is tavares a top 10 forward in the NHL
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

30 sept. 2017 à 17 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,981
Quoting: exo2769
Mhockey. My man. You have (2) Dallas stars in your top 7. Feel free to knock the list. A single word response is weak.

I was gonna comment something else, then deleted it. Thus writing deleted. And Seguin and Benn are probably the 2nd Best duo in the NHL behind Crosby and geno. Both are top 10 in my books. They had an off year but they’ll both put up 80+ this season. How do u not include Benn. He’s an art Ross winner....
30 sept. 2017 à 18 h 20
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 10,626
Modifié 30 sept. 2017 à 18 h 28
Quoting: mhockey91

I was gonna comment something else, then deleted it. Thus writing deleted. And Seguin and Benn are probably the 2nd Best duo in the NHL behind Crosby and geno. Both are top 10 in my books. They had an off year but they’ll both put up 80+ this season. How do u not include Benn. He’s an art Ross winner....

Ah, that makes sense. I'm sorry for jumping on you about that. If I could do it over again I'd do what Philly did and put them in tiers. Benn is a REALLY REALLY good player and he did make my honorable mention list with a note saying I'd like to see a bounce back year from him. I do agree with you that he and seguin are one of the best duos. THAT CAN BE OUR NEXT LIST!!! (McDavid Drai???) It was really hard to make that list. I think I spent an hour on it and I'd probably still tinker with it. I left Seguin off it entirely which I would include him in the honorable mention section. How to you measure Matthews? he has 1 year worth of work, but last year he scored more than Benn and he played with 2 other ELCs. Benn and Seguin play on the same line. I do think they're a great duo that had a rough year. I would expect Benn to be back in it next year. I also think Stamkos will be back in it next year too. I hope he plays 80+ games this year. Who do they kick out??? It's hard

OR another forum I'd LOVE to talk about is which team is the team of the future!!! EDM or TOR??? And the answer...which team has Chiarelli as their GM...hahahaha I'm just joking...kinda
30 sept. 2017 à 18 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: exo2769
Quoting: mhockey91

Ah, that makes sense. I'm sorry for jumping on you about that. If I could do it over again I'd do what Philly did and put them in tiers. Benn is a REALLY REALLY good player and he did make my honorable mention list with a note saying I'd like to see a bounce back year from him. I do agree with you that he and seguin are one of the best duos. THAT CAN BE OUR NEXT LIST!!! (McDavid Drai???) It was really hard to make that list. I think I spent an hour on it and I'd probably still tinker with it. I left Seguin off it entirely which I would include him in the honorable mention section. How to you measure Matthews? he has 1 year worth of work, but last year he scored more than Benn and he played with 2 other ELCs. Benn and Seguin play on the same line. I do think they're a great duo that had a rough year. I would expect Benn to be back in it next year. I also think Stamkos will be back in it next year too. I hope he plays 80+ games this year. Who do they kick out??? It's hard

OR another forum I'd LOVE to talk about is which team is the team of the future!!! EDM or TOR??? And the answer...which team has Chiarelli as their GM...hahahaha I'm just joking...kinda

Matthews is hard to judge cause like you said based on last year he deserves to be in the top 10 but it’s hard to judge someone off only one year of work. And totally agree with you on the Edmonton joke. Chirelli is a wrecking ball. I pray for mcdavid
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
30 sept. 2017 à 20 h 43
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,388
Quoting: phillyjabroni
For what it is worth, here are my top-ten forwards:

1.) Sidney Crosby
1.) Connor McDavid
3.) Patrick Kane
4.) Vladimir Tarensenko
5.) Steven Stamkos
6.) John Tavares
7.) Nicklas Backstorm
7.) Jonathon Toews
9.) Jamie Benn
9.) Nikita Kucherov
9.) Patrice Bergeron

I personally hate using "top number" when listing players. I prefer to use "tiers" to rank players, such as "Elite", "Tier 1", Tier 2...", etc.

Listing players also assumes that there is a standard deviation of a whole "1 rank", when it may just be "0.5" or "1.5" between ranks.

You're definitely overthinking this too much lmao.

And how is Toews in the top 10? If you're going to throw me some advanced statistic, just tell me that it's an advanced stat. Save yourself the time by not typing it out, I won't look at it anyways lmao
1 oct. 2017 à 15 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 128
I know it doesn't mean much, but NHL has Tavares as the 19th best player right now.

For reference, their top 10 are
McDavid
Crosby
Karlsson
Kane
Malkin
Burns
Price
Matthews
Kucherov
Holtby
1 oct. 2017 à 16 h 13
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,838
Quoting: mtdavis311
I know it doesn't mean much, but NHL has Tavares as the 19th best player right now.

McDavid
Crosby
Karlsson
Kane
Malkin
Burns
Price
Matthews
Kucherov
Holtby

While its hard to compare Goalies to forwards and Dmen. I accept all the players listed above Price, except for Burns. I can't see how anyone could put Burns ahead of Price, everyone else though I 100% can see valid reasoning behind it.
2 oct. 2017 à 16 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Quoting: mtdavis311

McDavid
Crosby
Karlsson
Kane
Malkin
Burns
Price
Matthews
Kucherov
Holtby

While its hard to compare Goalies to forwards and Dmen. I accept all the players listed above Price, except for Burns. I can't see how anyone could put Burns ahead of Price, everyone else though I 100% can see valid reasoning behind it.

I got stamkos and Tavares over kucherov. and I think burns will regress this season
3 oct. 2017 à 20 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
No. I can easily name 10 better. Maybe top 15 though?
3 oct. 2017 à 20 h 48
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Just so you know, none of them are Bruins
4 oct. 2017 à 1 h 42
Quoting: krakowitz

Bergeron is EASILY one......we are talking complete hockey players right? Not just offensive stats?
4 oct. 2017 à 11 h 50
Emotionally in 2018

Bergeron is EASILY one......we are talking complete hockey players right? Not just offensive stats?

I'm so done with your bias, as is everyone else on this site
DoctorBreakfast, Kotkaniemi15, Blazingbat11 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2017 à 12 h 20

More to hockey than just stats

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage