SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 2

3 nov. 2023 à 13 h 52
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,093
I really can't foresee the blueline being addressed significantly via trade at this point. We can't bring in anyone substantial as is, let alone when Lili returns. I think addressing the issue from within via a Niemela or a Lajoie makes the most sense. Maybe a guy like Bortuzzo works. I just want to see some youth in the lineup, and Topi is a stud
Juice a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2023 à 15 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I really can't foresee the blueline being addressed significantly via trade at this point. We can't bring in anyone substantial as is, let alone when Lili returns. I think addressing the issue from within via a Niemela or a Lajoie makes the most sense. Maybe a guy like Bortuzzo works. I just want to see some youth in the lineup, and Topi is a stud

Agreed, like honestly, what team has the need/want for Klingberg, can fit him into their cap structure, and isn't on his 10 team NTC. And I really hope they don't rush Niemelä this year, let him cook for an entire year in the AHL.
Juice a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2023 à 16 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,064
Modifié 3 nov. 2023 à 17 h 4
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05

Kind of depends.

If its a 3 team trade I could see them try and move Klingberg and bring someone in like Peeke

Or if you can get CBJ to ret that also works

With him being a HS cost should not be that much and even for ret just send a 5th

Other options be Kulikov or Rielly when FLA gets Montour and Ekblad back

While not full time solutions like Timmins they can fill in slots till the TDL where bigger moves can happen
3 nov. 2023 à 17 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,295
I think the wildest take out of all that happened last night is the idea that Keefe makes players be soft and punishes them for standing up for their teammates. Give your head a shake.
MatthewsFan et Juice a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2023 à 17 h 6
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I think the wildest take out of all that happened last night is the idea that Keefe makes players be soft and punishes them for standing up for their teammates. Give your head a shake.

It's crazy the amount of people that are jumping on that take.
LeafsFanForSomeReason et Juice a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2023 à 17 h 9
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
Quoting: aadoyle
Kind of depends.

If its a 3 team trade I could see them try and move Klingberg and bring someone in like Peeke

Or if you can get CBJ to ret that also works

With him being a HS cost should not be that much and even for ret just send a 5th

Other options be Kulikov or Rielly when FLA gets Montour and Ekblad back

While not full time solutions like Timmins they can fill in slots till the TDL where bigger moves can happen

Ya...makes sense from an ideal roster building/supplementing point of view.

From Klingberg's point of view, you just signed here 4 months ago thinking you're going to be on a competitive squad and trying to increase your UFA value for next year...how cooperative are you going to accept a trade?

From a third team's point of view....why trade any of your own d-men now? Still early enough that you don't want to give anything away on the cheap. Unless it's a roster forward for someone's roster d-man I think we need to expect not much to happen for at least another 4-6 weeks...and by that time we may have a healthy blueline again and can focus on something (hopefully) a little more substantial
3 nov. 2023 à 17 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 nov. 2023 à 18 h 34
Quoting: Juice
Ya...makes sense from an ideal roster building/supplementing point of view.

From Klingberg's point of view, you just signed here 4 months ago thinking you're going to be on a competitive squad and trying to increase your UFA value for next year...how cooperative are you going to accept a trade?

From a third team's point of view....why trade any of your own d-men now? Still early enough that you don't want to give anything away on the cheap. Unless it's a roster forward for someone's roster d-man I think we need to expect not much to happen for at least another 4-6 weeks...and by that time we may have a healthy blueline again and can focus on something (hopefully) a little more substantial

Well CBJ is shopping Peeke so the idea to me was

CBJ gets some picks and maybe someone from the third team, Toronto gets Peeke, and third team gets Klingberg who CBJ ret some salary on and some assets

Kind of like that crazy trade between Philly, LA, and Columbus

Where LA got out of Peterson at the cost of ret on Provarov or something like that need to check. But yea we get out of Klingberg, CBJ out of Peeke, and third team gets Klingberg and some assets

Gonna be tricky but no 1sts will be required

When Liligren returns blue line's

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren
Gio-Peeke

Extra: Timmins
3 nov. 2023 à 18 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 3 nov. 2023 à 19 h 15

CBJ gets some picks and maybe someone from the third team, Toronto gets Peeke, and third team gets Klingberg who CBJ ret some salary on and some assets

Where LA got out of Peterson at the cost of ret on Provarov or something like that need to check. But yea we get out of Klingberg, CBJ out of Peeke, and third team gets Klingberg and some assets

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren
Gio-Peeke

K I think I have come up with something its still stupid early stage but I think it works well for everyone

Trade is between Toronto, SJS, and CBJ

In the end of the trade

Toronto gets Peeke and wiggle room

SJS Gets Texier, Klingberg (50% ret from CBJ), a 2025 3rd from Toronto and a 2024 3rd from CBJ

CBJ gets cap space and a 2024 3rd from Toronto along with maybe someone from SJS (Kunin)

Klingberg helps SJS tank
Toronto gets someone to play and stabilize things for now and some wiggle room
And Columbus gets something for Peeke.

So going back to Toronto they than get wiggle room to have Timmins back a 22 man team and can have Reaves rotate in and out depending on matchups
3 nov. 2023 à 19 h 15
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,663
Modifié 3 nov. 2023 à 21 h 42
Can't remember who wanted Gazizov so I won't quote anyone but watching him it is pretty clear he doesn't have it - certainly not as an NHL deal. Maybe an ECHL contract if we have a roster spot open but I'm not worried if he 'gets away'

McCue on the other hand would be a nice Marlie
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2023 à 19 h 25
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,663
Modifié 3 nov. 2023 à 21 h 42
Holy **** Easton Cowen.

2 great assists tonight. He is so damn good
NorthernLeafsFan05, aadoyle et Juice a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2023 à 21 h 45
Ovchinnikov 137

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren
Gio-Peeke

We have all been harping on this team needs quick, puck moving, offensive D and that’s what you would want Treliving to do?

Legit not trying to be a smart ass, just curious.

I am honestly pretty close to just ride this season out, sign Nylander to an extension and just add some depth D to cover for the injuries right now.

This team has way too many issues that one defensive D can fix.
3 nov. 2023 à 23 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Mentions "j'aime": 6,093
Quoting: Random2152
Can't remember who wanted Gazizov so I won't quote anyone but watching him it is pretty clear he doesn't have it - certainly not as an NHL deal. Maybe an ECHL contract if we have a roster spot open but I'm not worried if he 'gets away'

McCue on the other hand would be a nice Marlie

🤚

Wanted him take a flyer on him but it's becoming abundantly clear he doesn't have it. Cowan was real good tonight though so there's that
4 nov. 2023 à 1 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2023 à 2 h 57
Quoting: MatthewsFan
We have all been harping on this team needs quick, puck moving, offensive D and that’s what you would want Treliving to do?

Legit not trying to be a smart ass, just curious.

I am honestly pretty close to just ride this season out, sign Nylander to an extension and just add some depth D to cover for the injuries right now.

This team has way too many issues that one defensive D can fix.

The puck mover can come at the TDL this is more so to increase flexibility and add a guy who should do well with Gio

Could also rotate him and Timmins rotate or go 7 D

Cause maybe going 7 D and now having Klingberg or Reaves in ever night can help

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren
Gio-Peeke
Timmins

Basically what we did last year

Timmins to stabilize then add McCabe, Schenn, etc at TDL
4 nov. 2023 à 13 h 35
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,295
Probably being too optimistic, but maybe, just maybe, this whole Liljegren thing can be a turning point for the team in terms of responses on plays like that and extra-curricular activities. The reaction among fans and media is big as ever but the reporters also seem to be grilling them a little more about it and the answers - though until the words become actions are useless - are encouraging.

Reaves said it was addressed in the room and it won't happen again. Really hope the conversation from his side was that he'll have their back anytime so long as they have each other's. The players on this team need a change from within themselves so badly.
oneX a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2023 à 15 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 46
Once McCabe is back I would send one of those 2 Dman called up down call up someone to play on the 4th line

Enough is enough

Gregor and Reaves should not be there anymore they dont work

Waive Gregor rotate Reaves

Candidates: Ellis, McMann, Steeves
4 nov. 2023 à 19 h 6
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,636
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Probably being too optimistic, but maybe, just maybe, this whole Liljegren thing can be a turning point for the team in terms of responses on plays like that and extra-curricular activities. The reaction among fans and media is big as ever but the reporters also seem to be grilling them a little more about it and the answers - though until the words become actions are useless - are encouraging.

Reaves said it was addressed in the room and it won't happen again. Really hope the conversation from his side was that he'll have their back anytime so long as they have each other's. The players on this team need a change from within themselves so badly.

Phew! Thank the heavens someone said something /sarcasm

Really tho, the core guys need to wake up and realize that the the team more than 3-4 guys and everyone deserves to be defended, cheap shot/clean play or otherwise.

BTW I don't care what gets said...actions mean more from here on out.
4 nov. 2023 à 19 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 0
So far first half of first period Leafs looked better to bad for that stupid penalty by Jarnkrok. Got to have better awareness as he got on to soon and gifted Buffalo a PP

PK still needs work man its been rough.

Man things were going good till that sequence

Highlights the point net front defender still needed. Nobody pushing the screen out of the way so Woll left guessing

But yea not great that after Buffalo tied it all that work almost went away and they were chasing a bit to much till they were gifted a PP

Need to be better all through the second and not gift Buffalo anything
4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Well we be gifting Buffalo again RIP

This is when u bench Marner but than Woll also did a Dang-IT so yea

**** leads to more **** lul
4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 43
Why can the leafs never play Buffalo well

They looked so good then just start gifting Buffalo breakaways and goals

And Buffalo played the night before and so far have looked better since scoring on the PP

And once again gifiting a rookie his first point

RIP
4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 58
Not saying Woll has not been good but goal 2 and 3 he should have had

Leafs be to sloppy this game. Like all those plays that lead to Buffalo goals could have been avoided

And why Keefe decides after the PP to put the 4th line out is beyond me

Need to get rid of Gregor and put Reaves in the pressbox its just not working no matter if its Holmberg or Kampf centering them

Gimmie McMann and Steeves pls or heck waive Gregor sign JP idc
4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 55
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,018
Leafs suck rn
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2023 à 20 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Leafs suck rn

They looked so good in the first half of the first than Jarnkrok did a stupid and it went down hill from there

Like they are just shooting themselves in the foot

What happened to the team that was playing great the first 20mins

Its tough as Woll other than goal 2 and 3 was good

Marner scores than makes a bad play that let Thompson score meme goal of the year

Keefe after they tied it made a dumb decision putting the 4th line with the third pair out there.

Its the shoot me in the foot x 3

They need a net front defender, need to revamp this 4th line, and need to get consistent. They get shaken way to easily

Who cares if its tied keep going fight
4 nov. 2023 à 21 h 2
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,018
They looked so good in the first half of the first than Jarnkrok did a stupid and it went down hill from there

Like they are just shooting themselves in the foot

What happened to the team that was playing great the first 20mins

Its tough as Woll other than goal 2 and 3 was good

Marner scores than makes a bad play that let Thompson score meme goal of the year

Keefe after they tied it made a dumb decision putting the 4th line with the third pair out there.

Its the shoot me in the foot x 3

They need a net front defender, need to revamp this 4th line, and need to get consistent. They get shaken way to easily

Who cares if its tied keep going fight

Don't care, they are on pace for their 4rth straight loss... Unacceptable...
4 nov. 2023 à 21 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 nov. 2023 à 21 h 20
Klingberg is ****ing useless

Keep him benched idc if we go with 5 Dman
CameronSquires et Random2152 a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2023 à 21 h 13
Sadness
Mentions "j'aime": 969
Klingberg - the ultimate pylon

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage