Forums/Armchair-GM

OTTAWA FANS NEED TO STOP OVERVALUING KARLSSON EXPLAINED

Créé par: Bloodykisame
Équipe: 2018-19 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 18 mai 2018
Publié: 18 mai 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Karlsson is turning 29 so prime age which is good for a playoff team which is just off of being considered a stanley cup favorite or even an average team barely making the playoffs. But he has 1 year left will not be resigning with ottawa and doesnt gaurente whatever team that takes him he will choose to come back either. He is coming back some serious injurie surgerys and it has severely affected him since his last state hence a value drop. He is still a top 10 defenceman just not the top 2/3 he used to be. He is also a defence liability when he doesnt have the puck and its been exploited. Once again stating that he is ESSENTIALLY A RENTAL as of now so his value is decreased.
Ranger Fan who wants nothing to do with Karlsson just annoyed from ottawa fans over valuing all the time.
Transactions
OTT
  1. Draisaitl, Leon
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2018 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Karlsson, Erik
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2019 (PIT)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CGY
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1880 000 000 $61 475 833 $0 $360 000 $18 524 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
5 187 500 $5 187 500 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
4 650 000 $4 650 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
650 000 $650 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C
UFA - 1
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 7
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance360 000 $$360K)
DG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 mai 2018 à 19 h 55
LobbysOilers
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 189
hard no from me, not even if it was 1 for 1
18 mai 2018 à 19 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 118
PREACH MY MAN!!!
18 mai 2018 à 19 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 118
Quoting: LobbysOilers
hard no from me, not even if it was 1 for 1

For what side?
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Exactly, they need to temper their expectations.

EK is still one of the most dynamic Dman in the game but a 29 year old 1 year removed from UFA who is going to get a monster contract. Teams are not going to tear down their farm system or pipeline.
They will get a good return but won't be getting 4 or 5 high end draft pieces. You are trading for and resigning to a mega deal with the majority of his prime hockey years already gone. He will be a 10m Dman for a couple more seasons, but after that....are you going to have a Seabrooks in Chicago situation or Weber in Montreal where the price and the current on ice product just dont match up.
RedWing9119 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 18
Zuke is the goat
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,571
Quoting: coga16

EK is still one of the most dynamic Dman in the game but a 29 year old 1 year removed from UFA who is going to get a monster contract. Teams are not going to tear down their farm system or pipeline.
They will get a good return but won't be getting 4 or 5 high end draft pieces. You are trading for and resigning to a mega deal with the majority of his prime hockey years already gone. He will be a 10m Dman for a couple more seasons, but after that....are you going to have a Seabrooks in Chicago situation or Weber in Montreal where the price and the current on ice product just dont match up.

He isn't 29 years old... He is 27 years old and will be 28 the 31th of may...
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 19
Quoting: math731
He isn't 29 years old... He is 27 years old and will be 28 the 31th of may...

Sorry I combined thoughts, being 29 at the time of an extension. Point still remains. Shelling out 7 or 8 years..at conservatively 10m aav to a guy that takes him through his late 30s. Not ideal especially if you are giving up 3 or 4 19-21 year old assets
math731 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 21
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: coga16

Weber isn't a bullet... He still one of the 15 best Dmen of the league... Before his injurie, he got 16pts in 25 games, which is equal to 52 pts on a complete season.... And still really great defensively.
TkachukNorris79 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 23
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,783
Weber isn't a bullet... He still one of the 15 best Dmen of the league... Before his injurie, he got 16pts in 25 games, which is equal to 52 pts on a complete season.... And still really great defensively.

You forgot that on this website Weber is 47 years old and his contract is going to last another century.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 24
TkachukNorris79
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 377
"He's turning 29". He literally hasn't even turned 28 yet.

"He's a top 10 guy but not the 2/3 he used to be". Wrong. Karlsson, Doughty, Hedman (in no specific order). Shouldn't even be a debate.

"He's a defensive liability when he doesn't have the puck". This past year he wasn't the greatest defensively, yeah. But the 3 years prior he was very solid and he led the league in blocked shots the year before which led to his injury. That's probably a decent stat for when you don't have the puck.

"He is coming off major surgery, less value". He had a horrible first 30 games for his standard. And after that, was himself. He missed an entire offseason and was forced to play with Johnny Oduya. He missed some games at the beginning of the year due to his foot and at the end due to the very unfortunate family reasons. He was still the most productive offensive defenceman in the NHL (0.87 PPG). Even after a bad start, and he did that on a team who was 26th in the league in goals for.

I think that Drai+EDM 1st is fair value for him. Your valuation is good. But your rationale in the description was trash. Your "facts" are hilarious and inaccurate. Watch some games.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 24

Yes, Weber played 26 games last season bc of Injury.at 32 years old, hes not young pup that major injuries like that are easy to recover from. Will enter this season at 33. He is moving closer and closer to the tail end of his good years. Being signed to 7.8m to hes 40...lets not pretend like its some amazing contract at this point of his career

im not saying hes bad, Im saying that there should be concerns moving forward based on his age coming off a big injury
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 26
TkachukNorris79
Quoting: MelnykOut

"He's a top 10 guy but not the 2/3 he used to be". Wrong. Karlsson, Doughty, Hedman. (in no specific order) Shouldn't even be a debate.

"He's a defensive liability when he doesn't have the puck". This past year he wasn't the greatest defensively, yeah. But the 3 years prior he was very solid and he led the league in blocked shots the year before which led to his injury. That's probably a decent stat for when you don't have the puck.

"He is coming off major surgery, less value". He had a horrible first 30 games for his standard. And after that, was himself. He missed an entire offseason and was forced to play with Johnny Oduya. He missed some games at the beginning of the year due to his foot and at the end due to the very unfortunate family reasons. He was still the most productive offensive defenceman in the NHL (0.87 PPG). Even after a bad start, and he did that on a team who was 26th in the league in goals for.

I think that Drai+EDM 1st is fair value for him. Your valuation is good. But your rationale in the description was trash. Your "facts" are hilarious and inaccurate. Watch some games.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 33
LobbysOilers

not a single word of that is true. weber sucks defensively but is still an elite offensive defender. hes not even a top 30 dman though
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 36
TkachukNorris79
not a single word of that is true. weber sucks defensively but is still an elite offensive defender. hes not even a top 30 dman though

This is a bad take. Weber is easily a top 30 defender. That fact may not last more than a year or two. But as of now, he is easily a top 30.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 37
Zuke is the goat

Still better than each of your Dmens in Edmonton...
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Next Gen
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 269

"He's a top 10 guy but not the 2/3 he used to be". Wrong. Karlsson, Doughty, Hedman (in no specific order). Shouldn't even be a debate.

subban easily bumps out karlsson and there is still burns in that discussion, Points isnt everything yes its good he had great numbers but him without the puck is atrocious for what you expect and im off by 1 year on age, karlsson isnt top 5 anymore and probably wont return to that stage because of his defensive ability is not near as good as he is offensively. Saying Wrong doesnt mean you are right afterwards you didnt give a explanation to why i was wrong just stated and walked off...should probably watch some hockey and see this evidence in the act.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 41
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,285
Can you imagine trading leon and a first rounder for this clown and he walks after a year. Chiarelli get right on that.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 43
LobbysOilers
Still better than each of your Dmens in Edmonton...

thats both false and irrelevant lol
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 43
LobbysOilers
Quoting: Bloodykisame
subban easily bumps out karlsson and there is still burns in that discussion, Points isnt everything yes its good he had great numbers but him without the puck is atrocious for what you expect and im off by 1 year on age, karlsson isnt top 5 anymore and probably wont return to that stage because of his defensive ability is not near as good as he is offensively. Saying Wrong doesnt mean you are right afterwards you didnt give a explanation to why i was wrong just stated and walked off...should probably watch some hockey and see this evidence in the act.

lolololol burns bumping out karlsson... karlsson is the best dman in the league without question
TkachukNorris79 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 44
Molson beer is meh

In what world do you live on??

@F50marco @EthanK24 @ricochetii @Price_is_the_goat @KSIxSKULLS @Truebeliever, please save me from this madness!
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 50
TkachukNorris79

So where are you gathering your *opinion* from? I absolutely guarantee you that I watch more of Erik Karlsson than you. He turns over the puck a decent amount, but just as much as Doughty and Subban and Burns do.

To call him atrocious in his own end is absolutely whack. Please present some evidence for this.

This guy makes some defensive plays sometimes that only a handful of guys in the league can make, and it's great to watch. The fact that everyone thinks Karlsson is horrible defensively is the most hilarious myth. It's mostly because of his plus/minus (which is the worst stat in hockey).
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 53
LobbysOilers
This is a bad take. Weber is easily a top 30 defender. That fact may not last more than a year or two. But as of now, he is easily a top 30.

karlsson
doughty
subban
hedman
giordano
OEL
Pietrangelo
Parayko
burns
josi
ekholm
petry
carlsson
letang
byfuglien
wierenski
proverov
hamilton
lindholm
brodie
ellis
slavin
spurgeon
suter
pesce
keith
klefbom
rielly
jones
barrie
dumba
ekblad

thats 33 that are head and shoulders better defensemen than weber. i can go through more but i think those would be a little more controversial and more preference. theyre in no particular order btw
18 mai 2018 à 20 h 59
Molson beer is meh
So where are you gathering your *opinion* from? I absolutely guarantee you that I watch more of Erik Karlsson than you. He turns over the puck a decent amount, but just as much as Doughty and Subban and Burns do.

To call him atrocious in his own end is absolutely whack. Please present some evidence for this.

This guy makes some defensive plays sometimes that only a handful of guys in the league can make, and it's great to watch. The fact that everyone thinks Karlsson is horrible defensively is the most hilarious myth. It's mostly because of his plus/minus (which is the worst stat in hockey).

As a Habs fan in OTT, I've seen my fare share of Karlsson. I'll say that Karlsson was terrible in his own end, even when he won his 1st Norris trophy. Which kinda of ticked me off more about him with all the praise he was getting. However, Since probably 2015 (his 2nd Norris) Karlsson has been a beast defensively. I personally think he was more deserving of winning the Norris again when Doughty won.
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 2
TkachukNorris79
karlsson
doughty
subban
hedman
giordano
OEL
Pietrangelo
Parayko
burns
josi
ekholm
petry
carlsson
letang
byfuglien
wierenski
proverov
hamilton
lindholm
brodie
ellis
slavin
spurgeon
suter
pesce
keith
klefbom
rielly
jones
barrie
dumba
ekblad

thats 33 that are head and shoulders better defensemen than weber. i can go through more but i think those would be a little more controversial and more preference. theyre in no particular order btw

Petry, Brodie are not even close to Weber. I don't really watch enough of Spurgeon to count him out. Klefbom and Pesce are not as good as Weber either, but they'll probably surpass him by 2020.

Definitely a tough list to come up with, but one name I noticed you left off is Orlov. Man this guy is so underrated and is playing such a big part in WSH success.

But yeah I think Weber is between 20-30 still. His reputation gets tarnished a bit due to the Subban trade (kinda like Larsson). Weber and Larsson are both very good defensemen but the people tend to compare them to who they got traded for, and Hall and Subban are farrrr more superior. Definitely affects people's perception on them.
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 3
Zuke is the goat
karlsson
doughty
subban
hedman
giordano
OEL
Pietrangelo
Parayko
burns
josi
ekholm
petry
carlsson
letang
byfuglien
wierenski
proverov
hamilton
lindholm
brodie
ellis
slavin
spurgeon
suter
pesce
keith
klefbom
rielly
jones
barrie
dumba
ekblad

You're not even able to spell the names of Werenski and Provorov... Weber is easily above Dumba, Pesce, Giordano and Spurgeon. I would even add Klefbom...
18 mai 2018 à 21 h 8
TkachukNorris79

Watch this. Half of these are from ONE single game against Carolina. Watch it and tell me that he is atrocious defensively. https://youtu.be/JQe2YoY0dhM
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage