner & Auston Matthews (TOR)
3-Brendan Gallagher & Artturi Lehkonen (MTL)
4-Zach Hyman & Auston Matthews (TOR)
5-Nicolas Hague & Zach Whitecloud (VGK)
6-Taylor Hall & David Krejci (BOS)
7-Brad Marchand & David Pastrnak (BOS)
8-Matt Grzelcyk & David Pastrnak (BOS)
9-Charlie McAvoy & David Pastrnak (BOS)
10-Phillip Danault & Artturi Lehkonen (MTL)

The moral of the story -- don't mess with Pierre-Édouard Bellemare and Jacob MacDonald

This hurts how good the leafs players are on here for the playoffs, and yet aren't good in the playoffs.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 20 h 54
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
nzVGd-58JTH3x5GPDW3Or89WWGE8SeCtHwhKsiQWl5s.jpg?auto=webp&s=945299944d0daab5529d159d6e02b6cb340f9607

I wasnt a “anime” fan before;

But man Invincible (the show that image is from for anyone wondering), is amazing. Highly recommend to anyone. Even if you dislike the concept of “anime” (which I was around).

Over a 9/10 imo.
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, SevenLeg and 3 others a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 14
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: Dzinger18

Congrats to Brady!

Is it just me or is that Kevin Hayes by Brady's left fist... I believe they were teammates in NYR.

Yeah that’s Hayes! notice jimmy vesey is also there on the far right…..
Zinger, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 15
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

Hefty payday for Kaprizov, but if he leaves Minnesota has to go all in on Eichel if they want to finish even anywhere close to the playoffs. They've got almost 20 mil in cap right now so they have no excuse not to give him what he wants. The thing is that they might not be able to give Kaprizov enough to temp him to not take the CSKA Moscow deal.
Devil et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 16
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Yeah that’s Hayes! notice jimmy vesey is also there on the far right…..

Yeah, just noticed that. Nice to see a bunch of his old teammates showing up at his wedding.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 17
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Watch Kaprizov play for CSKA and win the Gagarin cup this year, then sign with the Wild in time for the playoffs.
EsoYeezus69, MitchMarner_16, Zinger and 2 others a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 18
Quoting: Dzinger18
Yeah, just noticed that. Nice to see a bunch of his old teammates showing up at his wedding.

Cool to see this side of players. We as fans never see the bonds and friendships that are made off the ice, and sometimes it’s cool to see that.

I get they have lives and don’t want everyone to know every detail about them but it’s just neat to see
Zinger et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 18
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Watch Kaprizov play for CSKA and win the Gagarin cup this year, then sign with the Wild in time for the playoffs.

Book it
9 août 2021 à 21 h 20
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730

If the Wild are playing without Kap for the whole regular season they aren’t making the playoffs. Avs, Jets, Stars, Hawks and Blues would all make it before a Kapless Wild team, and also arguably Nashville.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 22
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
If the Wild are playing without Kap for the whole regular season they aren’t making the playoffs. Avs, Jets, Stars, Hawks and Blues would all make it before a Kapless Wild team, and also arguably Nashville.

Yeah, no Kaprizov makes their offense go from lacking depth to lacking actual good forwards ( a bit of an exaggeration but whatever )
EsoYeezus69 et yikes a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,954

Wouldn't the wild have to sign him than loan him to the KHL to make that possible

Cause unless the rule was changed there's a deadline for RFA's to be signed in order to play in the NHL in any given season. Sot if he signs a deal in the KHL I dont think he will be allowed in the NHL playoffs as the deadline for RFA's to sign and play in the NHL is Dec 1 while the Gangarin cup is from March to April.

Rules could have been changed but it seems if he signs with CSKA hes gone for the season.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 32
Quoting: aadoyle
Wouldnt the wild have to sign him than loan him to the KHL to make that possible

Cause unless the rule was changed theres a deadline for RFA's to be signed. But if he signs a deal in the KHL I doubt he will be back in time to play for the playoffs or even be allowed to play.

If Kaprizov does not sign by RFA deadline he would be ineligible to play for the rest of the season
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,954
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
If Kaprizov does not sign by RFA deadline he would be ineligible to play for the rest of the season

Yeah I was thinking that. But if he signs with CSKA isnt he not allowed to sign an NHL contract. Or would his KHL contract have an NHL out clause. Cause you got to think if he wants to do both its gonna give the wild a headache cause he first has to terminate his CSKA deal then sign a new deal then get loaned to CSKA which makes 0 sense for the wild to do lul. Like Kaprisov would be the most expensive player loaned to another team outside the NHL.

Cause I dont think I have ever seen an NHL rookie to that
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 37
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,192
Yeah I was thinking that. But if he signs with CSKA isnt he not allowed to sign an NHL contract. Or would his KHL contract have an NHL out clause. Cause you got to think if he wants to do both its gonna give the wild a headache cause he first has to terminate his CSKA deal then sign a new deal then get loaned to CSKA which makes 0 sense for the wild to do lul. Like Kaprisov would be the most expensive player loaned to another team outside the NHL.

Cause I dont think I have ever seen an NHL rookie to that

By the wording of the tweet, I would guess it has such a clause.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 38
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
This is what the Wild and Kaprizov should do in my opinion

Wild: Offer him a 3-4 year contract at 10M
Obviously, the Wild want to offer Kaprizov a long term contract but Kaprizov wants a mid term contract that would bring him to UFA. With the KHL offer, the Wild have to cave in and give Kaprizov a 3-4 year contract. The Wild keep their star player and could end up keeping him once his contract is up. If he doesn't want to stay, he could get a huge return in a trade

Kaprizov: Don't go back to the KHL
If Kaprizov only cares about money, then have fun in Russia. If he wants to make an impact in the NHL, then accept the best offer the Wild give you. Going to the KHL would ruin his reputation in the NHL and it would be a bit difficult to make his NHL comeback
Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 45
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
Aren’t the Wild such a cursed franchise tho lmao?

Parise/ Suter - massive contracts that at the time even raised eyebrows

Parise - falls off a cliff

Suter - ACTUALLY DOESNT FALL OFF A CLIFF AND IS STILL “good”

Parise/ Suter/ Wild finally get a all star forward to lead a great d core and okay group to push them over the top into a good team

Parise still kinda off the cliff but climbs up a little
Suter literally still hasn’t fallen off, he is OKAY

Parise AND SUTER are bought out

Kaprizov immediately has contractual issue with MIN

Oh and the buyouts are absolutely horrific
9 août 2021 à 22 h 1
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
This is what the Wild and Kaprizov should do in my opinion

Wild: Offer him a 3-4 year contract at 10M
Obviously, the Wild want to offer Kaprizov a long term contract but Kaprizov wants a mid term contract that would bring him to UFA. With the KHL offer, the Wild have to cave in and give Kaprizov a 3-4 year contract. The Wild keep their star player and could end up keeping him once his contract is up. If he doesn't want to stay, he could get a huge return in a trade

Kaprizov: Don't go back to the KHL
If Kaprizov only cares about money, then have fun in Russia. If he wants to make an impact in the NHL, then accept the best offer the Wild give you. Going to the KHL would ruin his reputation in the NHL and it would be a bit difficult to make his NHL comeback

Most likely the main reason why Kaprizov would consider heading to CSKA for a year is the Olympics. Provided he's healthy, he's going to get a guaranteed position in that ROC team. It's still uncertain whether NHL players are heading there or not.

Regardless, I don't think Kaprizov deserves anywhere near a $9-10M contract based on one NHL year if the term is that short and leads straight to UFA. That's just shooting themselves in the foot big time.

He's UFA on 3 years. Offer him that with the cap hit of $7M and try to deal him during that timespan for futures actually willing to play there. That's what I'd do. They can't realistically build a contending team in the next 5 years with having $14M less cap to spend compared to others.
Devil a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 22 h 10
Former Hockey Fan
Wouldn't the wild have to sign him than loan him to the KHL to make that possible

Cause unless the rule was changed there's a deadline for RFA's to be signed in order to play in the NHL in any given season. Sot if he signs a deal in the KHL I dont think he will be allowed in the NHL playoffs as the deadline for RFA's to sign and play in the NHL is Dec 1 while the Gangarin cup is from March to April.

Rules could have been changed but it seems if he signs with CSKA hes gone for the season.

Ah that’s true. I completely forgot that RFAs and reserve list players are treated differently. (Since I was thinking of Makar/Caufield/Hughes in terms of signing after their season is over)
aadoyle et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 22 h 12
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,695
Quoting: justaBoss
Most likely the main reason why Kaprizov would consider heading to CSKA for a year is the Olympics. Provided he's healthy, he's going to get a guaranteed position in that ROC team. It's still uncertain whether NHL players are heading there or not.

Regardless, I don't think Kaprizov deserves anywhere near a $9-10M contract based on one NHL year if the term is that short and leads straight to UFA. That's just shooting themselves in the foot big time.

He's UFA on 3 years. Offer him that with the cap hit of $7M and try to deal him during that timespan for futures actually willing to play there. That's what I'd do. They can't realistically build a contending team in the next 5 years with having $14M less cap to spend compared to others.

Wild made their bed & deserve to lie in it - 100%...
Reality Bites...
9 août 2021 à 22 h 13
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: McGruff
Wild made their bed & deserve to lie in it - 100%...
Reality Bites...

Ah yes, they really wasted that 5th round pick.
justaBoss, Saskleaf, Devil and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage