SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 4 - Mid Season Slump

21 janv. à 11 h 48
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,672
Modifié 21 janv. à 11 h 57
So apparently K'Andre Miller has had a rough stretch in New York, I'd send our 1st out to get him as our 2LD. Good young player with control.

Also before we trade bert out, I want to know what his contract ask is. If we can get a 16/4 I'd keep him
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 13 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,079
Quoting: Random2152
So apparently K'Andre Miller has had a rough stretch in New York, I'd send our 1st out to get him as our 2LD. Good young player with control.

Also before we trade bert out, I want to know what his contract ask is. If we can get a 16/4 I'd keep him

NYR been complaining about both their LD it seems

But its a question of its the losing streak or just them

Like Lindgren was getting flipped here for a 1st on a daily basis lul
21 janv. à 13 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsForLife
Who do you think is going to walk into a bullet first, Keefe or McLellan (in LA)?

I feel Keefe due to pressures here and him not being a Brad choice

Like at the start of the year we didnt have a suitable replacement.

Now there's a cup winner available
21 janv. à 14 h 0
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,046
The more I think about it... The more the Bert goal should have counted lol;

"Kicking refers to a player propelling the puck by way of a deliberate action with their foot. A puck that deflects off a player’s skate, without a deliberate kicking action on the part of that player, will not be considered kicking."

I can't find a video of the waived off goal, but Bert didn't actively kick it, he was getting onto 2 feet... The right call is a goal on that play and the Leafs would most likely go onto win

But trust me, the refs totally weren't bias towards the Canucks
21 janv. à 14 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Dont know if ANA would trade him but would love to get Isac Lundeström

Seems like a nice buy low candidate, 24 years old, Plays C/LW, Can be PP/PK and is Swedish

Can pair him with Holmberg and Jarnkrok next year for a Swede line
21 janv. à 15 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,096
I really like the idea of getting Frost out of Philly. Certainly would solve our dilemma of who becomes 2C post-Tavares
Juice a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 15 h 25
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I really like the idea of getting Frost out of Philly. Certainly would solve our dilemma of who becomes 2C post-Tavares

But at what cost? 2024 1st+Niemela? Maybe, not preferable but maybe

2024 1st + 1 of Minten and Cowan, heck no

I promise you if this coaching staff knew how to use FREAKING AUSTON MATTHEWS AND TYLER BERTUZZI THE RIGHT WAY, we wouldn't be here
21 janv. à 15 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Its honestly baffling to me that there are people who want the Leafs to buy at this years deadline. The Leafs tried to patch the holes in this roster over the offseason (and I commend the effort), but Treliving clearly wants something entirely different from Dubas. Sell the pending UFAs at this years deadline, go out and address the blueline in the offseason with a "TJ Brodie like" signing (Matt Roy in particular stands out as a fantastic target), and clean up at the draft.

We have enough money and a clearer picture of the future to help us retool this roster to Treliving's liking. This year was the awkward transition phase between 2 GMs. Go out and get a young guy like Frost at the TDL and call it a day
oneX, Juice et RipNasty a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 15 h 44
Leafs going to Leafs
Its honestly baffling to me that there are people who want the Leafs to buy at this years deadline. The Leafs tried to patch the holes in this roster over the offseason (and I commend the effort), but Treliving clearly wants something entirely different from Dubas. Sell the pending UFAs at this years deadline, go out and address the blueline in the offseason with a "TJ Brodie like" signing (Matt Roy in particular stands out as a fantastic target), and clean up at the draft.

We have enough money and a clearer picture of the future to help us retool this roster to Treliving's liking. This year was the awkward transition phase between 2 GMs. Go out and get a young guy like Frost at the TDL and call it a day

TBH, I just want the Leafs to acquire guys with term, resign Bert to an 4-4.5 extension and trade Marner at the draft to go after Sam Dickinson... Along with that cap space, go after Pesce and Hanifin...

There you go...
21 janv. à 15 h 54
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 220
Quoting: Leafsfan98
The more I think about it... The more the Bert goal should have counted lol;

"Kicking refers to a player propelling the puck by way of a deliberate action with their foot. A puck that deflects off a player’s skate, without a deliberate kicking action on the part of that player, will not be considered kicking."

I can't find a video of the waived off goal, but Bert didn't actively kick it, he was getting onto 2 feet... The right call is a goal on that play and the Leafs would most likely go onto win

But trust me, the refs totally weren't bias towards the Canucks

Here it is. Timestamp 5:27 to 5:37. Unfortunately, it only has the one angle but something is better than nothing. I've found it in other videos as well, but it's just as grainy, same angle, and no replays.
https://www.nhl.com/video/condensed-game-maple-leafs-at-canucks-1-20-24-6345282645112
21 janv. à 16 h 4
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: LeafsForLife
Here it is. Timestamp 5:27 to 5:37. Unfortunately, it only has the one angle but something is better than nothing. I've found it in other videos as well, but it's just as grainy, same angle, and no replays.
https://www.nhl.com/video/condensed-game-maple-leafs-at-canucks-1-20-24-6345282645112

But that's all the evidence you need to conclude that he got crosschecked which led to the puck deflecting off his foot... Still, should have counted
LeafsForLife a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 16 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 janv. à 16 h 25

I dont see Brad selling as it makes 0 sense for this team to do. They have their issues but recency Bias also be a thing. FLA almost missed but they didnt sell they stood pat but used the fire coach card, same for some other teams like STL who bought one cheap Dman.

Either make a trade for someone with term to give Keefe a new toy or use the fire bullet to allow u to stand pat at the TDL. Or heck do both those be Brads 3 options rn

Like if Brad went and spent assets for Chycrun or Fabbro or someone thats here beyond 4 months I got 0 issues as it allows em to plan ahead for next year

As then they have

Rielly, Chycrun, and McCabe as their LD going into 2024-2025.

As yea as we learned in FA its a world where u can have 4 or 5 targets but end up with one or two and the end result = often overpaying for said guys

Roy for instance could cost us 6.5-7m or we may miss out

We know Brad had his eyes on keeping ROR, Gudas, Dumba, keeping Schenn, Acciari, etc before settling on the others last offseason

Thats how FA works though cant get em all and they may ask for to much or not want to come.
oneX a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 19 h 5
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,640
Quoting: aadoyle
I dont see Brad selling as it makes 0 sense for this team to do. They have their issues but recency Bias also be a thing. FLA almost missed but they didnt sell they stood pat but used the fire coach card, same for some other teams like STL who bought one cheap Dman.

Either make a trade for someone with term to give Keefe a new toy or use the fire bullet to allow u to stand pat at the TDL. Or heck do both those be Brads 3 options rn

Like if Brad went and spent assets for Chycrun or Fabbro or someone thats here beyond 4 months I got 0 issues as it allows em to plan ahead for next year

As then they have

Rielly, Chycrun, and McCabe as their LD going into 2024-2025.

As yea as we learned in FA its a world where u can have 4 or 5 targets but end up with one or two and the end result = often overpaying for said guys

Roy for instance could cost us 6.5-7m or we may miss out

We know Brad had his eyes on keeping ROR, Gudas, Dumba, keeping Schenn, Acciari, etc before settling on the others last offseason

Thats how FA works though cant get em all and they may ask for to much or not want to come.

Leafs are in win now mode but they also have way too many holes to fill to make the team a true contender at the TDL.

This needs to addressed in the off season but I'm not even sure how that happens in the off season with extensions kicking in and others needing new contracts.

I definitely don't see any way this team being improved just magically at the TDL.
21 janv. à 20 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
Leafs are in win now mode but they also have way too many holes to fill to make the team a true contender at the TDL.

This needs to addressed in the off season but I'm not even sure how that happens in the off season with extensions kicking in and others needing new contracts.

I definitely don't see any way this team being improved just magically at the TDL.

I think u address one this year and see. As the weird thing about holes is reg season and playoffs they often differ or almost solve themselves

If Bertuzzi and Domi do what they did these past playoffs theirs the depth scoring

Add a Dman to stabilize things and you have something going

Woll gets hot or continues how he was before he gets hurt theirs the goaltending

So many factors these days but the good thing is playoffs be a different ball game.
21 janv. à 21 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Timmins man lul
21 janv. à 21 h 34
Rip
Mentions "j'aime": 3,129

Maybe. Bert is a good player but I think you can find someone who can do what he does for less.
21 janv. à 21 h 34
Rip

Miller would be a good add
21 janv. à 21 h 37
Rip
But at what cost? 2024 1st+Niemela? Maybe, not preferable but maybe

2024 1st + 1 of Minten and Cowan, heck no

I promise you if this coaching staff knew how to use FREAKING AUSTON MATTHEWS AND TYLER BERTUZZI THE RIGHT WAY, we wouldn't be here

Keefe sucks
21 janv. à 21 h 40
Rip

Makes more sense to sell. Put everything on the core now for this season and bring up some farm hands and see what happens. Sell guys and maybe find some (needing a fresh start candidates) to get younger with some upside. Fill in other holes in the off season but potentially come away with a better direction for the immediate future next season and the season after.
21 janv. à 21 h 40
Rip
TBH, I just want the Leafs to acquire guys with term, resign Bert to an 4-4.5 extension and trade Marner at the draft to go after Sam Dickinson... Along with that cap space, go after Pesce and Hanifin...

There you go...

And you would miss Marner so so so so much.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 22 h 11
Rip
Not saying I think this is likely, but Samsonov figuring it out for a while would be super convenient.
21 janv. à 22 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Nick Robertson scoring? Who could've seen that coming!

I sincerely hope Keefe gives him a chance. I'll be so pissed if this kid gets dealt.
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 22 h 13
Rip
I don't care what anyone says Robertson deserves more than Keefe gives him. At the very least build up his stock to give us better potential trade value.
21 janv. à 22 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
Not saying I think this is likely, but Samsonov figuring it out for a while would be super convenient.

Last year when he had his slump and Murray took over the moment Murray started sucking again Sammy took the net back and never looked back

Despite the end result the DET game showed he was starting to get it together. And tonight he made a nice save in close
21 janv. à 22 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Nick Robertson scoring? Who could've seen that coming!

I sincerely hope Keefe gives him a chance. I'll be so pissed if this kid gets dealt.

Keefe oh he scored hmmm HEALTHY SCRATCH

But yea its funny Keefe complains about ABC

But Robertson solves one of the issues in terms of depth scoring lul

4 goals last 6 games for a third liner who Keefe barely plays lul
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage