SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - General Discussion Thread

23 janv. 2018 à 13 h 2
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: jeplaza14
Ok general question regarding contract extensions that were signed IRL. If the player signed an extension in IRL after 9/15 (which is when the game started?) then that extension does not exist in our game?

Example: Josh Manson

He signed his extension on 10/4/17, but because it was after the start of the game, that deal does not exist. so If i wanted to sign him to an extension (whenever the BOE/G allows that), I'm not obligated to sign him to that extension? I can sign him to a different deal if I choose?

Does the same rule apply to unsigned prospects who were drafted by a team, but didn't sign with said team until after the game started?

Example again: Jaret Anderson-Dolan (signed after 9/15). So technically he's an unsigned prospect still. (i think the guy before me actually signed him, but i'm not sure).

Sorry if this is a little confusing. I guess i'm trying to get clarification about contract extension IRL vs. in the game.

I don't believe any real life extensions made after the game started count in the game.
23 janv. 2018 à 13 h 4
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Ok general question regarding contract extensions that were signed IRL. If the player signed an extension in IRL after 9/15 (which is when the game started?) then that extension does not exist in our game?

Example: Josh Manson

He signed his extension on 10/4/17, but because it was after the start of the game, that deal does not exist. so If i wanted to sign him to an extension (whenever the BOE/G allows that), I'm not obligated to sign him to that extension? I can sign him to a different deal if I choose?

Does the same rule apply to unsigned prospects who were drafted by a team, but didn't sign with said team until after the game started?

Example again: Jaret Anderson-Dolan (signed after 9/15). So technically he's an unsigned prospect still. (i think the guy before me actually signed him, but i'm not sure).

Sorry if this is a little confusing. I guess i'm trying to get clarification about contract extension IRL vs. in the game.

Anything IRL after 9/15 doesn't apply in game.
RFAs who did not sign until after that date were taken care of by the BOE.
They are working on a plan for extensions and contract signings and will announce them when ready, so just be patient.
rangersandislesfan et jeplaza14 a aimé ceci.
23 janv. 2018 à 14 h 57
Flyers! / LAK GM V2
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 72
Quoting: ricochetii
They are working on a plan for extensions and contract signings and will announce them when ready, so just be patient.

That's fine. I just wanted some clarification on the subject
23 janv. 2018 à 15 h 3
Go Habs Go
That's fine. I just wanted some clarification on the subject

Wasn't implying you were being impatient, if you thought that. smile
23 janv. 2018 à 16 h 29
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387

I'll tell you guys outright that we have the concept of doing it down, but are still trying to work out a couple small details. But it is coming relatively soon.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2018 à 0 h 53
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,502
I would like to ask this question. If we have a player on out teams "reserve list" and they are not signed to a current contract, but have a date beside their name when they must be signed, do we sign them to an ELC any time before that date??
Also, if we choose NOT to sign a certain reserve list player before the date listed, do we simply lose that player to the open market?
25 janv. 2018 à 16 h 36
Go Habs Go
Since the waiver thread isn't the place to hold a discussion ...

This is the flaw with maintaining the waiver order instead of losing your place with a claim.
It's not, I need this player and am willing to give them a spot on my team.
It's more that, this player has some value, so I'll take him for now until something better comes along.

At the very least, a team should move to the back to the 15th spot in the order upon a successful claim, so all of the "non-playoff" teams get opportunities.

If you want a way for the "devastated" teams to recover, allow them one or two claims without losing their spot in the waiver order. They get first crack at the good ones, and/or you can allow them to trade those players to recoup value, maybe at the cost of moving to the back of the line.

Just some things to consider. The amount of claims made by a handful of GMs is excessive, and the quality of players being exposed to waivers is often questionable. The decent ones could be going where they are most needed.
NateElder12, Daryl, Kotkaniemi15 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2018 à 21 h 20
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,333
If anyone is looking for LD (in Feb) hit me up. Cholowski, XO, maybe Valimaki if I like the offer. looking for NHL prospects of similar quality, no bundles full of crap please haha.

Also, Schenn, Gibbons, Chimera, etc all available as cheap rentals. just looking for picks here. ok luv u bye
jmac490 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2018 à 9 h 33
NYR v3 GM
Mentions "j'aime": 189
Hey everybody! Not sure how much has changed since v1 regarding "end game" plans. I remember we trekked something like rating other teams to see which one we liked the best. I was just thinking about other ways to create an end game type aspect to the game and one thing I thought of was an NHL 18 simulation. In the video game you can create custom teams and simulate a whole season. I think this could be interesting in that it actually lets the teams "play" each other. I understand not all teams are built to win rn, some are focused on youngers players and rebuilding however I think it would be neat for the teams who are built to compete to see how they would do in a full season. This could maybe even sort out the draft pick order for the future since it will be based off who finished where during the simulated season and not how that team actually did irl. Just trying to come up with some different ideas, looking forward to hearing any opinions!
matt59 et PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2018 à 10 h 20
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: JT_Miller
Hey everybody! Not sure how much has changed since v1 regarding "end game" plans. I remember we trekked something like rating other teams to see which one we liked the best. I was just thinking about other ways to create an end game type aspect to the game and one thing I thought of was an NHL 18 simulation. In the video game you can create custom teams and simulate a whole season. I think this could be interesting in that it actually lets the teams "play" each other. I understand not all teams are built to win rn, some are focused on youngers players and rebuilding however I think it would be neat for the teams who are built to compete to see how they would do in a full season. This could maybe even sort out the draft pick order for the future since it will be based off who finished where during the simulated season and not how that team actually did irl. Just trying to come up with some different ideas, looking forward to hearing any opinions!

Well we couldn't do that with every game but maybe some if the BOE has it.
27 janv. 2018 à 11 h 20
NYR v3 GM
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

I don't think I understand your comment. You only need one person to create the teams and run the sim however it would have to be confirmed by the BOE or whoever is in charge.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2018 à 11 h 24
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
I don't think I understand your comment. You only need one person to create the teams and run the sim however it would have to be confirmed by the BOE or whoever is in charge.

Philly is in charge this time around. The BOG is Krakowitz, Icegirl, Matt and TonyStrecher
JT_Miller a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2018 à 11 h 25
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Umm... What?
27 janv. 2018 à 11 h 48
NYR v3 GM
Just throwing the idea out there to see what you guys think. Thought it would be a fun little thing to do to see how the team would do against each other.
27 janv. 2018 à 11 h 50
Just throwing the idea out there to see what you guys think. Thought it would be a fun little thing to do to see how the team would do against each other.

For twitter, you using same account as b4?
27 janv. 2018 à 11 h 54
NYR v3 GM
Quoting: boltscharge17
For twitter, you using same account as b4?

Yup
27 janv. 2018 à 11 h 58
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712

This is one of the ideas that we’re considering to use for draft order. Possibly a “playoffs” too. So with the draft order we’re going to base it 70% off the order of win now, and 30% the order of the trade ratings. To determine the win now order, our ideas were a NHL 18 sim with all the rosters adjusted to the in game order, possibly ownthepuck’s lineup creator if it gets updated as a backup option, and if both of those fail, then we’ll just have to order the teams as we compare their win now capability. So a lower total “draft order value” would mean a lower draft position.
Ex: 1st in win now, 10th in trade ratings = draft order value of 0.7 + 3 = 3.7 so this team would likely be towards the very end of the draft order.
JT_Miller et ricochetii a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2018 à 12 h 15
Black Lives Matter

Well yeah, anyone who has the game.
27 janv. 2018 à 12 h 34
WentWughes
Mentions "j'aime": 10,292

something like this is a playoff simulation to see who wins smile
27 janv. 2018 à 12 h 34
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Since the waiver thread isn't the place to hold a discussion ...

This is the flaw with maintaining the waiver order instead of losing your place with a claim.
It's not, I need this player and am willing to give them a spot on my team.
It's more that, this player has some value, so I'll take him for now until something better comes along.

At the very least, a team should move to the back to the 15th spot in the order upon a successful claim, so all of the "non-playoff" teams get opportunities.

If you want a way for the "devastated" teams to recover, allow them one or two claims without losing their spot in the waiver order. They get first crack at the good ones, and/or you can allow them to trade those players to recoup value, maybe at the cost of moving to the back of the line.

Just some things to consider. The amount of claims made by a handful of GMs is excessive, and the quality of players being exposed to waivers is often questionable. The decent ones could be going where they are most needed.

This is something we plan on addressing hopefully by the end of the weekend. Should be something where a simple solution does the trick to curb the waiver pillaging.
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2018 à 13 h 40
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
This is one of the ideas that we’re considering to use for draft order. Possibly a “playoffs” too. So with the draft order we’re going to base it 70% off the order of win now, and 30% the order of the trade ratings. To determine the win now order, our ideas were a NHL 18 sim with all the rosters adjusted to the in game order, possibly ownthepuck’s lineup creator if it gets updated as a backup option, and if both of those fail, then we’ll just have to order the teams as we compare their win now capability. So a lower total “draft order value” would mean a lower draft position.
Ex: 1st in win now, 10th in trade ratings = draft order value of 0.7 + 3 = 3.7 so this team would likely be towards the very end of the draft order.

I don't know how "fair" it would be to determine things by NHL 18. It would be based on outdated data and somewhat inaccurate player ratings. I haven't played the NHL series for a couple years, but those are things I remember being skewed in previous versions.
It's definitely a fun thing to try, but maybe just for fun.
(No injuries option as well, that was always pretty random)

An algorithm based on current season statistics would be interesting as well, but could result in a numbers game, which would also be less "fun". Again, it would be interesting to run some numbers and see what the results were, but I'm not sure it should be the deciding factor.

Definitely entertaining ideas. Someone could even set up a twitch stream and run the playoffs as a spectator, recording for posterity. Viewing parties? Or even just having the video of the games available for people to skip through and watch the goals.
They could even be presented to the rest of the site for anyone interested in watching.

I'm okay with any option, even if it ends up being less realistic and more just for entertainment purposes, I'm just putting my opinion on the possibilities. If we run a season or just the playoffs (can you choose the playoff teams instead of running a season sim?), and base results on that as the end game, I'm okay with it, I'm only pointing out the downside.
27 janv. 2018 à 15 h 23
Black Lives Matter
I don't know how "fair" it would be to determine things by NHL 18. It would be based on outdated data and somewhat inaccurate player ratings. I haven't played the NHL series for a couple years, but those are things I remember being skewed in previous versions.
It's definitely a fun thing to try, but maybe just for fun.
(No injuries option as well, that was always pretty random)

An algorithm based on current season statistics would be interesting as well, but could result in a numbers game, which would also be less "fun". Again, it would be interesting to run some numbers and see what the results were, but I'm not sure it should be the deciding factor.

Definitely entertaining ideas. Someone could even set up a twitch stream and run the playoffs as a spectator, recording for posterity. Viewing parties? Or even just having the video of the games available for people to skip through and watch the goals.
They could even be presented to the rest of the site for anyone interested in watching.

I'm okay with any option, even if it ends up being less realistic and more just for entertainment purposes, I'm just putting my opinion on the possibilities. If we run a season or just the playoffs (can you choose the playoff teams instead of running a season sim?), and base results on that as the end game, I'm okay with it, I'm only pointing out the downside.

we could use a mix of this NHL 18 idea, the BOE looking at how good teams are, and real life, pretty much all mixed together. IMO if we can find a way it would be good to make full standings.
29 janv. 2018 à 12 h 29
Alex Killorn is available for a 2nd and a 3rd or a lesser winger and a 3rd depending on the winger. I WILL NOT RETAIN.
30 janv. 2018 à 9 h 53
Soshnikov and Conacher are both potentially available. Want a 4th and a prospect for either of them.
30 janv. 2018 à 13 h 15
WentWughes
Mentions "j'aime": 10,292
Probably wrong thread, but about the Waiver thing, If I claim someone and trade them and the previous team takes him back, does that "****" me and take my waiver claim?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage