SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #5: The Final Stretch

7 avr. à 14 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,001
Quoting: Rangsey
He didn't cross-check someone in the face. If Reilly has done what Brady did we wouldn't be talking about it

He came very close to doing something similar. If the refs didnt get in between him and Hischer and grab him then we would have been seeing a DOPS hearing tweet

Karma hit OTT hard and its golden rn
7 avr. à 14 h 50
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,275
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Both are unwritten rules based on respect for the opponent...

You can't attack one then defend the other because of the team who's doing it...

I'm a Habs fan, I hate both the Habs and Sens. Greig's was clean and warranted nothing. Tkachuk was right to go after Hischier.
7 avr. à 14 h 51
WentWughes
Quoting: aadoyle
mmm no

Both are unwritten rules in hockey

What Greig did was not acceptable and was gonna get a response. Nobody till him has done a slapshot into an EN for a reason

But anyways he learned his lesson

Scoring into an empty net isn't an unwritten rule. That didn't exist until Rielly threw a hissy fit. Sxoding after the white is an unwritten rule.
7 avr. à 14 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 avr. à 15 h 7
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Scoring into an empty net isn't an unwritten rule. That didn't exist until Rielly threw a hissy fit. Sxoding after the white is an unwritten rule.

Who has slapshot into an EN in recent years besides Pinto the answer nobody

Unwritten rule No. 1: Settle down around those empty nets or aka no showboating

Nobody has done it for a reason as guys know its an unwritten rule. Why do you think you dont see people get cheesy with ENG's and just shoot/guide it in.

Pinto had all the time to put it in but deliberately did it to get a reaction and cause of that he learned his lesson the hard way.

Players like Lauzon, Glass, Schenn brothers, Henrique, Smith, etc all said the same thing what Pinto did was wrong and Rielly had every right to go after him

Hockey guys got a good vid on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHDcu_Xqdog&ab_channel=TheHockeyGuy
7 avr. à 15 h 6
WentWughes
Who has slapshot into an EN in recent years besides Pinto the answer nobody

Unwritten rule No. 1: Settle down around those empty nets or aka no showboating

Nobody has done it for a reason as guys know its an unwritten rule. Why do you think you dont see people get cheesy with ENG's and just shoot/guide it in.

Pinto had all the time to put it in but deliberately did it to get a reaction and cause of that he learned his lesson the hard way.

Players like Lauzon, Glass, Schenn brothers, Henrique, Smith, etc all said the same thing what Pinto did was wrong and Rielly had every right to go after him

There's no history on it, because it was nothing until the Leafs took exception for no reason. They lost to a **** team and were embarassed by it.

I've seen countless amounts of people who put the puck into the net at the end of a period/game and every single time someone has gone after them for it.

It's two completely different circumstances, and the only reason this is news is because it's Ottawa and the situation that happened with them earlier this year.
7 avr. à 15 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 avr. à 15 h 25
There's no history on it, because it was nothing until the Leafs took exception for no reason. They lost to a **** team and were embarassed by it.

I've seen countless amounts of people who put the puck into the net at the end of a period/game and every single time someone has gone after them for it.

It's two completely different circumstances, and the only reason this is news is because it's Ottawa and the situation that happened with them earlier this year.

Again your missing it

There's been no history of it cause players knew better. Look at ENG till that one nobody ever got cheeky with em. Pinto knew what he was doing and got what was coming. Rielly yes went a bit to far but instead should have just wailed on him.

If Pinto did that to any other team he would not leave the ice without a similar reaction by the opposing team as they would not have been happy with him.

There isnt just 1 unwritten rule there are many. What Pinto and Hischer did both broke unwritten rules in hockey and both warranted responses

The Karma comes after OTT fans were defending one EN but then going ballistic on another unwritten rule being broken. Sweet Karma lul

Every player who was asked about the situation said the same thing. What Pinto did was wrong and Rielly had a right to go after him

Hockey guys got a good vid on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHDcu_Xqdog&ab_channel=TheHockeyGuy

In the end Pinto learned his lesson and for Hischer dont do it again but thank you lul
7 avr. à 15 h 50
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,393
It's pretty clear the difference between the Slapshot and the Hischier situation.

What Greig did is totally acceptable. You can score however you want when the time is running. Putting the puck in the net, at the end of any period or dead play shouldn't be allowed. Completely different situations

Both Hischier and Greig's actions are fine and both of them are breaking ""the code"". If Hischier had done it when the game wasn't done okay, that'd be more disrespectful, but Hischier's skating down with the puck and momentum when the game ends and just lets the puck slow down by itself into the net, it's a perfectly fine thing to do, none of the 2 sens players right beside Hischier cared but Tkachuk who was halfway across the ice did for some reason
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
7 avr. à 15 h 52
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Both Hischier and Greig's actions are fine and both of them are breaking ""the code"". If Hischier had done it when the game wasn't done okay, that'd be more disrespectful, but Hischier's skating down with the puck and momentum when the game ends and just lets the puck slow down by itself into the net, it's a perfectly fine thing to do, none of the 2 sens players right beside Hischier cared but Tkachuk who was halfway across the ice did for some reason

The game was over when Hischier did it. Clock ran zero when he was near the blue line, and took another 3-4 seconds to skate in front of the net and put it in. That's the disrespect. There'd be nothing wrong if he did that with time left.
7 avr. à 15 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 avr. à 16 h 7
The game was over when Hischier did it. Clock ran zero when he was near the blue line, and took another 3-4 seconds to skate in front of the net and put it in. That's the disrespect. There'd be nothing wrong if he did that with time left.

Well it depends on the situation

Guiding or shooting puck in or on net after whistle is blown is a no no. No matter when he would have did it would have generated a response. In Chucky's case he acted as if Hischer slapped it in. While what Hischer did was not correct bit of an overreaction

But then again thats one that we have seen lead to retaliation before

Landeskog did it a few years ago and got a response from Chicago.
7 avr. à 16 h 2

You clearly didn't read what i wrote, if Hischier did it when the game wasn't done/way after the game was done, that's disrespectful but Hischier only slows down when the horn sounds around the top of the circle and just kinda lets the puck roll into the net, it's not an inherently disrespectful act, if he had put the puck way later/with more gusto in the net yeah sure but he doesn't. Tkachuk's making a mountain out of a molehill
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
7 avr. à 16 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Can NHL bring back 1-8 lul

Current format (West ex)

DAL vs. NSH
VAN vs. VGK
COL vs. WPG
EDM vs. LA

1-8

DAL vs. NSH
VAN vs. VGK
COL vs. LA
WPG vs. EDM

1-8 feels like better matchups
7 avr. à 17 h 26
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,971
I'm a Habs fan, I hate both the Habs and Sens. Greig's was clean and warranted nothing. Tkachuk was right to go after Hischier.

You can't claim one unwritten rule involving respect for the opponent was clean and the other, much less disrespectful version isn't...

Tkachuk wasn't right to go after Hischier bc he's the same guy defending Greig for what he did... That's why he's played the 5th most amount of games for an NHLer who hasn't played a playoff game and could very easily move up that list this time next year... He doesn't/can't control himself
7 avr. à 19 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 303
xekhaj is being held out so he doesn't fight Reaves or Rempe. He looked just fine when he was trying to tell Essymont he was going to rip his head off at the end of the game vs TBL.
7 avr. à 19 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MGK
xekhaj is being held out so he doesn't fight Reaves or Rempe. He looked just fine when he was trying to tell Essymont he was going to rip his head off at the end of the game vs TBL.

He was hurt with a UBI per what I saw yesterday

Might have pulled something
zk97 a aimé ceci.
7 avr. à 19 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 303
He was hurt with a UBI per what I saw yesterday

So they say.

Like I said, he looked fine to me.
7 avr. à 19 h 46
Hakuna Matata
So they say.

Like I said, he looked fine to me.

Sometimes players can look fine than the next day its ouch

Marner skated through his ankle injury then was out for 2-3 weeks
7 avr. à 20 h 44
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,701
Analytics, spam-alytics!
Jake Allen playing out of his mind, on a back-to-back basis, due to a 1st-period emergency insert via injury!!
(looked like starter KÄHKÖNEN took a slapper where the sun don't shine - hope he's OK)...
New Jersey Devils
7 avr. à 21 h 50
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,971
BTW to Habs fans: Good and Bad news:

Good news is: Bobby McMann has tied Pierre Luc-Dubois in goals, despite playing 20+ less games, when he scored on you last night... So you guys dodged a bullet

Bad News is: Bobby McMann is only 1 goal behind Juraj Slavkovsky in 20+ less games... And only 8 goals behind Caufield despite playing 20+ less games
7 avr. à 23 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,068
Havent seen anyone else mention this, but it looks like Hertl will make his Golden Knights debut tomorrow
8 avr. à 2 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Havent seen anyone else mention this, but it looks like Hertl will make his Golden Knights debut tomorrow

Was a smart trade in the end as he's basically Stephenson's better replacement
8 avr. à 7 h 29
Quoting: Leafsfan98
BTW to Habs fans: Good and Bad news:

Good news is: Bobby McMann has tied Pierre Luc-Dubois in goals, despite playing 20+ less games, when he scored on you last night... So you guys dodged a bullet

Bad News is: Bobby McMann is only 1 goal behind Juraj Slavkovsky in 20+ less games... And only 8 goals behind Caufield despite playing 20+ less games

That’s a bit cherry-picking stats, Caufield and Slafkovsky have so many more assists and points than McMann and are on better point paces than McMann
8 avr. à 8 h 12
WentWughes

Xhekaj is hurt, trust me, Xhekaj isn't scared of Reaves, and especially Rempe.
8 avr. à 8 h 12
WentWughes

Xhekaj is hurt, trust me, Xhekaj isn't scared of Reaves, and especially Rempe.
8 avr. à 8 h 15
WentWughes
Quoting: McGruff
Analytics, spam-alytics!
Jake Allen playing out of his mind, on a back-to-back basis, due to a 1st-period emergency insert via injury!!
(looked like starter KÄHKÖNEN took a slapper where the sun don't shine - hope he's OK)...
New Jersey Devils

If NJ acquired him in January, they're In the playoffs. Habs fans have been saying he's a good goalie forever
CantStopWontStop, McGruff et yikes a aimé ceci.
8 avr. à 8 h 53
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 476
Modifié 8 avr. à 9 h 0
I don’t usually root against the leafs, not my default, but tonight I gotta.

I’m kinda been stuck watching the penguins as the extra game for quite awhile now, Erik Karlsson has been sneaky elite. Not like Quinn Hughes, but really good. Odd there hasn’t been much positive talk around him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage