Forums/Armchair-GM

OTTAWA FANS NEED TO STOP OVERVALUING KARLSSON EXPLAINED

Créé par: Bloodykisame
Équipe: 2018-19 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 18 mai 2018
Publié: 18 mai 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Karlsson is turning 29 so prime age which is good for a playoff team which is just off of being considered a stanley cup favorite or even an average team barely making the playoffs. But he has 1 year left will not be resigning with ottawa and doesnt gaurente whatever team that takes him he will choose to come back either. He is coming back some serious injurie surgerys and it has severely affected him since his last state hence a value drop. He is still a top 10 defenceman just not the top 2/3 he used to be. He is also a defence liability when he doesnt have the puck and its been exploited. Once again stating that he is ESSENTIALLY A RENTAL as of now so his value is decreased.
Ranger Fan who wants nothing to do with Karlsson just annoyed from ottawa fans over valuing all the time.
Transactions
OTT
  1. Draisaitl, Leon
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2018 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Karlsson, Erik
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2019 (PIT)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CGY
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1880 000 000 $61 475 833 $0 $360 000 $18 524 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
5 187 500 $5 187 500 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
4 650 000 $4 650 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
650 000 $650 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C
UFA - 1
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 7
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance360 000 $$360K)
DG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,120
As we have seen from Karlsson's record as player....one player can't lead a team to playoff success. Ottawa has had only one Cup with Karlsson, so let's not over value what one player can do.
Most of the trades posted lately for Karlsson have been very poor value. Term is so important in trades now. Ottawa fans have been "selfish" in this regard. Gee, there has been a gross amount of "selfish" from Montreal fans to regarding the trading of Patches also.
And let's just imagine Karlsson for Draisaitl was a deal. Yeah it would be beneficial for Oilers for a year. But it's not like you're getting full value for Karlsson, you have subtract the value of the Oilers not having Draisaitl.

Look at the list above, many of these Dmen just have one year left till UFA. Their trade value is much lower than their one year playing value.
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 17
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,853
I agree with the main point of this take that Karlsson is being overvalued on this site. But I have different reasons. He is definitely a top 5 guy in this league. However, he'll need an extension. Even more importantly, not many teams are in the market for a franchise defenseman. Some teams have plenty of RD (CGY, CAR, LA, MTL, etc), some teams don't have the assets to give up. This means of the 30 other teams in the league, only 5 or 6 can afford to acquire Karlsson. Throw in Karlsson's NTC/NMC whichever one he has, and suddenly Ottawa has very few trading partners. When demand goes down, price goes down, simple economics.
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 39
LobbysOilers
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 189
Quoting: math731
You're not even able to spell the names of Werenski and Provorov... Weber is easily above Dumba, Pesce, Giordano and Spurgeon. I would even add Klefbom...

Lmfao Giordano is a top 10 dman in the NHL. Your main gripe is spelling on a rough list, which proves my point further
Price_is_the_goat a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 51
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,812
Quoting: LobbysOilers

thats 33 that are head and shoulders better defensemen than weber. i can go through more but i think those would be a little more controversial and more preference. theyre in no particular order btw

Before Subban - Weber trade: "Booooo! Subban is overrated" "he didn't desever his Norris trophy" "he has no class!" "Weber is one of the top Dman in this league"

After Subban - Weber trade: "Weber is old!" "He can't skate!" blah blah blah

You were definitely one of those guys weren't you?

And Weber is better than half of the people you listed. Weber is in the 15 range imo. Most of the guys on that list will eventually pass him with the younger guys approaching their prime and when Weber will be at the tail end of his career. but you somehow think he's already there at 32 years olds, what a joke.
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 58
LobbysOilers
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 189
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Before Subban - Weber trade: "Booooo! Subban is overrated" "he didn't desever his Norris trophy" "he has no class!" "Weber is one of the top Dman in this league"

After Subban - Weber trade: "Weber is old!" "He can't skate!" blah blah blah

You were definitely one of those guys weren't you?

And Weber is better than half of the people you listed. Weber is in the 15 range imo. Most of the guys on that list will eventually pass him with the younger guys approaching their prime and when Weber will be at the tail end of his career. but you somehow think he's already there at 32 years olds, what a joke.

every single player i mentioned is better than weber in most facets of the game based on virtually every underlying stat available
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 59
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
every single player i mentioned is better than weber in most facets of the game based on virtually every underlying stat available

Eh, not exactly true. Weber is still above someone like Dougie Hamilton and Oscar Klefbom or Ryan Ellis.
18 mai 2018 à 22 h 56
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,812

Weber is still legitimately one of the hardest players to play against, as voted by all the players in NHL.
Only pulling stats from when he joined the Habs in 2016 (where he apparently became a fossil) Weber, and having played around 50 games less than everyone else, is still tied for 1st in the NHL in PP goals by a defensemen with 14 (tied with OEL and Josi, and above guys like Burns). Weber is still top 10 in ice time averages with 25:08. Weber was top 10 in average ice time shorthanded at 02:58.
19 mai 2018 à 13 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,769
In what world do you live on??

@F50marco @EthanK24 @ricochetii @Price_is_the_goat @KSIxSKULLS @Truebeliever, please save me from this madness!

Its tough convincing people on this site of reality sometimes. All they see is term and salary and nothing else. Too many people look at Weber and see 8 years 7.8M and what he'll be in year 7 of that deal. What about the 1-5 where he'll still be Montreals best dman? Doesn't matter, he'll probably suck at age 38......

I don't care anymore to be honest. The only ones whose opinions I really care to know are the NHL GM's. From what I've been able to gather, they still respect and love what Weber brings. If MB decides to move Weber, there will be plenty of interest. Obviously that doesn't mean Dahlin, Eichel and picks for Weber so people have to look past the Habs fans that don't know player evaluations worth **** who keep making these terrible trade scenarios but by that same token there are some non Habs fans who put Weber on bottom pairing, cap dump territory too which just go to show how little they really know.
Price_is_the_goat, ricochetii, nobody and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2018 à 13 h 35
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,640

@F50marco @EthanK24 @ricochetii @Price_is_the_goat @KSIxSKULLS @Truebeliever, please save me from this madness!

Does a stupid fans opinion on Shea Weber matter or a hockey execs and fellow hockey players? Just read the latest NHLPA poll and you'll see how respected Shea Weber is by fellow nhl players. Subban's name isn't even on that list. Subban is all flash. He's a great hockey player, but he's all flash. I mean everyone was saying that he will have a big game 7 against the jets and you know what he does the whole game? Dives and complains. Thats it. He's not a team player. He's his own brand. Weber on the other hand? Hockey execs droll over him. Listen to a 31 thoughts podcast from mid april in which Dale Tallon was interviews. Look at how he describes Shea Weber. Look at how David Poile describes him. Look at how Mike Babcock describes him. All you have to do is watch a single game of Weber and you'll know why he's a superior d-man. Not only can he shut down the best defensively but he has a bomb of a shot from the point and can rack up 50 plus points a season. Anyone who says that he's not a top 10 D man in the league is a complete ******. A dumbass fans opinion doesn't matter. He's probably sitting there on his couch dictating that he knows more about hockey then an experienced professional nhl exec, coach or player. Cheers
19 mai 2018 à 13 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,769
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
Does a stupid fans opinion on Shea Weber matter or a hockey execs and fellow hockey players? Just read the latest NHLPA poll and you'll see how respected Shea Weber is by fellow nhl players. Subban's name isn't even on that list. Subban is all flash. He's a great hockey player, but he's all flash. I mean everyone was saying that he will have a big game 7 against the jets and you know what he does the whole game? Dives and complains. Thats it. He's not a team player. He's his own brand. Weber on the other hand? Hockey execs droll over him. Listen to a 31 thoughts podcast from mid april in which Dale Tallon was interviews. Look at how he describes Shea Weber. Look at how David Poile describes him. Look at how Mike Babcock describes him. All you have to do is watch a single game of Weber and you'll know why he's a superior d-man. Not only can he shut down the best defensively but he has a bomb of a shot from the point and can rack up 50 plus points a season. Anyone who says that he's not a top 10 D man in the league is a complete ******. A dumbass fans opinion doesn't matter. He's probably sitting there on his couch dictating that he knows more about hockey then an experienced professional nhl exec, coach or player. Cheers

See, this helps fuel the fire though for the wrong side. Forget Subban for Weber. Who cares of they were traded for each other. Two different hockey players. Both amazing at what they do. Bringing down Subban to prop up Weber is unfair to Subban who is his right way is a great player too whether or not you like his antics.

Both are great players but due to age difference, Subban is simply a better asset. With that said, that doesn't mean by default Weber is a bad asset which some feel that is what it has to mean now. One wins and one loses. There can only be one!

People on this site are too Black/White. Yes/No. Good/Bad. Amazing/Sucks......etc. Its far more grey than they make it out to be.
Blazingbat11 a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2018 à 14 h 2
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,092
Not even a year ago: https://www.nhl.com/news/top-20-defenseman-nhl-top-players/c-290772362

Weber at no. 9

Age equals experience for defensemen. Speed/slow-down matters much less for those that don't rely on it and use their body, reach, and most importantly, positioning. Weber uses all three effectively and is also an offensive threat.

The age and contract concerns are years away and nowhere near as bad as they are made out to be. He'll still be good and will be moveable if he isn't good enough.
19 mai 2018 à 14 h 47
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,640
Quoting: ricochetii
Not even a year ago: https://www.nhl.com/news/top-20-defenseman-nhl-top-players/c-290772362

Weber at no. 9

Age equals experience for defensemen. Speed/slow-down matters much less for those that don't rely on it and use their body, reach, and most importantly, positioning. Weber uses all three effectively and is also an offensive threat.

The age and contract concerns are years away and nowhere near as bad as they are made out to be. He'll still be good and will be moveable if he isn't good enough.

big buff is 32 and having an amazing year. burns is 32. had an excellent year. ryan suter is still a pillar on the wild blue line and it was evident in the playoffs as to how much they missed him. but when weber is 32, he's old and slow????
19 mai 2018 à 18 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
not a single word of that is true. weber sucks defensively but is still an elite offensive defender. hes not even a top 30 dman though

@LobbysOilers This may be the single worst comment in all of capfriendly ever. And that’s saying something.
19 mai 2018 à 19 h 10
Mentions "j'aime": 430
Quoting: F50marco
Its tough convincing people on this site of reality sometimes. All they see is term and salary and nothing else. Too many people look at Weber and see 8 years 7.8M and what he'll be in year 7 of that deal. What about the 1-5 where he'll still be Montreals best dman? Doesn't matter, he'll probably suck at age 38......

I don't care anymore to be honest. The only ones whose opinions I really care to know are the NHL GM's. From what I've been able to gather, they still respect and love what Weber brings. If MB decides to move Weber, there will be plenty of interest. Obviously that doesn't mean Dahlin, Eichel and picks for Weber so people have to look past the Habs fans that don't know player evaluations worth **** who keep making these terrible trade scenarios but by that same token there are some non Habs fans who put Weber on bottom pairing, cap dump territory too which just go to show how little they really know.

Here you go: The NHLPA Players' Poll lists Weber the 4th hardest player in the NHL to play against. He is the #3 Toughest Dman and the #4 best role model. (BTW, Subban doesn't rate in any category). I think that probably trumps pretty much every other opinion on this site.

PS -- Price is still considered the #1 hardest goalie to face, so please don't trade him either.
19 mai 2018 à 19 h 18

You're out of your mind. This year's NHLPA Players' Poll (click here) lists Weber the 4th hardest player in the NHL to play against. He is the #3 Toughest Dman and the #4 best role model. (since you brought him up, Subban doesn't rate in any category). I think that probably trumps pretty much every other opinion on this site.
19 mai 2018 à 19 h 37
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Eh, not exactly true. Weber is still above someone like Dougie Hamilton and Oscar Klefbom or Ryan Ellis.

Weber is quite literally above everyone but Karlsson and Doughty, according to the NHL players themselves. https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2017-18
19 mai 2018 à 19 h 38
Quoting: palhal
As we have seen from Karlsson's record as player....one player can't lead a team to playoff success. Ottawa has had only one Cup with Karlsson...,

Did I miss the parade?
19 mai 2018 à 20 h 8
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,120
Quoting: Truebeliever
Did I miss the parade?

Quoting: Truebeliever
Did I miss the parade?

Gee, thanks, I meant to say one Cup run....they reached the final four once. In EKs seven years...a I believe it's three playoff round wins.
20 mai 2018 à 7 h 9
Quoting: palhal
Gee, thanks, I meant to say one Cup run....they reached the final four once. In EKs seven years...a I believe it's three playoff round wins.

In a way, I was supporting your point.
25 juin 2018 à 21 h 38
GoCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 532
Karlsson is the best D man in the league?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage