SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Every bad move Dubas has made as GM of PIT and TOR

20 mars à 8 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 806
1. Trade: Mason Marchment for Denis Malgin
2. Trade: Kadri for Barrie & Kerfoot
3. Signing: Petr Mrazek and dumping a 1st round pick to get rid of the contract in the first year of the contract
4. Trade: 1st RD pick++ package for Erik Karlsson
5. Trade: Patrick Marleau + 1st round pick (Seth Jarvis) for future considerations
6. Signing: John Tavares for 7Y at $11M (w/ NMC)
7. Signing: TJ Brodie for 5Y at $5M (w/ NTC)
8. Signing: Mitch Marner $10.9M for 6Y (w/ NMC)
9: Signing: Cody Ceci for $4.5M x 1Y (had the option to not sign him and didn't trade him at the DL since his "numbers" were good according to Dubas himself)
10. Signing: Justin Holl for $2M x 3Y
11. Signing: Andreas Johnsson for $3.4M x 4Y
12. Trade: Alex Nylander + 6th round pick (potential to be 3rd) for Bemstrom
13. Drafting: Nick Robertson
14. Signing: Pierre Engvall for $1.25M x 2Y
15. Signing: Ryan Graves for $4.5M x 6Y
16. Trade: Jake Guentzel for Michael Bunting + C level prospects
17. Trade: Alexander Barabanov for Antti Suomela (who????)
18. Not protecting Jared McMann in SEA expansion draft to protect Kerfoot and Holl (LMAO)
19. Trade: 1st round pick + 4th round pick for Nick Foligno
20. Trade: 2nd RD, 2nd RD, and 3rd RD for Mark Giordano and Colin Blackwell
21. Let Hyman walk to FA for 0 assets

Keep telling me how great of a GM this guy is though
20 mars à 9 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,044
Necas was drafted in 2017, WAY before the Marleau trade. The pick was Jarvis

And the Guentzel deal was 2 B+ prospects and a C prospect, not all C prospects
jfkst1 a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 9 h 34
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,515
now do treviling XD !
Herb_Brooks a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 9 h 42
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,597
Quoting: Caniac2000

How embarrassing for the OP
Herb_Brooks a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 9 h 42
1GarthSnowFan
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,803

Carolina gave up multiple b level prospects to avoid giving up a top option. You never see that happen. Absolute master class by Don Waddel.
20 mars à 9 h 49
"Go sell ice cream!"
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,358
Quoting: Not_Isles5513
Carolina gave up multiple b level prospects to avoid giving up a top option. You never see that happen. Absolute master class by Don Waddel.

Depends on how the prospects turn out. Dumoulin was a B prospect when CAR traded him as a sweetener in a package for Staal and he ended up being the best player in the entire deal and few/nobody predicted that.
20 mars à 9 h 56
Quoting: Not_Isles5513

You see it happen often with teams that are extremely thin in prospect pools. They were good partners because Carolina's prospect pool is so incredibly deep
Not_Isles5513 a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 9 h 56
Quoting: jfkst1
Depends on how the prospects turn out. Dumoulin was a B prospect when CAR traded him as a sweetener in a package for Staal and he ended up being the best player in the entire deal and few/nobody predicted that.

Dumo wasn't better than Staal, but he was the best player on the Penguins side
Not_Isles5513 a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 10 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,853
Gee, haven't you included some of Lou's signings and credited them to Dubas.
Holl and Engvall were excellent signings by the Leafs .
There are few players drafted below Robertson who have played more NHL games.
20 mars à 10 h 5
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,046
The Kadri trade was fine...

I still like the JT contract as most the value isn't on the ice

Justin Holl was a player who seemed to flourish under Keefe, so, to avoid another Marchment, Dubas made that move... Can't fault him for it... And he obviously had value, Stevie Y signing him to 3.4 for 3

Robertson's an NHL player, IDK why you fault him for taking an NHL player

Engvall's fine at 1.25 mill... Again, Lou signed him to 3 by 7 so he must have some value

Graves is fine as well, a little too much term but still

Guentzel trade was the market, Dubas got what he could...

A prospect swap is fine, he just got the wrong one...

Gio... Like JT... value is also off the ice... He's also still on this team 3 years later, no?

And the rest; Dubas, like everyone, makes mistakes... You could have a similar list for so many different "great" GMs...

The dumb ones recycle their mistakes over and over again....
20 mars à 10 h 9
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,021
Treliving:
Kampf to a 4 year deal
Reaves to a 3 year deal
Klingberg deal
not doing anything good at the deadline

this is all less than 365 days
20 mars à 10 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Herb_Brooks
Treliving:
Kampf to a 4 year deal
Reaves to a 3 year deal
Klingberg deal

Love the Reavo and Kampf signings, two guys I would want on my team
20 mars à 10 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Leafsfan98
The Kadri trade was fine...

I still like the JT contract as most the value isn't on the ice

Justin Holl was a player who seemed to flourish under Keefe, so, to avoid another Marchment, Dubas made that move... Can't fault him for it... And he obviously had value, Stevie Y signing him to 3.4 for 3

Robertson's an NHL player, IDK why you fault him for taking an NHL player

Engvall's fine at 1.25 mill... Again, Lou signed him to 3 by 7 so he must have some value

Graves is fine as well, a little too much term but still

Guentzel trade was the market, Dubas got what he could...

A prospect swap is fine, he just got the wrong one...

Gio... Like JT... value is also off the ice... He's also still on this team 3 years later, no?

And the rest; Dubas, like everyone, makes mistakes... You could have a similar list for so many different "great" GMs...

The dumb ones recycle their mistakes over and over again....

I stopped reading after you said the Kadri trade was fine LOL
20 mars à 10 h 19
Démarrer sujet

Yeah my mistake on the Jarvis and Necas mixup. As for those prospects, it wouldn't excite me if I was a Pens fan
20 mars à 10 h 22
Quoting: Brad_Treliving
Yeah my mistake on the Jarvis and Necas mixup. As for those prospects, it wouldn't excite me if I was a Pens fan

Do some research into Koivunen specifically, he's a fringe A prospect, top 10 scorer in Finland, strong across the ice
20 mars à 10 h 23
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,046
I stopped reading after you said the Kadri trade was fine LOL

With all of his playoffs games played against the Bruins 🙄

He was the 3C that started stuff and couldn't back it up... And Dubas/Babs didn't want to stick Matt Martin with him so they had to move him...

And just looking at it now, Kerfoot was better for the Leafs in the playoffs then Kadri was...
20 mars à 10 h 30
"Go sell ice cream!"
Dumo wasn't better than Staal, but he was the best player on the Penguins side

Getting a 1LD on a cheap contract was infinitely more valuable than having Staal as a great but expensive 3C for PIT. Staal never developed into an offensively consistent top 6 C so I personally would take a 2/3 dman over him majority of the time regardless, but I can see arguments otherwise. Pouliot was a bust for the #8 draft, but Forsberg- the player EVERYONE wanted Shero to draft- is also a superior player. The main point is that trade packages like this are rarely clearly defined value for either team until long down the line. PIT got KILLED in the long term on that Brassard trade, yet everyone including me thought it was great when it happened. Nobody including the NHL front offices know what will happen long term.
20 mars à 10 h 33
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 939
Quoting: Herb_Brooks
Treliving:
Kampf to a 4 year deal
Reaves to a 3 year deal
Klingberg deal

And if you open that window up by a second year, you can include him signing literally the worst deal in the entire league, Huberdeau 10.5x8.

There was also a time in the late teens where like a quarter of all active buyouts in the league were contracts bought out by Brad Treliving.

I don't know why certain Leafs fans are so insane about Dubas. The guy doesn't even work for your team anymore. Why do you care so much.
20 mars à 10 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Do some research into Koivunen specifically, he's a fringe A prospect, top 10 scorer in Finland, strong across the ice

Koivunen is 5'11" 160 pounds playing double the ice size in a soft Finnish league (sounds like a Dubas player). He's not going anywhere near the NHL

There is a reason why DW parted ways with this guy
20 mars à 10 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 20 mars à 10 h 49
Quoting: Leafsfan98
With all of his playoffs games played against the Bruins 🙄

He was the 3C that started stuff and couldn't back it up... And Dubas/Babs didn't want to stick Matt Martin with him so they had to move him...

And just looking at it now, Kerfoot was better for the Leafs in the playoffs then Kadri was...

Remember when Kadri told Dubas to "kiss his a**" when he raised that cup above his head while JT was looking at another first round exit (the guy we replaced Kadri with) and paying Kerfoot $3.5M for like another two years

I wonder if he invited Dubas to his Stanley Cup party in Toronto. He wouldn't let Dubas to go anywhere near the cup but maybe he was lucky stand in the same room with it
20 mars à 10 h 40
Koivunen is 5'11" 160 pounds playing double the ice size in a soft Finnish league (sounds like a Dubas player). He's not going anywhere near the NHL

Because he got JAKE F**king GUENTZEL. Koivunen was one of the top prospects in the Canes farm system and is already under contract. He was loaned to Finland this year because we don't have an AHL affiliate because Levin threw a tantrum. He's going to be in the NHL soon, and he's got the skill level to be a top six guy in the NHL. He's going to be a very good player, and simply discounting him because he's 5'11 is comical, once again because Seth Jarvis (you know, the guy the Canes fleeced the Leafs for taking Marleau on?) is 5'10. There's less an 0 reason to doubt Koivunen makes the NHL, the issue is where in the middle six he slots in
jfkst1, Leafsfan98 et TheEarthmaster a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 10 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Because he got JAKE F**king GUENTZEL. Koivunen was one of the top prospects in the Canes farm system and is already under contract. He was loaned to Finland this year because we don't have an AHL affiliate because Levin threw a tantrum. He's going to be in the NHL soon, and he's got the skill level to be a top six guy in the NHL. He's going to be a very good player, and simply discounting him because he's 5'11 is comical, once again because Seth Jarvis (you know, the guy the Canes fleeced the Leafs for taking Marleau on?) is 5'10. There's less an 0 reason to doubt Koivunen makes the NHL, the issue is where in the middle six he slots in

I've heard the same thing about Topi Niemela from Dubas fans that he's going to be a partner for Morgan Rielly in the future (this guy isn't going anywhere near a Treliving defense). I've heard the same thing about Roni Hirvonen and how he is a B level prospect.

I just don't see Koivunen being anything because I've seen it and heard it all
20 mars à 10 h 47
1GarthSnowFan
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,803
You see it happen often with teams that are extremely thin in prospect pools. They were good partners because Carolina's prospect pool is so incredibly deep

I am not a fan of that particular strategy tbh and I can’t remember many deals like it tbh. Closest I can think of is when Garth Snow traded Michael Grabner for half the leafs farm team and some guy named Carter Verhaeghe. 🤣🤣🤣
20 mars à 10 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 771
A lot of these aren’t even that bad though when you add the context lol signing Engvall 1.25m x 2 is considered a bad move? Like it’s a mill not really a big deal and he wasn’t even that bad! Ceci for 1 year? Sure the price was a bit high but again, it’s 1 year and he was still young? Try comparing his tenure to Dorion and you’ll have a good laugh
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 10 h 50
"Go sell ice cream!"

There's a 0% chance anyone knows what Koivunen will end up being as prospect development is wildly erratic. But he did have a near historically good season for his age in Liiga so there is at least some indication of potential.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage