Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 sept. 2023 à 11 h 39
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,272
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Fair deal.
Canucks get cap compliant with a needed backup.

Habs use cap space and will flip Pearson down the line, get a 3rd which the Habs love to hoard…ALWAYS..make DeSmith happy

Habs will need to get creative on the wings.

Pearson, Armia could both be put on waivers at this point. Guys like Joshua Roy, Emil Heinemen , Sean Farrell deserve to be given a chance after the rookie showcase and performance last season.

Don't see Roy being put on a carousel. He should spend the entire year in Laval. Pearson will be a 4th liner for us. Let him play Top line PK. Also brings good leadership and SC pedigree. Armia should spend the entire season in the pressbox.
20 sept. 2023 à 13 h 9
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 27
I can't wait for the Jeff Petry full trade tree in a couple of years...
20 sept. 2023 à 15 h 57
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Canucks clearly win. They had no #2 goalie and now they have one in DeSmith. 3rd round pick is an adequate price for this.
RawDeal et PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 17 h 46
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: Pete
Canucks clearly win. They had no #2 goalie and now they have one in DeSmith. 3rd round pick is an adequate price for this.

Its no clear win. Its a deal that makes sense for both sides. Vancouver paid a 3rd to dump Pearson. Guys like DeSmith have little value around the league when there were backups to sign in the offseason. Mtl needed to dump a goalie. Montembeault is the number 1 and Allen is a trusted veteran.
majormoose007 a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He's going to help Vancouver be even more Mid. They're the 6th best team in the Pacific, the only thing DeSmith will do is win them a few more games which will keep them middle of the draft. It hurts Vancouver both ways. Trading away picks while getting better, but not good enough.

Some people think Vancouver can make the playoffs this season, so those few more wins could make a difference. Even if it’s not a realistic expectation, they probably need to look like they’re trying so Pettersson will want to sign long term.
RawDeal a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 20 h 38
WentWughes
Quoting: jr400
Some people think Vancouver can make the playoffs this season, so those few more wins could make a difference. Even if it’s not a realistic expectation, they probably need to look like they’re trying so Pettersson will want to sign long term.

There isn't a chance in hell that Vancouver makes the playoffs this year. Even if both wildcard teams are from the Pacific, Vancouver still won't be one of them. They're easily a bottom 10 team.
20 sept. 2023 à 21 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,346
There isn't a chance in hell that Vancouver makes the playoffs this year. Even if both wildcard teams are from the Pacific, Vancouver still won't be one of them. They're easily a bottom 10 team.

Canucks can easily make it in the west. They weren’t bottom 10 last year with Demko only playing 17 healthy games, and got better this offseason, so how exactly would they finish bottom 10 this year?
CSStrowbridge et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 21 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
I like this trade for both sides. Vancouver gets a cap dump and solid back up. Montreal gets a pick
RawDeal a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 23 h 6
WentWughes
Quoting: mv21227
Canucks can easily make it in the west. They weren’t bottom 10 last year with Demko only playing 17 healthy games, and got better this offseason, so how exactly would they finish bottom 10 this year?

They're the 6th best team in the Pacific. Tell me what 10 teams they are better then.
20 sept. 2023 à 23 h 16
They're the 6th best team in the Pacific. Tell me what 10 teams they are better then.

They’re gonna be 5th in the Pacific, ahead of Calgary. Closer to 4th than 6th

They are also at worst better than Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, Nashville, Arizona, St. Louis, Montreal, Philadelphia, Detroit, Washington, and Columbus

I think they also do better than Winnipeg, Calgary, and possibly Florida, and NY Islanders
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 12 h 20
Hockey/Caps fan
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 148
I think DeSmith is worth more than Pearson + a 3rd. DeSmith's save percentage has been above 0.900 his whole career. Good trade for Van, that also gets them cap friendly.
CSStrowbridge et PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 15 h 58
Mentions "j'aime": 855

Definitely better than:

1 Anaheim Ducks
2 Chicago Blackhawks
3 Columbus Blue Jackets
4 San Jose Sharks
5 Montreal Canadiens
6 Arizona Coyotes
7 Philadelphia Flyers
8 Detroit Red Wings

Likely better than

9 St. Louis Blues
10 Washington Capitals
11 Seattle Kraken

Probably better than

12 Nashville Predators
13 Ottawa Senators

On par with

13 Buffalo Sabres
14 Florida Panthers
15 New York Islanders
16 Calgary Flames
17 Winnipeg Jets
RawDeal a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 16 h 25
WentWughes
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Definitely better than:

1 Anaheim Ducks
2 Chicago Blackhawks
3 Columbus Blue Jackets
4 San Jose Sharks
5 Montreal Canadiens
6 Arizona Coyotes
7 Philadelphia Flyers
8 Detroit Red Wings

Likely better than

9 St. Louis Blues
10 Washington Capitals
11 Seattle Kraken

Probably better than

12 Nashville Predators
13 Ottawa Senators

On par with

13 Buffalo Sabres
14 Florida Panthers
15 New York Islanders
16 Calgary Flames
17 Winnipeg Jets

You a highly overrating them.

I put them in the 8-11 group (Add Detroit to that group). They aren't better than Nashville or Ottawa and aren't on par with those teams you mentioned.
21 sept. 2023 à 21 h 55
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Definitely better than:

1 Anaheim Ducks
2 Chicago Blackhawks
3 Columbus Blue Jackets
4 San Jose Sharks
5 Montreal Canadiens
6 Arizona Coyotes
7 Philadelphia Flyers
8 Detroit Red Wings

Likely better than

9 St. Louis Blues
10 Washington Capitals
11 Seattle Kraken

Probably better than

12 Nashville Predators
13 Ottawa Senators

On par with

13 Buffalo Sabres
14 Florida Panthers
15 New York Islanders
16 Calgary Flames
17 Winnipeg Jets

I put them in the 8-11 group (Add Detroit to that group). They aren't better than Nashville or Ottawa and aren't on par with those teams you mentioned.

Interesting debate about how good Vancouver is, and whether there’s any hope of them making the playoffs. The last two seasons they started off badly but played like a playoff team after a mid-season coaching change, so it seems like the key to their success is to figure out how to play like they have a new coach all year. Demko staying healthy would help too.

On the negative side, they’ve lost Horvat and it looks like the two prospects they got for him aren’t ready to make an impact yet – only Beauvillier is likely to be a starter. They brought in Suter and Blueger, but they’re not going to replace Horvat. Pettersson is coming off a career year that he probably needs to repeat for them to be a playoff team. However, I think there’s a chance that the rebuilt defence could make up for what they lose on offence.

I think their playoff chances actually have more to do with what happens with the other teams in the conference. Are Calgary and Winnipeg going to sell off more of their pending free agents? (They’ve already said goodbye to Toffoli and Dubois.) If so, that should leave one wild-card spot up for grabs, so who’s likely to get it? Are the big changes in Nashville going to get them back into the playoffs? I think it’s more likely they take a step back before they get better. Was last season an aberration for St. Louis or are their playoff years behind them? I see no reason to think they’ll be a better team this season. Is Seattle going to regress, and if so, how much? With all the questions around the other middle teams in the west, I could see how Vancouver could have a chance to sneak in. They may not be better than any of Buffalo, Florida, Ottawa, Detroit, Washington or the Islanders, but they don't have to be to make the playoffs.
CSStrowbridge et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2023 à 22 h 56

They are definitely better than Nashville. They are also on par or better than Calgary, Winnipeg, NYI, and Florida. Maybe Seattle and Ottawa if everything goes right but those are stretches
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2023 à 3 h 23
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 36

I'd put vancouver's high end with the 13-17 group, but their low end is potentially in the 1-8 group. I dont know if theres been a more bi-polar team the last 2-3 years
CSStrowbridge et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2023 à 13 h 37

I'm not happy with what Detroit did this off season, so I'm not sure they are that much better. Nashville forward group is just bad and Ottawa could go either way. Maybe new ownership will stabilize the team and help their on-ice performance, but I'm not sold.

On the other hand, Vancouver's biggest problem last year was depth and PK. They look like they've addressed both problems. That should help them get at least 10 more points this season.
RawDeal a aimé ceci.
27 sept. 2023 à 14 h 11
Steve Durbano Fan
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
If Pearson is healthy he is a decent forward who can deliver 15 to 20 goals and 40 points which is decent value for 3.1. The Canadiens win the trade with the 3rd pick and if Pearson delivers on his promise it is a massacre. Hughes is a very impressive manager.
27 sept. 2023 à 15 h 8
WentWughes
Quoting: Steve_Durbanofan11
If Pearson is healthy he is a decent forward who can deliver 15 to 20 goals and 40 points which is decent value for 3.1. The Canadiens win the trade with the 3rd pick and if Pearson delivers on his promise it is a massacre. Hughes is a very impressive manager.

Pearson will likely be on the 4th line until injuries happen. I'm honestly expected around 20 if he stays healthy.
9 oct. 2023 à 11 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,732
I've actually flipped a little on this one. Went from masterclass to not great trade IMO. Extracted full value? Absolutely. Would a lesser pick return along with no/less cap coming back been more beneficial? Absolutely.

The more I think about this, the more it feels like the reason they wanted to move on from Hoffman is why they shouldn't have added Pearson. If this was the end result, they should have just kept Hoffman who at least was known commodity, not taken Desmith back in the trade but sent him to SJ instead of Hoffman and asked for a compensatory pick for sending out less cap. Would have yield the same trade value to the Habs but not had Pearson taking up a roster spot that should be going to youth who have earned it but can't get into the lineup now. Ylonen, Pezzetta, Heineman, etc.
9 oct. 2023 à 12 h 33
WentWughes
Quoting: F50marco
I've actually flipped a little on this one. Went from masterclass to not great trade IMO. Extracted full value? Absolutely. Would a lesser pick return along with no/less cap coming back been more beneficial? Absolutely.

The more I think about this, the more it feels like the reason they wanted to move on from Hoffman is why they shouldn't have added Pearson. If this was the end result, they should have just kept Hoffman who at least was known commodity, not taken Desmith back in the trade but sent him to SJ instead of Hoffman and asked for a compensatory pick for sending out less cap. Would have yield the same trade value to the Habs but not had Pearson taking up a roster spot that should be going to youth who have earned it but can't get into the lineup now. Ylonen, Pezzetta, Heineman, etc.

We got a pick and a guy that's better than Hoffman, Hoffman was an offensive PP player and that's it. Completely 1 dimensional. DeSmith would've been gone on waivers for nothing if a trade wasn't made. We got a pick and a roster player who can play limited minutes and not complain about it.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2023 à 21 h 33
I know it is only about a week into the season, but this trade has turned out to be great for both teams.

DeSmith's goals saved above expected per 60 millions is 14th in the league (Demko's is 12th) and Person already has three points and his on-ice goal differential is 1.4 above expected.

Furthermore, both Montreal and Vancouver have gotten off to better than expected starts.
24 oct. 2023 à 9 h 1
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: Pete

Quoting: Andy_Dick
Its no clear win. Its a deal that makes sense for both sides.

5 points in 5 games for Pearson. Montreal gets trade chip at the TDL or maybe even resigns him. His shot hasnt been affected much if at all from the botched surgery. They have added pick as well in the deal.

DeSmith. Two big wins in spot starts for Vancouver when they couldnt hold the fort last season w/o Demko. DeSmith has always been a very good backup.

Win-Win deal.

We got a pick and a guy that's better than Hoffman, Hoffman was an offensive PP player and that's it. Completely 1 dimensional. DeSmith would've been gone on waivers for nothing if a trade wasn't made. We got a pick and a roster player who can play limited minutes and not complain about it.

Pearson is worlds better than Hoffman. Hoffman is completely lost out there. Pearson is responsible, hard working and clearly already liked by his teammates.
3 déc. 2023 à 15 h 22
After two months, Tanner Pearson has cooled off considerably and has just 2 points in his last 19 games and his on-ice goal differential has slipped to just 0.6 over expected. That's not enough for over $3 million. That wouldn't be enough for $1 million. On the other hand, DeSmith has played well enough to earn his paycheck and more.

So far, this is a Canucks win.
RawDeal et PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
21 janv. à 16 h 48

Are we still easily a bottom 10 team with no chance at the playoffs 🤔
CSStrowbridge, KSIxSKULLS, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage