SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CGY/VAN) - Lindholm for Kuzmenko, Brzustewicz, Jurmo, 2024 1st (VAN), 2024 4th (VAN)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 févr. à 11 h 46
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,127
Quoting: soxpatsceltics
You keep bringing up the 27%, but he had a great season last year even without an inflated shooting percentage. Half his goals from last year and give him a normal shooting percentage of 13.5% and he still has 60 points and 30 even strength assists. This a good 27 year old player who has just run his course in whatever system he's in, he'll have positive trade value by next year's deadline if Calgary wants to flip him.

It would have been a 20 goal 55 point season with a normal shooting %, and that’s with poor defensive metrics and PP1 time. Wouldn’t pay him anything 5.5 million at all.

If Calgary flips him next deadline 50% retained for a 2nd, they’ll be eating about 7 million dollars for a 2nd round pick. That’s called a cap dump
1 févr. à 11 h 49
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,127
Quoting: mv21227
I don’t think this should be that hot of a take solely because of the spots of the 1st round picks

2023 NYI 1st > 2024 Canucks 1st
Raty = Brzustewicz (could even argue Raty had more value)
Beauvillier < Kuzmenko (not as much of a gap as the 1sts)

Jurmo + the conditional 4th add minimal value

I think a lot of people in here are looking at Kuzmenko as a significant positive value asset rather than the cap dump he realistically is which is skewing perception
HockeyScotty, CSStrowbridge, PrisonBull and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 13 h 13
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 11
Quoting: dgibb10
It would have been a 20 goal 55 point season with a normal shooting %, and that’s with poor defensive metrics and PP1 time. Wouldn’t pay him anything 5.5 million at all.

If Calgary flips him next deadline 50% retained for a 2nd, they’ll be eating about 7 million dollars for a 2nd round pick. That’s called a cap dump

They're not eating 7 million dollars lmao they're not retaining on Lindholm and this year's money is basically net neutral. Calling getting back a guy in Kuzmenko, who will be a positive middle 6 impact on their team, a cap dump is about as accurate as calling Lindholm a cap dump. I'm not going to nit pick about 5 points, and not playing PK does not equal poor defensive metrics, he's worse this year but was above average defensively 5v5 last year probably evidenced by his 30 even strength assists. You've made about 15 comments swearing that Kuzmenko is a cap dump already, but whatever, I'm not going to change your mind. Bottom line is Vancouver paid a premium price in draft picks, prospects, and selling rock bottom low on a quality player for a center who played like a 3C for the last 2 years since Johnny Hockey and Tkachuk left.
1 févr. à 14 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
I'd say this deal is fair and similar to what Vancouver got for Horvat last year. The concerns I'd have if I were Calgary....

- Who is the real Kuzmenko? Last year he led the league in S% and nearly netted 40 goals. This year he's not even tracking for 40 points. He'll be a UFA after next season and if his production stay where it is now, he's not going to have much trade value and likely bolts for more money in the KHL.

- Jurmo & Brzustewicz are both projects, who (based on reports) need to work on their game in their own end. These guys are still likely 2-3 years away from even sniffing the CGY line-up.

In the end both teams got what they were looking for/needed in a deal. I just think 5-6 years from now we'll look back on this and say CGY doesn't have much to show from dealing Lindholm.
1 févr. à 14 h 42
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8
I really respect myself for how right I was last year when my thought was that Vancouver should have traded high on Kuzmenko by last year's trade deadline. I so far have been wrong about the Miller signing. I didn't think it was bad nonetarily but based more on it shouldn't have been longer than 5 years. Firstly I thought that Vancouver should have traded Miller on his high as well and kept Horvat because he was younger. Miller's contract could still age horribly, and there's always a possibility that he could fall off of a cliff sooner than later, but I think that Vancouver will get solid 80-90+ point campaings out of hime for at least the next 3 seasons past this one. I still think Horvat will end up playing at a more solid level of over the entire course of his contract compared to Miller's.
drambui a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 15 h 0
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: ON3M4N
I'd say this deal is fair and similar to what Vancouver got for Horvat last year. The concerns I'd have if I were Calgary....

- Who is the real Kuzmenko? Last year he led the league in S% and nearly netted 40 goals. This year he's not even tracking for 40 points. He'll be a UFA after next season and if his production stay where it is now, he's not going to have much trade value and likely bolts for more money in the KHL.

- Jurmo & Brzustewicz are both projects, who (based on reports) need to work on their game in their own end. These guys are still likely 2-3 years away from even sniffing the CGY line-up.

In the end both teams got what they were looking for/needed in a deal. I just think 5-6 years from now we'll look back on this and say CGY doesn't have much to show from dealing Lindholm.

Doesn't matter, they'll just pay Montreal another 1st to take him lol
ON3M4N a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 16 h 48
and proud of it
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
Quoting: delete
you guys just blew your chance at a cup,the avs really needed Lindy. the canucks gave up more for Lindholm than they got for Horvat. I really like Kuzmenko he has elite skill.

I disagree. There are more guys out there who aren't having a dip in offense
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 20 h 26
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 159
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
I disagree. There are more guys out there who aren't having a dip in offense

ok if you think monahan or henrique are moving the needle good luck with that.you guys need a center not a winger.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 22 h 12
WentWughes
ok if you think monahan or henrique are moving the needle good luck with that.you guys need a center not a winger.

Monahan will move the needle more than Lindholm
HockeyManiac95 et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 22 h 48
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Monahan will move the needle more than Lindholm

are you serious i watched monahan and Lindy for yrs,and its not close.
PrisonBull, TheGxForum et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 22 h 48
WentWughes
are you serious i watched monahan and Lindy for yrs,and its not close.

You watched Monahan on 0 hips
HockeyManiac95 et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 22 h 52
no i watched him from game one.i would of never traded him,and wouldnt have brought in kadri.but there no comparing him to Lindy.
PrisonBull et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 23 h 12
and proud of it

I'm not sure they will either, but again, Lindy is taking a dip rn. And if the Avs have proved anything over the last few years, it's that they can take a player who's not the best, and turn them into a great weapon. They're just built that way. They don't need the best, they need the good. The best is better, but the good work as well.
1 févr. à 23 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 952
If Vancouver has concerns about extending Petey long-term; this move also hedges that position for them. Not saying he is in the same tier as Petey but it's good move either way.

Having said that, Vancouver actually looks really good from a cap perspective next year to extend Petterson AND Hronek AND Lindholm along with their other RFA/key UFAs.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 0 h 51
BigMeech
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 349
Quoting: justinhollfan3
Brz and a first for a ufa center? not to mention kuzmenko? i dont even know lol this seems lopsided to me

Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Love the fit for the Canucks, but this was a fantastic deal for the Flames. Kuzmenko will undoubtedly bounce back, and Brzustewicz will be a star. The draft picks are nice too.

Quoting: McGruff
Guess Patty was a little to giddy over his new deal...
Jim's lost his fast-ball and his able-walker!

5-for-1 trades, one a UFA, are so retro-1990s

Quoting: HolyJumpin81
Flames W Lindholm is overrated imo

Calgary betting big on Kuzmenko to going back to being near 40 goal scorer
Doubt that he will get back to their especially with Kadri and Backlund as his Centers
I mean look what happened to Huberdeau tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 0 h 58
BigMeech
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 349
Quoting: TheLand
CGY 100% won this trade for a rental. Only thing I'd switch is Jurmo for someone else

Quoting: zackhendo
I think this leans in favour of the Flames.

I think people are really underselling Kuzmenko here.

If Kuzmenko returns to form this is an easy win for the Flames. If Brz turns into a player this is an easy win for the Falmes. If they mine a good prospect with the first this a win for the Flames.

If the Canucks make some noise with Lindholm they don't care about all that, and as a fan I'm still excited for the trade - but value wise I think Calgary won here.

Doubt that he will get back to their especially with Kadri and Backlund as his Centers
I mean look what happened to Huberdeau tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 2 h 14
VanFan12
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 98
Quoting: Canucks123

If Kuzmenko ever scores 30 this is a slam dunk win for Calgary. I think both teams did well here.
2 févr. à 3 h 51
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,507
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
It's a 1st, a prospect, and a warm body. The 4th and Jurmo will likely never sign an NHL contract, so it doesn't matter.

This is really a standard trade for a rental.

i think people undervalue kuzmenko a lot. a warm body who outproduced the player he was traded for in the last 2 years is crazy.
2 févr. à 7 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: drambui
i think people undervalue kuzmenko a lot. a warm body who outproduced the player he was traded for in the last 2 years is crazy.

He's good offensively, but not defensively and was a healthy scratch. Maybe he will regain his form in Calgary, or maybe he will pull a Anthony Beauvillier and struggle despite playing higher up in the lineup.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 8 h 23
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: HockeyScotty
If Vancouver has concerns about extending Petey long-term; this move also hedges that position for them. Not saying he is in the same tier as Petey but it's good move either way.

Having said that, Vancouver actually looks really good from a cap perspective next year to extend Petterson AND Hronek AND Lindholm along with their other RFA/key UFAs.

Yep. The Canucks now have much more cap space and only need to sign a few key players. It's not longer a case of how many supporting players are they going to lose. They have close to $40 million to sign Petterson and Hronek, maybe Lindholm, but those will cost a lot and Lindholm will likely leave.

Myers will take a pay cut or leave. Same with Zadorov and likely Ian Cole.

Then you have 4 forwards, 2 defencemen, and a back-up goalie. Most deserve a raise, none of which will be paid more than $2 million. Some will be under $1 million.

They might be able to keep everyone.
PrisonBull et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 19 h 48
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Quoting: drambui

Vancouver as a team has a goal differential of +59 yet Kuz was the only forward on the team carrying a minus rating. He's a defensive liability which is why he was repeatedly a healthy scratch. He's all offense, and when the offense isn't there, he's a detractor for the team.
2 févr. à 21 h 50
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,507
Quoting: Neutral_Zone_Highlights
Vancouver as a team has a goal differential of +59 yet Kuz was the only forward on the team carrying a minus rating. He's a defensive liability which is why he was repeatedly a healthy scratch. He's all offense, and when the offense isn't there, he's a detractor for the team.

people forget his last season quite fast.
delete a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 22 h 36
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
I'm not sure they will either, but again, Lindy is taking a dip rn. And if the Avs have proved anything over the last few years, it's that they can take a player who's not the best, and turn them into a great weapon. They're just built that way. They don't need the best, they need the good. The best is better, but the good work as well.

you guys just let the jets and canucks get ahead of you. you need a 2nd line center and a goalie to help georgiev.the avs are the 6th best team in the west.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
2 févr. à 22 h 56
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: dgibb10
I think a lot of people in here are looking at Kuzmenko as a significant positive value asset rather than the cap dump he realistically is which is skewing perception

He could be both. A cap dump for Vancouver and positive value for Calgary. That's one of the reasons this trade works for both teams. Whether he actually turns out to be positive for Calgary remains to be seen, but I think that's the way they see him now.

Their scouts were right about Sharangovich having good bounceback potential. Kuzmenko seems like more of a gamble than Sharangovich, but I think they must see similar potential there. Not having to retain salary on Lindholm may have been important to them too if they plan to make more trades.
3 févr. à 8 h 52
and proud of it
you guys just let the jets and canucks get ahead of you. you need a 2nd line center and a goalie to help georgiev.the avs are the 6th best team in the west.

We shall see my friend
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage