SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Detroit Red Wings signed Alex DeBrincat (4 Years / $7,875,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

9 juill. 2023 à 21 h 27
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 169
Quoting: BCAPP
Also Nylander must be pissssssed lol

Why would Nylander be pissed?

If Debrincat can ask for $7.875M after scoring 66 points
Nylander can now say to Toronto he is worth $10M on a contract extension after scoring 87 points

If anything this drives his value up
Nylander should be happy every time someone gets paid what they are worth
CSStrowbridge et Aebexz a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 21 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: corson
Why would Nylander be pissed?

If Debrincat can ask for $7.875M after scoring 66 points
Nylander can now say to Toronto he is worth $10M on a contract extension after scoring 87 points

If anything this drives his value up
Nylander should be happy every time someone gets paid what they are worth

Because debrincat has more than just his last year. Debrincat has scored 40 twice to nylanders once
9 juill. 2023 à 21 h 34
Stats Are For Losers
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,395
Quoting: Jfstompers
I hate 4 years though, lock this dude up

Consider he lights it up over the next couple seasons, how valuable of a commodity does he become on the trade market with a reasonable contract.

Personally, I see eye to eye with Yzerman on this contract. I personally didn’t really care to have him but the cost to acquire him was too attractive to pass up.
Aebexz a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2023 à 23 h 45
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,350
All that for this, huh?
10 juill. 2023 à 1 h 3
lottery team fan
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 541
dorion seriously didn't wanna pay that huh
10 juill. 2023 à 1 h 36
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 333
Quoting: SnakeDelilah
dorion seriously didn't wanna pay that huh

Dorion offered him wayyyy more. Debrincat seriously didn't wanna take a long deal in Ottawa
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2023 à 2 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: Devil
This contract seems a bit short

just like Alex DeBrincat

Holy crap! I'm 1 cm taller than him.
10 juill. 2023 à 2 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
If Detroit doesn't make the playoffs now, then the Yzerplan is officially a miss.
10 juill. 2023 à 5 h 34
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 290
Quoting: DongLord23
Good deal for DET bad deal for Cat.

Brilliant deal for Cat, he’s set up for a huge 8 year deal by the end of this contract. 4 years is perfect for him. The cap hit is a bit low but reasonable when compared to the Boldy, Cozens, Hischier, Thomas and other young top 6 players
10 juill. 2023 à 8 h 14
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 240
Glad he didn't get the term or money he wanted. Severely overvalued himself but he's still overpaid imo
10 juill. 2023 à 8 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
I like these types of deals a lot in general, the biggest issue here is going to be deciding what to do with 29 year old Debrincat. He is a very good player, but he's not in that elite category, and the undisputed best recipe for an awful next contract is a 29 year old very good player coming off of a good value contract.

Either way though, I don't think Teams should be afraid of the next deal when signing the current one. Debrincat wanted too much money for what he is worth right now to go longer term, and that only makes sense if you are getting good value on the back half of the deal, which is a lot of question marks regarding the cap at that time, and Debrincat's decline in his 30's. Instead, Detoit signs Debrincat for essentially his peak value years (25-29) at a cap number that is fair today, but will likely be a value contract in years 2-4, and given similar deals we have seen, can let the next contract be someone else's problem if the number doesn't make sense.
jr400 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2023 à 9 h 35
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
If Detroit doesn't make the playoffs now, then the Yzerplan is officially a miss.

Honestly, I think it's going to be a miss. I am not sure what the Yzerplan is to be honest. I like this deal in a vacuum, both the term and the price paid to get the player, but when you look at what Yzerman is doing, the team has a lot of cap committed to inconsequential players, most of which are overpayments, and in a very deep talented Atlantic Division, it doesn't look like nearly enough to get over the hump.

Detroit's strength is their forward group, and that group can be good enough to contend, but only if both the Blue Line and Goalie position are very strong, with one of them being elite. That isn't the case in Detroit, and that forward group isn't better than any of Toronto, Tampa, Boston, Florida, Buffalo or Ottawa. Boston and Tampa might take a step back, but both were so good that they have room to take a step back and still be very competitive. Detroit's best forward wouldn't be the best forward on any of those other teams, so I really can't see how they plan to make the playoffs without getting lucky in some regard.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2023 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 686
Quoting: Aebexz
Brilliant deal for Cat, he’s set up for a huge 8 year deal by the end of this contract. 4 years is perfect for him. The cap hit is a bit low but reasonable when compared to the Boldy, Cozens, Hischier, Thomas and other young top 6 players

Yea if he manages to have a great season 4 years from now. That's a long time. Hard to predict with injuries or guys having bad seasons. We seen what happened with Klingberg. Turned down huge extension 2 years ago to bet on him self. Now just getting 1 year deals.

Best deal for Cat was 8 years now.
10 juill. 2023 à 14 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 565
The money actually seems fair. Term is definitely shorter than I expected. On the trade, Kubalik had 20 goals last year. Debrincat had 27. Interesting.
10 juill. 2023 à 19 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Not a bad deal for either side. DeBrincat gets to test free agency again at age 29 when the cap presumably goes up. Detroit gets an elite scorer on a good AAV for a good chunk of his prime.
11 juill. 2023 à 15 h 14
Torresing
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 705
Once he grows a couple feet he will be elite

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage