Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 6 - Nearly Playoffs

4 avr. à 2 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,015
Modifié 4 avr. à 18 h 0
Quoting: oneX
Over the last 5-6 games that Woll has played, one thing is very clear: Leafs will need a goalie who should challenge Woll for the starters job next season and there's a couple reasons for this. Injury history should be a major factor but another reason is that Woll is a young player learning the ups and downs of winning and losing in the best league in the world.

Will probably need a 3rd goalie too if Hildeby is not going to be an Injury fill-in.

Yep

As man

Since coming back from injury its been yikes and a half lets be real

3 of his last 4 starts first shot on net oh its in...We can blame ABC, how about make a save as man its a momentum killer and u can just tell how the game's gonna go. He honestly is reminding me of Sammy before the waivers and its concerning rn.

This is why i'm leaning to bringing back Sammy on a 1-2 year deal

As people were going Woll/Hildeby or Woll/Murray or Woll/Jones as the tandem next year

Oh boy NTU lul.

Woll's got a bright future but man rn he aint it especially come game 1 against whoever we face

Like for me just bringing back the same trio and Hildeby at 4 is fine
oneX a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 18 h 5
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,634
Quoting: aadoyle
Yep

As man

Since coming back from injury its been yikes and a half lets be real

3 of his last 4 starts first shot on net oh its in...We can blame ABC, how about make a save as man its a momentum killer and u can just tell how the game's gonna go. He honestly is reminding me of Sammy before the waivers and its concerning rn.

Honestly why i'm leaning to bringing back Sammy on a 1-2 year deal

As people were going Woll/Hildeby or Woll/Murray or Woll/Jones as the tandem next year

Oh boy NTU lul.

Woll's got a bright future but man rn he aint it especially come game 1 against whoever we face

Like for me just bringing back the same trio and Hildeby at 4 is fine

Idon't think it's a guarantee that Sammy comes back, especially if he plays well in the remaining games and plays well in the playoffs. He may prioritize getting a big payday coming from having a season where he was actually on waivers but bounced back.

Also...he is an inconsistent goaltender. It's what he was in Washington and here it's been the same story so unless he comes back at the same cap hit as he is now, Leafs might be looking at other options.

Now as far as Jones goes...same deal to be the 3rd goalie, no problems with that.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 19 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
Idon't think it's a guarantee that Sammy comes back, especially if he plays well in the remaining games and plays well in the playoffs. He may prioritize getting a big payday coming from having a season where he was actually on waivers but bounced back.

Also...he is an inconsistent goaltender. It's what he was in Washington and here it's been the same story so unless he comes back at the same cap hit as he is now, Leafs might be looking at other options.

Now as far as Jones goes...same deal to be the 3rd goalie, no problems with that.

Looking at this FA market there really aint a lot of prime candidates for goalie

Like this year might be the weakest

Sammy had his struggles but has been pretty good since coming back and through the majority of his games has been good

Through familiarity I would probs bring him back on a 1-2 year 2.8-3m deal and he may also just want stability rn.

If Jones wants to much go for someone else who dont mind being a #3.
5 avr. à 12 h 17
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,756
Looking at this FA market there really aint a lot of prime candidates for goalie

Like this year might be the weakest

Sammy had his struggles but has been pretty good since coming back and through the majority of his games has been good

Through familiarity I would probs bring him back on a 1-2 year 2.8-3m deal and he may also just want stability rn.

If Jones wants to much go for someone else who dont mind being a #3.

I think Samsonov should choose stability and sign a 2-3 year deal for less but in all honesty we have seen a team or 2 always overpays a goalie.

Look at Campbell, Korpisalo recently for examples.

If its me, Samsonov wants more than 3 AAV, I am pivoting some else like perhaps double K.
oneX et RipNasty a aimé ceci.
5 avr. à 13 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Trickster
I think Samsonov should choose stability and sign a 2-3 year deal for less but in all honesty we have seen a team or 2 always overpays a goalie.

Look at Campbell, Korpisalo recently for examples.

If its me, Samsonov wants more than 3 AAV, I am pivoting some else like perhaps double K.

I think with all the goalie deals that went sideways unless it's a bonofied stud like Saros or like that I think teams are gonna be hesitant to throw big long term deals.

Pete, Campbell, Mrazek, Korpisalo just highlight it

Someone may dive for him but he may also just want familiarity to and he's been here for 2 years

My guess 1-2 years 3m as rn I can't see him asking for more considering his start

Cause yea this goalie market coming up besides him kind of stinks
5 avr. à 16 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,073
Leafs prospect Veeti Miettinen (unsurprisingly) confirms that he will not be returning to St Cloud next season. His rights expire with August, whether the Leafs sign him is yet to be seen. Fingers crossed Brad fires an ELC his way, I really like Veeti. Talented scorer with an elite shot
5 avr. à 19 h 13
Hakuna Matata
https://twitter.com/jonassiegel/status/1776279122668331303

Put Jarnkrok in for Reaves and not bad

Marner should get JT going and Nylander spreads out the scoring

Makes sense to put your best playmaker with one of your top Center s
5 avr. à 23 h 46
Hakuna Matata
We clinched playoffs

Now that its out of the way time for the real work
6 avr. à 20 h 13
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 99
I was slow typing. The key to Goal #1 against Habs was Matthews not touching puck. Should have go an honorary assist for that.
Karma was quick - Matthews has goal # 64
6 avr. à 20 h 18
Hakuna Matata
Matthews 6 goals away from 70

1 from tying Ovie's 2007-2008 season and 2 away from surpassing it
6 avr. à 20 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Rip Pezetta 2024

He met a wild Reaves
6 avr. à 20 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Dam and our PK was doing so good
6 avr. à 20 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Defense since the 4th goals been slacking

MTL has scored 2 easy goals through cross crease passes

Need to tighten up as we dont need MTL getting back in this game
6 avr. à 21 h 17
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,059
I have missed much of the game but what I have seen, Brodie and Gio are a terrible pairing.
6 avr. à 21 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 6 avr. à 21 h 51
Good overall game

Got a bit iffy here and there but still good

Special teams were meh but hey not game ending

Sammy another good game to the resume and made some good saves when asked

Matthews added another goal to his record total

And Reaves beat the **** out of Pezzetta
6 avr. à 22 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,073
Solid game out of the Leafs tonight. Love the new lineup, Holmberg was so so so so good. Really big fan of the top 9 in general, hope they are what we see in Game 1.
6 avr. à 23 h 56
Leafs going to Leafs
Mentions "j'aime": 2,990
Switch Holmberg and JT and I'm all for the lines (as in Knies-JT-Wiilly and McMann-Holmberg-Marns)
7 avr. à 0 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Switch Holmberg and JT and I'm all for the lines (as in Knies-JT-Wiilly and McMann-Holmberg-Marns)

Holmberg should not be anywhere near the 2c position not on this team

He's a defensive minded forward meant for the bottom 6. If he goes top 6 its for the wing

Your just wasting Marner and McMann if he goes there

JT at 2c is fine especially now with Marner on the wing.

Finally we have spread the offense out like we should have tried years ago
7 avr. à 0 h 3
Leafs going to Leafs
Holmberg should not be anywhere near the 2c position

He's a defensive minded forward meant for the bottom 6. If he goes top 6 its for the wing

Your just wasting Marner and McMann putting him there

JT at 2c is fine

I mean have JT as 2C, but switch up the wingers...

And McMann and Marner could then be more creative knowing there's a defensive centre with them

They looked lost with JT whereas Willy and Knies should do well with JT
7 avr. à 0 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 avr. à 0 h 13
I mean have JT as 2C, but switch up the wingers...

And McMann and Marner could then be more creative knowing there's a defensive centre with them

They looked lost with JT whereas Willy and Knies should do well with JT

Nah 0 need

We finally have spread out scoring in the top 9 now

Why try and ruin it immediately

As said before moving Willy down spreads out the scoring and Marner's playmaking is beneficial for guys like Matthews and JT. Willy can score with just about anyone

And no they really didnt look lost lul. McMann has played with JT a bunch and it was Marner's first game back but they looked fine. Heck produced a goal
7 avr. à 0 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Once Jarnkrok comes back put him on the 4th line over Reaves and we set

Bertuzzi — Matthews — Domi
McMann — Tavares — Marner
Knies — Holmberg — Nylander
Dewar — Kampf — Jarnkrok

Having Willy on the third line should really spread out the scoring and Marner with JT reunion should produce good results again

While Reaves has been better in the playoffs among other factors having Jarnkrok is just better for other reasons
7 avr. à 0 h 16
Leafs going to Leafs
Nah 0 need

We finally have spread out scoring in the top 9 now

Why try and ruin it immediately

As said before moving Willy down spreads out the scoring and Marner's playmaking is beneficial for guys like Matthews and JT. Willy can score with just about anyone

And no they really didnt look lost lul. McMann has played with JT a bunch and it was Marner's first game back but they looked fine. Heck produced a goal

Did you not watch the game? JT looked like he was on one side and Marner and McMann were on the other

We know JT-Willy works and Knies lived with JT so there should be some chemistry there... It make more sense to do that
7 avr. à 0 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 avr. à 0 h 30
Did you not watch the game? JT looked like he was on one side and Marner and McMann were on the other

We know JT-Willy works and Knies lived with JT so there should be some chemistry there... It make more sense to do that

Little shaky here and there but they were fine. They were TOR second best line with an On ice XGF of 0.77 which was only second to the Matthews line of 1.33

Marner and JT have worked well before and will do it again. Its the firs time since the injury Marner has played and its been the first in a long time those guys were reunited. As they continue to play more familiarity will return

JT's best season as a leaf came with Marner on his wing

Marner's playmaking as said before works best with guys like Matthews or JT centering his lines. No need to waste his talents

Nylander meanwhile can score with anyone and we saw tonight he was fine with Knies and Holmberg

Again 0 sense to ruin things immediately

We finally got lines that are balanced now and once Jarnkrok comes back were set

Dewar — Kampf — Jarnkrok

As in the end we finally can have all 4 lines consistently producing
7 avr. à 12 h 19
Rip
Mentions "j'aime": 3,059
Little shaky here and there but they were fine. They were TOR second best line with an On ice XGF of 0.77 which was only second to the Matthews line of 1.33

Marner and JT have worked well before and will do it again. Its the firs time since the injury Marner has played and its been the first in a long time those guys were reunited. As they continue to play more familiarity will return

JT's best season as a leaf came with Marner on his wing

Marner's playmaking as said before works best with guys like Matthews or JT centering his lines. No need to waste his talents

Nylander meanwhile can score with anyone and we saw tonight he was fine with Knies and Holmberg

Again 0 sense to ruin things immediately

We finally got lines that are balanced now and once Jarnkrok comes back were set

Dewar — Kampf — Jarnkrok

As in the end we finally can have all 4 lines consistently producing

Timmins should be in the lineup over one of Gio or Brodie. Man Brodie looks just terrible. No matter what side of the ice he's on.
7 avr. à 12 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
Timmins should be in the lineup over one of Gio or Brodie. Man Brodie looks just terrible. No matter what side of the ice he's on.

Timmins should be no where near the playoff lineup

Once Edmudson comes back liens are set

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage