Forums/Armchair-GM

Interesting development on Klingberg by Dreger

Créé par: Brad_Treliving
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 22 nov. 2023
Publié: 22 nov. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Darren Dreger on overdrive basically said that the Leafs are trying to make Klingberg "disappear" whether its through trade or LTIR
Transactions
TOR
  1. Tanev, Christopher (2 250 000 $ retained)
  2. Zadorov, Nikita (1 750 000 $ retained)
CGY
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Niemelä, Topi
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
  5. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $79 956 450 $0 $0 $3 543 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Flames de Calgary
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
3 550 000 $3 550 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Flames de Calgary
-1 125 000 $-1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 nov. 2023 à 22 h 45
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,865
Sounds pretty shady to me if they’re trying to put/keep Klingberg on LTIR if he doesn’t need to be. I bet TOR will forfeit a 1st if that happens and it’s deemed to be breaking the rules

Otherwise, Take Niemela out and change the 5th to Villeneuve or Timmins and that’ll get you Tanev 50% retained, but that’s all
22 nov. 2023 à 22 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,017
Yikes — Klinger should have really taken that deal he was offered in Dallas before he decided to test the market👀
Brad_Treliving et GMBL a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 22 h 48
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,704
Klingbergville
Just 20-miles from Robidas Island and take the Murraytown offramp.........cough cough
Kinger25 a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 22 h 54
Banni
Rejoint: oct. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 590
Quoting: KingofRnR
Sounds pretty shady to me if they’re trying to put/keep Klingberg on LTIR if he doesn’t need to be. I bet TOR will forfeit a 1st if that happens and it’s deemed to be breaking the rules

Otherwise, Take Niemela out and change the 5th to Villeneuve or Timmins and that’ll get you Tanev 50% retained, but that’s all

Again over valuing your players this is a more then fair offer
22 nov. 2023 à 22 h 57
TrevorA
Quoting: Kinger25
Again over valuing your players this is a more then fair offer

TOR doesn’t get Tanev for less than a 1st + 3rd + 5th/Villeneuve/Timmins and Abruzzese isn’t worth much either. Could just be a throw in for Oesterle maybe

Go ahead and keep Tiny Timo
22 nov. 2023 à 22 h 59
Banni
TOR doesn’t get Tanev for less than a 1st + 3rd + 5th/Villeneuve/Timmins and Abruzzese isn’t worth much either. Could just be a throw in for Oesterle maybe

Go ahead and keep Tiny Timo

Calgary management doesn’t think the same as you on him they know his value he’s a good young prospect the only one in our system that’s worth a second
Texas416_er a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 1
fromtherivertothesea
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 798
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Yikes — Klinger should have really taken that deal he was offered in Dallas before he decided to test the market👀

Bro fumbled 50M
Kinger25 a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,897
I don't what is with Leaf fans. They seem to great fascination with middling Dmen....as long as are on non playoff teams.
Certainly Dreger's report isn't anything new. Of course the Leafs would love to have Klingberg's cap to disappear.
Trevling's UFA signings have been poor. Gee how you trust him to know value in a trade.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 5
fromtherivertothesea

He maked Murray dissapear ( was really suspicious knowing he was ready couple months before ). Bro isn't getting away with that one💀
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 5
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: future_gm
Bro fumbled 50M

Well we never really know what he was do we? But certainly on CF many thought he was getting 7m X 7.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 6
TrevorA
Modifié 22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 24
Calgary management doesn’t think the same as you on him they know his value he’s a good young prospect the only one in our system that’s worth a second

Please don’t try to pretend you know more about the Flames likes and needs in a Player than me. I don’t know it all, but I guarantee I know more about what fits and doesn’t with the Flames than you do. With Andersson, Weegar, DeSimone and Poirier, the last thing we want or need is Tiny Topi

Stick to your Leafs and pretending you know anything about their Players or GM, who I know better and more about than you as well

I mean, you can’t even justify why you value Liljegren, other than he’s a Young RFA who you think will be something in the future that he never will, so c’mon. You of all ppl should know better by now
CoachCoach a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 8
Banni
Please don’t try to pretend you know more about the Flames likes and needs in a Player more than me

Stick to your Leafs and pretending you know anything about their players or GM, who I know better than you as well

Neither of us know what any of them actually think only time will tell
Texas416_er et drambui a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 10
fromtherivertothesea
Quoting: palhal
Well we never really know what he was do we? But certainly on CF many thought he was getting 7m X 7.

Yeah he got offered 7X7
palhal a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 16
TrevorA
Quoting: future_gm
He maked Murray dissapear ( was really suspicious knowing he was ready couple months before ). Bro isn't getting away with that one💀

Yeah, I’d hate to find out they got away with it. I understand not rushing a player back, but l purposely circumventing the rules is just bad ethics and huge no no, that should be punished heavily
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 18
TrevorA
Neither of us know what any of them actually think only time will tell

Yes and No

Can I read Conroy’s mind, plans and thoughts, no…

Have I been watching and following the Flames Organization long enough to have a pretty good idea of what would interest them or not, yes, I absolutely do
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,094
Modifié 22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 25
I don't what is with Leaf fans. They seem to great fascination with middling Dmen....as long as are on non playoff teams.
Certainly Dreger's report isn't anything new. Of course the Leafs would love to have Klingberg's cap to disappear.
Trevling's UFA signings have been poor. Gee how you trust him to know value in a trade.

Dont know where your getting his UFA signings have been poor

Bertuzzi has got it going

Toronto's xGF%...

When Bertuzzi is on: 63.1%
When Bertuzzi is off: 44.9%

Domi since moving to C has looked good

Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok at 5v5:

Controlled 64% of the expected goals and out chanced their opponents

Reaves isnt needed every game as we saw first 4 he did his thing after we over used him.

The one issue is Klingberg. Now against Van he had a good game but then the injury got worse to where he may need LTIR. He had his PP and offensive uses but due to all the injuries he got exposed bad on the Dcore. Now when it looked like he was going in a positive direction (Van game) he then reaggravated a hip injury.
Texas416_er a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 27
LongtimeLeafsufferer

I'll never understand all this love for Calgary Dmen. As bad as the Samsonov has been at times this season, Leafs having injuries to three of top 7 Dmen, and Klingberg showing nothing, why do the Leafs want to take on a middle pair Dmen (Tanev and Zaradov) at best from the non playoffs, worse GAA then the Leafs?
I really don't see the value for any team to make a trade, unless absolutely have too.

LTIR....Leafs don't have the final say if a player goes (and stays) on LTIR. Independent doctors assigned by the NHL will decide.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 35
TrevorA
I'll never understand all this love for Calgary Dmen. As bad as the Samsonov has been at times this season, Leafs having injuries to three of top 7 Dmen, and Klingberg showing nothing, why do the Leafs want to take on a middle pair Dmen (Tanev and Zaradov) at best from the non playoffs, worse GAA then the Leafs?
I really don't see the value for any team to make a trade, unless absolutely have too.

LTIR....Leafs don't have the final say if a player goes (and stays) on LTIR. Independent doctors assigned by the NHL will decide.

Comes down to better Defence for your Goaltenders and more Scoring, Grit & Meanness from your 2LD/3LD I guess

Tanev is a better Defender than Brodie, who seems to have a lost a step and both Tanev & Zadorov are MUCH better than Giordano, McCabe, Timmins and Liljegren and any other D-Man TOR has

They’re essentially what TOR needs, hence why Leafs Fans rarely propose any Trades for other D-Man and why all the Rumors out there are about Tanev & Zadorov

You would be the minority bid you don’t think Tanev & Zadorov are wanted or needed by TOR, but of course, you’ve been around awhile and know quite a bit, so… 🤷‍♂️
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 41
Hakuna Matata

Not really independent doctors are only sent if the NHL gets suspicious. Often they look over the teams medical records on a player and see if it is justified or not. This was done with Murray over the summer. No NHL doctor looked him over they just looked at the teams records on him and saw he had surgery

Only in select cases (none) has the NHL sent its own doctors to assess if LTIR is legitimate

As lets be real if they actually sent VGK would have been in trouble 2 years ago
Texas416_er a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Honestly the best course for Klingberg LTIR. Get healthy and then by the time playoffs role around you got a pretty good shot at getting in

As were gonna need some offense back there and Rielly cant be the only guy

By then they will be deep enough to where he will be fine and he is a playoff performer

Like if they get Zadorov and Tanev

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Tanev
Zadorov-Klingberg

Aint bad

As honestly I think what were seeing from him is a guy who aint 100%. Lets see once that hips healed what he can do
Texas416_er et Kinger25 a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 45
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Comes down to better Defence for your Goaltenders and more Scoring, Grit & Meanness from your 2LD/3LD I guess

Tanev is a better Defender than Brodie, who seems to have a lost a step and both Tanev & Zadorov are MUCH better than Giordano, McCabe, Timmins and Liljegren and any other D-Man TOR has

They’re essentially what TOR needs, hence why Leafs Fans rarely propose any Trades for other D-Man and why all the Rumors out there are about Tanev & Zadorov

You would be the minority bid you don’t think Tanev & Zadorov are wanted or needed by TOR, but of course, you’ve been around awhile and know quite a bit, so… 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, I don't believe in this nonsense about toughness and grit. I would prefer good, instead of this phathom "grit and toughness". If it's so important and Zaradov and Tanev have it, why are the Flames out of the playoff with them. Hanifan and Andersson are the the top Dmen for Flames, then Weager, and then Zaradov and Tanev. How is that a massive improvement for the Leafs ?
Timmins hasn't played this season, Liljegren and Klingbergt are injured, and the Leafs are doing "OK". No need ot give up a whole whack of futures (which the Leafs don't have).
Now I admit the Leafs may have to get a Dman at some time, especially if the cap allows Klingberg to "disappear" via LTIR;
Never hear about one Tampa Bay trade for Dmen...when there GAA is worse than the Leafs despite some so called high end Dmen. It just seems to me that there is there constant decades old nonsense that all Leaf Dmen are bad, and any other NHLer is better.
NickC1988 et Texas416_er a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,334
Yeah, I’d hate to find out they got away with it. I understand not rushing a player back, but l purposely circumventing the rules is just bad ethics and huge no no, that should be punished heavily

They aren't really circumventing the rules really, they are having guys get surgery essentially so that they go off the books, at least that's the case with Murray. I don't imagine Klingberg (even if he needs it) would want to do surgery especially if his problem is his hip (I think that's what they said), could be career-ending but he'll probably be pressured into doing it if they can't find a trade. Like, Kane it seems he's had this problem for a while but Kane only did the surgery once it caught up to him at 36. Maybe they aren't telling Klingberg to get surgery but if he needs it, which it seems to be the case then he'll just be sitting on LTIR not really recovering most likely, but that too isn't against the LTIR rules.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: GMBL
They aren't really circumventing the rules really, they are having to get surgery essentially so that they go off the books. I don't imagine Klingberg (even if he needs it) would want to do surgery especially if his problem is his hip (I think that's what they said), could be career-ending but he'll probably be pressured into doing it if they can't find a trade. Like, Kane it seems he's had this problem for a while but Kane only did the surgery once it caught up to him at 36.

To me what could be good for him just sit on LTIR and rest that hip. Train and get better than comeback for the playoffs with something to prove a big chip on your shoulders

As last year Toronto besides Rielly got 0 offense from our blue line. No point threat nothing in the playoffs.

Klingberg has shown in playoffs he can generate offense and by the time he comes back we will be deep enough to support him
GMBL a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,334
Quoting: aadoyle
To me what could be good for him just sit on LTIR and rest that hip. Train and get better than comeback for the playoffs with something to prove

As last year Toronto besides Rielly got 0 offense from our blue line. No point threat nothing

Klingberg has shown in playoffs he can generate offense and by the time he comes back we will be deep enough to support him

Even with rest, I doubt that Klingberg would be healthy but maybe he would feel well enough to try to push through it.

What I think will happen though is if Timmins can be that guy, they will convince Klingberg that getting surgery now is his best option. If not, then they will probably go with the resting method in hopes of getting something out of Klingberg in the playoffs.
22 nov. 2023 à 23 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: GMBL
Even with rest, I doubt that Klingberg would be healthy but maybe he would feel well enough to try to push through it.

What I think will happen though is if Timmins can be that guy, they will convince Klingberg that getting surgery now is his best option. If not, then they will probably go with the resting method in hopes of getting something out of Klingberg in the playoffs.

Depends if you rested him from now till March that gives him plenty of time to rest and heal. As if we look he hurt himself in preseason, didnt play then came back looked bad got hurt in OTT than sat out came back vs. Van looked good then went to Sweden and the flight really did him in.

Dont have him travel with the team and reaggravate things. Have him work with the med staff to where it can be contained or controlled till after the playoffs. As honestly against Van he looked good than the plan ride ****ed whatever it was over.

I say rest him. As for Timmins idk if hes gonna be on the playoff roster. As he also has injury problems and Keefe didnt trust him to play last year

Gonna be interesting

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage