Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 3 - Winter Blues

14 janv. à 16 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,152
Modifié 14 janv. à 16 h 57
Quoting: Random2152
I think that's a bad philosophy. Young proven winner who isn't happy with his team. Him and Woll would be insane. 6.4 is what we could do if we got our 1st back

After seeing other goalies in our system go from great to meh would rather just use the assets elsewhere

Anderson
Campbell
Samsonov
etc

Its basically just not worth to go invest in a goalie these days. As the position be Voodo

Just get a nice backup for Woll via FA (Ned, Desmith, Jones, Wedgewood) and spend those assets to go get some defenseman and forward upgrades
14 janv. à 16 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,686
Quoting: aadoyle
After seeing other goalies in our system go from great to meh would rather just use the assets elsewhere

Anderson
Campbell
Samsonov
etc

Its basically just not worth to go invest in a goalie even if young. As the position be Voodo

Just get a nice backup for Woll via FA and spend those assets to go get some defenseman or forward upgrades

I think you're applying lessons from different situations universally
14 janv. à 17 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Btw I dont know how reap the rumours are but I'm hearing the JEE might be available.
That would be a guy I'd sell tons for. Unreal option for this team
14 janv. à 17 h 48
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,304
Btw I dont know how reap the rumours are but I'm hearing the JEE might be available.
That would be a guy I'd sell tons for. Unreal option for this team

Yeah lol he's always been a guy that I've looked at and gone "that'd be sweet but they aren't moving him"
14 janv. à 20 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Really not a fan of this 2 Dman on PP unit 2

Just have Knies or Robertson there
14 janv. à 20 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 janv. à 20 h 30
Its funny how the Wings were mostly on a plane till recently yet are out chancing and playing Toronto this period so far lul

And we had 3 PP's

But hey Sammy's making saves
14 janv. à 21 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 janv. à 21 h 37
Been really impressed with Holmberg hes taking full advantage of this promotion

People upset Knies down on the 4th line but honestly what did he do the last 5 to deserve being up there

Now yes 4th line be a bit extreme (would have him third line) but hey so far so good. Only one im going meh on is the JT line

And yea keep Gio in the presser once we get that RD with McCabe, Benoit = 3rd LD hes earned it
14 janv. à 21 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 janv. à 22 h 2
Unlucky by Rielly but also should have just tried to take a penalty to save a goal.
14 janv. à 22 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Sammy having himself a game and Leafs just be letting him down

Like the man robbed someone and thats how we repay him lul

When its not the defense its goaltending and when its not the goaltending its defense
14 janv. à 22 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Honestly may have to consider sitting John Tavares

Guy just has looked like a ghost these past 5 games
14 janv. à 22 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Since Pummeling SJS

0-2-1

2 multi goal leads blown

And for once cant blame Sammy lul

Brad moves when?
14 janv. à 22 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Sammy having himself a game and Leafs just be letting him down

Like the man robbed someone and thats how we repay him lul

When its not the defense its goaltending and when its not the goaltending its defense

Having the crowd chanting his name only to get scored on immediately is honestly so ****ing funny
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 22 h 18
Hakuna Matata
Having the crowd chanting his name only to get scored on immediately is honestly so ****ing funny

Got to love the turnovers lul

McCabe-Liligren were yea not good two turnovers, two goals for DET
14 janv. à 22 h 20
It's objectively hilarious that Nylander goes pointless in 3 straight almost immediately after signing his extension
aadoyle, Saskleaf et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 22 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 janv. à 22 h 30
Det arrived late

Reimer was in net

Both were on the second half of a b2b and u still found a way to lose

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye Keefe
14 janv. à 22 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 janv. à 23 h 3
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
It's objectively hilarious that Nylander goes pointless in 3 straight almost immediately after signing his extension

I got my money I dont got to play

Man its not looking good so far

Is it to late to call the deal back?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 22 h 33
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,128
I'm genuinely not convinced this team will even make the playoffs, and it's extremely infuriating. The only things preventing this team from being a lock for the playoffs are our goaltending and Keefe. Not sure how many Jays fans we have in here, but it's a nearly identical situation
14 janv. à 22 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I'm genuinely not convinced this team will even make the playoffs, and it's extremely infuriating. The only things preventing this team from being a lock for the playoffs are our goaltending and Keefe. Not sure how many Jays fans we have in here, but it's a nearly identical situation

Oh no there making it as TBL has been ass enough to allow it but they aint making it past the first round unless they fix this Dcore and Keefe's sent into the sun thats all
14 janv. à 22 h 37
I'm genuinely not convinced this team will even make the playoffs, and it's extremely infuriating. The only things preventing this team from being a lock for the playoffs are our goaltending and Keefe.

Keefe, who coached the team to their best two regular season records ever in the past two years, is what's preventing them from being a playoff lock? Come on...
14 janv. à 22 h 37
Hakuna Matata
When 1 of the big 4 is going team has a shot of winning but its not high

When 2 are going they should win

When 3 go it would be a miracle for the other team to win

When 4 go same as 3 and then some

So far

NYI: Matthews 2 goals rest of the big 4 zilch
AVS: None of them going
DET: Marner 600th point everyone else zip

Nylander since getting his money and John Tavares ghosts
14 janv. à 22 h 38
Amirov Forever
Oh no there making it as TBL has been ass enough to allow it but they aint making it past the first round unless they fix this Dcore and Keefe's sent into the sun thats all

Can't blame it all on the blue line. Sammy made some big stops tonight, but he was still only an .870. Woll and Jones have both been fine, but Woll is injured and we cannot overplay Jones. Goaltending is by far the biggest issue. I don't understand why Hildeby doesn't just get a chance, what's the worst that could happen?
14 janv. à 22 h 40
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,246

Don’t get me wrong, I’m starting to go beyond being annoyed at these losses and starting to be genuinely worried, but I don’t think they’ll miss the playoffs unless they continue to lose at this rate.
14 janv. à 22 h 43
Amirov Forever
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Keefe, who coached the team to their best two regular season records ever in the past two years, is what's preventing them from being a playoff lock? Come on...

Yes, he is a major part of it. Obviously it doesn't fall solely on his shoulders, but there have been way too many times throughout his tenure where the Leafs are completely disorganized. It's why we blow so many leads, why he take so many bench minors, why we crumble under pressure. The Wings were dogged tonight and it's the reason they won. His disorganized team structure and the goaltending being s*** will be this seasons downfall.

It's like the Canucks with Boudreau. Tocchet came in, flipped the script, and now the Canucks (who have't really adjusted their roster very much) are one of the best teams in the league.

Give me Dean Evason
14 janv. à 22 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Can't blame it all on the blue line. Sammy made some big stops tonight, but he was still only an .870. Woll and Jones have both been fine, but Woll is injured and we cannot overplay Jones. Goaltending is by far the biggest issue. I don't understand why Hildeby doesn't just get a chance, what's the worst that could happen?

U cant expect that SV to jump higher in only one game lul. He would need a shutout for it to go be higher.

Look at the save he made on Comtpher

2 of DET 4 goals came off turnovers by McCabe and Liligren and another was just Rielly's stick breaking

Sammy played a good game and the team in front didnt do much to reward him.

And man there is gonna need to be a convo around Tavares soon as what I learned is Domi can be a solid 2c for us beyond this season. JT see yah
14 janv. à 22 h 49
Amirov Forever
U cant expect that SV to jump higher in only one game lul. He would need a shutout for it to go be higher.

Look at the save he made on Comtpher

2 of DET 4 goals came off turnovers by McCabe and Liligren and another was just Rielly's stick breaking

Sammy played a good game and the team in front didnt do much to reward him.

And man there is gonna need to be a convo around Tavares soon as what I learned is Domi can be a solid 2c for us beyond this season. JT see yah

No I mean he posted an .870 tonight. 20/23. I get he wasn't as egregiously bad as he usually is, but I still have zero confidence in him whatsoever. The stretch of play has exposed the worst with this team, and it should be an easy enough fix, but Keefe is too stuck in his ways to try and change things. I'll feel alright about this team when Woll is back

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage