SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #5: The Final Stretch

12 mars à 18 h 35
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
We're approaching the playoffs pretty quickly, so who do you guys think is winning it all this season? What team will make a Cinderella run?

Hard to go against Vegas as it pertains to Cup favourites. I could see Toronto going on a nice run if the stars align, but it is still the Leafs we are talking about. Maybe Philly can make some noise
12 mars à 18 h 39
McMann Season
Mentions "j'aime": 941
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
We're approaching the playoffs pretty quickly, so who do you guys think is winning it all this season? What team will make a Cinderella run?

Hard to go against Vegas as it pertains to Cup favourites. I could see Toronto going on a nice run if the stars align, but it is still the Leafs we are talking about. Maybe Philly can make some noise

I think Leafs are going to go far this season because we didn't make any big moves at the TDL.

Leafs winning when we expect them to fail the most is a Leaf thing to do
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 18 h 43
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,570
Vegas is going to be nasty come playoff time. I think they're gonna be repeat winners and then maybe get a three-peat.
Like who's beating this:

Hertl-Eichel-Stone
Barbashev-Stephenson-Marchessault
Mantha-Karlsson-Roy
Dorofeyev-Howden-Amadio
(Carrier, Kolesar, Cotter)

Hanifin-Pietrangelo
McNabb-Theodore
Hague-Martinez
(Whitecloud, Hutton)

Hill
Thompson
12 mars à 18 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,959
Modifié 12 mars à 19 h 48
Quoting: zk97
Vegas is going to be nasty come playoff time. I think they're gonna be repeat winners and then maybe get a three-peat.
Like who's beating this:

Hertl-Eichel-Stone
Barbashev-Stephenson-Marchessault
Mantha-Karlsson-Roy
Dorofeyev-Howden-Amadio
(Carrier, Kolesar, Cotter)

Hanifin-Pietrangelo
McNabb-Theodore
Hague-Martinez
(Whitecloud, Hutton)

Hill
Thompson

I think its

Barbashev-Eichel-Marchessault
Stephenson-Hertl-Stone
Amadio-Karlsson-Mantha
Howden-Roy-Kolesar

D is tricky but I dont think besides Theodore VGK HC gonna play guys on their offside

Like its either

McNabb-Theo
Hanifin-Pietrangelo
Martinez-Whitecloud

or

McNabb-Theo
Hanifin-Pietrangelo
Hague-Whitecloud

Basically almost a repeat of last years lines but Hertl = 2c and Howden on 4th line with Manthan instead of Smith

But yea when healthy they the team to beat out west
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 19 h 45
They bought it
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 173
Dallas has such a good roster. they have seven 20 goal scorers(!) its a shame one of dallas or winnipeg is gonna be eliminated first round.

out of the east i think it would be funny if philly went on a run. panthers seem too good to be true kinda like last time they won the presidents trophy but damn theyre fun to watch
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 20 h 2
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Quoting: ChevelsDayOff
Dallas has such a good roster. they have seven 20 goal scorers(!) its a shame one of dallas or winnipeg is gonna be eliminated first round.

out of the east i think it would be funny if philly went on a run. panthers seem too good to be true kinda like last time they won the presidents trophy but damn theyre fun to watch

Whoever finishes second is playing Colorado so no, doesn’t mean one of them will lose in round 1
12 mars à 20 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Modifié 12 mars à 20 h 12

Was thinking it’s going to be extremely hard to pick a bracket. Between stars, oilers, jets, Vegas, Avs - atleast one of those teams loses in the first round guaranteed.

I don’t like anybodies chances against any of those 5 in 7 game series. I could see any of those 5 in the conference finals ezpz.

I’d add the Canucks in with them, but they don’t have the recent history of the others. They’re good too tho, making the problem worse.

Imma run my main bracket with the oilers winning barring somebody getting injured. Oilers Hurricanes. Jets Leafs final on the one I make frantically at the 11th hour.
12 mars à 21 h 25
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,385
Quoting: aadoyle
Per Dhaliwal

Hronek Extension could = 8.5m x 8 years

I’m sorry but that’s wayyyyyyy too much for Hronek
McGruff et AK50 a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 21 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

He'd be the highest paid Canuck defenseman...
AK50 a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 22 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Apparently his points per game and Sergechev's are the same or something but idk if its this season or as a whole

Like basically his camp may use that idk. Thats what was said by that Canucks pod guy
12 mars à 22 h 29
Hakuna Matata
He'd be the highest paid Canuck defenseman...

I mean we have seen guys get paid more than their peers even if not as good

Look at TBL

Hedman is making less than Sergechev

But in this case its hard to justify Hronek at 8.5m
12 mars à 22 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 303
I mean we have seen guys get paid more than their peers even if not as good

Look at TBL

Hedman is making less than Sergechev

But in this case its hard to justify Hronek at 8.5m

almost 100 playoff games, 2 cup wins, played Hedman's minutes in a couple of playoff games

vs

0 playoffs yet, some subpar play for Detroit at times
12 mars à 22 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MGK
almost 100 playoff games, 2 cup wins, played Hedman's minutes in a couple of playoff games

vs

0 playoffs yet, some subpar play for Detroit at times

In general the comparison wasnt cups and stuff it was the fact that in Hedman and Sergechev it was a bit questionable to give Sergechev more than Hedmen. I get the contract was earlier and this and that but Hedman was the best Dman in Tampa and should have been the bar unless Sergechev was really putting up some insane stats.

In Van's case its Hughes so Hronek asking for more than him would be odd. Now Hughes will soon get a bigger payday but even then at most Hronek should be in the low 7m
12 mars à 22 h 44
In general the comparison wasnt cups and stuff it was the fact that in Hedman and Sergechev it was a bit questionable to give Sergechev more than Hedmen. I get the contract was earlier and this and that but Hedman was the best Dman in Tampa and should have been the bar unless Sergechev was really putting up some insane stats.

In Van's case its Hughes so Hronek asking for more than him would be odd. Now Hughes will soon get a bigger payday but even then at most Hronek should be in the low 7m

Yeah but Hughes signed a fair deal before he really broke out. I'll bet Vancouver wishes they locked him up for 8 years.

Hedman took a discount in his prime at a lower cap % than what Sergachev signed for.
12 mars à 22 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Yeah but Hughes signed a fair deal before he really broke out. I'll bet Vancouver wishes they locked him up for 8 years.

Hedman took a discount in his prime at a lower cap % than what Sergachev signed for.

Hedman actually signed a pretty fair deal for the time as this was before the year everyone decided im worth 9m

2016 was a different time as by then most expensive Dman who was a weird outlier was Subban at 9m. Everyone else was in the mid to high 7m range (Byfugelin = 7.6m, Ekblad 7.5m)

TBL taxes also apply. And no Hedman signed at a higher cap % at the time

Hedman when he signed = 10.79 and Sergechev = 10.3

Its all about timing and total cap.

But in the end Sergechev making more was a bit questionable
Steven_Stamkos a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 22 h 52
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 314
LOL at Dallas losing a 3-0 lead in their loss tonight.
12 mars à 22 h 58
Hedman actually signed a pretty fair deal for the time as this was before the year everyone decided im worth 9m

2016 was a different time as by then most expensive Dman who was a weird outlier was Subban at 9m. Everyone else was in the mid to high 7m range (Byfugelin = 7.6m, Ekblad 7.5m)

TBL taxes also apply. And no Hedman signed at a higher cap % at the time

Hedman when he signed = 10.79 and Sergechev = 10.3

Its all about timing and total cap.

But in the end Sergechev making more was a bit questionable

My bad on Hedman's cap %, but less than 11% for arguably the top dman in the league at the time was pretty decent. Sergachev was probably worth around 9% of the cap but Nurse and Jones messed up the market (which Hronek might do now).
12 mars à 23 h 31
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,193
Got to go to the sens penguins game tonight, unfortunately missed the first period and some of the second but ended up not missing any goals lol. Close game, great to see OT! Made it super exciting. Marks my 3rd NHL game I’ve seen in person
NorthernLeafsFan05, Sharkie69, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 23 h 32
Lock up Scorofeyev before he gets offer sheeted ffs.
12 mars à 23 h 33
Go leafs go
Quoting: Saskleaf
Got to go to the sens penguins game tonight, unfortunately missed the first period and some of the second but ended up not missing any goals lol. Close game, great to see OT! Made it super exciting. Marks my 3rd NHL game I’ve seen in person

Also ps, not sure if anyone knows what I’m talking about, but that first sens goal absolutely should have counted, refs messed up that call
12 mars à 23 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Quite the game to attend, nice to see Bunting get on the scoresheet! Ive been to one game in person (also at the CTC), Leafs vs. Sens last season when Murray put on a show. It was a fantastic game.

Glad you had a solid time and I commend you for making the trip out in the middle of nowhere to get to that arena
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 mars à 23 h 36
Also ps, not sure if anyone knows what I’m talking about, but that first sens goal absolutely should have counted, refs messed up that call

what happn
12 mars à 23 h 50
Go leafs go
Quite the game to attend, nice to see Bunting get on the scoresheet! Ive been to one game in person (also at the CTC), Leafs vs. Sens last season when Murray put on a show. It was a fantastic game.

Glad you had a solid time and I commend you for making the trip out in the middle of nowhere to get to that arena

Yes it was, I honestly just noticed now that it was Bunting who scored that goal lol! I was so caught up in the fact Pittsburg scored (I wanted OT so bad) that I didn’t realize Bunting was the one who actually scored it. Also the game you went to seems like it would have been amazing!

Lol, yah it’s definitely a hike to get out there from downtown Ottawa. Even worse from North of Gatineau (which was where I was at a ski race)
12 mars à 23 h 51
Go leafs go
what happn

“Goalie interference” that didn’t seem like goalie interference. Didn’t looked like he touched Jarry but it was still called back.
13 mars à 0 h 1
“Goalie interference” that didn’t seem like goalie interference. Didn’t looked like he touched Jarry but it was still called back.

They called it back because Joseph high sticked Jarry. Got the stick blade in the mask.
A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage