Forums/NHL Trades

(ARI/COL) - Connauton and 2020 3rd round pick for Söderberg

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

25 juin 2019 à 21 h 57
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,522
I thought COL needed more scoring depth ASAP? What's the deal here? They must be ready to pursue a big time UFA...
25 juin 2019 à 22 h 26
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
Quoting: moli92
Avs probably won't sign a backup goalie, Francouz will likely back up grubauer. But we could use an AHL starter

Francouz is inconstistent imo and their are so many good backups on the market
26 juin 2019 à 3 h 56
J.L.
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Quoting: EthanK24
May I ask why? (To Joe Sakic)

I guess they're after Marner.
26 juin 2019 à 5 h 20
Go Flames Go!
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 50
Not a bad trade from Colorado. Soderberg is still overpayed and they got a pretty good defenseman + a pick. Oh, and without a salary retention also.

Lets see whos Colorado gonna sign in free agency and how much will the RFA's on the team get.

P.S. I didnt know that Soderberg is a UFA next year, so thats why there is now retention.
26 juin 2019 à 6 h 17
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Francouz is inconstistent imo and their are so many good backups on the market

How? He has only played 2 NHL games and has been fantastic in both... Its a small sample size but after his AHL season he looks ready for a backup role
26 juin 2019 à 7 h 48
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,603
Avs probably won't sign a backup goalie, Francouz will likely back up grubauer. But we could use an AHL starter

Edmonton will trade you the rights to Hayden Hawkey for a 2020 5th. What do you think?
26 juin 2019 à 11 h 17
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
How? He has only played 2 NHL games and has been fantastic in both... Its a small sample size but after his AHL season he looks ready for a backup role

I just think their are better options available with more of a sample size Keith Kinkaid for example
GMTD a aimé ceci.
26 juin 2019 à 11 h 45
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25
Ian Cole and Erik Johnson are both penalty killing dman for the Avs who may miss the beginning of the season after off season surgery. Johnson for a shoulder and Cole for both hips. Connauton can play the PK. He does not need to be a workhorse, and for his contract and status, he won't be expected to be. The Avs leveraged what they had for some blue line insurance.

As for Soderberg, he will be able to get back to 3C position that seems more natural to him behind Stepan and Dvorak and the Avs can open up ice time for Compher and Jost down the middle. Also, as much as much as I like Big Ole Carl on and off the ice, he will turn 34 in the first month of the season, so maybe a role step back will be a good thing for his productivity in a contract year.

There really is no loser here. Both teams and players got what they needed.
DragonRaptorHybrid et Zubrowka a aimé ceci.
26 juin 2019 à 20 h 6
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
I just think their are better options available with more of a sample size Keith Kinkaid for example

Meh, I'd rather not overpay for a below average UFA goalie when we can fill the hole from within the organization
29 juin 2019 à 2 h 27
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I think the Avs lose here since I liked him thinking he was a bit under rated or appreciated his entire career sorta flying under radar but vital at times... I would probably like him more for a run this year over Caps russian Burokovsky or whatever haha... I think this was done for that or the weird buyout... I would have rather they retained salary trading Marleau instead of a buying out move... Or tell him he is under contract he will play or wont get paid smile. I think ARZ has a better shot to make playoffs since California teams are on verge of collapse like their state... VEgas is horrible its only when will Fleury get hurt early in season to point they miss playoffs or mid to 3/4 point. Fleury is a concussion away from his career ending for good. All this is good for Seattle who will have a 50-85% chance to get into post season w/ Pacific being filled w/ weak cap strap talent lacking teams who don't understand value of right shot D-men especially LA and Vegas.... Sharks have issues on their left side when Dillon is their Best D-man there over Vlasic even... Though played like 6 minutes against Vegas when elimination was a risk in a certain game smile.
29 sept. 2019 à 12 h 43
Former Hockey Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Now that Connauton is on waivers this is a massive loss for the Avs.
30 sept. 2019 à 12 h 32
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: EthanK24
Now that Connauton is on waivers this is a massive loss for the Avs.

They offloaded Soderberg's contract. I wouldn't call it an L
palhal a aimé ceci.
30 sept. 2019 à 15 h 27
Former Hockey Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: HabsForEver
They offloaded Soderberg's contract. I wouldn't call it an L

It’s 1 year, and it’s really not that bad. Plus Colorado definitely doesn’t need the cap space.
1 oct. 2019 à 15 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,681
People forget that prior to Soderberg's back to back renaissance seasons, many including myself thought of him as a cap dump after posting just 14 points the year prior. I think Colorado wanted to dump him while the value was there. I don't think Colorado was looking at Connauton as the main factor in this trade, simply someone they had to take back in cap and had a possibility of maybe cracking the team.

This was Soderberg for a 3rd essentially. If Soderberg continues to produce 30-40 points I think both teams are perfectly fine with this deal.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage