SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Drouin as #1 Center. Thoughts?

16 sept. 2017 à 16 h 59
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,800
#1 line at camp so far is Patches-Drouin-Hemsky. Your thoughts?
16 sept. 2017 à 17 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 473
whats line 2? Lekhonen-Danault-Galchenyuk?
16 sept. 2017 à 17 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Molson beer is meh
Modifié 16 sept. 2017 à 17 h 20
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

Lines at camp so far:

Patches-Drouin-Hemsky
Galchenyuk-Danault-Gallahger
Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw

But the big surprise at camp is that 19 year old Victor Mete (he plays for OHL London Knights) is paired up with Shea Weber

Dman lines:

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Streit-Benn
Schlemko (injured)
16 sept. 2017 à 17 h 25
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,932
It's gonna be interesting to see how he goes. Especially with a coach that has had trouble in the past managing his kind of player. As a bolts fan I really wanna see him do well (not too well) now that he's actually been given more of a chance. However the whole time he was in Tampa he wasn't the guy you wanted on ice I'm a tight game. I really want him to prove me wrong but if Drouin is their number 1 centre then the Habs don't make the post season.
16 sept. 2017 à 18 h 55
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

Lines at camp so far:

Patches-Drouin-Hemsky
Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw

But the big surprise at camp is that 19 year old Victor Mete (he plays for OHL London Knights) is paired up with Shea Weber

Dman lines:

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Streit-Benn
Schlemko (injured)

Where's Davidson? He struggled in Montreal at the end of the year but should still get a spot in the lineup.
16 sept. 2017 à 18 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
I just don't think the habs have enough firepower to keep up with the top guns in the east
Daryl a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2017 à 19 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Blazingbat11

Lines at camp so far:

Patches-Drouin-Hemsky
Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell-Shaw

Dman lines:

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Streit-Benn
Schlemko (injured)

Where's Davidson? He struggled in Montreal at the end of the year but should still get a spot in the lineup.

he was paired up with Morrow. the two of them are probably right on the bubble to make the roster
16 sept. 2017 à 19 h 3
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: mhockey91
I just don't think the habs have enough firepower to keep up with the top guns in the east

at the moment i think they just get in, but lose in round 1.
16 sept. 2017 à 19 h 7
I'm a Skatman
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 295
if you're banking on a new acquisition who never played C at the pro level to be your #1 C while shifting someone drafted to be #1C to the wing you ARE going to be in trouble. not to mention they replaced Radulov with Hemsky.. ideally they would've acquired another C to leave Drouin on the wing. this way, they have a gaping hole in their top6 no matter how you twist it.
16 sept. 2017 à 19 h 51
Not to mention that Drouin has to adjust from playing part of a young talented unit in Tampa to be The Number One Centre for the MF Montreal Canadiens.
16 sept. 2017 à 20 h 50
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Drouin looked awkward taking face offs last year. Looks more comfortable on the wing as well
17 sept. 2017 à 9 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 163

Right, like the Bruins!
18 sept. 2017 à 10 h 54
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Right, like the Bruins!

Death, taxes, and PaulDunnill bringing up the Bruins in an unrelated and otherwise Bruins-less thread.
Pasta88Sauce, Rangsey, A_K and 4 others a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2017 à 4 h 45
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Quoting: PaulDunnill

Right, like the Bruins!

Death, taxes, and PaulDunnill bringing up the Bruins in an unrelated and otherwise Bruins-less thread.

Haha love it!!!
20 sept. 2017 à 21 h 48
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,983
Putting Drouin at centre, and maybe being the # 1 centre seems like a desperate move by the Habs. IMO it just won't work successful. Good luck to Drouin though, I have no grudge.
20 sept. 2017 à 21 h 55
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
It didn't look very good in the preseason game tonight...his points were on the power play, so you can't really take those into account. His defensive play wasn't terrible, but it wasn't necessarily good either. He wasn't generating a lot of offense for the Habs at even strength either. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period, but the Habs better hope it doesn't take very long
21 sept. 2017 à 1 h 0
Quoting: krakowitz
It didn't look very good in the preseason game tonight...his points were on the power play, so you can't really take those into account. His defensive play wasn't terrible, but it wasn't necessarily good either. He wasn't generating a lot of offense for the Habs at even strength either. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period, but the Habs better hope it doesn't take very long

Agreed. If they throw him on line 1, what else do they have? On another thread I said as much and there was no response.

Montreal will struggle offensively because 1 line never cuts it, teams will throw out best teams to check them and they can't rely on other lines to score. This is why Habs don't make the playoffs....
21 sept. 2017 à 10 h 22
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
I still don't know why they've given up on Galchenyuk at center. He's increased his points per game each of the last three seasons while playing primarily at center.
21 sept. 2017 à 11 h 34
I still don't know why they've given up on Galchenyuk at center. He's increased his points per game each of the last three seasons while playing primarily at center.

I guess because they are the Habs and they figure he's not good enough!!
21 sept. 2017 à 18 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,738

Truth is, their philosophy. Bergevin's team has a very specific agenda. He believes in admitting taking 1 step back to take 2 steps forward after they've already taken two steps back. These GM's nowadays are simply going through the motions and doing whats in the best interest of them not the team. Galchenyuk should of been left at center since season 4 of his career. Left there and not taken off regardless of how many turnovers he had.

MB's philosophy is to squeak into the playoffs and get lucky to win a cup rather than to build a true winner capable of winning a cup. I hate MB, I hate is philosophy and I hate what he has done to this team. I count down the days till his dismissal.
21 sept. 2017 à 21 h 38
Quoting: F50marco

Truth is, their philosophy. Bergevin's team has a very specific agenda. He believes in admitting taking 1 step back to take 2 steps forward after they've already taken two steps back. These GM's nowadays are simply going through the motions and doing whats in the best interest of them not the team. Galchenyuk should of been left at center since season 4 of his career. Left there and not taken off regardless of how many turnovers he had.

MB's philosophy is to squeak into the playoffs and get lucky to win a cup rather than to build a true winner capable of winning a cup. I hate MB, I hate is philosophy and I hate what he has done to this team. I count down the days till his dismissal.

It'll be 2 years into Prices extension when he has to start shedding contracts

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage