Forums/Armchair-GM

Dark Horse Youngster Who Could Make a Push for a Roster Spot

Créé par: NorthernLeafsFan05
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 2 avr. 2024
Publié: 2 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Really tempted to include Grebyonkin, but it will likely take him some time to get acclimated to North American ice
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
21 100 000 $
43 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
45 250 000 $
45 500 000 $
11 700 000 $
21 900 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NJD)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (NJD)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de NJD
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de NJD
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $87 269 667 $0 $0 $230 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
RFA
875 000 $875 000 $
C
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DD
RFA
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
G
UFA
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
DD
UFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 avr. à 18 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,213
I’m cautiously optimistic Cowan can push too 🤞. Leafs prospect pool is not the best (understandable given our approach at past TDLs), but it’s also not nearly as barren as rival fans hope 💪.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 18 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,083
Quoting: MitchJr
I’m cautiously optimistic Cowan can push too 🤞. Leafs prospect pool is not the best (understandable given our approach at past TDLs), but it’s also not nearly as barren as rival fans hope 💪.

Totally agree that Cowan can and probably will make a push for the NHL, just wanted to talk about Quillan because I dont think Leafs fans understand how good this kid is. The game he plays is so condusive to the NHL, I could easily see him on the roster next season
MitchJr a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 19 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,037
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Totally agree that Cowan can and probably will make a push for the NHL, just wanted to talk about Quillan because I dont think Leafs fans understand how good this kid is. The game he plays is so condusive to the NHL, I could easily see him on the roster next season

Undrafted free agents out of college don't tend to do all that well. The safe money is on you are overestimating him rather than everyone else underestimating him. This is a pretty common theme among Leafs prospects and their fans.
palhal a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 19 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Byrr
Undrafted free agents out of college don't tend to do all that well. The safe money is on you are overestimating him rather than everyone else underestimating him. This is a pretty common theme among Leafs prospects and their fans.

1. There is a reason the title of this ACGM is "Dark Horse Youngster Who Could Make a Push for a Roster Spot"

2. Nobody is expecting Quillan to come in and be a legit top 9 center straight out of the NCAA. In a more sheltered role on the 4th line, he could easily drive his line with his defensive prowess and tenacity. The only way they would lean on Quillan to come in is if we don't get any centers on the FA market and want a guy who plays a good bottom 6 game (which is exactly what this ACGM depicts. The spending of our capspace will dictate which, if any, prospects get the call)

3. Quillan is probably the Leafs most NHL ready forward prospect given his age and playstyle. Does this mean he will be a Leaf next season, no, but it's also not out of the realm of possibility. I haven't seen a lot of Leafs fans who know much about Quillan, so I figured I'd post this to show where he could fit in.
MitchJr a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 19 h 23

That’s simply not true; if anything Leaf prospects are unfairly dumped on - either by some Leaf fans who love to hate on the team or rival fans who hate the amount of media coverage the Leafs get. Can’t think of the last Leafs prospect that was over hyped; maybe Knies but he’s been exactly what most thought - work in progress , power forward that could bag 30+ goals eventually. Leafs were ridiculed when they picked Cowan, and he’s looking like a steal
2 avr. à 19 h 33
That’s simply not true; if anything Leaf prospects are unfairly dumped on - either by some Leaf fans who love to hate on the team or rival fans who hate the amount of media coverage the Leafs get. Can’t think of the last Leafs prospect that was over hyped; maybe Knies but he’s been exactly what most thought - work in progress , power forward that could bag 30+ goals eventually. Leafs were ridiculed when they picked Cowan, and he’s looking like a steal

I mean who was the last Leafs prospect who lived up to the hype from the fans? Liljegren? Nope. Sandin? Nope. Robertson? Nope. Knies? Not looking good so far. The Leafs haven't had a prospect who has lived up the hype since Marner, Nylander and Matthews almost 8 years ago.

Fanbases regularly overvalue their prospects regardless of which team it may be. It's just weird to be doing it as one of the worst prospect pools in the league.
2 avr. à 19 h 44
I mean who was the last Leafs prospect who lived up to the hype from the fans? Liljegren? Nope. Sandin? Nope. Robertson? Nope. Knies? Not looking good so far. The Leafs haven't had a prospect who has lived up the hype since Marner, Nylander and Matthews almost 8 years ago.

Fanbases regularly overvalue their prospects regardless of which team it may be. It's just weird to be doing it as one of the worst prospect pools in the league.[/quote]

Who was hyping up Liligren, I must have missed that 😅. And Sandin just signed for 5x$4.6M but he’s a flop? Robertson was maybe hyped up based on his strong final year in junior, but he and Knies are having strong years.
I don’t think you know what hype is ; all things Leafs get a lot of attention because we’re the most popular team in the league and multiple media outlets always looking for content. But that’s not hype - I don’t recall any prospect getting over hyped since Matthews; maybe Robertson & Knies to a small extent.
OP simply posted that sought after college FA the Leafs just signed might make the team as 4th liner; that’s far from hype dude
Ryminister_92 a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 19 h 52
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,005
I wouldn't mind a lineup of:
Bert-AM34-Domi
Willy-JT-Marns
Knies-Minten-Grbenkin (Or McMann)
Holmberg-Kampf-McMann (Or Grebenkin or Robertson, would act as a full 'kid' line or a semi one with veteran presence)
Robertson-Reaves (Or Grebenkin) - Hirvonen

Rielly-Pesce
Eddy-Lilly
Benoit-McCabe
Niemela

Woll
Stolarz
Hildebeast

Desharnais is so useless IMO, he's just Justin Holl 2.0... I'd rather give Niemela more reps

But the future is looking brighter by the moment
2 avr. à 19 h 57
Who was hyping up Liligren, I must have missed that 😅. And Sandin just signed for 5x$4.6M but he’s a flop? Robertson was maybe hyped up based on his strong final year in junior, but he and Knies are having strong years.
I don’t think you know what hype is ; all things Leafs get a lot of attention because we’re the most popular team in the league and multiple media outlets always looking for content. But that’s not hype - I don’t recall any prospect getting over hyped since Matthews; maybe Robertson & Knies to a small extent.
OP simply posted that sought after college FA the Leafs just signed might make the team as 4th liner; that’s far from hype dude

Ya, I mean who was hyping up the player who all Leafs fans fell back on 'he would have been a top 10 pick if he didn't get mono' and had penciled into the top 4 for years. Now Liljegren is struggling to make a playoff lineup 7 years into his pro career.
2 avr. à 20 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 788

Fanbases regularly overvalue their prospects regardless of which team it may be. It's just weird to be doing it as one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

The problem isn’t the prospect - it’s fans overhyping them cause they see junior numbers and think they can replicate those numbers in the NHL when in reality VERY few players put up similar junior numbers in the NHL.

Also, Knies has been fine. Robertson has looked good in the NHL and is finally producing but his issue was injuries. Sandin was good as a Leaf, he just wanted a higher role and Toronto couldn’t give him that. Liljegren is meh but defence tend to take longer to develop anyways. I feel like he was overhyped because he was a good prospect on a video game and fans thought that meant he was in real life.

As for Quillan, if you actually know the player you’d realize there’s a slim chance of him not working out. He’s not expected to be a high end offensive producer, but he’s going to be a great bottom 6 options for a long time. He’s smart in both ends of the ice, can play both PP and PK, and not afraid to go to the dirty areas and outwork anyone. Those types of players usually make it to the league fast and stick around because they’re loved by coaches. Think Zach Hyman when you think of Quillan and EVERYONE overhypes Hyman now but everyone loves him for a reason
2 avr. à 20 h 1
Ya, I mean who was hyping up the player who all Leafs fans fell back on 'he would have been a top 10 pick if he didn't get mono' and had penciled into the top 4 for years. Now Liljegren is struggling to make a playoff lineup 7 years into his pro career.

Like I said biggest fanbase in the league so there’s always extremes . Like the guy who says predicting a sought after college kid could make the 4th line is over hyping 🤷🏻
2 avr. à 20 h 3
Like I said biggest fanbase in the league so there’s always extremes . Like the guy who says predicting a sought after college kid could make the 4th line is over hyping 🤷🏻

I mean the facts are the facts. College free agents don't usually work out and even more infrequently the following season after signing.
2 avr. à 20 h 8
I mean the facts are the facts. College free agents don't usually work out and even more infrequently the following season after signing.

Fair enough but saying he’ll maybe make it as a 4th liner next year is far from over hyping
2 avr. à 20 h 9
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,269
Why are the Devils paying a 3rd and 4th for a guy that can't even make your roster? Rather spend the money on a shorter term fix than pay you to give you cap room.
2 avr. à 20 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 788
Grebenkin isn’t making the Leafs playoff roster. They’re already having troubles finding out who’s gonna be in it for game 1 because of the strong depth this year as it is. By the time Grebenkin got used to the ice size and play style in North America he’d still be behind the 8 ball because it’s playoff hockey which is a whole new level.

That being said, he’s a good prospect and the Leafs system isn’t as weak as people think.
Grebenkin, Quillan, Minten, Tverberg, and Cowan all have real good chances at being quality NHLers. Then you add in other guys like Niemela, Moldenhauer, Hildeby, Webber, Hirvonen, Chadwick, Kokkonen, and Ahktiamov who all need a bit of work but could still work out to be NHL contributors and it doesn’t look as weak as it might seem.
A lot of people hate on their system because there isn’t a high end talent in it but they don’t need that because they’re committed to Matthews, Marner, and Nylander for so long and they’re all still in their primes. Once they hit 32ish (5 more years) then it’ll be key to add a high end talent to the pool. But for now it’s just what they need - which is a bunch of low end, low risk guys
MitchJr a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 20 h 20
Quoting: NJDevils1317
Why are the Devils paying a 3rd and 4th for a guy that can't even make your roster? Rather spend the money on a shorter term fix than pay you to give you cap room.

Fair enough if you don’t value the player.. but “can’t make our roster”? He’s injured bud
2 avr. à 21 h 48
Marner rocks
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 893
If JT is #2 center next season, that is a big issue. He shouldn't even play center at all, another year means another step slower. How does Desharnais earn that cap hit? Idk if he is even an NHL player.
2 avr. à 22 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: NJDevils1317

Are you serious? Jarnkrok EASILY makes this roster, it is simply a cap move...
2 avr. à 22 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Ryminister_92
Grebenkin isn’t making the Leafs playoff roster. They’re already having troubles finding out who’s gonna be in it for game 1 because of the strong depth this year as it is. By the time Grebenkin got used to the ice size and play style in North America he’d still be behind the 8 ball because it’s playoff hockey which is a whole new level.

That being said, he’s a good prospect and the Leafs system isn’t as weak as people think.
Grebenkin, Quillan, Minten, Tverberg, and Cowan all have real good chances at being quality NHLers. Then you add in other guys like Niemela, Moldenhauer, Hildeby, Webber, Hirvonen, Chadwick, Kokkonen, and Ahktiamov who all need a bit of work but could still work out to be NHL contributors and it doesn’t look as weak as it might seem.
A lot of people hate on their system because there isn’t a high end talent in it but they don’t need that because they’re committed to Matthews, Marner, and Nylander for so long and they’re all still in their primes. Once they hit 32ish (5 more years) then it’ll be key to add a high end talent to the pool. But for now it’s just what they need - which is a bunch of low end, low risk guys

Was anybody saying Grebyonkin would make the playoff roster? I literally said in the description of this ACGM that I dont even think he'll make the roster next season due to the needed adjustment for NA ice. I didnt even mention the playoffs... I think Greb will be a strong candidate in two seasons from now after a full year with the Marlies, he's one of our best prospects. Totally agree with the second half here

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage