Forums/Armchair-GM

Bad contract for bad contracts

Créé par: SGB88
Équipe: 2023-24 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 22 oct. 2023
Publié: 22 oct. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I know this is crazy. Jones has a terrible contract that goes on forever. But I think he could look good with Hughes and it could solidify our top pair forever and the Canucks are determined to go for it. Chicago gets rid of one of there worst mistakes in a way that will help there long term plan to build around Bedard. I've made 2024/25 roster to show this fits with next year's roster.

Space let's the Canucks sign Bear when he's healthy.

This is supposed to be a fun idea not a realistic one, but I'm curious on thoughts.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 500 000 $
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $80 484 167 $850 000 $0 $3 015 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 oct. 2023 à 14 h 28
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,078
Hawks don't need cap space. If you want a top pair RD your gonna pay top pair RD prices.
RicXX, JayTea, ChiHawk and 2 others a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 14 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 201
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Hawks don't need cap space. If you want a top pair RD your gonna pay top pair RD prices.

This isn't about cap space for this year. It's about cap space 3 years from now when you need to sign Bedard.
22 oct. 2023 à 14 h 51
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,089
Quoting: SGB88
This isn't about cap space for this year. It's about cap space 3 years from now when you need to sign Bedard.

I’m guessing you haven’t actually looked at their cap situation but I think they’ll have no problem paying Bedard whatever he wants in 3 years. lol
RicXX, ChiHawk, thesaadfather and 3 others a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JayTea
I’m guessing you haven’t actually looked at their cap situation but I think they’ll have no problem paying Bedard whatever he wants in 3 years. lol

True but presumably they'll want other good players too that will you cost cap space since they'll be going for it then.

I guess I have a question for you if you could buy out Jones right now (and only right now) for no penalties would you do it? If I was Chicago I would. That's why I think they would take this. This is far crazier from the Canucks perspective IMO. Like Jones has to be over paid by at least 3-4m by his current standard of play and he has so many years left.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,319
Hard pass on Jones and that salary. This is basically the OEL trade all over again. Short term commitment out to take on long term commitment on a player that has big question marks given the contract.
22 oct. 2023 à 15 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Hawks say yes and run away before Canucks change their mind.
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 9
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 11,097
True but presumably they'll want other good players too that will you cost cap space since they'll be going for it then.

I guess I have a question for you if you could buy out Jones right now (and only right now) for no penalties would you do it? If I was Chicago I would. That's why I think they would take this. This is far crazier from the Canucks perspective IMO. Like Jones has to be over paid by at least 3-4m by his current standard of play and he has so many years left.

Quoting: mpf1989

NO! The Hawks would NOT buy out Jones!

Hawks easily decline. In the short term, Jones cap hit the next 2 or 3 seasons helps Chicago get to the cap floor. And he's easily the best player in this deal BY FAR. Hawks aren't trading a top pair RD for a package that literally has NOTHING included that helps their rebuild. Jones may be overpaid, but a top pair RD is gonna cost at least $7m a year anyway. The cap is going to go up substantially over the next five seasons. His cap hit won't be an issue.
JK74, Garak et SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,350
CHI doesn't think Jones has a bad contract. We aren't trying to "dump" him. And I don't foresee his contract becoming a problem, even when it is time to re-sign Bedard. JFresh player cards are a tool not an authority. As I have said many times before, Jones needs to be paired with a big defensive defenseman to have success, like he did with Gavrikov and is now doing with Vlasic. Chemistry and coaching play a bigger role than advanced analytics are capable of accounting for. So, no, we aren't taking on other teams bad contracts in order to move his contract. Pay for him if you want him, that is, if he even wants to move, because he has a full NMC.
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 36

You know how many players that have contracts with the hawks 3 years from now? 1. Seth Jones. They'll be fine.
Garak a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 16 h 36

lol. If by "yes" you meant "no. and they hang up the phone", then I agree with you.
22 oct. 2023 à 18 h 1
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,089
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
You know how many players that have contracts with the hawks 3 years from now? 1. Seth Jones. They'll be fine.

If only there was some site where people could go to see this type of information..
SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 19 h 54
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 129
Is this Benning? Have you re-emerged Jimbo?
This smells of a Benning trade.
22 oct. 2023 à 20 h 22
Quoting: JayTea
If only there was some site where people could go to see this type of information..

One day.
JayTea a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2023 à 13 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Quoting: Garak
lol. If by "yes" you meant "no. and they hang up the phone", then I agree with you.

I think if Davidson could have moved Jones already, he would have. He's already moved on from as many Stan acquisitions as possible. I get that the cap is going up and his money won't be a major issue, but he's still a problem. He's a 2nd pair D-man on good team. They're this bad with him so what does it matter if they dump him?
27 oct. 2023 à 13 h 28
I think if Davidson could have moved Jones already, he would have. He's already moved on from as many Stan acquisitions as possible. I get that the cap is going up and his money won't be a major issue, but he's still a problem. He's a 2nd pair D-man on good team. They're this bad with him so what does it matter if they dump him?

Well, no. Jones has a full NMC. So, he is in complete control. But, if you notice the moves KD has made, they were for positive value that ADDS to the rebuild. He would not move him at some insane loss and take a bunch of scraps back. This proposal would be an absolutely insane loss while adding a bunch of cap dumps, some with term, AND adding a bunch of players we don't need and don't help our rebuild to an already crowded roster.

Also, Hawks fans need to stop contributing to the narrative that Jones is bad. Jones is a good #1 top pairing dman, who we paid too much for in the trade and gave a million or two per year more than we should have.
27 oct. 2023 à 13 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Well, no. Jones has a full NMC. So, he is in complete control. But, if you notice the moves KD has made, they were for positive value that ADDS to the rebuild. He would not move him at some insane loss and take a bunch of scraps back. This proposal would be an absolutely insane loss while adding a bunch of cap dumps, some with term, AND adding a bunch of players we don't need and don't help our rebuild to an already crowded roster.

It's addition by subtraction, not hard to see how this helps Chicago long term it really comes down to how good you think Jones is relative to his contract.
27 oct. 2023 à 13 h 35
It's addition by subtraction, not hard to see how this helps Chicago long term it really comes down to how good you think Jones is relative to his contract.

No. He is worth more to CHI on the roster than off it. Plain and simple. His contract is not a problem, and the only point at which it MIGHT become a problem is like 5 years from now, IF he is in heavy decline, at which point they will have had plenty of time to plan for such an event. It will be an easy situation to navigate, if it even comes to that. There is no Jones problem.
27 oct. 2023 à 14 h 0
Démarrer sujet
No. He is worth more to CHI on the roster than off it. Plain and simple. His contract is not a problem, and the only point at which it MIGHT become a problem is like 5 years from now, IF he is in heavy decline, at which point they will have had plenty of time to plan for such an event. It will be an easy situation to navigate, if it even comes to that. There is no Jones problem.

That's a valid, view. I didn't think Chicago fans saw him that way. If you see him that way obviously this makes no sense. I saw his value as about 3-4m overpaid for position and quality, which is what would make this trade make sense. I hope that at least explain to you where I'm coming from, even if you don't agree with my assessment.
Garak a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2023 à 14 h 6
That's a valid, view. I didn't think Chicago fans saw him that way. If you see him that way obviously this makes no sense. I saw his value as about 3-4m overpaid for position and quality, which is what would make this trade make sense. I hope that at least explain to you where I'm coming from, even if you don't agree with my assessment.

Sure makes sense. I've been dealing with people who have the same outlook for the last two years. So, sorry if my response seemed abrasive. Everyone assumes this, because JFresh and Dom Loosechicken say so. But their models are flawed. And even if they were right, there is no point in paying to move him. This rebuild is going to take longer than most people seem to think, and there will be barely any term left on his deal when/if it becomes a problem, especially with how much the cap is going up over the next few years. In a couple years, $9.5 will be a fairly standard cap hit anyway, with the way NHL salaries are trending. If he is still playing well in the last few years of his contract, it could even end up looking like a bargain.
27 oct. 2023 à 14 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Sure makes sense. I've been dealing with people who have the same outlook for the last two years. So, sorry if my response seemed abrasive. Everyone assumes this, because JFresh and Dom Loosechicken say so. But their models are flawed. And even if they were right, there is no point in paying to move him. This rebuild is going to take longer than most people seem to think, and there will be barely any term left on his deal when/if it becomes a problem, especially with how much the cap is going up over the next few years. In a couple years, $9.5 will be a fairly standard cap hit anyway, with the way NHL salaries are trending. If he is still playing well in the last few years of his contract, it could even end up looking like a bargain.

Totally reasonable. Hey, none of truly know anything about objectively how good a player is, and you watch your team way more than me. I just go off what I hear and the models because that's the best information I have.

As Canucks fan I traditionally am supposed to hate Chicago, but I've always liked them because they have traditionally had so many BC players and I loved Toews (Kane less so, although obviously he was great and exciting, I just found him winey and arrogant, fairly or not). With Bedard on the team now and the rivalry pretty cooled they are going to be the second team I'm cheering for, at least until we steal Bedard a la Tavares wink

I truly proposed this trade because I thought it could be win-win for both teams.
Garak a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2023 à 15 h 52
Totally reasonable. Hey, none of truly know anything about objectively how good a player is, and you watch your team way more than me. I just go off what I hear and the models because that's the best information I have.

As Canucks fan I traditionally am supposed to hate Chicago, but I've always liked them because they have traditionally had so many BC players and I loved Toews (Kane less so, although obviously he was great and exciting, I just found him winey and arrogant, fairly or not). With Bedard on the team now and the rivalry pretty cooled they are going to be the second team I'm cheering for, at least until we steal Bedard a la Tavares wink

I truly proposed this trade because I thought it could be win-win for both teams.

For sure. I probably watch junior and college more than anything these days. Then I'll just catch the Sportsnet highlights on youtube of NHL games.

Ain't no way y'all are stealing Bedsy! haha

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage