27 mar 2019
Wild du Minnesota
Deuxième équipe préférée
Capitals de Washington
Messages dans les forums
Messages par jour
Sujets de discussion
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>FloppyBiscuit</b></div><div>That's exactly what I'd expect/prefer too. But in swapping Bonino for Kerfoot, we can play Kerfoot in the top-6, hope his numbers go back to where they were when he was in Colorado, then leave him exposed in the expansion draft (with the small advantage of him being under contract, helping fulfill the E.D. requirements without needing to use Rask then) with the belief Seattle will select him instead of Greenway, Soucy, Talbot (or Kahk). I'd gladly miss out on the potential late 2nd round pick we could maybe get for Bonino at the deadline if that means we don't lose any of the aforementioned players that could be more important to our future. This isn't "I want Kerfoot so we don't need Rask," this is "try to use Kerfoot to save players I'd prefer the Wild to keep."</div></div>
Here's the thing from my perspective: if Greenway finally shows some consistency, they're not taking Kerfoot over him and if he doesn't, Seattle can have him. Soucy was good (but not great) in a top 4 role, but not anything they absolutely need with Addison and Menell (who I think will be back if he's good in the KHL) under team control. Talbot? His contract was bad before the ink dried, so we're lucky if they take him.
I'd rather the Wild get whatever futures for Bonino to give them more draft currency to use or add to a package to trade for a 1C. He's a proven 3C on a Cup winning team, that will have value at the deadline.
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>BeterChiarelli</b></div><div><a href="https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/granlmi01.html" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" target="_blank">https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/granlmi01.html</a>
Granlund had a pace of 2.381 faceoffs per game this season. Most top-six centers take approximately 10 faceoffs per game.
If we make the assumption that all of Granlund's faceoffs came during games he was actually playing center, not just coming in after his pivot was waived, then he played about 15 games (maximum) as a center last year. At most, he was a center for 23.8% of last season. What about the other 76.2%?
Granlund isn't a full-time center, and very much should not be pencilled in as an option to pivot in a team's top-six. You don't actually have to watch the games to prove that, all you need is a modicum of common sense.
Strange that the both of you insist that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, complain about them being annoying, insist that other users should check their opinions against statistics, then turn around and do the exact opposite of all of that. Be better.</div></div>
I was going to say I've seen Granlund take some faceoffs when the actual center on his line gets booted from the dot, but he didn't play center on any of the games the Wild played the Preds in since he was traded and outside of an odd shift at center if someone was injured or in the penalty box, he didn't play center for the last 2 1/2 years of playing for the Wild.