SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 2

8 nov. 2023 à 7 h 59
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,093
Quoting: oneX
Agree to disagree on this. They are definitely more than 2 D and a 4th line winger away from being serious contenders. Right now Keefe (who I haven't believed in for at least 2 years) does NOT have a reliable defensive line that he can confidently put on the ice and not think twice about being scored on.

Couple that with the issues on D and the lackluster performance of the new guys and we have a team that will be lucky to win round 1 in the playoffs.

Knies-Matthews-Marner... Or even that 3rd line, who are still solid defensively of Robo-Domi-Jarnkrok... And the 2nd line's mentality is keeping the puck in the Ozone...

Give Bert and Reaves time to heal... Give Sammy time... They'll bounce back and Domi's only getting better and better
oneX a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2023 à 13 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,154
Agree to disagree on this. They are definitely more than 2 D and a 4th line winger away from being serious contenders. Right now Keefe (who I haven't believed in for at least 2 years) does NOT have a reliable defensive line that he can confidently put on the ice and not think twice about being scored on.

Couple that with the issues on D and the lackluster performance of the new guys and we have a team that will be lucky to win round 1 in the playoffs.

2 Dman can fix that pretty quickly depeding on who they are

If Toronto went out and got Zadorov and Tanev Dcore goes from

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren
Gio-Klingberg

Ext: Lagesson

to

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Tanev
Zadorov-Liligren

Ext: Gio

There top 9 looked good like we got a goal from our new third line, and our top 6 looks good, Bertzuzzi is a different manner but meh he will hopefully get going soon. Media be a bit to much with him as its not like hes not done anything.

4th line though definetly a priority after the Dcore. Gregor and Reaves aint what Kampf needs. Either through whose left in FA (Bailey, JP, etc), callup (McMann, Steeves, Ellis, etc) or Trade got to find him linemates.

They have a pretty nice defensive top line in Matthews, Marner, and Knies now all guys who can PK and defend. Also could soon have a new 4th line that encapsulates defense once we get Kampf new linemates.

Like as of now these are the 3 main issues

1. Dcore
2. 4th line
3. PK

Fix the 2 above PK should than improve as if you upgrade the personnel on it should be much better.

Bertuzzi and Sammy are a different manner but both should rebound. Would add Domi but when they moved him to C he looked so much better. Moving his feet more less think more do. Perfect he keeps it up were set.
8 nov. 2023 à 15 h 22
Cowan Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,003
Looks like Domi at centre for the foreseeable future, great news as last game was probably his best of the season (maybe besides last TBL game)
8 nov. 2023 à 17 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2023 à 17 h 54
Dam missed opportunity not to pick up Bogosian for that little

He has familiarity with the org, is a nice PKer and would have been nice on the third pair rn
8 nov. 2023 à 17 h 50
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,661
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Knies-Matthews-Marner... Or even that 3rd line, who are still solid defensively of Robo-Domi-Jarnkrok... And the 2nd line's mentality is keeping the puck in the Ozone...

Give Bert and Reaves time to heal... Give Sammy time... They'll bounce back and Domi's only getting better and better

All due respect man...and you know this...Keefe HAS to have serious confidence aside from that one line so let's not count the Matthews line because the fact is...that line can't play the entire game.

The 3 lines really just haven't been reliable defensively, and this is me saying it nicely because in the playoffs the kinda crap I'm right now won't cut it.
8 nov. 2023 à 18 h 1
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,093
All due respect man...and you know this...Keefe HAS to have serious confidence aside from that one line so let's not count the Matthews line because the fact is...that line can't play the entire game.

The 3 lines really just haven't been reliable defensively, and this is me saying it nicely because in the playoffs the kinda crap I'm right now won't cut it.

That 2nd and 4rth line don't cut it... But give some time to that 3rd line...
8 nov. 2023 à 19 h 26
Hakuna Matata
Think Woll had a pad malfunction unlucky

But yea whole thing could have been avoided if they didnt ice it twice, both those stretch plays were not needed.
8 nov. 2023 à 19 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2023 à 20 h 4
God watching Klingberg might be more terrifying than watching Holl lul

When Timmins is back his time really could be soon coming up

But hey Bertuzzi has looked better
8 nov. 2023 à 20 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2023 à 20 h 18
Honestly I would rather have Lajoie playing 5m than I would seeing Klingberg be a Pylon on skates

Also man whats with that lazy defensive coverage guys just standing around puck watching

Give Woll some help lul
8 nov. 2023 à 20 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 nov. 2023 à 20 h 39
4th line + Klingberg = problem

Gregor and Reaves just dont work with Kampf and Klingberg is ****ing useless

4 guys in deep get caught and then it goes other way and bam

Woll should have also had that but still all starts with bad meets bad
8 nov. 2023 à 20 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Tomorrow there needs to be a personnel change to the 4th line

Gregor and Reaves just do not work with Kampf enough is enough

Call up Steeves and McMann both have earned it

Also McCabe pls come back soon we need you rn
8 nov. 2023 à 20 h 56
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,686
Modifié 8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 4
Quoting: Saskleaf
Bro what whoever accepted that trade needs medical help

@RipNasty

Update on this:
Quoting: Random2152
I already have Hintz so I plan on rehabbing Robo and Flipping him later in the year for a guy who I don't already have teammates for

Robo
Kotka
Byfield

for

Pettersson
Walker

Which means (If you break down the trades into their parts I have traded):

Brown (13th round)-----------------------------------------------------> Tuch (7th Round)
Jarvis (19th round)-------------------------------------------------------> Miro (6th Round)
Vasi (9th round), Forsberg (11th round), OEL (waivers)----> Robo (1st round)
Robo (1st round), Kotka (waivers), Byfield (waivers)---------> Petey (1st round, 3rd overall), Walker (waivers)

I have successfully traded a 9th rounder, an 11th rounder, and 3 waiver claims for EP40
****in' LMAO
Saskleaf et RipNasty a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Robertson 2 games 1 goal 1 assist

While not great defensively 3rd line has just looked so much better
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 20
Hakuna Matata
God our PK sucks

I get it was unlucky but still whats it like 5 PP goals allowed in 3 games
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Team gave up GG

Brad your going to Sweden soon got to make a change
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Woll.......

WHEN YOUR A GOALTENDER TEND THE ****ING GOAL

Now hes broken
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 27
Hakuna Matata
And things looked so good Robertson ties it they had momentum than Leafs decided **** it lets shoot ourselves in the foot
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Neither goalie wants to seize the net do they

Sammy great game in Boston **** game against TBL

Woll great game vs TBL **** game vs OTT

Like wow that got ugly quick
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,136
Yeah Im just going to watch the London Knights this season...

4th line needs a major rework. Waiving Reaves would be a nice start. Klingberg needs to be better, he's borderline unplayable. I get defensive injuries play a part in our blue line being trash, but this is just unacceptable. Pretty sure we played better when we had Ceci and Barrie on the backend. This is just ridiculous
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Yeah Im just going to watch the London Knights this season...

4th line needs a major rework. Waiving Reaves would be a nice start. Klingberg needs to be better, he's borderline unplayable. I get defensive injuries play a part in our blue line being trash, but this is just unacceptable. Pretty sure we played better when we had Ceci and Barrie on the backend. This is just ridiculous

Get Gregor and Reaves off the 4th line would be the best day of my life and Klingberg going to the moon.

While the 4th line had moments its just not good enough. Like they need new personnel for Kampf its not working.

Klingberg I feel they just waiting for Timmins at this point to HS him.

Hopefully McCabe is back Friday they sure as hell can use him. Need to also get these goalies consistent

Wow was that a **** game by Woll. I get some werent his fault but goal 3, 5, and especially 6 not good.
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 41
Just Keep Swimming
Well the good news is that McCabe, Lily, and Timmins will push out Klinger. (Goose can stay as the 7th D).

4th line is harder. Reaves has to go marlies or another team I don't care. Bring me back a Dubas cardio line - it'd be a huge upgrade.

3rd can stay a sheltered offensive line. That's fine
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
For those in the back, THIS TEAM IS NOT A COUPLE OF D AWAY

popcorn-watching-tv.gif
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Well the good news is that McCabe, Lily, and Timmins will push out Klinger. (Goose can stay as the 7th D).

4th line is harder. Reaves has to go marlies or another team I don't care. Bring me back a Dubas cardio line - it'd be a huge upgrade.

3rd can stay a sheltered offensive line. That's fine

To me the 4th line is just not it. Get guys who can play with Kampf as Gregor and Reaves are not that. Either through FA, trade, or call up find players that work

Bailey and JP are available in FA, Steeves, Ellis, McMann are doing work with the Marlies and deserve a shot. Trade idk there probs cheap options

3rd line besides that one bad defensive play where Robertson wasnt even on I liked. Domi drew a penalty but got it to Robertson who scored to tie

At this point I would rather have Lajoie out there for 5mins than Klingberg. Like what does he even do on this team. What. PP dont need him big 4 can do that. PK lul no

And what really sucks is that was Bertuzzi's best game of the season. He actually looked awake and its all lost thanks to whatever the **** happened near the end of the third

Like Gio cant fault for that but afterword's wtf happened.
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan

popcorn-watching-tv.gif

Disagree they are

If you bring in 2 competent D for the backend to where you dont need to have useless Klingberg or guys like Lagesson or Benoit out things will be much better.

McCabe coming back will be a start but they need to add

Like if they had somehow added Zadorov and Tanev for this game and had McCabe back results probs would have been much better

As this is their Dcore rn

Rielly-Brodie
Gio-Klingberg
Lagesson-Benoit

With one trade and getting healthy this is what it could be

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Tanev
Zadorov-Liligren

As you wouldnt have a Pylon out there making b2b2b2b2b2b2 **** plays

Like Klingberg at this point is not even an NHL caliber player
8 nov. 2023 à 21 h 52
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: MatthewsFan

popcorn-watching-tv.gif

The good news is that I don't think we need a Dman.
We got defensively worse UP FRONT this off season. We need to stop blaming the D core (Klinger can die)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage