SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 3)

3 avr. 2021 à 0 h 6
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,529
Quoting: yikes
Lou winning GM of the year was terrible.

Guys a stubborn GM with no awareness. His way or the highway, and frankly the highway looking real good.

I mean what has HE HIMSELF done for the Isles that's notable? Trade for JGP, not offer Lehner a contract, give some extensions out to players that were already on the Isles, and trade Toews? Am I missing stuff. I can't see much that he's done other than be named Lou Lamoriello. As much as there was to complain about the previous Isles management, he just inherited the pieces he has got. I credit all the Isles success to the Isles players and coaching staff (all the coaches and trainers, although we all rag on some decisions by Trotz). And Barzal quite frankly gave this team some incredible life. I wish the Sharks bet on him, he was my desired selection 9th OA; Meier is amazing but Barzal is something else. Probably the miss I'm most salty about, I'd rank the Karlsson trade behind missing Barzal TBH; Barzal fanboy.

I think coaches get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things are bad, usually. But, the Isles were pretty terrible before Trotz took over and the lost their best player for nothing. Trotz is the best coach in the NHL, imo. He's a real difference maker and the Caps were insane to let him walk.
Saskleaf et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 0 h 13
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,243
Quoting: Brian2016
I think coaches get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things are bad, usually. But, the Isles were pretty terrible before Trotz took over and the lost their best player for nothing. Trotz is the best coach in the NHL, imo. He's a real difference maker and the Caps were insane to let him walk.

I agree Trotz is the best coach in the nhl.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 11 h 14
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,300

What is Torts doing?
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 11 h 19
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,415
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

What is Torts doing?

Trying to save his job, idk
3 avr. 2021 à 11 h 43
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,300
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Trying to save his job, idk

By scratching Roslovic? That's not how you save your job
yikes, EsoYeezus69, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 11 h 47
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,854
Currently the Sharks are in the playoff race; with major thanks to Martin Jones

7/11 of Jones’ last games have posted save percentages above .925. In 6/11 games he’s faced more than 30 shots with 2 of them being above 40 back to back.

By no means does this mean Jones has “revitalized” his career. But the Sharks have gotten above average goaltending from Jones just in time for the team to make a run for the playoffs. This makes the water around the Sharks murkier than ever. As they committed to a retool, keeping picks, focusing on youth, and willing to take cap dumps all things losing teams need to focus on. Yet the Sharks are clearly and somewhat realistically in the hunt for the playoffs. This could be seen as something that will hurt the Sharks but you can’t say it’s not exciting to see a team in the run for the playoffs when everyone including myself were down on them.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 11 h 48
SHL NJD GM

I have no idea what Torts is doing, he's a good contender coach but i think he doesn't fit CBJ anymore
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 13 h 54
SHL NJD GM
The Canucks season could be pretty much done, they have at least 8 positives in the organization and some of them are the Brazilan P.1 variant, and they are expected to announce mores cases
3 avr. 2021 à 16 h 34
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
The Canucks season could be pretty much done, they have at least 8 positives in the organization and some of them are the Brazilan P.1 variant, and they are expected to announce mores cases

I swear that last season in february the leafs had a covid outbreak. I remember players like dermott and tavares being so sick they couldnt play
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 18 h 7
SHL NJD GM
The Canucks now have 14 players in protocol, including Demko, Holtby, Hughes, Edler, Myers, Hamonic, Boyd, Hawryluk, Motte, Gaudette, Roussel, Sutter, Horvat and MacEwen, plus they have injuries to Pettersson, Bailey, Ferland, Pearson...

They won’t play another game this year I think and if they do, say hello to the Vancouver “Utica Comets” Canucks
3 avr. 2021 à 20 h 45
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Panarin is gross man. 2 goals tonight
3 avr. 2021 à 20 h 46
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Fox with another multi point game
3 avr. 2021 à 21 h 19

He tried to scratch Laine but Jarmo overruled lol.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2021 à 21 h 23
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Fox with another multi point game

starting to really wish I held on to my fox rookie cards lol.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2021 à 7 h 37
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,471
The Canucks now have 14 players in protocol, including Demko, Holtby, Hughes, Edler, Myers, Hamonic, Boyd, Hawryluk, Motte, Gaudette, Roussel, Sutter, Horvat and MacEwen, plus they have injuries to Pettersson, Bailey, Ferland, Pearson...

They won’t play another game this year I think and if they do, say hello to the Vancouver “Utica Comets” Canucks

Dallas had like 17 cases at the beginning of the season. They were around two weeks off, so I don't necessarily see VAN being out for good.

But since the cases are of the more virulent Brazilian variant, it's hard to say about the effects for Nucks. But I wouldn't expect them to return until after the deadline.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2021 à 9 h 43
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: justaBoss
Dallas had like 17 cases at the beginning of the season. They were around two weeks off, so I don't necessarily see VAN being out for good.

But since the cases are of the more virulent Brazilian variant, it's hard to say about the effects for Nucks. But I wouldn't expect them to return until after the deadline.

Some of their players are really sick and might get hospitalized and I mean if they come back it will be with a mostly taxi squad/AHL team, so if the Canucks play more games this year, I expect them to be against the top 4 teams since those games will matter but not their games against the Sens/Flames
4 avr. 2021 à 11 h 15
Some of their players are really sick and might get hospitalized and I mean if they come back it will be with a mostly taxi squad/AHL team, so if the Canucks play more games this year, I expect them to be against the top 4 teams since those games will matter but not their games against the Sens/Flames

Which players are really sick and might get hospitalized? I didn't realize how serious things were in VAN.
4 avr. 2021 à 11 h 19
SHL NJD GM
Which players are really sick and might get hospitalized? I didn't realize how serious things were in VAN.

we know there are now 16 players and 3 staff members in protocol, some cases are variants and some players have bad symptoms. we know 14 of the players: Demko, Holtby, Hughes, Edler, Myers, Hamonic, Boyd, Hawryluk, Motte, Gaudette, Roussel, Sutter, Horvat and MacEwen, but we don't know the other 2 players and the 3 staff members or who has worse symptoms or the variants, but we do know some players had a doctor come to their house and give them some treatments, i imagine we'll get more details some time later
4 avr. 2021 à 11 h 58
What in tarnation

They probably won't disclose those facts, because it's a tad more personal info.
4 avr. 2021 à 12 h 4
SHL NJD GM
They probably won't disclose those facts, because it's a tad more personal info.

Yeah, as i stated in the post above we pretty much know who has it and the numbers, and then general info but with no names attached
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2021 à 12 h 30
Just to clarify: The Brazilian variant, P-1, shows no evidence of being more virulent than the original strain. It's very contagious but not more virulent.
4 avr. 2021 à 12 h 33
we know there are now 16 players and 3 staff members in protocol, some cases are variants and some players have bad symptoms. we know 14 of the players: Demko, Holtby, Hughes, Edler, Myers, Hamonic, Boyd, Hawryluk, Motte, Gaudette, Roussel, Sutter, Horvat and MacEwen, but we don't know the other 2 players and the 3 staff members or who has worse symptoms or the variants, but we do know some players had a doctor come to their house and give them some treatments, i imagine we'll get more details some time later

I know the Devils had almost their entire team infected a couple months ago. It was brutal and it totally derailed their season. A few players reportedly experienced harsh symptoms, but nobody, as far as I know, was seriously ill. Hopefully the Canucks recover quickly.
4 avr. 2021 à 12 h 35
What in tarnation

Sounds unpleasant.
A_Habs_fan, yikes et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2021 à 12 h 40
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,854

Sounds unpleasant.

And incase it matters Pierre Lebrun has posted what’s going on schedule/ league wise for now if that matters. Things will obviously change but they’re still planning on allowing the Canucks to finish the season:
4 avr. 2021 à 12 h 40

Sounds unpleasant.

Anyone know what the vaccine situation is in Western Canada right now? Are more vulnerable people getting vaccinated? People with underlying health problems?

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage